Options

Fan-to-Fan Ticket Exchange for Dummies

Comments

• Options
    epbadgerepbadger The Bronx, NY Posts: 654
    PJNB said:
    JB274988 said:
    Just closed MD schools for the next 2 weeks.
    I saw Ohio's were closed for 3 weeks. Nothing canceled here yet. Spring break in 3 weeks, so guessing the next 2 weeks will get canned.
    Ontario just closed theirs for 3 weeks. All of Canada will follow I bet. 
    I'd count on it. Same here in the states. My guess all will close, or do online learning (my son's middle school is set up for that) for 3 weeks. 
    Such a cluster fuck. people count on schools as day care and free lunch. How do these people take care of their kids when they need to work! just more of the ripple effect...gonna get alot worse before it gets better. this really is crazy 
  • Options
    DcgalDcgal Posts: 81
     Pandemics are buzzkills. 
    > this is everything  =)
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,212
    edited March 2020
    SHZA said:
    korn-1 said:
    Just got an email saying the buyer of one of my sets of sold F2F tickets has requested a refund. Tickets are back in my account, and I was recharged, I guess I knew that would be the case cause I read the fine print before listing but what a mess... Now have 7 tickets for LA1, 3 for LA2, 3 for SD, and 2 for AZ in my account. 4 more PJ sold that I'm hoping dont get refunded.  Also have Rolling Stones, Rage Against the Machine, MB20/Wallflowers, and Hamilton the musical in there. And thats just ticketmaster... have Foo Fighters on stubhub and the Ohana bands I just ordered... I'm sitting on a mountain of tickets and have no idea if or when any of these shows are gonna happen. So depressing.
    Interesting. Guess that disproves our theory that TM was buying back F2F tickets ... 
    Maybe not.. did the buyer of Korn's tickets put them for sale or request refund.. Two different things i think... I see posts that people say they list tickets and they get sold... To whom? there is no listing pages that are active.. I had one page up for OAK in my browser a few days back and i hit the best seats button and some came up. I tried to buy and got an error.

I was referring to F2F buyers that request refunds. There was some discussion that TM was providing refunds for those tickets and putting them back in the standard pool. I agree that if F2F sales are still happening, TM might be the buyer of those although that seems a little strange. Why would TM want to put out the cash for that and take a chance that they might not sell when it already has the original sale in the bank?
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,804
    SHZA said:
    SHZA said:
    korn-1 said:
    Just got an email saying the buyer of one of my sets of sold F2F tickets has requested a refund. Tickets are back in my account, and I was recharged, I guess I knew that would be the case cause I read the fine print before listing but what a mess... Now have 7 tickets for LA1, 3 for LA2, 3 for SD, and 2 for AZ in my account. 4 more PJ sold that I'm hoping dont get refunded.  Also have Rolling Stones, Rage Against the Machine, MB20/Wallflowers, and Hamilton the musical in there. And thats just ticketmaster... have Foo Fighters on stubhub and the Ohana bands I just ordered... I'm sitting on a mountain of tickets and have no idea if or when any of these shows are gonna happen. So depressing.
    Interesting. Guess that disproves our theory that TM was buying back F2F tickets ... 
    Maybe not.. did the buyer of Korn's tickets put them for sale or request refund.. Two different things i think... I see posts that people say they list tickets and they get sold... To whom? there is no listing pages that are active.. I had one page up for OAK in my browser a few days back and i hit the best seats button and some came up. I tried to buy and got an error.

I was referring to F2F buyers that request refunds. There was some discussion that TM was providing refunds for those tickets and putting them back in the standard pool. I agree that if F2F sales are still happening, TM might be the buyer of those although that seems a little strange. Why would TM want to put out the cash for that and take a chance that they might not sell when it already has the original sale in the bank?
    I am not sure what there plan is but I bet they absolutely fucking hate this system with all of the upgrading and selling going on with no fees. It would not surprise me if they scooped them up just to slow that down. These shows are months away and some of these tickets will have 10 owners by the time the show hits if this is left open I bet. I am probably wrong on that but I have no doubt this is not what they had intended when they set this up. 
  • Options
    lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,930
    edited March 2020
    epbadger said:
    PJNB said:
    JB274988 said:
    Just closed MD schools for the next 2 weeks.
    I saw Ohio's were closed for 3 weeks. Nothing canceled here yet. Spring break in 3 weeks, so guessing the next 2 weeks will get canned.
    Ontario just closed theirs for 3 weeks. All of Canada will follow I bet. 
    I'd count on it. Same here in the states. My guess all will close, or do online learning (my son's middle school is set up for that) for 3 weeks. 
    Such a cluster fuck. people count on schools as day care and free lunch. How do these people take care of their kids when they need to work! just more of the ripple effect...gonna get alot worse before it gets better. this really is crazy 
    Yeah, its gonna be nuts. Thankfully, I work from home 95% of the time so it wont impact me. But your right, it's going to really effect those who don't have that luxury. 
    Post edited by lmckenney24 on
  • Options
    I have skimmed through this thread today. Was a hard day at work. Trying to calm down my crew from this Corona shit. one asshole actually showed up sick as fuck! I mean literally sweating from a fever...really!!

so sorry if this has been covered

I dont think the fan to fan is active....is it? I put up a pair for AZ which has not been sold and when I look is not showing tix available but they have not been sold
  • Options
    HouryoHouryo San Diego Posts: 43

So Craig is right that if you had browsers open prior to the suspension and kept them open, then you still have access to the F2F tickets that people are still listing.  Right now SD has a few bench seats and the 2 LA shows have 6-7 200 level seats each.  I did see some floor level  and 100 level seats pop up in one of the LA shows, but they went quickly so some are still F5ing and purchasing.  I made the mistake of refreshing one of the pages and cannot not get back to the available seats.  Same issue when tickets are purchased now - you can't get back to available seats after purchase.  My guess is if you try and buy and someone beats you to them, then you can't go back to listings which is what may have happened in your case.
  • Options
    Kovsar86Kovsar86 Scranton, PA Posts: 756
    Free Love Rocks stream https://relix.com/live/livestream-20200312-love-rocks-nyc/
    Cyndi Lauper on right now
    Off (s)He Goes
  • Options
    craigraethercraigraether Posts: 1,175
    All they did was put a redirect on the event page... back in the day i worked at record store that had a ticket outlet. if you put an event code that was valid but not active it would redirect back to the enter screen... So many times i got great seats for a second added show by guessing the event code and re-entering it until it came up.. this was days before the internet ..
  • Options
    epbadger said:
    I have skimmed through this thread today. Was a hard day at work. Trying to calm down my crew from this Corona shit. one asshole actually showed up sick as fuck! I mean literally sweating from a fever...really!!

I dont think the fan to fan is active....is it? I put up a pair for AZ which has not been sold and when I look is not showing tix available but they have not been sold
    What are the seats you are selling for AZ?

• Options
    Houryo said:

So Craig is right that if you had browsers open prior to the suspension and kept them open, then you still have access to the F2F tickets that people are still listing.  Right now SD has a few bench seats and the 2 LA shows have 6-7 200 level seats each.  I did see some floor level  and 100 level seats pop up in one of the LA shows, but they went quickly so some are still F5ing and purchasing.  I made the mistake of refreshing one of the pages and cannot not get back to the available seats.  Same issue when tickets are purchased now - you can't get back to available seats after purchase.  My guess is if you try and buy and someone beats you to them, then you can't go back to listings which is what may have happened in your case.
    Wow that's crazy. Wish I'd kept my browsers open lol
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    SHZA said:
    SHZA said:
    korn-1 said:

I am not sure what there plan is but I bet they absolutely fucking hate this system with all of the upgrading and selling going on with no fees. It would not surprise me if they scooped them up just to slow that down. These shows are months away and some of these tickets will have 10 owners by the time the show hits if this is left open I bet. I am probably wrong on that but I have no doubt this is not what they had intended when they set this up. 
    I'd have to think this was foreseeable. No added fees and fixed prices = no risk, of course people are going to take advantage of it. I'm sure they weighed that against what they're making on the standard sales for the tour and concluded it was worth it. 
  • Options
    pbultimatepbultimate Posts: 587
    What about the tickets that exchanged hands multiple times?
  • Options
    ddeschlerddeschler Posts: 634
    So murky.  If TM wasn't a brainless, heartless monolith, they would just refund the current holder, then sell the tickets again when the new date is announced.  Except for the worst seats in QC and OKC, these will all sell, and there's no point in inconveniencing the original ticket holder with credit card charge backs.
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • Options
    Kovsar86Kovsar86 Scranton, PA Posts: 756
    SHZA said:
    Houryo said:

I left mine open but it doesn't show me anything
    Off (s)He Goes
  • Options
    indifferentmanindifferentman Goshen, IN Posts: 731
    korn-1 said:
    Thanks for posting this. 

Based upon this info, I'm out.  I'm getting a refund for my San Diego ticket because I'm expecting the be laid off any day now and I have no idea what my situation will be if/when it get's rescheduled.  

It would be nice to list these up to someone that's still actively able to buy on F2F, but not if they  change their mind months later.  Losing that money later on (when I may REALLY need it) isn't worth it.
    I won't change direction, and I won't change my mind - E.V.
    06 Chicago I, 06 Chicago II, 06 Grand Rapids, 07 Lollapalloza, 08 DC, 08 MSG I, 08 MSG II, 08 EV Solo Milwaukee, Chicago I & II 09, Portland 09, Nobelsville 10, Cleveland 10, PJ20 I & II, Wrigley 13, Brooklyn I & II '13, St. Paul 14, Moline 14, Milwaukee 14
  • Options
    JB274988JB274988 Posts: 287
    korn-1 said:
    Thanks for posting this. 

Based upon this info, I'm out.  I'm getting a refund for my San Diego ticket because I'm expecting the be laid off any day now and I have no idea what my situation will be if/when it get's rescheduled.  

It would be nice to list these up to someone that's still actively able to buy on F2F, but not if they  change their mind months later.  Losing that money later on (when I may REALLY need it) isn't worth it.
    Really sorry to hear that
    Camden, NJ 06 -  Columbia, SC 08 - Washington D.C. 08 - Philadelphia, PA 09 - Bristow, VA 10 - Hartford, CT 10 - NYC, NY 10 - Alpine Valley, WI 11 - Baltimore, MD 13 - Ottawa, ON 20 - Baltimore, MD 20 - St. Louis, MO 20
  • Options
    Anyone know if its the Original ticket buyer that F2F has to be refunded to, What i mean - if F2F changed hands multiple times, does it go back to who i bought it from, or back the first buyer of the "standard" ticket
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,775
    edited March 2020
    All I know is getting a refund on 10c tickets so far has been emails from Ticketstoday, Ten Club and Ticketmaster saying go to Ticketmaster.com, which is chugging along, cut off Live Chat and won't allow me to request a refund or put them up on F2F.

All things considered though have just been postponed/cancelled (pretty much every pro and college sport, as well as Broadway shows), I doubt they'll be able to handle everything for a while now.
  • Options
    LaFleurLaFleur Posts: 797
    Kovsar86 said:
    SHZA said:
    Houryo said:

I left mine open but it doesn't show me anything
    Same.
    Barrie - '98
    Toronto - '96, '00, '03, '05, '06, '16, '20, '22
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,911
    Is it weird that I still get excited to see the Got It page even though I know there are no tickets right now 😊
  • Options
    MF117973 said:
    Is it weird that I still get excited to see the Got It page even though I know there are no tickets right now 😊
    No...not at all
  • Options
    TW150753TW150753 Posts: 159
    Sitting outside with a stogie and bourbon listening to Wrigley 1, 2018.  And, some, of you are still here.  Love this thread, just getting caught up on all you are talking about.
  • Options
    TW150753TW150753 Posts: 159
    Where are the Baltimore tickets?
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,911
    TW150753 said:
    Where are the Baltimore tickets?
    Hopefully, they will be flooding us with them shortly. Everything seems to be in a holding pattern right now. 
  • Options
    Happy Friday my friends..it's getting pretty serious here in Philadelphia..NJ... Everyone is losing their minds
  • Options
    epbadger said:

What are the seats you are selling for AZ?

229 row G seats 1 and 2
  • Options
    JB274988JB274988 Posts: 287
    Happy Friday all - officially working from home for the rest of the month; how about everyone else?
    Camden, NJ 06 -  Columbia, SC 08 - Washington D.C. 08 - Philadelphia, PA 09 - Bristow, VA 10 - Hartford, CT 10 - NYC, NY 10 - Alpine Valley, WI 11 - Baltimore, MD 13 - Ottawa, ON 20 - Baltimore, MD 20 - St. Louis, MO 20
  • Options
    Happy Friday my friends..it's getting pretty serious here in Philadelphia..NJ... Everyone is losing their minds
    Good morning
  • Options
    lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,930
    edited March 2020
    JB274988 said:
    Happy Friday all - officially working from home for the rest of the month; how about everyone else?
    I have ability to work from home and do so 95% of the time. However, my company is now having everyone work from home for at least the next 30 days.

Schools to do online learning for next 3 weeks. 

Now just waiting to hear about my son's baseball tournaments, which will likely be canned, as they usually have teams from 3 or 4 states playing.