Options

Fan-to-Fan Ticket Exchange for Dummies

Comments

• Options
    Whothat13girlWhothat13girl Posts: 444
    edited March 2020
    auntdonut said:
    Thanks @Imckenney24! I believe you answered my question from Lesson #1 also! You're so cool !!!
    Glad I was able to help! 
    My wife would disagree with your last part of that post, but thank you. HA!
    Did u book w crown? For hotel?  Did u have any cancel fee?
    I booked with points, so all were refunded in my account. I always book the refundable rate if I pay cash, not points, which is typically $20-50 more per night than non-refundable rate. The benefit is situations like these. I'd rather lose $50 than $300. 
    So I did have a deposit with crown hotel but they are making exceptions for the pj crew... No charge. I promised I'll rebook asap when I know a new date
    Terrific, that's great news! 
    When they rebook, I suggest doing the refundable, no deposit rate. Just in case something unforeseen occurs. Your call obviously. Happy you got it worked out.
    Thx ..will def do
    I have worked very hard the last 6 years to give my kids all they need alone .I am just now( finally?) in a position to do some stuff for myself .. and this happens . Lol... I am def not a seasoned traveler... But I'm gonna get in all the pj I can first and second leg and festival...... And meet some new friends.... It's been a long lonely road .. ready to get back out the house 🤗🤗🤗
    Post edited by Whothat13girl on
  • Options
    DcgalDcgal Posts: 81
    Kovsar86 said:
    A surgeon that I work with was supposed to go to MSG last night for Allman Brother’s 50th. He made the decision to not go because of concern for all of the patients that he treats. He said he had great seats too and was super disappointed. 

Gut wrenching. Glad PJ took action so we wouldn't have to make that kind of decision.
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,193
    Dcgal said:
    Kovsar86 said:
    A surgeon that I work with was supposed to go to MSG last night for Allman Brother’s 50th. He made the decision to not go because of concern for all of the patients that he treats. He said he had great seats too and was super disappointed. 

Gut wrenching. Glad PJ took action so we wouldn't have to make that kind of decision.
    Agreed. It would have been a hard one to make. I think we will all enjoy the shows more when they happen without the shadow of a pandemic looming over us. Pandemics are buzzkills. 
  • Options
    lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,942
    auntdonut said:
    Thanks @Imckenney24! I believe you answered my question from Lesson #1 also! You're so cool !!!
    Glad I was able to help! 
    I booked with points, so all were refunded in my account. I always book the refundable rate if I pay cash, not points, which is typically $20-50 more per night than non-refundable rate. The benefit is situations like these. I'd rather lose $50 than $300. 
    So I did have a deposit with crown hotel but they are making exceptions for the pj crew... No charge. I promised I'll rebook asap when I know a new date
    When they rebook, I suggest doing the refundable, no deposit rate. Just in case something unforeseen occurs. Your call obviously. Happy you got it worked out.
    Thx ..will def do
    I have worked very hard the last 6 years to give my kids all they need alone .I am just now( finally?) in a position to do some stuff for myself .. and this happens . Lol... I am def not a seasoned traveler... But I'm gonna get in all the pj I can first and second leg and festival...... And meet some new friends.... It's been a long lonely road .. ready to get back out the house 🤗🤗🤗
    The wait will be worth it, and they'll come out blazing. Sorry you had to go through that, but sounds like you've come out on top. 
  • Options
    auntdonut said:
    Glad I was able to help! 
    Thx ..will def do
    The wait will be worth it, and they'll come out blazing. Sorry you had to go through that, but sounds like you've come out on top. 
    Thx and 😂😂😂😂 my dumb phone wrote 15 yr by mistake.. originally...   Just 6 on my own..
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,788
    MF117973 said:
    Dcgal said:
    Kovsar86 said:

Agreed. It would have been a hard one to make. I think we will all enjoy the shows more when they happen without the shadow of a pandemic looming over us. Pandemics are buzzkills. 
    Exactly. Very relieved
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,498

Anyone score?? 
  • Options
    danlee1095danlee1095 Posts: 1,053
    SHZA said:

Anyone score?? 
    Nope...  I love that this is still going though.  Any idea what section?
    9/8/98 (NJ), 9/10/98 (NY), 8/23/00 (NY), 8/24/00 (NY), 8/25/00 (NY), 4/30/03 (NY), 7/8/03 (NY), 7/9/03 (NY), 5/12/06 (NY), 6/1/06 (NJ), 6/3/06 (NJ), 8/5/07 (IL), 6/22/08 (DC), 6/24/08 (NY), 6/25/08 (NY), 7/1/08 (NY), 10/4/09 (TX ), 10/30/09 (PA), 5/20/10 (NY), 5/21/10 (NY), 9/3/11 (WI), 9/4/11 (WI), 7/19/13 (IL), 10/18/13 (NY), 10/19/13 (NY), 10/3/14 (MO), 9/23/15 (NY), 9/26/15 (NY), 5/1/16 (NY), 5/2/16 (NY), 8/5/16 (MA), 8/22/16 (IL), 4/7/17 (NY), 6/18/18 (UK), 8/20/18 (IL), 9/2/18 (MA), 9/4/18 (MA), 9/18/21 (NJ), 9/26/21 (CA), 10/1/21 (CA), 10/2/21 (CA), 9/10/22 (NY), 9/11/22 (NY), 9/14/22 (NJ), 9/16/22 (TN), 9/22/22 (CO), 8/31/23 (MN), 9/2/23 (MN), 9/5/23 (IL), 9/7/23 (IL), 5/16/24 (NV), 5/18/24 (NV), 5/28/24 (WA), 5/30/24 (WA)
  • Options
    SHZA said:

Anyone score?? 
    Are they releasing them yet. A lot of shows have the “got it” page but then show no tickets, even the ones that weren’t fully sold out before.   I wonder if TM is holding on to those tickets until a date is announced. Then it will rain tickets. Make sure to keep your new F5 skills fresh (should I say refreshed). Have a great day everyone. 
  • Options
    MF117973 said:
    SHZA said:

Anyone score?? 
    Are they releasing them yet. A lot of shows have the “got it” page but then show no tickets, even the ones that weren’t fully sold out before.   I wonder if TM is holding on to those tickets until a date is announced. Then it will rain tickets. Make sure to keep your new F5 skills fresh (should I say refreshed). Have a great day everyone. 
    This what I’m thinking. My guess is they are holding on to them until the have a set rescheduled date and I think once that happens the flood gates will open. Hopefully at least. Side not I tried Baltimore for the hell of it early this morning and when I went on I got the “Got it” screen but no tickets. I refreshed a few times and it was gone. May have just been a glitch though. I guess time will tell. I still think it may be a few weeks before a rescheduled date is announced.
    "If you're like me, then you know me"

2006: Camden 1
    2008: Washington DC
    2009: Philly 1, Philly 2, Philly 3, Philly 4
    2013: Philly 1, Philly 2, Baltimore
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2,
    2017: Temple of The Dog Philly 2
  • Options
    LaFleurLaFleur Posts: 805
    MF117973 said:
    SHZA said:

Anyone score?? 
    I guess TM is just "buying them back" if listing for sale....strange, I wonder why they don't just shut the sell option down for now and refund if folks want it. 
    Barrie - '98
    Toronto - '96, '00, '03, '05, '06, '16, '20, '22
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22
  • Options
    Lowlight11Lowlight11 Posts: 271
    MF117973 said:
    SHZA said:

Anyone score?? 
    I guess TM is just "buying them back" if listing for sale....strange, I wonder why they don't just shut the sell option down for now and refund if folks want it. 
    I'm wondering if they will all hit at once when the new date gets announced.

Does anyone know if MSG tickets can still be transferred?
  • Options
    I've been checking and haven't seen amy
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Where did she go? Haha, just kiddng
  • Options
    BagCzechBagCzech Posts: 418
    as per the person that posted them he has not yet received an email saying they've sold. when the new dates are announced, F2F is going to be MADNESS
  • Options
    BagCzech said:
    as per the person that posted them he has not yet received an email saying they've sold. when the new dates are announced, F2F is going to be MADNESS
    Hahaha can't wait!!!
  • Options
    Lol ..I seen that after 🤪🤪🤪🤪
  • Options
    Lol ..I seen that after 🤪🤪🤪🤪
    As long as she has been found. That's all that matters. 
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    BagCzech said:
    Hahaha can't wait!!!
    BagCzech said:
    Hahaha can't wait!!!
    I am thinking the F2F will be dependent on how many tickets are in the "pool". If there is a significant amount of tickets, I wonder if they just do a regular general public sale. 
  • Options
    craigraethercraigraether Posts: 1,248
    Just got paid for my last F2F transaction.... I think whom ever suggested that TM or 10C was buying the F2F that are being posted now makes sense... its a refund basically ...
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,506
    Just got paid for my last F2F transaction.... I think whom ever suggested that TM or 10C was buying the F2F that are being posted now makes sense... its a refund basically ...
    since you can't BUY on the F2F pages then yeah, TM buying them back and will re-sell at face value eventually. So interesting thing is we don't know how many tix will be available in the future....
  • Options
    odd they do it that way though, they lose money on each F2F transaction with the credit card fees. 
    Barrie - '98
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,039
    So how does this work? Sorry if this has been discussed already. 

I sold tickets on F2F. The buyer now asks for a refund which they get. I assume my CC is now going to be charged and they get refunded. 

Do I get the tickets back as my own and can I use them?
    Do I get an email telling me that this happened or do I just need to keep checking my CC statement
    Am I able to put them back onto F2F or do I just have an option for a refund?

• Options
    PJNB said:

I sold tickets on F2F. The buyer now asks for a refund which they get. I assume my CC is now going to be charged and they get refunded. 

Do I get an email telling me that this happened or do I just need to keep checking my CC statement

I have not seen option for refund of F2F tickets...

Not sure why TM wouldn't just refund the buyer directly. 
    Barrie - '98
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22
  • Options
    PJNB said:

That would effectively be TM buying them back from the person and then holding them for a potential sale later. TM already made their money on the initial sale.  If the original buyer lists and sells them on F2F then TM is just a broker passing money from person B to person A.  They cannot refund F2F tickets unless they are buying them back.  They cannot force the original seller to pay for the 2nd sale by just taking $$ from the original seller.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,039
    PJNB said:

That would effectively be TM buying them back from the person and then holding them for a potential sale later. TM already made their money on the initial sale.  If the original buyer lists and sells them on F2F then TM is just a broker passing money from person B to person A.  They cannot refund F2F tickets unless they are buying them back.  They cannot force the original seller to pay for the 2nd sale by just taking $$ from the original seller.
    I thought that is why we had to put our CC info in though so the buyer on the F2F market could get refunded. 
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    MF117973 said:
    SHZA said:

Anyone score?? 
    I'm wondering if they will all hit at once when the new date gets announced.

Does anyone know if MSG tickets can still be transferred?
    My MSG tickets still has the transfer button. But I am not pushing it =)

Post edited by GlowGirl on
  • Options
    PJNB said:

The email says if you bought resale you can get a refund by replying to the email.

It makes sense that TM / the band are providing the refund directly even on F2F. Charging the seller and then possibly refunding that person seems like it would be more complicated and cause more problems. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:

I thought that is why we had to put our CC info in though so the buyer on the F2F market could get refunded. 
    I think if it were canceled altogether they'd charge your card for the resale transaction while simultaneously crediting you for the original purchase. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:

I think thats so YOU get paid when the F2F buyer buys your tickets.