Fan-to-Fan Ticket Exchange for Dummies

Comments

• auntdonut said:
    Thanks @Imckenney24! I believe you answered my question from Lesson #1 also! You're so cool !!!
    Glad I was able to help! 
    My wife would disagree with your last part of that post, but thank you. HA!
    Did u book w crown? For hotel?  Did u have any cancel fee?
    I booked with points, so all were refunded in my account. I always book the refundable rate if I pay cash, not points, which is typically $20-50 more per night than non-refundable rate. The benefit is situations like these. I'd rather lose $50 than $300. 
    So I did have a deposit with crown hotel but they are making exceptions for the pj crew... No charge. I promised I'll rebook asap when I know a new date
  • SuefireSuefire Posts: 116
    mpedone said:
    bigdeath said:
    With all the potential tix being returned for refunds, I am excited for the next round of F5'ing when the tour is rescheduled.
    Upgrade!! Maybe we'll all be on the floor together in our f5 shirts🤪🤪🤪🤪

I would love there to be a crazy pack of idiots in bright orange shirts on the floor. Maybe get an "F5!" chant going just before PJ comes on stage...
    That would be great!!!  
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,686
    epbadger said:
    Holy shit!!!Unless my son is making fuck on me...apparantly as of the 19th All Suny and Cuny schools are sending all student home for the semester. supposedly they will finish classes online....I got 2 boys 1 in suny albany the other in suny Buffalo

Wow!!
    I teach at CUNY - yup. My classes I teach there are already online, so I don't have anything different to do. However, I feel for my colleagues who are scrambling to set up online classes. It is a giant mess.

• lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,989
    auntdonut said:
    Thanks @Imckenney24! I believe you answered my question from Lesson #1 also! You're so cool !!!
    Glad I was able to help! 
    I booked with points, so all were refunded in my account. I always book the refundable rate if I pay cash, not points, which is typically $20-50 more per night than non-refundable rate. The benefit is situations like these. I'd rather lose $50 than $300. 
    So I did have a deposit with crown hotel but they are making exceptions for the pj crew... No charge. I promised I'll rebook asap when I know a new date
    Terrific, that's great news! 
    When they rebook, I suggest doing the refundable, no deposit rate. Just in case something unforeseen occurs. Your call obviously. Happy you got it worked out.
  • epbadgerepbadger Posts: 663
    MF117973 said:
    epbadger said:
    Holy shit!!!Unless my son is making fuck on me...apparantly as of the 19th All Suny and Cuny schools are sending all student home for the semester. supposedly they will finish classes online....I got 2 boys 1 in suny albany the other in suny Buffalo

Wow!!
    I teach at CUNY - yup. My classes I teach there are already online, so I don't have anything different to do. However, I feel for my colleagues who are scrambling to set up online classes. It is a giant mess.

what a cluster fuck

• Kovsar86Kovsar86 Posts: 756
    epbadger said:
    MF117973 said:
    epbadger said:

Wow!!

what a cluster fuck

Will there be refunds for room and board? Sounds like a financial aid nightmare as well. 
    Like I said I am at the University of Scranton for grad school and all programs will be taught online through atleast Easter break. I’ve heard other schools in PA are doing the same
    Off (s)He Goes
  • Can I ask why so many people seem to be looking to get refunds before they even know the new dates?  If it was a straight cancellation I could understand that.  But if they reschedule for the fall that's too long to wait?

Since I was blessed to win exactly 0 tickets through the Ten Club, Verified Fan, general onsale, and F2F I don't have anything to worry about.
    Boston (4/10/94), Hartford (10/2/96), Barre (8/22/98), Hartford (9/13/98), Mansfield (9/15/98 + 9/16/98), Mansfield (8/29/00 + 8/30/00), Mansfield (7/2/03 + 7/11/03), Boston (9/28/04), Hartford (5/13/06), Boston (5/24/06 + 5/25/06), Hartford (6/27/08), Mansfield (6/28/08 + 6/30/08), Philadelphia (10/31/09), Hartford (5/15/10), Worcester (10/15/13 + 10/16/13), Hartford (10/25/13), New York (5/1/16), Boston (8/5/16 + 8/7/16), Boston (9/2/18 + 9/4/18)
    Can I ask why so many people seem to be looking to get refunds before they even know the new dates?  If it was a straight cancellation I could understand that.  But if they reschedule for the fall that's too long to wait?

Since I was blessed to win exactly 0 tickets through the Ten Club, Verified Fan, general onsale, and F2F I don't have anything to worry about.
    Solid question.

Maybe some just know they have no time in fall to attend, assuming that's when dates are rescheduled for. It will help you though, when F2F re-opens.
  • Can I ask why so many people seem to be looking to get refunds before they even know the new dates?  If it was a straight cancellation I could understand that.  But if they reschedule for the fall that's too long to wait?

Solid question.

Maybe some just know they have no time in fall to attend, assuming that's when dates are rescheduled for. It will help you though, when F2F re-opens.
    I'm not sure if it will or not.  It seems like there will be more tickets available.  But will they be F2F or just straight from Ticketmaster?  I'm guessing that I won't have much luck with either though.

But on a personal note, it all depends on the new schedule.  If they announce a tour with combined dates from Spring and Fall then there will likely be more northeast dates I'll have to choose from.  I was convincing the wife that we could do Baltimore since that was one of the two shows nearby.  If they have a Boston/Hartford/Worcester date then that would likely be better for us.  

Basically I was trying to sneak in the Baltimore show because I could honestly tell her that there were no other shows nearby.  While in the back of my mind I knew they would likely be coming back in the fall.  
    Boston (4/10/94), Hartford (10/2/96), Barre (8/22/98), Hartford (9/13/98), Mansfield (9/15/98 + 9/16/98), Mansfield (8/29/00 + 8/30/00), Mansfield (7/2/03 + 7/11/03), Boston (9/28/04), Hartford (5/13/06), Boston (5/24/06 + 5/25/06), Hartford (6/27/08), Mansfield (6/28/08 + 6/30/08), Philadelphia (10/31/09), Hartford (5/15/10), Worcester (10/15/13 + 10/16/13), Hartford (10/25/13), New York (5/1/16), Boston (8/5/16 + 8/7/16), Boston (9/2/18 + 9/4/18)
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,830
    ^ Exactly. Nashville would’ve been awesome, but now there’s a good chance that closer shows will be available in the fall. And at this rate, I can F2F if I reeeeeaaalllly want to go to the rescheduled date.
    epbadger said:
    MF117973 said:
    epbadger said:

Wow!!

what a cluster fuck

Yes. It is. There have been a flurry of emails all day. I am very happy that I teach all my classes online. The one graduate school course I teach is over in 2 weeks anyway. But my undergrad classes don't end until May. I told my chair that if any of the other professors need tips about teaching online they should get in touch with me. I have been doing it for 15 years. At least there is that option these days. If this had happened when I was in college we would all be SOL.

• Sorry to ask a question that's probably already been answered, but I don't have the time to read 30 (or 300) pages of banter.

Can anyone tell me if the F2F exchange is still up and working?

I'm seriously concerned that the Corona Virus is going to be costing me my job soon and I want to try and recoup whatever money I can by selling my tickets.
    I won't change direction, and I won't change my mind - E.V.
    06 Chicago I, 06 Chicago II, 06 Grand Rapids, 07 Lollapalloza, 08 DC, 08 MSG I, 08 MSG II, 08 EV Solo Milwaukee, Chicago I & II 09, Portland 09, Nobelsville 10, Cleveland 10, PJ20 I & II, Wrigley 13, Brooklyn I & II '13, St. Paul 14, Moline 14, Milwaukee 14
    edited March 2020
    Sorry to ask a question that's probably already been answered, but I don't have the time to read 30 (or 300) pages of banter.

I'm seriously concerned that the Corona Virus is going to be costing me my job soon and I want to try and recoup whatever money I can by selling my tickets.
    First off, sorry to hear that and I truly hope that doesnt occur.

It's my understanding that F2F is closed until a new date is announced. I may be wrong on that. You should have received an instruction email from Ticketmaster. If you reply to that email, you can request a refund (says to expect 7 to 10 days).

Good luck, and hope everything works out man!

• epbadgerepbadger Posts: 663
    Kovsar86 said:
    epbadger said:
    MF117973 said:
    epbadger said:

Wow!!

what a cluster fuck

Will there be refunds for room and board? Sounds like a financial aid nightmare as well. 
    Like I said I am at the University of Scranton for grad school and all programs will be taught online through atleast Easter break. I’ve heard other schools in PA are doing the same
    That was my 1st thought....Turns out it's just classes that are being done "remotely" they do not have leave campus and the dining halls will remain open. How you do the labs remotely I dont know. seems they are still figuring it out...Assuming this applies to Suny Buffalo. I got this info from my senior in Albany who is now wondering about the graduation ceremony.
  • RF123172RF123172 Posts: 110
    Even though F2F appears down until new dates are announced, I hope folks will wait for F2F to be back instead of going to TM for a refund.  If you really need the money quickly, I certainly understand. 
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,889
    Sorry to ask a question that's probably already been answered, but I don't have the time to read 30 (or 300) pages of banter.

It looks like it's down, but at least 1 member said they listed tickets yesterday and they sold. You could always try it and if they don't sell cancel the listing and pursue the refund option. 
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,692
    Can I ask why so many people seem to be looking to get refunds before they even know the new dates?  If it was a straight cancellation I could understand that.  But if they reschedule for the fall that's too long to wait?

I am refunding my OKC tickets due to knowing it will be near impossible to make the rescheduled date. We live about a 10 hour drive  from there and the only reason we could attend was due to it being during my wife’s spring break. (She teaches high school) The likelihood of it falling during another extended break seems pretty remote. If by some unlikely coincidence it does, we will buy new tickets. I  am keeping my STL tickets since it is only 3 hours away and we could go on a school night and make it back in time for her to go to work the next day if needed. 

You might have your chance now. I hope that tickets come your way.

• "If you're like me, then you know me"

2006: Camden 1
    2008: Washington DC
    2009: Philly 1, Philly 2, Philly 3, Philly 4
    2013: Philly 1, Philly 2, Baltimore
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2,
    2017: Temple of The Dog Philly 2
  • JB274988JB274988 Posts: 287
    Camden, NJ 06 -  Columbia, SC 08 - Washington D.C. 08 - Philadelphia, PA 09 - Bristow, VA 10 - Hartford, CT 10 - NYC, NY 10 - Alpine Valley, WI 11 - Baltimore, MD 13 - Ottawa, ON 20 - Baltimore, MD 20 - St. Louis, MO 20
  • DcgalDcgal Posts: 81
    Kovsar86 said:
    Anyone still actively watching to see if tickets are up for F2F? 
    Or are we just waiting until new dates. Thoughts?

Good morning my friends...I just need to say hi 👋👋👋👋🤪🤪🤪

Hey everyone. Ok, I may have done a little F5ing today. Just in case.  

Coronavirus is really starting to hit around here. All work travel cancelled this week through the end of the month, at least. DC government declared emergency status this afternoon. Give it a few days maximum before my office institutes mandatory telework. I'm all for precaution on this front. My thoughts are going out to all of those already impacted. Stay strong... we've got a concert to get to when this is all done.
    epbadger said:
    Kovsar86 said:
    epbadger said:
    MF117973 said:
    epbadger said:

Wow!!

what a cluster fuck

That was my 1st thought....Turns out it's just classes that are being done "remotely" they do not have leave campus and the dining halls will remain open. How you do the labs remotely I dont know. seems they are still figuring it out...Assuming this applies to Suny Buffalo. I got this info from my senior in Albany who is now wondering about the graduation ceremony.
    Ugh sorry. I hate that for graduation ceremonies. Especially for a first degree, you want to hear your name be called. To do it remotely would not be very fun. Some labs can be done with software, kits etc might be an option. 
    If this extends to fall I am unsure what would happen with my simulations if there are alterations to course of study as most of my nurse practitioner courses are held on campus. 
    They are closing the residence halls here at the University of Scranton starting the 13th through atleast after Easter. Marywood University also in Scranton I think is handling it differently. 
    It will be interesting to see how all of this unfolds.

Off (s)He Goes
  • craigraethercraigraether Posts: 1,298
    edited March 2020
    Dcgal said:
    Kovsar86 said:
    Anyone still actively watching to see if tickets are up for F2F? 
    Or are we just waiting until new dates. Thoughts?

Good morning my friends...I just need to say hi 👋👋👋👋🤪🤪🤪

Hey everyone. Ok, I may have done a little F5ing today. Just in case.  

Coronavirus is really starting to hit around here. All work travel cancelled this week through the end of the month, at least. DC government declared emergency status this afternoon. Give it a few days maximum before my office institutes mandatory telework. I'm all for precaution on this front. My thoughts are going out to all of those already impacted. Stay strong... we've got a concert to get to when this is all done.
    Right there with you, the more I see I wonder how long this will go on. I work for a fortune 50 software company and emails suggestive of work from home could be on the way. Further I was in the break room and guy talking about his sick kid at home with a 102 fever.. Come on.. stay home man! .. just heard they canceled an NBA game in OKC just before it started. Probably it for crowds at NBA games 
  • indifferentmanindifferentman Posts: 731
    edited March 2020
    Thanks for the info everyone.

So I logged into TM and started the F2F process and I noticed that it's asking for MY credit card info "if the event is canceled, postponed or rescheduled".

Does this mean that effectively it is MY responsibility to refund the buyer of my ticket in the event that it never gets rescheduled or if they suddenly change their mind later on and want a refund instead? 

In other words, Ticketmaster isn't refunding the buyer with the money I spent to buy the tickets initially, they are requiring me to pay them back?

If I'm correct in that assumption then I really can't proceed with it.  It would be twice as bad if I suddenly got an unexpected charge back from TM if the buyer backed out later.  

I'm going to hang onto my MSG tickets because a friend of mine is counting on me for the 2nd ticket and it's local to me (for now anyway) but I don't see the likelihood that I could travel to San Diego at a later date.
    Post edited by indifferentman on
    I won't change direction, and I won't change my mind - E.V.
    06 Chicago I, 06 Chicago II, 06 Grand Rapids, 07 Lollapalloza, 08 DC, 08 MSG I, 08 MSG II, 08 EV Solo Milwaukee, Chicago I & II 09, Portland 09, Nobelsville 10, Cleveland 10, PJ20 I & II, Wrigley 13, Brooklyn I & II '13, St. Paul 14, Moline 14, Milwaukee 14
    A surgeon that I work with was supposed to go to MSG last night for Allman Brother’s 50th. He made the decision to not go because of concern for all of the patients that he treats. He said he had great seats too and was super disappointed. 

Off (s)He Goes
  • Feeling extra happy after reading the faq post....dates coming soon and second leg 🤗🤗🤗🤗
    PJ made a good call. As sad as we all are. Thankful we don’t have to make the decision as to if we go or don’t go. Let’s be honest whether or not we should have went many of us would have went so we didn’t miss it.
    Off (s)He Goes
    Feeling extra happy after reading the faq post....dates coming soon and second leg 🤗🤗🤗🤗
    Yep hopefully 
    Off (s)He Goes
    Feeling extra happy after reading the faq post....dates coming soon and second leg 🤗🤗🤗🤗
    I felt the same way. They made the right call. But now we have more shows to look forward to. 👏👏👏
  • auntdonut said:
    Glad I was able to help! 
    Terrific, that's great news! 
    When they rebook, I suggest doing the refundable, no deposit rate. Just in case something unforeseen occurs. Your call obviously. Happy you got it worked out.