Fan-to-Fan Ticket Exchange for Dummies

Comments

• Kovsar86Kovsar86 Posts: 756
    Good morning! Still in F5 withdrawal and denial. Self evaluation of my stages of grieving.
    Off (s)He Goes
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,900
    edited March 2020
    PJNB said:
    Had a lot of fun watching people in this thread be excited when they scored seats. 

^^^This. Was fortunate to coordinate a couple of purchases in the middle of the night and that was a lot of excitement.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Good morning my friends...I just need to say hi 👋👋👋👋🤪🤪🤪
  • It'd be such a bummer if the concerts get cancelled due to COVID-19 (read Coachella at risk), after all the efforts that have been put in to buy the tickets.
    Can't say I didn't anticipate this, except they're postponed.
  • shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,818
    epbadger said:
    Any ticket drops today? Is anyone looking anymore?
    didnt see any. got to admit I put in about 2 hours....which at this point can do with my eyes closed
    Couldn’t resist..  maybe if you opened your eyes you would have seen the drops. 😉 

Not to bring down the light-hearted ness of this thread but....I’m definitely missing the fun stress of f5ing and anticipating the shows.  This real stress I’m living is no fun at all.  A parent at my kids’ school is hospitalized and very sick with covid-19.  All of the schools in our town were closed 1 day for cleaning (yesterday).  The info we are given is limited (understandably).  We don’t know how many kids the family has or even which of the 6 schools in our town they go to.  The family is quarantined for 2 weeks and I “heard” that all of the rest of the family is negative.  It’s scary.  I just sent my 2 younger kids off to school.  My college kid has all classes cancelled today and will be doing only online and video conferencing until April. Neighbors are checking each other out to see who might be sick.  I’m really worried about the sick parent who is exactly my age.  As I’ve mentioned I work in healthcare with almost all elderly patients in their homes.  They are (understandably) scared to let anyone come in to their homes.  Everyone is suddenly suspicious/scared of everyone else.  We are the caretakers for my husbands elderly parents who live with us.  Over the years, they catch every cold virus that the kids bring home.  We told them they can’t kiss their grandchildren for now.  
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 NYC Global Citizen
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/2/18 Fenway 1 9/4/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    2/4/22 EV Earthlings NYC 2/6/22 EV Earthlings Newark 9/11/22 MSG 9/14/22 Camden
    9/3/24 MSG 1 9/4/24 MSG 2 9/7/24 Philly 1 9/9/24 Philly 2
  • danlee1095danlee1095 Posts: 1,194
    epbadger said:
    didnt see any. got to admit I put in about 2 hours....which at this point can do with my eyes closed
    Couldn’t resist..  maybe if you opened your eyes you would have seen the drops. 😉 

Not to bring down the light-hearted ness of this thread but....I’m definitely missing the fun stress of f5ing and anticipating the shows.  This real stress I’m living is no fun at all.  A parent at my kids’ school is hospitalized and very sick with covid-19.  All of the schools in our town were closed 1 day for cleaning (yesterday).  The info we are given is limited (understandably).  We don’t know how many kids the family has or even which of the 6 schools in our town they go to.  The family is quarantined for 2 weeks and I “heard” that all of the rest of the family is negative.  It’s scary.  I just sent my 2 younger kids off to school.  My college kid has all classes cancelled today and will be doing only online and video conferencing until April. Neighbors are checking each other out to see who might be sick.  I’m really worried about the sick parent who is exactly my age.  As I’ve mentioned I work in healthcare with almost all elderly patients in their homes.  They are (understandably) scared to let anyone come in to their homes.  Everyone is suddenly suspicious/scared of everyone else.  We are the caretakers for my husbands elderly parents who live with us.  Over the years, they catch every cold virus that the kids bring home.  We told them they can’t kiss their grandchildren for now.  
    Thoughts and prayers with you and your family (and frankly, all of us).  It's becoming more and more clear that PJ did the absolute right thing. We finally started mandatory work from home today (avoiding commuting into NYC) and no case yet in my town on LI but its only a matter of time.  Hang in / listen to PJ / stay positive (not with corona) and I'm a believer that "the sun will rise another day" for all of us!
    9/8/98 (NJ), 9/10/98 (NY), 8/23/00 (NY), 8/24/00 (NY), 8/25/00 (NY), 4/30/03 (NY), 7/8/03 (NY), 7/9/03 (NY), 5/12/06 (NY), 6/1/06 (NJ), 6/3/06 (NJ), 8/5/07 (IL), 6/22/08 (DC), 6/24/08 (NY), 6/25/08 (NY), 7/1/08 (NY), 10/4/09 (TX ), 10/30/09 (PA), 5/20/10 (NY), 5/21/10 (NY), 9/3/11 (WI), 9/4/11 (WI), 7/19/13 (IL), 10/18/13 (NY), 10/19/13 (NY), 10/3/14 (MO), 9/23/15 (NY), 9/26/15 (NY), 5/1/16 (NY), 5/2/16 (NY), 8/5/16 (MA), 8/22/16 (IL), 4/7/17 (NY), 6/18/18 (UK), 8/20/18 (IL), 9/2/18 (MA), 9/4/18 (MA), 9/18/21 (NJ), 9/26/21 (CA), 10/1/21 (CA), 10/2/21 (CA), 9/10/22 (NY), 9/11/22 (NY), 9/14/22 (NJ), 9/16/22 (TN), 9/22/22 (CO), 8/31/23 (MN), 9/2/23 (MN), 9/5/23 (IL), 9/7/23 (IL), 5/16/24 (NV), 5/18/24 (NV), 5/28/24 (WA), 5/30/24 (WA), 8/29/24 (IL), 8/31/24 (IL), 9/3/24 (NY), 9/4/24 (NY), 9/7/24 (PA), 9/12/24 (MD), 9/15/24 (MA), 9/17/24 (MA)
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391
    Remember to think of me if you release two for Baltimore!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,686
    epbadger said:

Sorry to hear this. Yes. This stress is real. We just all have to stay vigilant and wash our hands and stay away from people if we are sick. I am a college professor and my school just moved to online classes for the next several weeks. Luckily for me I already teach most of my classes online and only have to convert one of them. But all of this has convinced me that PJ made the right call, no matter how disappointed we are. 
  • shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,818
    epbadger said:

Thoughts and prayers with you and your family (and frankly, all of us).  It's becoming more and more clear that PJ did the absolute right thing. We finally started mandatory work from home today (avoiding commuting into NYC) and no case yet in my town on LI but its only a matter of time.  Hang in / listen to PJ / stay positive (not with corona) and I'm a believer that "the sun will rise another day" for all of us!
    Totally agree that it was the right thing to do.  In fact I was really conflicted about going in the last couple of data before the announcement of postponement.  Really glad I don’t have to make that decision
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 NYC Global Citizen
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/2/18 Fenway 1 9/4/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    2/4/22 EV Earthlings NYC 2/6/22 EV Earthlings Newark 9/11/22 MSG 9/14/22 Camden
    9/3/24 MSG 1 9/4/24 MSG 2 9/7/24 Philly 1 9/9/24 Philly 2
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,889
    mcgruff10 said:
    Remember to think of me if you release two for Baltimore!
    There's a spreadsheet list to put your ISO. Link in BagCzech signature. 
    mpedone said:
    I've recieved two emails for Toronto (one from TM, one from TicketsToday), one for Nashville (TicketsToday), as well as one for Baltimore. Toronto and Nashville I got 10C tickets for, and didn't buy any through F2F. Baltimore, I have two separate F2F sets. I also bought 2 pairs of tickets to StL through F2F (sold one), but haven't received an e-mail. I'm keeping all of the tickets, at least until the shows are announced, so I'm not worried, it's just weird.
    Definitely weird, especially having to reply to the email to get a refund for F2F tickets. I'd be concerned they'd cancel the wrong order. Seems safer to just put them back on F2F when it reopens. 
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,945
    SHZA said:
    mpedone said:
    I've recieved two emails for Toronto (one from TM, one from TicketsToday), one for Nashville (TicketsToday), as well as one for Baltimore. Toronto and Nashville I got 10C tickets for, and didn't buy any through F2F. Baltimore, I have two separate F2F sets. I also bought 2 pairs of tickets to StL through F2F (sold one), but haven't received an e-mail. I'm keeping all of the tickets, at least until the shows are announced, so I'm not worried, it's just weird.
    Definitely weird, especially having to reply to the email to get a refund for F2F tickets. I'd be concerned they'd cancel the wrong order. Seems safer to just put them back on F2F when it reopens. 
    Yeah, if there are shows I can't go to, I'm definitely going the F2F route. I'm hopeful that the dates work out, though. I should be able to get to Baltimore regardless. The others... I'll find a way to make it work, even if we don't get to spend as long in Toronto or Nashville/St Louis as we'd like.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Kovsar86Kovsar86 Posts: 756
    epbadger said:

Thought and prayers with all of you. 🙏🏻
    Off (s)He Goes
  • auntdonutauntdonut Posts: 113
    edited March 2020
    I want to give a big shout out to @mpedone and @sp1984 for graciously hanging with me until rescheduled dates are announced! Your kindness will be remembered   :)  ! 
    Post edited by auntdonut on
  • epbadgerepbadger Posts: 663
    epbadger said:

Haaaa!! I knew I was doing something wrong😑
    Good luck wishing you the best. Was with a friend last night from New Rochelle it's crazy the national guard is there its eerie, like a ghost town. we were at a restaurant in Yonkers only 2 other people were there and the place is usually full...
    really crazy 
  • LaFleurLaFleur Posts: 810
    Happy to still see new posts in here!

For those with F5 withdrawals, instead of F5'n TM - trying F5'n a live COVID-19 map:
    https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6 

Aside from the obvious aspects of all this to be disappointed about, I was looking forward to being at the tour opener in TO (was at final show of 2016 tour in TO), kinda going in blind with expectations would have been neat. Also kinda liked that I'd have 3 shows before Gigaton came out and perhaps being among first to hear a few tunes. 

Ah well....we'll get there....eventually.

Barrie - '98
    Toronto - '96, '00, '03, '05, '06, '16, '20, '22
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22
    Good morning my friends...I just need to say hi 👋👋👋👋🤪🤪🤪
    Hi!!! morning!!
  • ErpsterErpster Posts: 2
    Anyone else sell tickets on the fan to fan exchange?  Ticketmaster is ruining that experience completely!  Sold two on March 1st and still haven't been paid by ticketmaster.  Apparently, selling tickets for a Canadian show when you live in the u.s.a. is not something ticketmaster ever thought would happen!?  They want my home address so they can send me a check?  O.M.G.
    MF117973 said:
    SHZA said:
    Without this thread it never would have occurred to me to even attempt such an endeavor
    This is why we have to keep it going. Some of the other threads are becoming a bit toxic. We have gone over 300 pages with nothing but respect for each other. 
    The thread has made me a nicer person lol... usually a much bigger wise ass🤣
  • lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,989
    epbadger said:
    MF117973 said:
    SHZA said:
    Without this thread it never would have occurred to me to even attempt such an endeavor
    This is why we have to keep it going. Some of the other threads are becoming a bit toxic. We have gone over 300 pages with nothing but respect for each other. 
    You and me both. My coworkers told me I have been less of an asshole since this all started. 
    Erpster said:
    Anyone else sell tickets on the fan to fan exchange?  Ticketmaster is ruining that experience completely!  Sold two on March 1st and still haven't been paid by ticketmaster.  Apparently, selling tickets for a Canadian show when you live in the u.s.a. is not something ticketmaster ever thought would happen!?  They want my home address so they can send me a check?  O.M.G.
    Yep, no complaints. Direct deposit a week after sale. You'll get your money soon, what's the big deal?

• ErpsterErpster Posts: 2
    The big deal is ticketmaster requires a Canadian bank account to direct deposit proceeds from a Canadian show ticket sale.  I do not have a Canadian bank account because I live in ny.
  • Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,350
    epbadger said:
    MF117973 said:
    SHZA said:
    You and me both. My coworkers told me I have been less of an asshole since this all started. 
    I was the same way.

I think it has snapped back 2X since this all got postponed though, and I am in ULTRA dickface mood.

"What do you want?  Great.  Here.  Leave."

I am not good with dealing with disappointment in life.
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
    P.S. How do you mention someone in a comment so that their username is highlighted (or whatever the technological term is !) ? Do you just put  @________ ?

Yes, this is my Lesson #2 of Using Social Media - Functions for Commenting. Please cut me some slack... I'm old, passed typing in high school with a D, and learned on computers back in the late 1990's!!! I've progressed some, but have a long way to go... I guess this is a different discussion!
    Please forgive me  :|
  • bigdeathbigdeath Posts: 83
    With all the potential tix being returned for refunds, I am excited for the next round of F5'ing when the tour is rescheduled.
    Saltzy23 said:
    epbadger said:
    MF117973 said:
    SHZA said:
    I was the same way.

I think it has snapped back 2X since this all got postponed though, and I am in ULTRA dickface mood.

"What do you want?  Great.  Here.  Leave."

I am not good with dealing with disappointment in life.
    Hahaha, I haven't been to my office since the postponement. I'm sure my office will have similar decorations as yours did HAHA
  • LaFleurLaFleur Posts: 810
    I'm holding all my tickets and not looking for refund, but does anyone actually see the option in their TM account?  I got separate emails from TM and Ticketstoday (Ticketstoday for the 10c seats), Ticketstoday refund by reply to that email. TM indicates to check "My Account" for refund - but I don't have that option, though I don't have any "standard" tickets in my account anymore (sold on F2F). The F2F tix I did buy - I don't see any means of refund....anyone else? I don't know why I care, just curious I guess. 

Also - I still have option to sell. If when F2F is available to buy again, could be large inventory released at once? Has anyone actually listed on F2F yesterday or today?
    Barrie - '98
    Toronto - '96, '00, '03, '05, '06, '16, '20, '22
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22
    auntdonut said:
    P.S. How do you mention someone in a comment so that their username is highlighted (or whatever the technological term is !) ? Do you just put  @________ ?

Yes, this is my Lesson #2 of Using Social Media - Functions for Commenting. Please cut me some slack... I'm old, passed typing in high school with a D, and learned on computers back in the late 1990's!!! I've progressed some, but have a long way to go... I guess this is a different discussion!
    Please forgive me  :|
    You got it. Just throw the @ in front of user name and done.
    Thanks @Imckenney24! I believe you answered my question from Lesson #1 also! You're so cool !!!
    edited March 2020
    Erpster said:
    The big deal is ticketmaster requires a Canadian bank account to direct deposit proceeds from a Canadian show ticket sale.  I do not have a Canadian bank account because I live in ny.
    But you're getting a check for the full amount of the sale. Again, why is this a problem? 
    Post edited by SHZA on