Eddie in Miami last night NetJets

Comments

• EddieredderEddieredder Posts: 740
    edited February 2020
    mcnutt said:
    It’s hypocritical. Corporate EV is no bueno but it is what it is.  Times have changed, attitudes have changed, and the band has changed.  No longer are they a youthful display of truth and rebellion.  They now are a boomer version of a corporate band with a singer that plays private corporate gigs for NetJets, Salesforce, and a super bowl commercial for Verizon...seriously?!  not to mention the celebrity functions and elitist display they show.  To each their own but they should own up to it.  It just seems hypocritical to me. Still a fan, but my views of the band are different. And more specifically EV.  The Ticketmaster partnership is awful as well.  Bands get old and change and we are now seeing this approach. 

Most of us "sold out" years ago in one way or another. And also everyone is a hypocrite to a certain point. If NetJets wanted to fly me to the Super Bowl i certainly wouldn't turn it down. Would you? Do you live off the grid with no corporate connections? No....then STFU
    Post edited by Eddieredder on
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,532
    .Abe Froman said:
    JimmyV said:
    RP112579 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Many people are upset by this because many people are looking for a reason to be upset. 
    Bingo.

Is anyone seriously upset about a mega rock star living the rock star life?
    Upset in this context = not missing a chance to finger wag on the internet
    Exactly. People love to point fingers, scream hypocrisy and complain about others from behind a screen. 

I’m not wagging my finger nor upset nor wishing to have any say in what a wealthy man chooses to do, but am on the fence.
  • I haven’t read this shitty thread because I don’t care- a new fucking album is FINALLY coming out on March 27. AND a spin-off from big Lebowski premiers the week before on 3/20.  How fucking awesome is that?!?
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • I think many fans are tired of hearing  rants(especially negative ones) at concerts. It feels like being talked down to. Even if you agree with his positions. We are an aging fan base that is trying to get away from everyday life for a few hours and when he does these rants it takes away from why we are there. We want to have fun. I don't want to look around to see who agrees with him  and who doesn't. He needs to stop blaming one side and realize neither side has it figured out. I guess I won't go on anymore.

• LostpawnLostpawn Posts: 414
    I haven’t read this shitty thread because I don’t care- a new fucking album is FINALLY coming out on March 27. AND a spin-off from big Lebowski premiers the week before on 3/20.  How fucking awesome is that?!?
    That creep can roll, man. 
  • I haven’t read this shitty thread because I don’t care- a new fucking album is FINALLY coming out on March 27. AND a spin-off from big Lebowski premiers the week before on 3/20.  How fucking awesome is that?!?
    Pretty fucking awesome!

• JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269

Reaching climate change, the singer added: "Climate change is real. That is not fake news. And we cannot, cannot be the generation the history of the world will look back on and wonder why they didn't do anything humanly possible to solve the biggest crisis in our time.

"Anything can be obtainable. The Chicago Cubs winning the World Series. This is proof. And I use that analogy because, in regards to climate change, because it can be done, but here's the thing, we don't have 108 years to wait."

I can vouch that not flying a private jet is humanly possible.

• Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,812
    JB16057 said:

Reaching climate change, the singer added: "Climate change is real. That is not fake news. And we cannot, cannot be the generation the history of the world will look back on and wonder why they didn't do anything humanly possible to solve the biggest crisis in our time.

"Anything can be obtainable. The Chicago Cubs winning the World Series. This is proof. And I use that analogy because, in regards to climate change, because it can be done, but here's the thing, we don't have 108 years to wait."

So is driving a car into the house of your favorite lead singer. Look it up. Famous people live in a different world. Even the first amendment treats them differently. 30 years later, it is ok for Ed to be a rock star. He earned it.
  • smile6680 said:
    I think many fans are tired of hearing  rants...
    You could go get a beer/use the toilet if you don't want to hear it.  Or just stay home, buy the boot, and hit forward to the next track.  There's zero chance of these "rants" ever stopping.  They've been going on nearly 30 yrs.
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    ddeschler said:
    smile6680 said:
    I think many fans are tired of hearing  rants...
    You could go get a beer/use the toilet if you don't want to hear it.  Or just stay home, buy the boot, and hit forward to the next track.  There's zero chance of these "rants" ever stopping.  They've been going on nearly 30 yrs.
    Yep. For all the sellout talk it is really segments of the audience that has changed

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    Get_Right said:
    JB16057 said:

So is driving a car into the house of your favorite lead singer. Look it up. Famous people live in a different world. Even the first amendment treats them differently. 30 years later, it is ok for Ed to be a rock star. He earned it.

I beg to differ as do millions of others as we all have to live on the same Earth. People like Eddie are not part of the solution.

I guess it really doesn't surprise me coming from a band that is releasing a 1 sided vinyl record. What a waste.
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    JB16057 said:
    Get_Right said:
    JB16057 said:

I beg to differ as do millions of others as we all have to live on the same Earth. People like Eddie are not part of the solution.

I guess it really doesn't surprise me coming from a band that is releasing a 1 sided vinyl record. What a waste.
    Lol what
    Sorry, 1 sided vinyl record SINGLE.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    Vinyl sucks.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,590
    I haven’t read this shitty thread because I don’t care- a new fucking album is FINALLY coming out on March 27. AND a spin-off from big Lebowski premiers the week before on 3/20.  How fucking awesome is that?!?

Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
    Wait, so people are upset that he took a private flight?

Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  •  AND a spin-off from big Lebowski premiers the week before on 3/20.  How fucking awesome is that?!?
    Fuck Ya! I never knew this...Incredible++

EV flying in a private corporate jet? who the F cares LOL
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,532
    smile6680 said:
    I think many fans are tired of hearing  rants(especially negative ones) at concerts. It feels like being talked down to. Even if you agree with his positions. We are an aging fan base that is trying to get away from everyday life for a few hours and when he does these rants it takes away from why we are there. We want to have fun. I don't want to look around to see who agrees with him  and who doesn't. He needs to stop blaming one side and realize neither side has it figured out. I guess I won't go on anymore.

I agree about the rants but we can’t escape too far from everyday life and his views because those songs have words.
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,738
    Vedd Hedd said:

No. People are upset. That’s it. This is an easy/lazy target. 
  • ssdr18ssdr18 Posts: 121
    It is disappointing, that is all.  It goes against so much of what he says on stage.  
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    edited February 2020
    ssdr18 said:
    It is disappointing, that is all.  It goes against so much of what he says on stage.  
    How do u guys think they go across a bunch of states on a usual tour?  They rarely fly Delta with forty other PJ fans Even if they’re in first class.  They retired the tour bus during VS i think.  

where do u draw the line as a fan?  Jeff was driving a Tundra in PJ20 i believe.  I sure dont fault him for not having some electric pickup lol.  Im not trying to be a jerk in this reply.  They’ve done private jets for years and years.  People didnt realize this?
    Post edited by cp3iverson on
    We are all trapped by what we can use. I dont expect Ed to walk to florida. Yet we still want things that make the world better.  I sometimes have to use plastic bags, but I try not to. 
    Yet I still push for better things. Sounds like this company has a way to reduce emissions? Or fly greener? Im all for that.

Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Vedd Hedd said:

No. People are upset. That’s it. This is an easy/lazy target. 
    Nominated for POTD (post of the day).
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Maybe he hitched a ride with Chris. Then by not taking a separate flight. Saved the world. Then it's on Chelios. Lol. 
  • Maybe he hitched a ride with Chris. Then by not taking a separate flight. Saved the world. Then it's on Chelios. Lol. 
    Fucking Cheli!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,594
    This is the best of this thread. 
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • My view  is. 
    If you  preach. Good 
    We all need to listen and act  on whatever small part we can  as a world.
    If you  preach then do the opposite  then not cool. 
    My opinion is only worth something  to me  i think. 
    But also we are free to discuss as much as we like.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • I feel like, reducing carbon footprint can be increasing awareness and encouraging everyone not to refrain from everything - however cutting back some stuff every now and then

I get the complaints - and Leo DiCaprio has been met with similar critiques.  I guess though, if these celebs take an occasional private jet however reduce carbon footprints in their own lives in different ways and raise awareness so others do too, while I get the complaint, is it really that big of a deal?
  • I feel like, reducing carbon footprint can be increasing awareness and encouraging everyone not to refrain from everything - however cutting back some stuff every now and then

I get the complaints - and Leo DiCaprio has been met with similar critiques.  I guess though, if these celebs take an occasional private jet however reduce carbon footprints in their own lives in different ways and raise awareness so others do too, while I get the complaint, is it really that big of a deal?
    Optics and the matter of hypocrisy is part of the deal.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"