Eddie in Miami last night NetJets

Comments

• Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,812
    smithnic said:
    "Saw a Vedder performance at a NetJet conference, a voice in my  head said, 'Don't look back, you can never look back.'" 
    Thought I knew what love was, what did I know....
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,836

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • ceskaceska Posts: 1,115
    edited February 2020
    Get_Right said:
    smithnic said:
    "Saw a Vedder performance at a NetJet conference, a voice in my  head said, 'Don't look back, you can never look back.'" 
    Thought I knew what love was, what did I know....

I can tell you my love for you will still be strong
    As we Dance with the Clair-voy-ants

• mcnuttmcnutt Posts: 36
    edited February 2020
    It’s hypocritical. Corporate EV is no bueno but it is what it is.  Times have changed, attitudes have changed, and the band has changed.  No longer are they a youthful display of truth and rebellion.  They now are a boomer version of a corporate band with a singer that plays private corporate gigs for NetJets, Salesforce, and a super bowl commercial for Verizon...seriously?!  not to mention the celebrity functions and elitist display they show.  To each their own but they should own up to it.  It just seems hypocritical to me. Still a fan, but my views of the band are different. And more specifically EV.  The Ticketmaster partnership is awful as well.  Bands get old and change and we are now seeing this approach. 

Post edited by mcnutt on
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,738
    Or maybe they were young and naïve and now they know how to play the game better. 
  • You guys ever heard of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend"?

Similarly, have you ever heard "complacency is the enemy of progress"?

Both are going on here. You might prefer your counter-culture in more obvious ways, and when you're younger you think that's the only brand that counts, but that doesn't mean progress isn't being made or anyone is a hypocrite or selling out.
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Posts: 4,164
    PB11041 said:
    God. This place has become a dumpster fire since the announcement of this record and tour.  
    It gets progressively worse every year.
    Same reason I got rid of FB. Now here is going in the same direction. New music can’t come quick enough! 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,532
    mcnutt said:
    It’s hypocritical. Corporate EV is no bueno but it is what it is.  Times have changed, attitudes have changed, and the band has changed.  No longer are they a youthful display of truth and rebellion.  They now are a boomer version of a corporate band with a singer that plays private corporate gigs for NetJets, Salesforce, and a super bowl commercial for Verizon...seriously?!  not to mention the celebrity functions and elitist display they show.  To each their own but they should own up to it.  It just seems hypocritical to me. Still a fan, but my views of the band are different. And more specifically EV.  The Ticketmaster partnership is awful as well.  Bands get old and change and we are now seeing this approach. 

They are also Gen X. At least Mike and Stone are. A splitting generation band.
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    None of us know what the band members do with their "corporate" earnings.  Some of it may go to charity.
    Sure, they may be getting money from different sources these days, but times have changed.
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    edited February 2020
    Why do people care about this?   :lol:

Newsflash: the guys in PJ, Rage, and any other “raised on a major label but edgy band” take part in everyday corporate America a lot more than you think.   Money is why they tour.  Its why they play festivals (which are all on the Pepsi stage or the Honda stage).  Every interview on a press cycle is to sell records and tickets.  They want every seat sold.  Be happy they support their causes.  That keeps them connected, but dont expect them to not take advantage of certain luxuries.  You probably wont run into Ed and Jeff at the La Quinta Inn in Anaheim when they play the Forum.  Stone? Maybe. 
    Post edited by cp3iverson on
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,427
    why does anyone care?  seriously how does this affect your life?  enjoy the music and the shows and leave the people in the band be whatever the hell they want to be.  but hey that's just my take
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,252

Newsflash: the guys in PJ, Rage, and any other “raised on a major label but edgy band” take part in everyday corporate America a lot more than you think.   Money is why they tour.  Its why they play festivals (which are all on the Pepsi stage or the Honda stage).  Be happy they support their causes.  That keeps them connected, but dont expect them to not take advantage of certain luxuries. 
    Thank you. All so true. And the fact is none of us know the behind the scenes of any of this. The Super Bowl commercial or private gigs. I for one don’t need to know or really give a fuck. They are still making music and putting on the best live shows around. 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,398

Newsflash: the guys in PJ, Rage, and any other “raised on a major label but edgy band” take part in everyday corporate America a lot more than you think.   Money is why they tour.  Its why they play festivals (which are all on the Pepsi stage or the Honda stage).  Every interview on a press cycle is to sell records and tickets.  They want every seat sold.  Be happy they support their causes.  That keeps them connected, but dont expect them to not take advantage of certain luxuries.  You probably wont run into Ed and Jeff at the La Quinta Inn in Anaheim when they play the Forum.  Stone? Maybe. 
    Excellent post. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    pjhawks said:
    why does anyone care?  seriously how does this affect your life?  enjoy the music and the shows and leave the people in the band be whatever the hell they want to be.  but hey that's just my take
    +1
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,190
    I guess it depends on which point someone is taking up. I am all for the band taking private jets, playing private gigs, using their music wherever they see fit, etc. The songs and shows are still great and they've earned every bit of it.

Now I don't necessarily agree with all of (what I assume are) their views on climate change. No big deal. They've earned their megaphone. But if you're trying to get me to come around on the urgency all while doing a gig for a private air travel company? Coooooome ooooonnnnnn.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,154
    edited February 2020
    Yes, why should people care about anything.

The "Just shut up Eddie, and play!" crowd of yesterday is being replaced by the "Just shut up, and let Eddie play!" crowd of today.

Maliby Stacy is getting yet another hat.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Maybe don't post with a fever, ok?
    It's all or none.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    Many people are upset by this because many people are looking for a reason to be upset. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Reports coming out now Eddie had an unauthorized service animal on the flight. 
    Reports coming out now Eddie had an unauthorized service animal on the flight. 
    I also read he used a plastic straw to mix his Tito s and club. 
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,190
    Eh...if the message is that no one ever took them seriously on any of this stuff then I'll wear being the rube who thought it was earnest.
  • RP112579RP112579 Posts: 3,381
    JimmyV said:
    Many people are upset by this because many people are looking for a reason to be upset. 
    Bingo.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
    8/29/23 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/31/23 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    RP112579 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Bingo.

Is anyone seriously upset about a mega rock star living the rock star life?
    RP112579 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Bingo.

Upset in this context = not missing a chance to finger wag on the internet

• eboweddieeboweddie Posts: 1,004
    Pray for mojo!!!

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,252
    JimmyV said:
    RP112579 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Bingo.

Upset in this context = not missing a chance to finger wag on the internet
    Exactly. People love to point fingers, scream hypocrisy and complain about others from behind a screen. 
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,427
    edited February 2020
    Yes, why should people care about anything.

The "Just shut up Eddie, and play!" crowd of yesterday is being replaced by the "Just shut up, and let Eddie play!" crowd of today.

Maliby Stacy is getting yet another hat.
    Malibu Stacy is now an internet influencer and is getting paid to wear that hat today. 

Post edited by pjhawks on
  • PB11041PB11041 Posts: 2,805
    He should fly around on a magic sleigh powered by the spirit of Greta dust, handing out 45's and GA's to the gutted legal eagles.  Haltz Maul.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

Don't underestimate how exciting "liberal hypocrisy" is to some conservatives. Especially on the internet.