Eddie in Miami last night NetJets

Comments

• Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,590
    Has anyone mentioned that NetJet is the first carbon neutral private jet company? 

https://www.autoblog.com/2007/09/16/netjets-to-become-the-first-carbon-neutral-jet-company-in-the-wo/

Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Has anyone mentioned that NetJet is the first carbon neutral private jet company? 

https://www.autoblog.com/2007/09/16/netjets-to-become-the-first-carbon-neutral-jet-company-in-the-wo/
    Theres no time for reading or facts in this group
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    Has anyone mentioned that NetJet is the first carbon neutral private jet company? 

Theres no time for reading or facts in this group
    If u didn't notice, this thread has no room for humor either...
  • This may sound like a defense, but we don’t know all the details. If PJ buys carbon offsets for tour, it’s possible Ed does for his NetJets sub (assuming he’s has one - no way the dude can fly commercial). 

I also imagine he parlays these corporate gigs into relationships that he may call upon later, like for EB, or whatever charity VItalogy foundation is involved with. 

On its face, this seems out of touch, in reality it’s how the game is played. 

Someone took a photo of him flying commercial to Florida for the 2016 tour.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Great, now slap 4 of these songs on a fucking 45 and ship them out as the holiday singles. Problem solved.
    The singles were in production in September. Someone said about it typically takes about six months from production to release.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • pjrusspjruss Posts: 494
    I’m pissed at this too....pissed bc I live in Miami and didn’t know about it 🤬🤬🤬
  • pjruss said:
    I’m pissed at this too....pissed bc I live in Miami and didn’t know about it 🤬🤬🤬
    You live in Miami...nobody feels sorry for you. :smirk:
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • pjl44 said:

Counterpoint? You quoted a story from 11 years ago LOL. Fail
    "Populated with every reject and cutthroat from Bombay to Calcutta. It's worse than Detroit."
  • DE4173DE4173 Posts: 586
    On the setlist but not played:

Given To Fly
    Do the Elevation
    Off He Goes
    Thin Air
    Last Exit Row
    Hold On for take-off
    Evacuation
    Pilot
    Parachutes
    WMA (Mandritsara Airport in Madagascar)
    Push Me, Pull Me from the gate
    Gonna See My Friend
    Thumbing My Way Thanks to Delta
    Wanna Getaway?
    Buckle Up
    Sweet Lufthansa
    1993: 11/22 Little Rock
    1996; 9/28 New York
    1997: 11/14 Oakland, 11/15 Oakland
    1998: 7/5 Dallas, 7/7 Albuquerque, 7/8 Phoenix, 7/10 San Diego, 7/11 Las Vegas
    2000: 10/17 Dallas
    2003: 4/3 OKC
    2012: 11/17 Tulsa(EV), 11/18 Tulsa(EV)
    2013: 11/16 OKC
    2014: 10/8 Tulsa
    2022: 9/20 OKC
    2023: 9/13 Ft Worth, 9/15 Ft Worth
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,190
    edited February 2020
    pulling69 said:
    pjl44 said:

Counterpoint? You quoted a story from 11 years ago LOL. Fail
    The story emptycup posted was from 13 years ago. At least my link is the one you chose to look at!

To your point, though, I also thought it was weird that I couldn't find many recent updates on their program besides the initial announcement in 2007.
    Post edited by pjl44 on
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,738
    edited February 2020
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,738
    edited February 2020
    Great, now slap 4 of these songs on a fucking 45 and ship them out as the holiday singles. Problem solved.
    The singles were in production in September. Someone said about it typically takes about six months from production to release.
    There’s a whole terrible thread about this, but they were vague about what “production” means. They were probably only at the stage of track selection, given how much time has passed. That being said, vinyl production typically takes less time for larger artists and is now around 4 months at the most. 
    Post edited by Tim Simmons on
  • PeterEDPeterED Posts: 365
    DE4173 said:
    On the setlist but not played:

Given To Fly
    Do the Elevation
    Off He Goes
    Thin Air
    Last Exit Row
    Hold On for take-off
    Evacuation
    Pilot
    Parachutes
    WMA (Mandritsara Airport in Madagascar)
    Push Me, Pull Me from the gate
    Gonna See My Friend
    Thumbing My Way Thanks to Delta
    Wanna Getaway?
    Buckle Up
    Sweet Lufthansa
    Love it!! Thanks for the levity.
    Barrie, Ontario (August 05, 1992); Toronto, Ontario (August 18, 1993); Toronto, Ontario (October 05, 2000); Buffalo, New York (May 02, 2003); Toronto, Ontario (May 09, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (May 10, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (August 21, 2009); Buffalo, New York (May 10, 2010); Toronto, Ontario (September 11, 2011); Toronto, Ontario (September 12, 2011); Toronto 1 (May 10, 2016); Toronto 2 (May 12, 2016); Ottawa (September 3, 2022); Hamilton (September 6, 2022); Toronto (September 8, 2022)
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,532
    PJNB said:
    tusevun said:
    Nothing says "reduce your carbon footprint" like flying private to an event celebrating private flying. 

Play some remote, spicy cities that not many fans live near, and have a big part of the crowd travel to you! Those airlines are flying anyway.
    I think you have a different idea of what remote means than I do. Krakow, Budapest, and Zurich are far from remote. 

Technically you are correct but I am using spicy as a metaphor 

Of the roughly 30 shows announced, about twenty shows are in cities with population under 1 million.

Every city deserves a show but by frontloading the first 30 Giga shows in smaller population centers they are encouraging alot of travel. Play the big areas first then hit the spicy smaller regions. Especially after nearly 2 years of no touring. And 4 years of almost no touring on the continent of their highest popularity. 

Much worse carbon footprint that one man hopping  on a private jet?
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    PJNB said:
    tusevun said:
    Nothing says "reduce your carbon footprint" like flying private to an event celebrating private flying. 

Play some remote, spicy cities that not many fans live near, and have a big part of the crowd travel to you! Those airlines are flying anyway.
    I think you have a different idea of what remote means than I do. Krakow, Budapest, and Zurich are far from remote. 

Of the roughly 30 shows announced, about twenty shows are in cities with population under 1 million.

Every city deserves a show but by frontloading the first 30 Giga shows in smaller population centers they are encouraging alot of travel. Play the big areas first then hit the spicy smaller regions. Especially after nearly 2 years of no touring. And 4 years of almost no touring on the continent of their highest popularity. 

That is one longwinded way of saying NY deserves more shows because you live there. 
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,812
    The band and Ed opened up to corporate cash years ago.  When did they headline Oracle World?  Awhile ago. Thank Napster.  Super bowl weekend is a huge cash grab for performers.  He probably got $500k for that set.  Good for him, he deserves it.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    tusevun said:

That is one longwinded way of saying NY deserves more shows because you live there. 
    :lol:

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,532
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    tusevun said:

Facts be damned. Let's make it personal.

I might be dumping 2 halfway decent potentially non obstructed Baltimore seats on the exchange so how much exactly do I care? 

And Balt is one of those cities under 1 million.
  • MR242791MR242791 Brooklyn NY Posts: 669
    Please stop.  You're talking about an individual who appears to bare the weight of the world on his shoulders. And it is a fact that the band has given back to humanity way more than the rest of us and to be blount those negative remarks sound like you're jealous.  I'm all about monitoring carbon footprints but you've got to know the band listens to us, the one ticket purchase change is a perfect example.  How disappointing it must be that there's so much negativity in the forum.
    Just please stop.

I would use the seat from my extra ticket from ten Club to hold my beer and Poster tube :s
    38 concerts and counting
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine"
  • What have I done to make a difference and how does that compare to the person I’m about to complain about?  
    This is what I would ask myself before posting negative comments that are basically just thrown out there to make you feel better about yourself or to make yourself appear to be more than you really are to people in a forum. 
    Most people can see through the fake bullshit,  so give it a rest. 
    Make a difference yourself and don’t worry about others actions.

So I will see y’all in St. Louis!  I’m flying there and can’t fucking wait. If I could afford it, I’d fly a private jet and circle the arch a few times for a good look at it. 
    It would be nice then for the people who go to ROCK concerts for a release from all the ugly politics going on in the world and not have to listen to a out of touch rock start barf out all the political non sense he often does.  He will definitely  hear it from me from my GA spot in St. Lousy if he attempts to mention climate change.
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    tusevun said:

Facts be damned. Let's make it personal.

I might be dumping 2 halfway decent potentially non obstructed Baltimore seats on the exchange so how much exactly do I care? 

And Balt is one of those cities under 1 million.
    Baltimore is on a Saturday night, right?

I saw pics of that arena....holy shit, that is going to be a hell of a show.  Not sure how you could dump tickets to that, unless you simply couldnt go. 
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • What have I done to make a difference and how does that compare to the person I’m about to complain about?  
    This is what I would ask myself before posting negative comments that are basically just thrown out there to make you feel better about yourself or to make yourself appear to be more than you really are to people in a forum. 

So I will see y’all in St. Louis!  I’m flying there and can’t fucking wait. If I could afford it, I’d fly a private jet and circle the arch a few times for a good look at it. 
    It would be nice then for the people who go to ROCK concerts for a release from all the ugly politics going on in the world and not have to listen to a out of touch rock start barf out all the political non sense he often does.  He will definitely  hear it from me from my GA spot in St. Lousy if he attempts to mention climate change.
    that'll show him...
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,190
    What have I done to make a difference and how does that compare to the person I’m about to complain about?  

Why not be courteous to the people around you and just use that time to grab a drink or bathroom break?
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,252
    What have I done to make a difference and how does that compare to the person I’m about to complain about?  

Oh great. Hopefully you get his attention and make the show all about “you” for a moment. Yay!
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    So the rightwingers among us will be taking a break from complaining about politics at the shows so that they can scream their politics back at Ed? 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • lindamarie73 will thwart the attempt.  
    edited February 2020

Why are celebrities/athletes/musicians considered "out of touch"?  I mean....they can be just as knowledgeable or ignorant on topics as "regular" people.   Same goes for politicians.  They can be just as corrupt or honest as the rest of the population. 

Side note: I love when Trump supporters (not aimed at you) talk about how "Hollywood" and "Celebrities" are "out of touch", elitist, etc....

.....do they....realize?....whom... they..... elected?  

here is Trump's Fimography, as per Wikipedia:
    Film
    Ghost's Can't Do It
    Home Alone 2
    The Little Rascals
    Across the Sea of Time
    Eddie
    The Associate
    Celebrity
    Zoolander
    Two Weeks Notice
    Small Potatoes (Documentary)
    Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps
    POM Wonderful Presents: The Greatest Movie Ever Sold (Documentary)

TV
    The Jeffersons
    I'll Take Manhattan
    The Fresh Prince of Bel Air
    The Nanny
    Suddenly Susan
    The Drew Carey Show
    Night Man
    Spin City
    Sex and the City
    The Job
    Saturday Night Live (Multiple episodes)
    Days of our Lives
    58th Primetime Emmy Awards
    WWE Raw (Trump is in the WWE Hall of Fame, by the way)
    Wrestlemania 23
    Comedy Central Roast
    Top Gear USA
    The Men Who Built America

He has also appeared in 
    Playboy Centerfold
    Playboy Video Centerfold: Playmate 2000 Bernaola Twins
    Untitled Playboy Video

Trump has also appeared in MUSIC Videos for:
    Bobby Brown
    Precious Metal (did not end up in the final version because he wanted $250,000)
    He has also advertised for 
    Pizza Hut
    McDonalds
    Pepsi
    Macys
    Oreo
    Serta 
    Verizon
    Visa

And I have not even mentioned The Apprentice OR The Celebrity Apprentice yet.  

Post edited by Vedd Hedd on
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission

An out of touch rock star that you presumably spent money to go see perform? Seems odd considering he is so often vomiting out political nonsense.

Does the band performing DotC constitute mentioning climate change in your world? Promoting their album? Even saying Gigaton? Oh my! They are really going to be in for an earful from good ol Linda!

Thanks! I was bummed about not getting GA for St. Louis. But now I know I'm guaranteed to be at least 10 rows away from this threatened behavior and I feel better about it.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 4,023
    pjruss said:
    I told myself the same thing as I live in Miami as well, but this was a private gig, and I don't think I would have had a shot in hell to attend.