Eddie in Miami last night NetJets

Comments

• JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    What have I done to make a difference and how does that compare to the person I’m about to complain about?  
    This is what I would ask myself before posting negative comments that are basically just thrown out there to make you feel better about yourself or to make yourself appear to be more than you really are to people in a forum. 
    Most people can see through the fake bullshit,  so give it a rest. 
    Make a difference yourself and don’t worry about others actions.

So I will see y’all in St. Louis!  I’m flying there and can’t fucking wait. If I could afford it, I’d fly a private jet and circle the arch a few times for a good look at it. 
    It would be nice then for the people who go to ROCK concerts for a release from all the ugly politics going on in the world and not have to listen to a out of touch rock start barf out all the political non sense he often does.  He will definitely  hear it from me from my GA spot in St. Lousy if he attempts to mention climate change.
    Is "St. Lousy" something from a Trump tweet? Sounds like it. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,590
    "I cant wait to go to a concert to listen to a man whom is passionate about climate change so I can tell him to shut up and sing....about climate change"

Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,532
    Vedd Hedd said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    tusevun said:
    Nothing says "reduce your carbon footprint" like flying private to an event celebrating private flying. 

Play some remote, spicy cities that not many fans live near, and have a big part of the crowd travel to you! Those airlines are flying anyway.
    I think you have a different idea of what remote means than I do. Krakow, Budapest, and Zurich are far from remote. 

Technically you are correct but I am using spicy as a metaphor 

Of the roughly 30 shows announced, about twenty shows are in cities with population under 1 million.

Every city deserves a show but by frontloading the first 30 Giga shows in smaller population centers they are encouraging alot of travel. Play the big areas first then hit the spicy smaller regions. Especially after nearly 2 years of no touring. And 4 years of almost no touring on the continent of their highest popularity. 

Much worse carbon footprint that one man hopping  on a private jet?
    That is one longwinded way of saying NY deserves more shows because you live there. 

Facts be damned. Let's make it personal.

I might be dumping 2 halfway decent potentially non obstructed Baltimore seats on the exchange so how much exactly do I care? 

And Balt is one of those cities under 1 million.
    Baltimore is on a Saturday night, right?

I saw pics of that arena....holy shit, that is going to be a hell of a show.  Not sure how you could dump tickets to that, unless you simply couldnt go. 
    Possibly an obstructed view and nine hours of driving round trip. It's likely not obstructed but not sure.
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,590
    Vedd Hedd said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    tusevun said:
    Nothing says "reduce your carbon footprint" like flying private to an event celebrating private flying. 

Play some remote, spicy cities that not many fans live near, and have a big part of the crowd travel to you! Those airlines are flying anyway.
    I think you have a different idea of what remote means than I do. Krakow, Budapest, and Zurich are far from remote. 

Of the roughly 30 shows announced, about twenty shows are in cities with population under 1 million.

Every city deserves a show but by frontloading the first 30 Giga shows in smaller population centers they are encouraging alot of travel. Play the big areas first then hit the spicy smaller regions. Especially after nearly 2 years of no touring. And 4 years of almost no touring on the continent of their highest popularity. 

That is one longwinded way of saying NY deserves more shows because you live there. 

I might be dumping 2 halfway decent potentially non obstructed Baltimore seats on the exchange so how much exactly do I care? 

Baltimore is on a Saturday night, right?

I saw pics of that arena....holy shit, that is going to be a hell of a show.  Not sure how you could dump tickets to that, unless you simply couldnt go. 
    Possibly an obstructed view and nine hours of driving round trip. It's likely not obstructed but not sure.
    The obstructed view wouldnt bother me...but 9 hours is quite a trip, yeah. 
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • pjrusspjruss Posts: 494
    Ray J. T. said:
    pjruss said:
    I’m pissed at this too....pissed bc I live in Miami and didn’t know about it 🤬🤬🤬
    I told myself the same thing as I live in Miami as well, but this was a private gig, and I don't think I would have had a shot in hell to attend. 
    Oh, I’m sure it would’ve been highly unlikely that either of us “regular folks” could’ve gotten in. 
    But I would’ve at least tried to find out if it was possible had I known. As I’m sure you would’ve as well. 
    Oh well. Next time 🥴
  • Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 4,023
    pjruss said:
    Ray J. T. said:
    pjruss said:
    I’m pissed at this too....pissed bc I live in Miami and didn’t know about it 🤬🤬🤬
    I told myself the same thing as I live in Miami as well, but this was a private gig, and I don't think I would have had a shot in hell to attend. 
    Oh, I’m sure it would’ve been highly unlikely that either of us “regular folks” could’ve gotten in. 
    But I would’ve at least tried to find out if it was possible had I known. As I’m sure you would’ve as well. 
    Oh well. Next time 🥴
    I most certainly would have tried. But I like you, didn't find out that this was happening until I saw it posted on social media much later. Oh well. I just keep telling myself that this wasn't meant for us "regular folks" to attend to make myself feel better. It also helps that I am hitting the Nashville and St. Louis shows!
    This topic made it to the legendary AN publication. Congrats all.
  • terrym08terrym08 Posts: 372
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    tusevun said:

i
  • terrym08terrym08 Posts: 372
    would love 2 decent tickets to the Baltimore show.

• pjl44 said:
    What have I done to make a difference and how does that compare to the person I’m about to complain about?  
    This is what I would ask myself before posting negative comments that are basically just thrown out there to make you feel better about yourself or to make yourself appear to be more than you really are to people in a forum. 

So I will see y’all in St. Louis!  I’m flying there and can’t fucking wait. If I could afford it, I’d fly a private jet and circle the arch a few times for a good look at it. 
    It would be nice then for the people who go to ROCK concerts for a release from all the ugly politics going on in the world and not have to listen to a out of touch rock start barf out all the political non sense he often does.  He will definitely  hear it from me from my GA spot in St. Lousy if he attempts to mention climate change.
    Why not be courteous to the people around you and just use that time to grab a drink or bathroom break?
    Ya, that’s probably the mature thing to do.  Probably will depend on how many drinks we all have in us, and Ed for that matter.   He has become one big contradiction over the years thou, yet still rocks a room like none other.  
    edited February 2020
    pjl44 said:

Why not be courteous to the people around you and just use that time to grab a drink or bathroom break?
    Ya, that’s probably the mature thing to do.  Probably will depend on how many drinks we all have in us, and Ed for that matter.   He has become one big contradiction over the years thou, yet still rocks a room like none other.  

Base setlist this tour:

Cant Deny Me
    do the evolution
    Army Reserve
    Jeremy
    Bu$hleaguer
    Glorified G
    Marker In The Sand
    Insignificance
    World Wide Suicide
    WMA
    Even Flow

encore:
    RITFW

•  I heard there's going to be a bonus track on Gigaton called "Perpetual Victim".

• demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,335

pearljamonline "... can't find a better man". Eddie Vedder pay tribute to @KobeBryant in Miami.

#EddieVedder | 2/1/20 Ice Palace Film Studios, Miami, FL

Setlist: Better Man (for #KobeBryant), Keep Me In Your Heart (Warren Zevon), Porch, Far Behind, I Won’t Back Down (Tom Petty), Wishlist, Small Town, Should I Stay Or Should I Go? (The Clash), Isn’t It A Pity (George Harrison), Rise, Hard Sun (Indio)
    📷 @greg.goad | #EddieVedder

• demetrios said:

pearljamonline "... can't find a better man". Eddie Vedder pay tribute to @KobeBryant in Miami.

This is disheartening considering the mans past. Sounds to me like finding a betterman than Kobe Bryant is actually something one could find.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • demetrios said:

This is disheartening considering the mans past. Sounds to me like finding a betterman than Kobe Bryant is actually something one could find.
    Really? Kind of soon, isn't it? And coming from a KISS fan of all people. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,154
    edited February 2020
    demetrios said:

?

What is this new thing with bringing up KISS in every topic.

I wouldn't think "... can't find a better man" would be suited for Gene Simmons either. 
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • PB11041PB11041 Posts: 2,805
    God. This place has become a dumpster fire since the announcement of this record and tour.  
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,213
    pjl44 said:

Will you be wearing any Baffoon gear to the show?

jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • PB11041 said:
    God. This place has become a dumpster fire since the announcement of this record and tour.  
    It gets progressively worse every year.
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,738
    demetrios said:

?

I wouldn't think "... can't find a better man" would be suited for Gene Simmons either. 
    To be fair, you bring up Kiss, Oasis and Neil Young a lot. Like a bonkers amount. 
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,902
    dlymnfld said:
    Boom flies commercial. He was on my flight from Bos to Lax after Fenway show. Though he was in first class and was served food before coach was even seated. He did give me a big Hawaiian hug in his defense. 
    While the band is on tour in North America they’re flying a charter jet. Not sure why people are surprised.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
    edited February 2020
    demetrios said:

?

To be fair, you bring up Kiss, Oasis and Neil Young a lot. Like a bonkers amount. 
    So mix it up. Argue using Oasis a bit more. KISS is very 2019.
  • demetrios said:

?

Okay, so you completely ignored the too soon portion of my message and focused solely on the KISS reference. The reference was in response to you being "disheartened" (gutted?) that Ed dedicated Betterman to Kobe Bryant considering his past. [Clearly you were referring to him cheating on his wife] So you seem to worship KISS more than anyone, and we needn't dig too deep to uncover their womanizing ways. 

You do you bud, but it is generally in poor taste to speak I'll of the recently deceased. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    demetrios said:

?

Okay, so you completely ignored the too soon portion of my message and focused solely on the KISS reference. The reference was in response to you being "disheartened" (gutted?) that Ed dedicated Betterman to Kobe Bryant considering his past. [Clearly you were referring to him cheating on his wife] So you seem to worship KISS more than anyone, and we needn't dig too deep to uncover their womanizing ways. 

You do you bud, but it is generally in poor taste to speak I'll of the recently deceased. 
    With him asking the above poster to "argue" with another method I think it is pretty clear what he is trying to get out of this forum. 
    edited February 2020
    PJNB said:
    demetrios said:

?

With him asking the above poster to "argue" with another method I think it is pretty clear what he is trying to get out of this forum. 
    I believe @Tim Simmons understands the toung-firmly-planted-in-cheekiness on my response to his post. In the discussion me and him was having. About me having an interest to Oasis, KISS and Neil Young.

Also, the "argue" part was about people arguing against me using KISS. Not me finding "arguing" the thing to get out of the forum. This is pretty damn clear in the context.
    edited February 2020
    demetrios said:

?

Here is a link for you. Instead of furthering this discussion. I have no interest in it. I posted my spontaneous reaction, as a fan, to the lyric quoted in a friendly and sound way. Nothing more. Nothing less.

https://www.vice.com/amp/en_ca/article/v74bgd/reporters-and-activists-are-being-harassed-for-saying-kobe-bryant-was-credibly-accused-of-rape?__twitter_impression=true
  • demetrios said:

The thing is, if you think about what the song is about, it fits into your narrative better than your superficial reference to the chorus does.
  • KevinmanKevinman Posts: 1,909
    demetrios said:

The thing is, if you think about what the song is about, it fits into your narrative better than your superficial reference to the chorus does.
    .....if dedicated to his wife?
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,563
    "Saw a Vedder performance at a NetJet conference, a voice in my  head said, 'Don't look back, you can never look back.'" 
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!