Eddie in Miami last night NetJets

Comments

• Do as I say, not as I do. Nothing wrong with that. 
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,735
    Also to be fair, he's been way less self righteous in the past 10-12 years. 
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,154
    edited February 2020
    I think at this point, its a small, but vocal percentage who are bothered by this. Most of us seem to be "It is what it is".

Maybe that is the saddest part of it all.

People also accept the tenclub not showing any pro-active will to communicate or transparency on not delivering goods for 2 years + with "it s what it is" 

How many would be vocal and force Kelly Curtis to come on the board and "explain" actions today? Getting the band to shoot an, albeit quick and hasty video, and say they were sorry for mistakes done? Like we did X years ago? "it is what it is"

"whatever. it's just a rock band. whos doing the posters for the next tour? Let me buy something"
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Theres 9,573 things to be angry about everyday. PJ/EV/10c just don't make the cut for me. 

• Theres 9,573 things to be angry about everyday. PJ/EV/10c just don't make the cut for me. 

Okey. But still the things concerning the tenclub and the band are important enough for you to make sure everyone knows that they are overreacting for reacting and "it is what it is".
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    well, no thats just me passing the time at my desk. 

edited February 2020

Okey, that's swell.

So out of curiosity, discussing with someone kind of on the other side of the fence of things. 

Do you think the fanclub could unify for a cause, "opposing" the tenclub and/or the band if something was perceived as wrong like in my example of the "Sabotage" incident? Or do you think this tired state of "it s what it is", "we should be happy for what we get", and "just leave the fanclub then and I get a better number" has affected the fanbase enough to make the collective reach such a passive stage that it could not happen (anymore)?
  • ddeschler said:
    smile6680 said:
    I think many fans are tired of hearing  rants...
    You could go get a beer/use the toilet if you don't want to hear it.  Or just stay home, buy the boot, and hit forward to the next track.  There's zero chance of these "rants" ever stopping.  They've been going on nearly 30 yrs.

I would go get a beer or whatever but I don't want to miss the music. It's not like he says we won't be playing music for the next five minutes so I can say whatever random thing comes to his mind. The rants don't get upset or anything but I have noticed the crowd around me has become increasingly more irritated/vocal when he does them. It just brings down the energy. 
    edited February 2020
    Never seen anything than people being riled up/entertained.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Will there be "Down with the Ten Club!!!" and "We DEMAND Answers!!!" signs?  All sorts of variations, I imagine?

Gotta say, uniting for this "cause" isn't something I'd be interested in.

Would those undertaking such a cause choose to let their membership lapse in unison?

Could be a nifty little experiment.  I'll be over there, watching.
    edited February 2020
    I don't know what the "sabotage" event is, but yeah. It would have to be pretty egregious though.

I'm never really gonna be pissed off about the singles though. Its disappointing for sure. I'd like them. But its still, what $20-$30 of value? Its not worth the time or effort pursuing it after a certain point. 

Not to rehash another thread, but it can apply here too. I don't think Tim Bierman is sitting around in an office with piles of cash around him from 2 years worth of memberships delighted that he scammed the fanbase. He works for the band, the band hasn't been motivated to do them, he's powerless outside of that. Kelly too. They work for the band, the onus is on them, not the club or management. picking on them does nothing. The band needs to make the decision. 

If people were really upset about all of this, missing singles, private jets, dog collars, you vote with your wallet. You don't buy tickets to shows. You don't buy the new album. you walk away. That sends a message to the band.* And if they still don't care, well, that says more about them than anything. I'm not convinced they are those people, so I'm being patient. There would be a point where I walk away. I've done it with other artists. History tells me they make things right eventually, and I think thats where most fans are. I have no other reason to believe otherwise rn. We're giving them the benefit of the doubt. 

But yeah, there is probably a threshold.

* I’m editing this because I’m not trying to be dismissive. I know people still love the band despite this. But if you feel like you aren’t being heard in regards to your grievances, this is truly the next step. People have made the threads. They have made the calls. They’ve emailed. I’m certain the band, management and club know how dissatisfied many fans are.  If you’re still not happy that there are no singles, or that they keep selling new merch, or that Ed and the band plays corporate events, walking away shows them that fans can have a breaking point. 

I get that fans are fired up with this. Your anger is fair. But, sticking around sends mixed messages. If you aren’t hopeful for the future of PJ and how they deal with fans, show them how their decisions affect you with actions. 
    Post edited by Tim Simmons on
  • Yeah, that's really the only answer. Vote with your wallets. Don't renew your memberships and certainly don't buy tickets.
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,252

Okey, that's swell.

So out of curiosity, discussing with someone kind of on the other side of the fence of things. 

Do you think the fanclub could unify for a cause, "opposing" the tenclub and/or the band if something was perceived as wrong like in my example of the "Sabotage" incident? Or do you think this tired state of "it s what it is", "we should be happy for what we get", and "just leave the fanclub then and I get a better number" has affected the fanbase enough to make the collective reach such a passive stage that it could not happen (anymore)?
    You’re not painting the whole picture here bud. I’ve never said any of those quotes and have said it’s 10c mistake on singles. But they have given an update and I don’t need the same update every month. They are working on them and will deliver. My point being is many of us don’t think some of these things are a big deal at all. I especially don’t give a fuck if EV takes a jet to a gig. WE DONT KNOW THE DETAILS!  And we certainly don’t know how he  lives his life at home. And most definitely none of these things make me want to “unify” and “take a stand” against the band or 10c. In fact it’s kind of embarrassing. 
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,590
    Ed is working with a company that is curbing emissions/carbon crediting.

This is 1995 ed with 2020 ed resources.

Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,252
    Vedd Hedd said:

I agree. 
    edited February 2020

Okey, that's swell.

You’re not painting the whole picture here bud. I’ve never said any of those quotes and have said it’s 10c mistake on singles. But they have given an update and I don’t need the same update every month. They are working on them and will deliver. My point being is many of us don’t think some of these things are a big deal at all. I especially don’t give a fuck if EV takes a jet to a gig. WE DONT KNOW THE DETAILS!  And we certainly don’t know how he  lives his life at home. And most definitely none of these things make me want to “unify” and “take a stand” against the band or 10c. In fact it’s kind of embarrassing. 

Why do you out of nowhere interject yourself into this discussion and starting calling people "bud"?I don't remember either I or Tim mentioning, including or having you in mind in any capacity.

And why are you crashing a discussion, between two other users -- making it about you and start to talk about this jet-thing when the discussion between the two users (not you) was removed from that specific topic?
  • Kurt Brutus BaconKurt Brutus Bacon Posts: 79
    edited February 2

Post edited by Kurt Brutus Bacon on
    Roskilde 2000, Barcelona 2006, Berlin 2006, Copenhagen 2007, Berlin 2009, London 2010, Arras 2010, Berlin x 2 2012, Stockholm 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Seattle 2013, Stockholm 2014, Boston x 2 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Copenhagen 2022, Budapest 2022, Barcelona x 2 2024
    edited February 2020
  • nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,351
    pulling69 said:. 
    PS The band also uses a private jet to get between shows in the US, the crew takes buses. They have been doing that for years.
    id reckon it’s jets with an s. They aren’t all hopping in one plane w their families. 

The rest of the band wasn’t invited to his wedding correct? I doubt they’d get asked to be on his plane. 
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1 '21 Jersey Shore '22 MSG  '24: MSG1, MSG2
    Vedd Hedd said:

What about 2009 Ed working with target, how does that fit the scope? ;)
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1 '21 Jersey Shore '22 MSG  '24: MSG1, MSG2
    I actually do really want to complain about something:

when navigating within the pages of a thread, or pages of threads, if I’m on the bottom of say page 3 for example, and I go to hit 4, and accidentally hit 3 with my chubby finger, it should ignore that “request” since I’m already on that page and not load me up to the current page again. I do it all the time ffs. 
    nycrats said:
    Vedd Hedd said:

You have to distribute your records. 2009 was their first album away from a major label AND away from a major distributor?

Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
    Do as I say, not as I do. Nothing wrong with that. 
    Im curious what he is telling people to do, that he is doing differently, in your opinion.  
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • mcnuttmcnutt Posts: 36
    edited February 2020
    EV is much more mainstream than he has been imo.  And I get it, he's old now, and probably just doesn't care as much.  But at the same time, what made this band and EV so unique and special was their anti - mainstream approach to things.  Forget flying private, that's part of the gig.  But I'm bothered by these corporate private shows that EV seems to play at every opportunity.  The good he does outweighs the negative, but again, the Salesforce corporate gig, the NetJets super bowl show, the super bowl commercial, this ticketmaster ticket joke for this tour, playing for celebrities in a Malibu estate back yard, leaving Dave A. out of the HOF are all things that make me wonder what these guys in the band or really specifically what this main guy, EV, is really all about.   For me, it's realizing this band is old, and with that comes changes that make life easier for the band.  So maybe EV plays these corporate gigs to capitalize on the few remaining years of relevance and making top money he has left, and that's cool, but I just had a different view of what they were about that went beyond being a business.  Naive on my part, and I would probably do the same thing, so I can't blame him.   At the end of the day, I'll go one or two PJ shows this tour instead of the 6 I would normally do, and instead focus on some bands that are a bit more up and coming versus the behemoth that PJ and moreso EV is now.  Just one dudes opinion, but the band minus EV are incredible, I just think EV has other priorities and focuses, and it has brought the band as a whole down over the last 5 years or so.  Just an opinion, and not part of the cult where we can only agree with everything these guys do.
    Post edited by mcnutt on
  • mcnutt said:
    EV is much more mainstream than he has been imo.  And I get it, he's old now, and probably just doesn't care as much.  But at the same time, what made this band and EV so unique and special was their anti - mainstream approach to things.  Forget flying private, that's part of the gig.  But I'm bothered by these corporate private shows that EV seems to play at every opportunity.  The good he does outweighs the negative, but again, the Salesforce corporate gig, the NetJets super bowl show, the super bowl commercial, this ticketmaster ticket joke for this tour, playing for celebrities in a Malibu estate back yard, leaving Dave A. out of the HOF are all things that make me wonder what these guys in the band or really specifically what this main guy, EV, is really all about.   For me, it's realizing this band is old, and with that comes changes that make life easier for the band.  So maybe EV plays these corporate gigs to capitalize on the few remaining years of relevance and making top money he has left, and that's cool, but I just had a different view of what they were about that went beyond being a business.  Naive on my part, and I would probably do the same thing, so I can't blame him.   At the end of the day, I'll go one or two PJ shows this tour instead of the 6 I would normally do, and instead focus on some bands more aligned with where I'm at in life. Younger up and comers versus the behemoth that PJ and moreso EV is now.  Just one dudes opinion, but the band minus EV are incredible, I just think EV has other priorities and focuses, and it has brought the band as a whole down over the last 5 years or so.  Bring the hate

Playing for the 1% is 
    a) part of evolving 
    b) courageous 
    c) it’s not 1995
    d) all of the above

Am I doing this right?
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Posts: 3,462
    mcnutt said:
    EV is much more mainstream than he has been imo.  And I get it, he's old now, and probably just doesn't care as much.  But at the same time, what made this band and EV so unique and special was their anti - mainstream approach to things.  Forget flying private, that's part of the gig.  But I'm bothered by these corporate private shows that EV seems to play at every opportunity.  The good he does outweighs the negative, but again, the Salesforce corporate gig, the NetJets super bowl show, the super bowl commercial, this ticketmaster ticket joke for this tour, playing for celebrities in a Malibu estate back yard, leaving Dave A. out of the HOF are all things that make me wonder what these guys in the band or really specifically what this main guy, EV, is really all about.   For me, it's realizing this band is old, and with that comes changes that make life easier for the band.  So maybe EV plays these corporate gigs to capitalize on the few remaining years of relevance and making top money he has left, and that's cool, but I just had a different view of what they were about that went beyond being a business.  Naive on my part, and I would probably do the same thing, so I can't blame him.   At the end of the day, I'll go one or two PJ shows this tour instead of the 6 I would normally do, and instead focus on some bands more aligned with where I'm at in life. Younger up and comers versus the behemoth that PJ and moreso EV is now.  Just one dudes opinion, but the band minus EV are incredible, I just think EV has other priorities and focuses, and it has brought the band as a whole down over the last 5 years or so.  Bring the hate
    Why invite hate? Because there isn’t enough already in this world? I respectfully disagree with you on most points, that’s it. Enjoy the band and the music. Or don’t.
  • Vedd Hedd said:
    nycrats said:
    Vedd Hedd said:

You have to distribute your records. 2009 was their first album away from a major label AND away from a major distributor?

Nope. They should have sold them themselves out of the trunk of their cars. Sorry, cars are bad. Backpacks. I meant backpacks and bicycles. :)
    mcnutt said:
    EV is much more mainstream than he has been imo.  And I get it, he's old now, and probably just doesn't care as much.  But at the same time, what made this band and EV so unique and special was their anti - mainstream approach to things.  Forget flying private, that's part of the gig.  But I'm bothered by these corporate private shows that EV seems to play at every opportunity.  The good he does outweighs the negative, but again, the Salesforce corporate gig, the NetJets super bowl show, the super bowl commercial, this ticketmaster ticket joke for this tour, playing for celebrities in a Malibu estate back yard, leaving Dave A. out of the HOF are all things that make me wonder what these guys in the band or really specifically what this main guy, EV, is really all about.   For me, it's realizing this band is old, and with that comes changes that make life easier for the band.  So maybe EV plays these corporate gigs to capitalize on the few remaining years of relevance and making top money he has left, and that's cool, but I just had a different view of what they were about that went beyond being a business.  Naive on my part, and I would probably do the same thing, so I can't blame him.   At the end of the day, I'll go one or two PJ shows this tour instead of the 6 I would normally do, and instead focus on some bands that are a bit more up and coming versus the behemoth that PJ and moreso EV is now.  Just one dudes opinion, but the band minus EV are incredible, I just think EV has other priorities and focuses, and it has brought the band as a whole down over the last 5 years or so.  Just an opinion, and not part of the cult where we can only agree with everything these guys do.
    So how do you make change in the world?

Calling rich people names and boycotting things?

Or do you work with them to try to change their opinions?

Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,532
    Vedd Hedd said:
    mcnutt said:

Ed has made it obvious he has limited time to be on the road over the years. That’s his right, but a private show supporting a private jet sends a message to fans desperate (NOT me) to see a show scrolling thru huge prices for a pair because touring opportunities are very limited for over half the country. Maybe. I’m honestly guessing.

But the rumor is he and the band might have something to say publicly this fall about who should be president and perhaps electing someone who would try to help the poor. If those words gain any traction in the mainstream media, my best estimate is the president or his supporters will be very quick to tweet this event and sponsorship in response.
    Vedd Hedd said:
    mcnutt said:

Ed has made it obvious he has limited time to be on the road over the years. That’s his right, but a private show supporting a private jet sends a message to fans desperate (NOT me) to see a show scrolling thru huge prices for a pair because touring opportunities are very limited for over half the country. Maybe. I’m honestly guessing.

But the rumor is he and the band might have something to say publicly this fall about who should be president and perhaps electing someone who would try to help the poor. If those words gain any traction in the mainstream media, my best estimate is the president or his supporters will be very quick to tweet this event and sponsorship in response.
    This event was to make people aware of the things they are doing about climate change, though.   I mean....doesnt EVERYONE need to be responsible?
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission