Seat Confirmations - Week of Jan. 27

Comments

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    bbiggs said:
    RP123663 said:
    bbiggs said:
    RP123663 said:
    Based on the folks that saw their seats and their membership number, I am already satisfied.  I'll either have GA for the 3 shows I'm attending or I will have really solid seats.  Hoping I get GA for 1 show, but I'm good either way.  
    Possibly a typo, but you won't get GA for 3 shows.  1 would be max and that will require a bit of luck on your side.  Good luck.

I should have prefaced it by saying, my wife and I won 3 shows between us.  It is very possible to win GA for multiple shows.  I have won GA for 4 of the last 5 shows I put in for.
    You're telling me that you put in 5 show requests in one ticket lottery and won GA in 4 out of 5?  So, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th priority choices won you GA?  Winning GA in 4 out of 5 separate lotteries is very possible.  Winning 4 out of 5 in the same lottery would make you one extremely lucky person and an extreme outlier in the statistics.

Europe maybe? 
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,949
    PJNB said:
    bbiggs said:
    RP123663 said:
    bbiggs said:
    RP123663 said:
    Based on the folks that saw their seats and their membership number, I am already satisfied.  I'll either have GA for the 3 shows I'm attending or I will have really solid seats.  Hoping I get GA for 1 show, but I'm good either way.  
    Possibly a typo, but you won't get GA for 3 shows.  1 would be max and that will require a bit of luck on your side.  Good luck.

I should have prefaced it by saying, my wife and I won 3 shows between us.  It is very possible to win GA for multiple shows.  I have won GA for 4 of the last 5 shows I put in for.
    You're telling me that you put in 5 show requests in one ticket lottery and won GA in 4 out of 5?  So, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th priority choices won you GA?  Winning GA in 4 out of 5 separate lotteries is very possible.  Winning 4 out of 5 in the same lottery would make you one extremely lucky person and an extreme outlier in the statistics.

Europe maybe? 
    Maybe.  I can't claim to know a thing about the Europe show odds because I haven't looked.  If we're talking N.A. shows, I'd like to know how this would be possible.  I'm not arguing the point, but genuinely interested. 

• i got my email for STL!!!!
    So what are the details or instructions?
  • ClapperClapper Posts: 208
    mace1229 said:

A few years ago booked a room with “free parking” near the airport because we had a 6 AM flight out. When the parking lot was full and the manager told us to park in front of the yellow curb and that they don’t ticket we just drove to the airport and slept in the lobby. Even though we never checked in our got a key they refused to refund us. We booked through Priceline and they refused to g et involved. I was shocked.
    If you call a hotel directly and ask to speak to the Front Desk/Front Office Manager and politely explain the situation (or any even remotely reasonable made up excuse) more often than not they will cancel and refund the reservation for you. The key is being calm and polite. They want to fix it for you if they can.  Bring nonsense to their doorstep though and they will actively try to do nothing for you. The old adage rings true when dealing with hospitality folk; "you catch more flies with honey...".  If you're nice about it, people in the business will usually go out of their way to help. 

That being said, sometimes they are a little handcuffed with reservations made through 3rd party OTA's like expedia, priceline etc.  It may require some back and forth for you between  calling 3rd party customer service and the hotel itself to get it resolved. if you can stay cool, it will likely get fixed. 

Source - 13 years in the hotel business in a major market. 
    1993 - Toronto
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Barrie
    2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Buffalo, Toronto
    2005 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2006 - Toronto I, Toronto II
    2008 - EV solo Toronto I
    2010 - Buffalo, Newark
    2011 - Toronto I, Toronto II, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Chicago, Buffalo, Brooklyn I, Brooklyn II, Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II
    2014 - Detroit
    2016 - Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II, New York I, New York II, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2018 - Boston I, Boston II
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    bbiggs said:
    PJNB said:
    bbiggs said:
    RP123663 said:
    bbiggs said:
    RP123663 said:

Europe maybe? 
    Maybe.  I can't claim to know a thing about the Europe show odds because I haven't looked.  If we're talking N.A. shows, I'd like to know how this would be possible.  I'm not arguing the point, but genuinely interested. 

2016 some shows made it to the second round for GA but none made it to the 3rd round. Now with the new system I doubt we see anything make the second round ever again if they keep this method. If QBC at 77% can't do it not many other markets will. 

Europe was 99% across the board the last couple of tours. If you put in for 8 shows with GA you would win 8 shows GA. 
  • Clapper said:
    mace1229 said:

A few years ago booked a room with “free parking” near the airport because we had a 6 AM flight out. When the parking lot was full and the manager told us to park in front of the yellow curb and that they don’t ticket we just drove to the airport and slept in the lobby. Even though we never checked in our got a key they refused to refund us. We booked through Priceline and they refused to g et involved. I was shocked.
    If you call a hotel directly and ask to speak to the Front Desk/Front Office Manager and politely explain the situation (or any even remotely reasonable made up excuse) more often than not they will cancel and refund the reservation for you. The key is being calm and polite. They want to fix it for you if they can.  Bring nonsense to their doorstep though and they will actively try to do nothing for you. The old adage rings true when dealing with hospitality folk; "you catch more flies with honey...".  If you're nice about it, people in the business will usually go out of their way to help. 

That being said, sometimes they are a little handcuffed with reservations made through 3rd party OTA's like expedia, priceline etc.  It may require some back and forth for you between  calling 3rd party customer service and the hotel itself to get it resolved. if you can stay cool, it will likely get fixed. 

Agree with this. Also, disputing the cc card charge helps. No hotel chain wants disputes on their record and the cc companies dont want to piss either party off. Under $500, cc usually eats it to please everyone. 

• bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,949
    PJNB said:
    bbiggs said:
    PJNB said:
    bbiggs said:
    RP123663 said:
    bbiggs said:
    RP123663 said:

Europe maybe? 

2016 some shows made it to the second round for GA but none made it to the 3rd round. Now with the new system I doubt we see anything make the second round ever again if they keep this method. If QBC at 77% can't do it not many other markets will. 

Europe was 99% across the board the last couple of tours. If you put in for 8 shows with GA you would win 8 shows GA. 

Agreed.  Europe aside, I'm aware that 2nd round GA could potentially be won (albeit with EXTREMELY low odds).  It is the 3rd, 4th and 5th round selections I am not buying into.  Anyway, moving on.  Not going to derail the rest of the fun or try and debate something that is nearly statistically impossible.
  • MickeyMouseMickeyMouse Posts: 1,055
    i got my email for STL!!!!
    Didn’t bother reading the post immediately after this one huh?
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
    Jeeez don’t be so smarmy :tongue:
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,838
    I've booked nonrefundable on Hotels.com before and had to cancel.  I called and they gave me my money back as it was my first time doing this.    When Raleigh was canceled I called the hotel the day of the show and they charged me for that night's room but didn't charge me for the remaining nights.
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,902
    A friend is at the RRHoF and just sent me this - I took it as a good sign:

To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • guitar101guitar101 Posts: 397
    edited January 2020
    This link went to "the page you requested cannot be found" when i tried it earlier in the week, but now seems to go to a blank page with "account manager" in the header:

They used a similar page for the home away shows at this link, but it hasnt been updated:

2005-9-12 London, ON
    2006-5-09 Toronto
    2007-8-03 (ed w/ ben harper) chicago / 2007-8-05 chicago
    2008-8-12 (ed solo) toronto
    2009-10-08 (ed solo) Albany
    2011-9-11 Toronto / 2011-9-12 Toronto
    2013-7-16 London, ON / 2013-7-19 Chicago / 2013-10-12 Buffalo
    2016-5-11 Toronto, On / 2016-5-13 Toronto, On
    Ha!!  Thought it said Skype, since im on that at work.  Thought that was a weird post...
  • LostpawnLostpawn Posts: 414
    100 Pacer said:
    A friend is at the RRHoF and just sent me this - I took it as a good sign:

That is quite literally a good sign!
  • afgpjafgpj Posts: 142
    Clapper said:
    tdawe said:

It's theoretically possible. Not likely maybe, but possible. 
    I think anything is possible.  Some people went 0-5 on lotto, some went 8 for 8.  I think the way they assigned it was theoretically a 2 bucket system as they drew names.   name gets drawn and depending on their choice they either go in the GA bucket, the Reserved.  If the name that is pulled was GA, it goes in the GA bucket.  If the next name is BA and the GA bucket still has space the person goes there, if not they default to the reserved bucket for seniority seat assignment.  This is how I picture it working.  This is opinion only and not based on any knowledge of fact.  It is also definitely not scientific. Carry on with the insanity :)
     Makes sense to me.  That seems to be in line with the Program Terms...
    ACCESS TO GA PIT WILL BE CONFIRMED RANDOMLY. ALL REMAINING RESERVED SEAT REQUESTS WILL BE WILL BE CONFIRMED RANDOMLY, THEN ASSIGNED BASED ON SENIORITY UNTIL SUPPLIES ARE EXHAUSTED....
    https://tenclubprogramterms.shop.ticketstoday.com/
  • Soooooo is it the afternoon yet??
    i am lost, i'm no guide, but i'm by your side
    i am right by your side...
  • yanknuckyanknuck Posts: 57
    edited January 2020
    leebug87 said:
    Soooooo is it the afternoon yet??

Why is something going down? 
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,269
    Clapper said:
    mace1229 said:

We were calm and polite. Partially because I was confident we'd get a refund through Priceline anyway so I wasn't being rude. It was about 10:00 PM and explained we wanted a place to stay a few hours so we can have a short drive to the airport instead of our usual 2-hour drive. And without parking that was pointless and we would rather just drive to the airport.  The front desk guy just said since it was so late he couldn't and didnt have authority to.
    I agree with you get get much farther with customer service being polite, and I've had exceptions made many times. Just got a huge discount at World Market for being polite. Tried to use a 50% coupon for something we bought a while ago with a 30% coupon (it was a $600 item so that 20% difference was still a big discount). She said no, they only do a price match within 14 days and this was outside of that window. I thanked her for her time and left. She followed me to the door and as I walked out she called me back inside and said she will do a manager override.
    But not this hotel.  I believe we called the next morning and spoke to a manager, I think the reason they were giving us this time is that since it was booked through Priceline they didn't have access to the funds to give us a refund. Which may or may not have been true, I don't know. But then Priceline just told us we are SOL when we tried to go through them. 
  • yanknuck said:
    leebug87 said:

cant tell if you are being serious! Ticket details are being released this afternoon!
  • goldenegggoldenegg Posts: 371
    yanknuck said:
    leebug87 said:

I think people are just hungry and looking forward to lunch.  Can't think of anything else going on this afternoon.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,540
    leebug87 said:
    Afternoon where?  East coast? West coast?
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • goldenegg said:
    yanknuck said:
    leebug87 said:

I think people are just hungry and looking forward to lunch.  Can't think of anything else going on this afternoon.
    Mmmm lunch! What's everyone having? Me, beef barley soup.
  • yanknuck said:
    goldenegg said:
    yanknuck said:
    leebug87 said:

Bowl or plate?
  • Sorry I dont have the time or patience to go back...was it confirmed somewhere that it will be this afternoon or is that just gutted bait?
    If nothing is everything, I'll have it all
  • Lol, kinda sloppy on a plate.
  • yanknuck said:
    goldenegg said:
    yanknuck said:
    leebug87 said:

Devil'd eggs.
    "This melody, inside of me, still searches for a solution."
  • CO278952CO278952 Posts: 1,347
    No emails or updates to my TM account as of 11:03AM EST.  Excited to get the update this afternoon and will be checking regularly and following this thread. Anyone else waiting on seat location info for MSG?  
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden 07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa 5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin 9.3.24 MSG 9.4.24 MSG Fenway 9.15.24 Fenway 9.17.24
  • SB117186SB117186 Posts: 346
    yanknuck said:
    goldenegg said:
    yanknuck said:
    leebug87 said:

peanut butter sandwich!
  • afgpjafgpj Posts: 142
    edited January 2020
    CO278952 said:
    No emails or updates to my TM account as of 11:03AM EST.  Excited to get the update this afternoon and will be checking regularly and following this thread. Anyone else waiting on seat location info for MSG?  
    Yes.  Put in for BA, but just happy to be in the building.
  • Sorry I dont have the time or patience to go back...was it confirmed somewhere that it will be this afternoon or is that just gutted bait?

Its posted in the timeline in the TenClub News section: Current Status: If you were confirmed for a show, Ticketstoday will email you instructions on how to view your tickets on the afternoon of Friday, January 31st.