Seat Confirmations - Week of Jan. 27

Comments

• bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,949
    I expect the emails to come the minute they're walking out the door to enjoy the weekend.  4:59 p.m. PDT.  I say it half jokingly, but this happens on a regular basis in my business.  Have bad news to deliver?  Send an e-mail the second you're logging off for the day. 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,398
    @bbiggs I'm so glad you started this thread.  Nice job.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    mcgruff10 said:
    @bbiggs I'm so glad you started this thread.  Nice job.

Haha.  I don't know man.  I couldn't have predicted what it evolved into if I tried.  Between the #gutted movement and refreshers on Econ 101, it has been memorable for sure.
  • RK50065RK50065 Posts: 897
    Legit excited that my wife is working tonight and I can devote my full attention to the melts, conspiracies, and economics lessons on this forum.
    I assumed you and Minnie always worked together.
  • cdwightcdwight Posts: 16
    Looked at clock...its not noon yet! *gutted*
    8-4-92 Lollapalooza Saratoga, NY
    10-15-13 Worcester, MA
    10-25-13 Hartford, CT
    10-19-14 St. Paul, MN
    8-5-16 Boston, MA Fenway Park
    8-7-16 Boston, MA Fenway Park
    9-2-18 Boston, MA Fenway Park
  • Based on the folks that saw their seats and their membership number, I am already satisfied.  I'll either have GA for the 3 shows I'm attending or I will have really solid seats.  Hoping I get GA for 1 show, but I'm good either way.  
  • MickeyMouseMickeyMouse Posts: 1,055
    PJNB said:
    How many refreshes have you done today?
    It said the afternoon so I am guessing we find out around 6pm eastern time since they are Pacific. 
    5.59.59 PST

PJNB said:
    It said the afternoon so I am guessing we find out around 6pm eastern time since they are Pacific. 
    Ticketstoday/Ticketmaster is an east coast company. Perhaps it goes out 12PM EST? Just being optimistic.
    Doesn’t matter. It’s not like they’re manually pressing send on thousands of emails. It’s all automated. Verified Fan notices didn’t go out until 9:30p. 

I am personally rooting for as late as possible just to really get this place going. 
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • PB11041PB11041 Posts: 2,805
    The only I have really found out this week is that people are willing to pay $8,000 for a watch.  Multiple times.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• I'm happy to be in the building, but I have a glimmer of hope for some nice seats in STL because there are more shows than normal to go around and maybe, JUST MAYBE, I have some luck.

Moline, IL 10-17-2014
    Wrigley #1 8-20-2016
    Wrigley #2 8-22-2016
    Wrigley #1 8-18-2018
    Wrigley #2 8-20-2018

• mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,269
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    https://www.ticketnews.com/2020/01/pearl-jam-ticketing-predicament/
    Long, but very interesting if you keep an open mind. 
    Back in my day, scalping was illegal. Now it's pushed out the little guy scalper and made mega scalpers of stubhub, etc.

It should still be illegal.

Sucks that this guy has a business around something like reselling tickets, but I don't feel bad if his business suffers for this.  It should be illegal anyway. 
    Guess you didn't read it all... not condoning scalping myself, but one of his points is... what about the fan who wants to buy tickets even if price is > face? Don't tell me that some of you on here wouldn't pay extra to get in to a show you really want? 
    They can buy tickets for face value like everyone else on the 18th and beyond that missed out. Why should the rich be the closest and feed into the scalping market that takes away from real fans that wanted tix on the initial sales?
    Again... not condoning scamming people... but as article says, some of those who want to pay extra ARE real fans. Sometimes people can't get to regular sale time on computer, but why aren't they real fans? 
    I'm a real Springsteen fan, have seen 100 shows.. but I bought tickets for  Wrigley shows on Ebay... cause I wanted to go. 
    So pay face value on Feb 18th like everyone else.

This is not a hard concept. If people did not pay above face for tickets scalpers that did not intend to go to shows would not buy those tickets therefore leaving more tickets in real fans hands (again rich and poor) during the public sales. 
    It isn’t that simple. High demand shows like NY and Bal didn’t have enough for half of round 1 picks. From the sounds of it the public sale was nearly impossible. I would guess the F2F sale will be even worse, you think tickets are going to readily be available? Nope. For most who didn’t win the 10c lotto and really want to go only have 1 option.
    As long as  there are more fans than tickets, tickets will sell for above face.
    PJNB said:
    5.59.59 PST

PJNB said:
    Ticketstoday/Ticketmaster is an east coast company. Perhaps it goes out 12PM EST? Just being optimistic.
    Doesn’t matter. It’s not like they’re manually pressing send on thousands of emails. It’s all automated. Verified Fan notices didn’t go out until 9:30p. 

I am personally rooting for as late as possible just to really get this place going. 

+1.  Don't fret.  It won't be long.
  • ponner1usponner1us Posts: 738
    Shartgutted already. 
    Journey Begins: 1992-08-15, Montage Mountain Performing Arts Center,
    Scranton, Pennsylvania

Journey Ends:
    RP123663 said:
    Based on the folks that saw their seats and their membership number, I am already satisfied.  I'll either have GA for the 3 shows I'm attending or I will have really solid seats.  Hoping I get GA for 1 show, but I'm good either way.  
    Possibly a typo, but you won't get GA for 3 shows.  1 would be max and that will require a bit of luck on your side.  Good luck.

• tdawetdawe Posts: 2,089
    bbiggs said:
    RP123663 said:
    Based on the folks that saw their seats and their membership number, I am already satisfied.  I'll either have GA for the 3 shows I'm attending or I will have really solid seats.  Hoping I get GA for 1 show, but I'm good either way.  
    Possibly a typo, but you won't get GA for 3 shows.  1 would be max and that will require a bit of luck on your side.  Good luck.

It's theoretically possible. Not likely maybe, but possible. 
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
    tdawe said:
    bbiggs said:
    RP123663 said:

I suppose.  As likely as me being struck by lightning twice in the same day.  I like my odds.
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,539
    PJNB said:
    5.59.59 PST

PJNB said:

I am personally rooting for as late as possible just to really get this pleace going. 

Look Mickey, it's not just us whining fans wanting our tickets. Cue the bratty girl stomping her feet.

Think about it Mickey.  Although BA is a great new feature, it essentially created a full 19 day lottery anxiety period.

Fans that picked BA are still on alert for possibility of winning GA. Or sitting behind the freight elevator next to the kitchen deep frying fish. That's an enormous difference in live music experience. Of course the upper caste members guaranteed prime  seats could give a rat's a$$ about the trials and tribulations of the 10c proletariat 

This fairly big deal economically since the FMV of that GA pair is about 5 grand in NY. Economics comment is free of charge and for discussion purposes only.
    Serious question:

is anyone on this forum thinking about the big game Sunday? Or is it 24/7 PJ tickets and tour?
    I ski every Super Bowl.  It’s quieter than a random Tuesday. Used to do Disneyland or Magic Mountain when I lived in LA for the same reason.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    edited January 2020
    mace1229 said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    https://www.ticketnews.com/2020/01/pearl-jam-ticketing-predicament/
    Long, but very interesting if you keep an open mind. 
    Back in my day, scalping was illegal. Now it's pushed out the little guy scalper and made mega scalpers of stubhub, etc.

It should still be illegal.

Sucks that this guy has a business around something like reselling tickets, but I don't feel bad if his business suffers for this.  It should be illegal anyway. 
    Guess you didn't read it all... not condoning scalping myself, but one of his points is... what about the fan who wants to buy tickets even if price is > face? Don't tell me that some of you on here wouldn't pay extra to get in to a show you really want? 
    They can buy tickets for face value like everyone else on the 18th and beyond that missed out. Why should the rich be the closest and feed into the scalping market that takes away from real fans that wanted tix on the initial sales?
    Again... not condoning scamming people... but as article says, some of those who want to pay extra ARE real fans. Sometimes people can't get to regular sale time on computer, but why aren't they real fans? 
    I'm a real Springsteen fan, have seen 100 shows.. but I bought tickets for  Wrigley shows on Ebay... cause I wanted to go. 
    So pay face value on Feb 18th like everyone else.

This is not a hard concept. If people did not pay above face for tickets scalpers that did not intend to go to shows would not buy those tickets therefore leaving more tickets in real fans hands (again rich and poor) during the public sales. 
    It isn’t that simple. High demand shows like NY and Bal didn’t have enough for half of round 1 picks. From the sounds of it the public sale was nearly impossible. I would guess the F2F sale will be even worse, you think tickets are going to readily be available? Nope. For most who didn’t win the 10c lotto and really want to go only have 1 option.
    As long as  there are more fans than tickets, tickets will sell for above face.
    Not everyone is going to get into those shows. That is not what I am saying at all. I am saying those that are wanting to go have a better shot at face value tickets for a show like Baltimore when 10 Club forces tickets to be non transferable. Less scalpers buying tickets in the VF and public sale means more fans are getting tickets that actually want to go to the show. 

If you get shutout that sucks but just because you have a fatter wallet does not mean that it is ok for someone to go into a sale for the sole purpose of selling that ticket for a profit and take it away from someone that would like a chance at buying it for face. 
  • ClapperClapper Posts: 208
    tdawe said:

I think anything is possible.  Some people went 0-5 on lotto, some went 8 for 8.  I think the way they assigned it was theoretically a 2 bucket system as they drew names.   name gets drawn and depending on their choice they either go in the GA bucket, the Reserved.  If the name that is pulled was GA, it goes in the GA bucket.  If the next name is BA and the GA bucket still has space the person goes there, if not they default to the reserved bucket for seniority seat assignment.  This is how I picture it working.  This is opinion only and not based on any knowledge of fact.  It is also definitely not scientific. Carry on with the insanity :)
    1993 - Toronto
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Barrie
    2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Buffalo, Toronto
    2005 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2006 - Toronto I, Toronto II
    2008 - EV solo Toronto I
    2010 - Buffalo, Newark
    2011 - Toronto I, Toronto II, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Chicago, Buffalo, Brooklyn I, Brooklyn II, Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II
    2014 - Detroit
    2016 - Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II, New York I, New York II, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2018 - Boston I, Boston II
    Saltzy23 said:
    It just woulda, ya know, been nice to know that there would basically be be no way into the Baltimore show if I didn't figure it out during the 10C lotto or TM sales when the info about the show leaked like 10 days before the official announcement.

I am an idiot for booking a non-refundable hotel room(and if I have to eat that, fine, it's on me) , but Amtrak is gonna be a hot mess that weekend with the Yankees and PJ in town and I really thought it was the safest bet to reserve that as early as possible. If I have to cancel that, I'll get a 75% credit for another trip, which kinda sucks.

I'll obviously wait longer to make any reservations in the future if this is going to be the new ticketing system, but this was kind of a shitty way to have to learn that lesson.
    A non-refundable hotel room becomes a fully refundable hotel room with a simple, polite conversation with the hotel mgr. 

But, there’s no lesson to be learned here.  You booked a bunch of stuff without a ticket. Vegas would love to have you. 

A few years ago booked a room with “free parking” near the airport because we had a 6 AM flight out. When the parking lot was full and the manager told us to park in front of the yellow curb and that they don’t ticket we just drove to the airport and slept in the lobby. Even though we never checked in our got a key they refused to refund us. We booked through Priceline and they refused to g et involved. I was shocked.
  • MozzyMozzy Posts: 154
    Mac57 said:
    Good Luck to everyone tomorrow!
    Good Luck Everyone!
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 2,089
    mace1229 said:
    Serious question:

is anyone on this forum thinking about the big game Sunday? Or is it 24/7 PJ tickets and tour?
    I ski every Super Bowl.  It’s quieter than a random Tuesday. Used to do Disneyland or Magic Mountain when I lived in LA for the same reason.
    I'm taking the kids skiing this weekend and am looking forward to the sparse crowds.

I also realized this morning that I've read almost nothing about the game over the last two weeks, and I think I know why...
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
  • bbiggs said:
    RP123663 said:

I should have prefaced it by saying, my wife and I won 3 shows between us.  It is very possible to win GA for multiple shows.  I have won GA for 4 of the last 5 shows I put in for.
  • I can’t wait until the first people get their emails and others will try to correlate the member number, venue, weight, and type of pickle they like to when the emails get sent out and to whom when it’s really just a staggered system by a mailing software to ensure they don’t get blacklisted for spamming.
  • Let the fun begin!!
  • pjman75pjman75 Posts: 849
    i'm just pleased to be nominated
    I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love.

8/17/98 Noblesville, 8/18/00 Noblesville, 6/5/03 San Diego, 6/22/03 Noblesville, 9/11/05 Kitchener, 5/7/10 Noblesville, 9/15/11 Hamilton, 11/21/12 Memphis (Ed w/ Glen), 7/19/13 Wrigley, 10/11/13 Pittsburgh, 10/01/14 Cincinnati, 10/03/14 Saint Louis, 4/16/16 Greenville, 4/26/16 Lexington, 5/1/16 NYC, 5/2/16 NYC, 8/20/16 Wrigley, 8/22/16 Wrigley (For Hank), 8/18/18 Wrigley, 8/20/18 Wrigley (For Hank), 9/18/22 Saint Louis, 9/5/23 Chicago, 9/7/23 Chicago
  • i got my email for STL!!!!
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • syke!!!
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • RK50065RK50065 Posts: 897
    RP123663 said:
    bbiggs said:
    RP123663 said:

I should have prefaced it by saying, my wife and I won 3 shows between us.  It is very possible to win GA for multiple shows.  I have won GA for 4 of the last 5 shows I put in for.
    Not with a single account in the US anymore.
    RP123663 said:
    bbiggs said:
    RP123663 said:

You're telling me that you put in 5 show requests in one ticket lottery and won GA in 4 out of 5?  So, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th priority choices won you GA?  Winning GA in 4 out of 5 separate lotteries is very possible.  Winning 4 out of 5 in the same lottery would make you one extremely lucky person and an extreme outlier in the statistics.