Seat Confirmations - Week of Jan. 27

Comments

• SaravaSarava Posts: 2,019
    So, has anyone actually received their ticket/seat assignment yet?  I received an email from TM on Jan 18 that I'd scored tickets and my card was billed, but that's it.  Nothing in My Tickets on here or in my TM account.  WTF am I missing?
    Emails go out this afternoon. Though ticketmaster's emails are unreliable, so you may want to login to your ticketmaster account to check sometime this afternoon.
  • PB11041PB11041 Posts: 2,805
    Luckytwn1 said:
    PB11041 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    PB11041 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I don't understand why they don't release the ticket info to all since it seems like everything is in place.
    It's absurd.

The F2F marketplaces should all be up as well.

There is literally no reason to keep waiting.  Not so that they know where they are sitting as much as opening up the marketplaces to allow people to start posting and buying if they are looking.

I do not understand why we need to wait until mid-late February to be able to buy any secondary tickets for any shows that are not NYC or CO.
    Im being serious cause i’ve never heard of F2F until this yr. 

is it already in place for other acts or is it a new system they may be designing?
    It's a new thing for me as well.  I'm pretty sure it's a new thing they are trying in general.  

I get the overall idea, even if I may disagree with it in many ways, but at least get the damn execution of it right. 

My personal belief is that if someone gets shut out of a show and is willing to pay market price to get in, they should be allowed to in a free market capitalist society, but I also understand that people are sick of people acquiring tickets SOLELY so that they can flip them and make a bundle of cash.

Having like 3 more weeks before these F2F marketplaces open up sucks one way or the other though.  

Just, why?
    that is not how markets work, the buyer of goods is not the only determining factor in an economic system, the producer is allowed to set prices and adjust or not adjust based on their choice
    I am a watch collector, and this same phenomenon takes place where certain models are so desirable and hard to find that secondary market prices exceed the MSRP.....and in some cases by a LOT.  There are a bunch of examples that go for more USED than they do brand new because you can't even find them new at a dealer.

What happens is that eventually authorized dealers start getting infuriated that they are selling a watch for $8k that is being resold on the secondary market for $10k and begin to leak a few here or there to 3rd parties that sell them at market price and kickback of the % of the profits back to them.  They call it the 'grey market' and it has become so prevalent that it's just considered part of the whole industry at this point.

People that want a certain piece that are sick of being put on a wait list for something they are never gonna actually get their hands on just eventually say 'Fuck it' and pay the extra to just get it already from a grey market dealer.

My point is that imposing harsh regulations on prices and resell-ability on people in a traditionally free market capitalist society is always going to have side effects, and as much as it may prevent people from charging top dollar it is also going to prevent people that are more than willing to pay extra and understand 100% that they are doing so from being able to....and in many ways I am not OK with that.

It's not just as clean and simple as 'Suck it scalpers!'....

You are missing the point, Pearl Jam has the right to decide what their product costs and has a right to decide that no one should determine that cost can arbitrarily inflate because some very small group or even large group are willing to pay 2x or 10x more.  

It is their product, just because you would be willing to pay x more for it doesn't make it the whole market.   Moreover it doesn't change the fact that the producer has the right to determine the scope of the value of their goods and services.  In a free market they can both price out some of the fans and they could also decide to set restrictions in attempt to keep costs more relatively inline with what they believe is reasonable. 

Pearl Jam can charge whatever they like but as I pointed out, charging below market pricing in this case is giving brokers much more incentive to get every ticket they can because of the high margins. Market price is not determined by the producer, it is determined by the market and dictated by supply and demand. As I said in my previous post, Mumford & Sons used Platinum Ticketing with the specific point to have an impact on controlling the secondary market. In this case, Pearl Jam has artificially kept pricing low and given anyone who wants to resell a chance to participate in a lottery that gives them an even chance at tickets. That does not really work and what you've created is a best case scenario for brokers. The margins here for brokers are insane. The way to limit brokers is to make it a risk to grab up tickets, not create a system where every ticket they get is like gold. The system is inefficient and it likely should be altered.
    WRONG.  Pearl Jam is not charging below market pricing.  Random pricing is being labeled and created in two cities because laws do not allow the band to set the parameters around their own product.  They way to limit brokers is exactly as it has been done in every other city not named Denver and New York that have dumbass laws that imbecile politicians were greased for.

Brokers who have bought tickets outside of those two cities are taking an enormous gambit that their will be fans dumb enough to buy "account access" for a single day of show and that it won't backfire.  
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• PB11041PB11041 Posts: 2,805
    PB11041 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    PB11041 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I don't understand why they don't release the ticket info to all since it seems like everything is in place.
    It's absurd.

There is literally no reason to keep waiting.  Not so that they know where they are sitting as much as opening up the marketplaces to allow people to start posting and buying if they are looking.

I do not understand why we need to wait until mid-late February to be able to buy any secondary tickets for any shows that are not NYC or CO.

is it already in place for other acts or is it a new system they may be designing?
    It's a new thing for me as well.  I'm pretty sure it's a new thing they are trying in general.  

I get the overall idea, even if I may disagree with it in many ways, but at least get the damn execution of it right. 

My personal belief is that if someone gets shut out of a show and is willing to pay market price to get in, they should be allowed to in a free market capitalist society, but I also understand that people are sick of people acquiring tickets SOLELY so that they can flip them and make a bundle of cash.

Having like 3 more weeks before these F2F marketplaces open up sucks one way or the other though.  

Just, why?
    that is not how markets work, the buyer of goods is not the only determining factor in an economic system, the producer is allowed to set prices and adjust or not adjust based on their choice
    I am a watch collector, and this same phenomenon takes place where certain models are so desirable and hard to find that secondary market prices exceed the MSRP.....and in some cases by a LOT.  There are a bunch of examples that go for more USED than they do brand new because you can't even find them new at a dealer.

What happens is that eventually authorized dealers start getting infuriated that they are selling a watch for $8k that is being resold on the secondary market for $10k and begin to leak a few here or there to 3rd parties that sell them at market price and kickback of the % of the profits back to them.  They call it the 'grey market' and it has become so prevalent that it's just considered part of the whole industry at this point.

People that want a certain piece that are sick of being put on a wait list for something they are never gonna actually get their hands on just eventually say 'Fuck it' and pay the extra to just get it already from a grey market dealer.

My point is that imposing harsh regulations on prices and resell-ability on people in a traditionally free market capitalist society is always going to have side effects, and as much as it may prevent people from charging top dollar it is also going to prevent people that are more than willing to pay extra and understand 100% that they are doing so from being able to....and in many ways I am not OK with that.

You are missing the point, Pearl Jam has the right to decide what their product costs and has a right to decide that no one should determine that cost can arbitrarily inflate because some very small group or even large group are willing to pay 2x or 10x more.  

It is their product, just because you would be willing to pay x more for it doesn't make it the whole market.   Moreover it doesn't change the fact that the producer has the right to determine the scope of the value of their goods and services.  In a free market they can both price out some of the fans and they could also decide to set restrictions in attempt to keep costs more relatively inline with what they believe is reasonable. 

All they can do is try. The market finds a way to get in the way.

And in this case, the market is putting $15,000 next to their  name for tickets with a cost of $250

The harder they try to restrict, the fewer tickets get out, but the prices rise exponentially on the ones that do.
    Except you are focusing on the one market where they could not apply the restrictions.  New York is transferable. The market has not found a way, hysteria is finding a way.  
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• moleculemolecule Posts: 622
    Today’s the day! I know everyone won’t be happy with their seat locations, but just remember, you are in the building!
    🤙
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    After today all we'll have to look forward to are the shows themselves. I'll miss the madness. (Not really. This has been a batshit crazy few weeks. Wait...the fan to fan thing is still to come. Dammit.)

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,946
    edited January 2020
    JimmyV said:
    After today all we'll have to look forward to are the shows themselves. I'll miss the madness. (Not really. This has been a batshit crazy few weeks. Wait...the fan to fan thing is still to come. Dammit.)

Nah, there's still the F2F exchange for those of us who missed on Baltimore and others, then all the bitching about that, which will lead to more bitching about TicketMaster, StubHub, Pearl Jam, fate, furies, and, if we're really lucky, another handful of long posts about the economics of supply and demand.

(And why yes, I did fail to read the second half of your post until after I posted.)
    Post edited by mpedone on
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Need to start a new thread, this one went off the rails.
    Indy 2000
    St. Louis 2000
    Champaign 2003
    Indy 2003
    St. Louis 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Indy 2010
    Hampton 2016
    Lexington 2016
    EV Bourbon and Beyond 2017
    Chicago N1 2018
    Chicago N2 2018
    Nashville 2022
    St Louis 2022
    Oklahoma City 2022
    Denver 2022
    Chicago N1 2023
    Chicago N2 2023
  • ajaxbroajaxbro Posts: 352
    mpedone said:
    JimmyV said:

Nah, there's still the F2F exchange for those of us who missed on Baltimore and others, then all the bitching about that, which will lead to more bitching about TicketMaster, StubHub, Pearl Jam, fate, furies, and, if we're really lucky, another handful of long posts about the economics of supply and demand.
    Don't forget merch and tent location/time speculation.
  • So, has anyone actually received their ticket/seat assignment yet?  I received an email from TM on Jan 18 that I'd scored tickets and my card was billed, but that's it.  Nothing in My Tickets on here or in my TM account.  WTF am I missing?
    Yes, we all got them already. Can’t you tell?

I figured I could go through 40 pages of comments to find the answer or I could just ask the question, get the answer and live with the smarmy comments.

Thanks!
    Brooklyn, NY (October 19, 2013) | Hartford, CT (October 25, 2013) | Memphis, TN (October 14, 2014) | Boston 1 (August 05, 2016) | Boston 2 (August 07, 2016)

• Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,033
    The timeline says this afternoon, the emails better go out before the evening. If not, I’ve got the attorney general on standby. 
  • CosmoCramerCosmoCramer Posts: 571
    edited January 2020
    Hawk123 said:
    The timeline says this afternoon, the emails better go out before the evening. If not, I’ve got the attorney general on standby. 
    Changed:  Didnt want to go there.
    Post edited by CosmoCramer on
    Indy 2000
    St. Louis 2000
    Champaign 2003
    Indy 2003
    St. Louis 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Indy 2010
    Hampton 2016
    Lexington 2016
    Chicago N1 2018
    Chicago N2 2018
    Nashville 2022
    St Louis 2022
    Oklahoma City 2022
    Denver 2022
    Chicago N1 2023
    Chicago N2 2023
    ajaxbro said:
    mpedone said:
    JimmyV said:

Don't forget merch and tent location/time speculation.

I knew I was forgetting something! I cannot wait until those threads start. Should be ripe for even more in depth economics discussion as we learn how merch sales in relation to the already discussed supply and demand, and also how they factor into what the band charges for shows, how often they make music, and the number of picks Mike throws out into the crowd in OKC.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

Hawk123 said:

ABC - Always be closing (in on someone to sue)

• MickeyMouseMickeyMouse Posts: 1,055
    Legit excited that my wife is working tonight and I can devote my full attention to the melts, conspiracies, and economics lessons on this forum.
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • ajaxbroajaxbro Posts: 352
    Legit excited that my wife is working tonight and I can devote my full attention to the melts, conspiracies, and economics lessons on this forum.
    TGIF is no longer just for Urkel.
  • molecule said:
    Today’s the day! I know everyone won’t be happy with their seat locations, but just remember, you are in the building!

• Ticketmaster and 10c staff leaving for the weekend as they press send on seat location emails.  🤣

• Ticketmaster and 10c staff leaving for the weekend as they press send on seat location emails.  🤣
    This
    Indy 2000
    St. Louis 2000
    Champaign 2003
    Indy 2003
    St. Louis 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Indy 2010
    Hampton 2016
    Lexington 2016
    Chicago N1 2018
    Chicago N2 2018
    Nashville 2022
    St Louis 2022
    Oklahoma City 2022
    Denver 2022
    Chicago N1 2023
    Chicago N2 2023
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,539
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    PB11041 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    It's absurd.

Just, why?

And in this case, the market is putting $15,000 next to their  name for tickets with a cost of $250

The harder they try to restrict, the fewer tickets get out, but the prices rise exponentially on the ones that do.
    Except you are focusing on the one market where they could not apply the restrictions.  New York is transferable. The market has not found a way, hysteria is finding a way.  

There are guaranteed tickets online for all the shows. 
  • release00release00 Posts: 347

Ticketmaster and 10c staff leaving for the weekend as they press send on seat location emails.  🤣
    This
    💯
    "So much it dont show"
  • ajaxbro said:

TGIF is no longer just for Urkel.
    I'm more of a Sabrina fan... epecially Salem!
  • How many refreshes have you done today?
    Indy 2000
    St. Louis 2000
    Champaign 2003
    Indy 2003
    St. Louis 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Indy 2010
    Hampton 2016
    Lexington 2016
    Chicago N1 2018
    Chicago N2 2018
    Nashville 2022
    St Louis 2022
    Oklahoma City 2022
    Denver 2022
    Chicago N1 2023
    Chicago N2 2023
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 2,089
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    PB11041 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    It's absurd.

Just, why?

Yes but the fact that the MSG prices are through the roof belies the point that I think you're trying to make.

Secondary market prices for both MSG (fully transferable) and Baltimore (theoretically non-transferable) are both very high. Which suggests that whatever is driving those high prices is NOT the transferability or lack thereof. 

It appears that the prices are high because a greater number of tickets than usual were directed toward fan club member who are not reselling. I personally think that's awesome, both for the show where I personally benefited from it (MSG) and the show that I am coming to terms with being shut out of (Baltimore). If you don't think it's a good thing that primary market tickets were directed towards fans over scalpers, you're entitled to your opinion. But it's not about the transfer restrictions.
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    How many refreshes have you done today?
    It said the afternoon so I am guessing we find out around 6pm eastern time since they are Pacific. 
  • PJNB said:
    It said the afternoon so I am guessing we find out around 6pm eastern time since they are Pacific. 
    I didnt expect to see them yesterday, but they were there for a couple of hours and then they went away.
    Indy 2000
    St. Louis 2000
    Champaign 2003
    Indy 2003
    St. Louis 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Indy 2010
    Hampton 2016
    Lexington 2016
    Chicago N1 2018
    Chicago N2 2018
    Nashville 2022
    St Louis 2022
    Oklahoma City 2022
    Denver 2022
    Chicago N1 2023
    Chicago N2 2023
  • I think Tickets Today is located in Virgina, no?  EST for the win!?!
    tdawe said:
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    PB11041 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    It's absurd.

Just, why?

Yes but the fact that the MSG prices are through the roof belies the point that I think you're trying to make.

Secondary market prices for both MSG (fully transferable) and Baltimore (theoretically non-transferable) are both very high. Which suggests that whatever is driving those high prices is NOT the transferability or lack thereof. 

It appears that the prices are high because a greater number of tickets than usual were directed toward fan club member who are not reselling. I personally think that's awesome, both for the show where I personally benefited from it (MSG) and the show that I am coming to terms with being shut out of (Baltimore). If you don't think it's a good thing that primary market tickets were directed towards fans over scalpers, you're entitled to your opinion. But it's not about the transfer restrictions.

We dont know how many burner 10c account tickets will hit the market, because..... this very topic. They are not out yet.

And recall the 10c shaded MSG sections on the lottery signup page. Almost every seat in front of the stage is shaded 10c. The only SH front stage tickets are rows 18-22

But even if there are no more resale tickets hitting the market, the insane msg prices are a direct result of limited supply and high demand. Supply is limited for various reasons. Let's assume the brokers figured out the transferability issues. That should make all the economic lovers reading this topic thrilled. 
    PJNB said:
    5.59.59 PST
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 2,089
    I think Tickets Today is located in Virgina, no?  EST for the win!?!
    If I don’t have my tickets by 12:01 EST I’m going to feel...well, I’m not sure if there’s a word for it, but I’ll feel as if someone had removed my stomach and other digestive organs. 
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
  • chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,469
    PJNB said:
    5.59.59 PST

PJNB said:
    Ticketstoday/Ticketmaster is an east coast company. Perhaps it goes out 12PM EST? Just being optimistic.
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2