Seat Confirmations - Week of Jan. 27

Comments

• ajaxbroajaxbro Posts: 352
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Spitballing here...because I wont be selling my tickets on F2F.    But if i DID.....couldnt I find someone on the boards who wanted them....and then work with them to let them know WHEN I was listing them on F2F.    We agree that we are going to do this at "3:35PM".   Then I put up my tickets, and the person sees them immediately and buys them?

I wonder if there is a hold on when they get posted.   
    TM actually recommended this to someone i think. They said do it off hours though... so less people watching
  • mace1229 said:
    DZ153527 said:
    tdawe said:
    mpedone said:
    hihobibo said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I don't understand why they don't release the ticket info to all since it seems like everything is in place.
    It's absurd.

The F2F marketplaces should all be up as well.

There is literally no reason to keep waiting.  Not so that they know where they are sitting as much as opening up the marketplaces to allow people to start posting and buying if they are looking.

I do not understand why we need to wait until mid-late February to be able to buy any secondary tickets for any shows that are not NYC or CO.
    The wait should be there. It seems so many people are ready to SELL on the exchange right now than buy. But why? We were only offered the tickets a couple weeks ago. Don't put in if you aren't going to go. This site now gives everyone an out, so they can get the thrill of winning the lottery, but then change their mind about flying across the country to actually go. The rumors thread was accurate for a few weeks ahead of the announcement, enough time to prepare plans in case you won. 

I think a lot of people are hoping to get tickets to MSG and/or Baltimore (and all the others, obviously) via the F2F exchange. Way more than are eager to sell.
    I've explained this too many times now in another thread but there are no going to be tickets available for MSG on the F2F exchange. Apparently some Redditor was told by TM that they weren't setting it up in the first place, but even if they do there won't be any tickets on it.

For the non-transferable shows, including Baltimore, I have a theory that scalpers bought up tickets like they would for any other show without really understanding how non-resellable they would be. There are some listed on second- or third-tier resale websites proposing sketchy arrangements involving sales of TM account passwords and whatnot, but I doubt they'll find many takers for those and in any event there don't seem to be as many listings as you would expect. My prediction is that there will be some tickets on the exchanges the minute they open up (a combination of scalpers trying to get their money back, the odd fan whose plans changed between the lottery/sale and 2/18, and maybe possibly TM holding back some primary inventory to throw on there just to get the traffic going). Those will sell immediately, then it will be a ghost town until late March when people who can't make the shows start to move their tix. 

If NY is not included on the face value exchange, then Pearl Jam is forcing their fans who want to sell on stub hub to recover cost to charge a 30% premium.  If everyone else gets to recover cost, so should us all.
    You’ve been corrected on this several times. You can sell anyway you like, why do you think you have to use stubhub? Sell it for the cost of face value including fees, idk what you’re talking about with 30% premium.
    Why sell at Face if I can't use them?  Then some scalper can just snag them and make the $$$$$$$$.  I have friggin awesome seats for Denver(if what I saw was correct and no games are played) 2nd row center in BBB right behind pit.  I also have MSG seats.  If I can't make it and there is no F2F in NY or CO, I guess it is open market sale for me or I could sell to someone here and transfer privately once paid through PayPal or something.  I think with no F2F and the transfer laws in these 2 states, my tix are considered mine and will show up in my standard TM account not my PJ/TM account.  Feedback other than "sell them to me..."?
    I won't lie, I'd be tempted if I bought them directly from TM and I see the same tickets selling for 5-10 times what the face is. But if you are talking about 10c tickets, you agreed to only sell at face value and risk losing your membership if you dont. And I feel differently about fan club tickets than I do TM tickets. As someone already said if you dont want them to go to a scalper then sell them on here.
    Read my posts...Never once said I wasn't going.  Never once said I was potentially going solo, If I was, the single transfer is obviously the way to go.  I said if I were selling both, my options are to sell privately to a fan from these boards at face or publicly with profit.  Being a Philly guy now in NY and a PJ fan since day 1, and the big TM boycott that didn't even play the NE except sparingly to avoid TM venues, I get it.  Never said I was going to sell to the highest bidder.  Said why post publically at cost?  I gotta say I have been switching back and forth between the Impeachment hearings and reading these discussions.  Both leave me baffled.   

• GG267924 said:
    Has anyone actually got seat locations yet?
    Yes we seen them and then they went away.
    Indy 2000
    St. Louis 2000
    Champaign 2003
    Indy 2003
    St. Louis 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Indy 2010
    Hampton 2016
    Lexington 2016
    EV Bourbon and Beyond 2017
    Chicago N1 2018
    Chicago N2 2018
    Nashville 2022
    St Louis 2022
    Oklahoma City 2022
    Denver 2022
    Chicago N1 2023
    Chicago N2 2023
  • mattcozmattcoz Posts: 2,202
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Spitballing here...because I wont be selling my tickets on F2F.    But if i DID.....couldnt I find someone on the boards who wanted them....and then work with them to let them know WHEN I was listing them on F2F.    We agree that we are going to do this at "3:35PM".   Then I put up my tickets, and the person sees them immediately and buys them?

Yeah, that's probably the best way to do it.
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,394
    mattcoz said:
    Vedd Hedd said:

Yeah, that's probably the best way to do it.
    Time to make an ISO thread!
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,269
    DZ153527 said:
    mace1229 said:
    DZ153527 said:
    tdawe said:
    mpedone said:
    hihobibo said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I don't understand why they don't release the ticket info to all since it seems like everything is in place.
    It's absurd.

There is literally no reason to keep waiting.  Not so that they know where they are sitting as much as opening up the marketplaces to allow people to start posting and buying if they are looking.

I do not understand why we need to wait until mid-late February to be able to buy any secondary tickets for any shows that are not NYC or CO.
    The wait should be there. It seems so many people are ready to SELL on the exchange right now than buy. But why? We were only offered the tickets a couple weeks ago. Don't put in if you aren't going to go. This site now gives everyone an out, so they can get the thrill of winning the lottery, but then change their mind about flying across the country to actually go. The rumors thread was accurate for a few weeks ahead of the announcement, enough time to prepare plans in case you won. 

I think a lot of people are hoping to get tickets to MSG and/or Baltimore (and all the others, obviously) via the F2F exchange. Way more than are eager to sell.
    I've explained this too many times now in another thread but there are no going to be tickets available for MSG on the F2F exchange. Apparently some Redditor was told by TM that they weren't setting it up in the first place, but even if they do there won't be any tickets on it.

For the non-transferable shows, including Baltimore, I have a theory that scalpers bought up tickets like they would for any other show without really understanding how non-resellable they would be. There are some listed on second- or third-tier resale websites proposing sketchy arrangements involving sales of TM account passwords and whatnot, but I doubt they'll find many takers for those and in any event there don't seem to be as many listings as you would expect. My prediction is that there will be some tickets on the exchanges the minute they open up (a combination of scalpers trying to get their money back, the odd fan whose plans changed between the lottery/sale and 2/18, and maybe possibly TM holding back some primary inventory to throw on there just to get the traffic going). Those will sell immediately, then it will be a ghost town until late March when people who can't make the shows start to move their tix. 

If NY is not included on the face value exchange, then Pearl Jam is forcing their fans who want to sell on stub hub to recover cost to charge a 30% premium.  If everyone else gets to recover cost, so should us all.
    You’ve been corrected on this several times. You can sell anyway you like, why do you think you have to use stubhub? Sell it for the cost of face value including fees, idk what you’re talking about with 30% premium.
    Why sell at Face if I can't use them?  Then some scalper can just snag them and make the $$$$$$$$.  I have friggin awesome seats for Denver(if what I saw was correct and no games are played) 2nd row center in BBB right behind pit.  I also have MSG seats.  If I can't make it and there is no F2F in NY or CO, I guess it is open market sale for me or I could sell to someone here and transfer privately once paid through PayPal or something.  I think with no F2F and the transfer laws in these 2 states, my tix are considered mine and will show up in my standard TM account not my PJ/TM account.  Feedback other than "sell them to me..."?
    I won't lie, I'd be tempted if I bought them directly from TM and I see the same tickets selling for 5-10 times what the face is. But if you are talking about 10c tickets, you agreed to only sell at face value and risk losing your membership if you dont. And I feel differently about fan club tickets than I do TM tickets. As someone already said if you dont want them to go to a scalper then sell them on here.
    Read my posts...Never once said I wasn't going.  Never once said I was potentially going solo, If I was, the single transfer is obviously the way to go.  I said if I were selling both, my options are to sell privately to a fan from these boards at face or publicly with profit.  Being a Philly guy now in NY and a PJ fan since day 1, and the big TM boycott that didn't even play the NE except sparingly to avoid TM venues, I get it.  Never said I was going to sell to the highest bidder.  Said why post publically at cost?  I gotta say I have been switching back and forth between the Impeachment hearings and reading these discussions.  Both leave me baffled.   
    Well with about 100 posts an hour its east to not scroll back pages and see how the conversation started. I apologize that is what I assumed based on the last response and thank you for clarifying.  But if you're really just worried about breaking even you will not have a hard time selling a ticket here, facebook, craigslist, or any other number of places that don't have fees.
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 2,089
    ajaxbro said:
    Vedd Hedd said:

TM actually recommended this to someone i think. They said do it off hours though... so less people watching
    LOL what do they think "off hours" means? The sun never sets on the Pearl Jam Empire.
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
  • mattcozmattcoz Posts: 2,202
    DZ153527 said:
    mace1229 said:
    DZ153527 said:
    tdawe said:
    mpedone said:
    hihobibo said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    It's absurd.

Why? Because that's what you agreed on when you became a member of this club. No selling tickets for profit. PERIOD.

• ClapperClapper Posts: 208
      I gotta say I have been switching back and forth between the Impeachment hearings and reading these discussions.  Both leave me baffled.   
    If people put half the effort into voting that they put into crying on this forum about concert tickets, there wouldn't be a need for those hearings. 
    1993 - Toronto
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Barrie
    2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Buffalo, Toronto
    2005 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2006 - Toronto I, Toronto II
    2008 - EV solo Toronto I
    2010 - Buffalo, Newark
    2011 - Toronto I, Toronto II, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Chicago, Buffalo, Brooklyn I, Brooklyn II, Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II
    2014 - Detroit
    2016 - Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II, New York I, New York II, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2018 - Boston I, Boston II
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    Clapper said:
      I gotta say I have been switching back and forth between the Impeachment hearings and reading these discussions.  Both leave me baffled.   
    If people put half the effort into voting that they put into crying on this forum about concert tickets, there wouldn't be a need for those hearings. 
    Amen.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • MickeyMouseMickeyMouse Posts: 1,055
     This thread was fun until it became exactly what it was mocking 
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    Things come up and plans change. I get that. However...if more people bought only the tickets they intended to personally use and fewer people treated tickets as a commodity to flip, none of this would be as big deal as it it is being made out to be. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,394
    Yeah. I miss the jokes from the first number of pages. #shattered
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • YAKIMATSUYAKIMATSU Santa Fe Posts: 839
    Can Trump take my tickets?

Soldier Field 7-11-95, Alpine Valley 6-26-98, United Center 6-29-98, Riverport Amphitheater (St. Louis)7-2-98, MGM Grand Arena 10-22-00, Sprint Center (Kansas City)5-3-10, Adams Event Center (Missoula)9-30-12, Wrigley Field 7-19-13, Jobing.com Arena (Phoenix)11-19-13, Moda Center (Portland)11-29-13, Spokane Arena 11-30-13, Pepsi Center (Denver)10-22-14, Gila River Arena (Phoenix)5-9-22, Moody Center (Austin)9-18-23, Moody Center 9-19-23, Rogers Arena (Vancouver)5-4-24, Rogers Arena 5-6-24, MGM Grand 5-16-24, MGM Grand 5-18-24, Wrigley Field 8-29-24, Wrigley Field 8-31-24
    We're just in a lull. Once those tickets appear for everyone it will be right back to chaos. 

• mace1229 said:
    DZ153527 said:
    mace1229 said:
    DZ153527 said:
    tdawe said:
    mpedone said:
    hihobibo said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    It's absurd.

Well with about 100 posts an hour its east to not scroll back pages and see how the conversation started. I apologize that is what I assumed based on the last response and thank you for clarifying.  But if you're really just worried about breaking even you will not have a hard time selling a ticket here, facebook, craigslist, or any other number of places that don't have fees.
    Mace1229...Thanks for getting that I plan on private sale here or somehow to a fan not public sale at cost where a scalper could snag and profitize.
    Mattcoz....SMH...guess I know who I wouldn't sell them to.

• Clapper said:
    Well said Clapper!

• sk8drchiksk8drchik Posts: 213
    ajaxbro said:
    Vedd Hedd said:

What do you mean by off hours exactly? I just want to make sure I am understanding it all. Thx

L
  • JimmyV said:
    Things come up and plans change. I get that. However...if more people bought only the tickets they intended to personally use and fewer people treated tickets as a commodity to flip, none of this would be as big deal as it it is being made out to be. 
    Agree completely. And I also believe that 10c will be watching very closely over ticket transfers / exchanges. I wouldn't want to have multiple transfers attached to my 10c account.
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy 2024 Indy, MSG 1&2, Philly 1&2, Baltimore

• JBC7913JBC7913 Posts: 385
    Craigslist ad:
    "Customer service reps needed immediately. You will be in charge of answering emails from overly anxious customers who, many times, do not read what is already written on our website. They will invent many different scenarios/conspiracy theories to obsess about and question why they are being screwed out of what is so deservedly theirs. You have the option to delete any questions using the word "gutted". You will be paid per email response, so you could very well net a million dollars in one month."
    We’ll done. 
  • sk8drchiksk8drchik Posts: 213
    DZ153527 said:
    tdawe said:
    mpedone said:
    hihobibo said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    It's absurd.

Feedback is if you need to sell one find someone on here that you know will be stoked for a ticket(not hard) and sell it to them for face value. I’m not sure what you guys are suggesting? If you’re selling them over face your scalping them yourself.
    Yes, find somebody on here to try to sell to! I am searching for anybody who might be selling their tix to the Oak shows. I didn't win lottery on either days. 
    L
    JimmyV said:
    Agree completely. And I also believe that 10c will be watching very closely over ticket transfers / exchanges. I wouldn't want to have multiple transfers attached to my 10c account.
    I will be pleasantly surprised if that's the case but I really don't think so. I think they've done what they can to get as many tickets as possible in the right hands in the first place, and to make it as difficult as they practically can to transfer them. I'm not expecting them to be surveilling the transfer market.
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,590
    sk8drchik said:
    ajaxbro said:
    Vedd Hedd said:

What do you mean by off hours exactly? I just want to make sure I am understanding it all. Thx

Lets say I wanted to sell my tickets because I cant go.   I could make a post saying For Sale: these 2 tickets. 

And you responded, and we agreed.   I could say, "ok I am going to post them on F2F at 4am.   Then you would be on F2F at 4am and as soon as you see them, you grab them. 

there is no guarantee you would def get them, and I wonder if bots would be able to get them....but if they did, they could still ONLY be sold on F2F anyway, right?

ANyway, off hours means when people are usually sleeping. 
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
    tdawe said:
    JimmyV said:
    I will be pleasantly surprised if that's the case but I really don't think so. I think they've done what they can to get as many tickets as possible in the right hands in the first place, and to make it as difficult as they practically can to transfer them. I'm not expecting them to be surveilling the transfer market.
    They have always kept an eye on that market before. 

• tdawe said:
    JimmyV said:
    They may not be actively auditing every sale in real time, but I am confident that since our TM accounts are tied to our 10c accounts, any transfer will automatically flag the 10c member's account and go in to the account history.
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy 2024 Indy, MSG 1&2, Philly 1&2, Baltimore

Vedd Hedd said:
    sk8drchik said:
    ajaxbro said:
    Vedd Hedd said:

Lets say I wanted to sell my tickets because I cant go.   I could make a post saying For Sale: these 2 tickets. 

And you responded, and we agreed.   I could say, "ok I am going to post them on F2F at 4am.   Then you would be on F2F at 4am and as soon as you see them, you grab them. 

there is no guarantee you would def get them, and I wonder if bots would be able to get them....but if they did, they could still ONLY be sold on F2F anyway, right?

ANyway, off hours means when people are usually sleeping. 
    I think the key question is whether the brokers are getting any traction with their "send me $1,000 and I'll send you a password for a Ticketmaster account" schemes or other workarounds. If they are, then they'll bot the hell out of the exchanges and we'll all be toast even at 4 am. If they are not, then I believe there will be significant inventory being offloaded by brokers into the exchanges.
  • craigraethercraigraether Posts: 1,298
    edited January 2020
    Should we start the speculation of what our seats will be - My Number is high 670xxx, Put in OAK 2 pri 1 and Oak 1 Pri 2... My oakland2 email came 1 min after oakland was opened up and started to be processed, based on that and having put in BA.. here is what i hope
    Oak 1 - Was pri 2 and came Monday after all the issues  - Guess - 110 R, Seats 22.23.
    Oak2 - guess GA - ( Since my pull was so early)

That would be the best outcome i can hope for!
  • ddeschlerddeschler Posts: 655
    Footnote: (Fans, this is advice for you!  Please, PJ, don't interpret this as a song request!)
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • smaksmak Posts: 232
    Vedd Hedd said:

If they post right away, I might do that with a possible extra seat.  It should be a good one...

Maybe post a thread, and tell people when I'm going to post.
  • ajflickerajflicker Posts: 166
    Clapper said:
    MAGA