Seat Confirmations - Week of Jan. 27

Comments

• ClapperClapper Posts: 208
    deadlax97 said:
    So all the unallocated 10C tickets at sold out venues become official platinums on Monday, correct? Should give everyone a second shot at some of the not so difficult venues 
    I'm not certain, but I don't believe this is correct.  I think the tickets deemed Official Platinum are pre-arranged  with the promotor, artists and venue.  That's not to say it can't change. That is just how I believe it works.  In cases of lower demand markets (I'm looking at you Ottawa and Quebec City), I think any 10C tickets that were left over after draws went into the VF and Public Sale pools.  Most "ticket drops" this far out are additional seats that either had issues with processing payment or are seats they weren't planning on using but choose to use now that their final stage set up has been cleared with the venue.  Tickets that get released on the day of show are usually artist/venue/promoter holds that ended up not getting used, that's why they are usually pretty good. 
    1993 - Toronto
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Barrie
    2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Buffalo, Toronto
    2005 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2006 - Toronto I, Toronto II
    2008 - EV solo Toronto I
    2010 - Buffalo, Newark
    2011 - Toronto I, Toronto II, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Chicago, Buffalo, Brooklyn I, Brooklyn II, Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II
    2014 - Detroit
    2016 - Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II, New York I, New York II, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2018 - Boston I, Boston II
  • tdawe said:
    mpedone said:
    hihobibo said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I don't understand why they don't release the ticket info to all since it seems like everything is in place.
    It's absurd.

The F2F marketplaces should all be up as well.

There is literally no reason to keep waiting.  Not so that they know where they are sitting as much as opening up the marketplaces to allow people to start posting and buying if they are looking.

I do not understand why we need to wait until mid-late February to be able to buy any secondary tickets for any shows that are not NYC or CO.
    The wait should be there. It seems so many people are ready to SELL on the exchange right now than buy. But why? We were only offered the tickets a couple weeks ago. Don't put in if you aren't going to go. This site now gives everyone an out, so they can get the thrill of winning the lottery, but then change their mind about flying across the country to actually go. The rumors thread was accurate for a few weeks ahead of the announcement, enough time to prepare plans in case you won. 

I think a lot of people are hoping to get tickets to MSG and/or Baltimore (and all the others, obviously) via the F2F exchange. Way more than are eager to sell.
    I've explained this too many times now in another thread but there are no going to be tickets available for MSG on the F2F exchange. Apparently some Redditor was told by TM that they weren't setting it up in the first place, but even if they do there won't be any tickets on it.

For the non-transferable shows, including Baltimore, I have a theory that scalpers bought up tickets like they would for any other show without really understanding how non-resellable they would be. There are some listed on second- or third-tier resale websites proposing sketchy arrangements involving sales of TM account passwords and whatnot, but I doubt they'll find many takers for those and in any event there don't seem to be as many listings as you would expect. My prediction is that there will be some tickets on the exchanges the minute they open up (a combination of scalpers trying to get their money back, the odd fan whose plans changed between the lottery/sale and 2/18, and maybe possibly TM holding back some primary inventory to throw on there just to get the traffic going). Those will sell immediately, then it will be a ghost town until late March when people who can't make the shows start to move their tix. 

If NY is not included on the face value exchange, then Pearl Jam is forcing their fans who want to sell on stub hub to recover cost to charge a 30% premium.  If everyone else gets to recover cost, so should us all.
    You’ve been corrected on this several times. You can sell anyway you like, why do you think you have to use stubhub? Sell it for the cost of face value including fees, idk what you’re talking about with 30% premium.
  • Luckytwn1Luckytwn1 Posts: 513
    edited January 2020
    mpedone said:
    PB11041 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I don't understand why they don't release the ticket info to all since it seems like everything is in place.
    It's absurd.

There is literally no reason to keep waiting.  Not so that they know where they are sitting as much as opening up the marketplaces to allow people to start posting and buying if they are looking.

I do not understand why we need to wait until mid-late February to be able to buy any secondary tickets for any shows that are not NYC or CO.
    Im being serious cause i’ve never heard of F2F until this yr. 

is it already in place for other acts or is it a new system they may be designing?
    It's a new thing for me as well.  I'm pretty sure it's a new thing they are trying in general.  

I get the overall idea, even if I may disagree with it in many ways, but at least get the damn execution of it right. 

My personal belief is that if someone gets shut out of a show and is willing to pay market price to get in, they should be allowed to in a free market capitalist society, but I also understand that people are sick of people acquiring tickets SOLELY so that they can flip them and make a bundle of cash.

Having like 3 more weeks before these F2F marketplaces open up sucks one way or the other though.  

Just, why?
    that is not how markets work, the buyer of goods is not the only determining factor in an economic system, the producer is allowed to set prices and adjust or not adjust based on their choice

Producer only sets the wholesale markets, not resale. 

In this case the producer is setting an artificially low price, and trying to prohibit the market to correct.

Then the producer is trying to artificially restrict resale supply, something that can not be successfully 100% accomplished.

So the result is that pairs of tickets that do squeeze out into the market, are 15 TIMES more expensive than comparable performer tickets.

Solution: producer sets an absurdly high price, like 15 times what the most expensive MSG ticket is going for now. There's no secondary market if there's no primary market!
    The problem in price setting in this case is what the motive for the pricing is. If profit is the main motive, which is what we are accustomed to in a capitalist society, then every seat would have its own price according to its relative proximity to the stage because at a concert not all seats are equal in value.

This would allow the producer to capture the maximum amount of profit by creating an equilibrium price for each seat/section in the venue. Many producers have gone to this method to help squeeze secondary markets out and capture the profit lost to the secondary market. However, this comes with the social cost of appearing greedy by allowing only those with the financial means to access the market, which, for various reasons, buyers in the market place frown on severely. When it comes to purchasing art, social pressure on the artist is that they should make available the art to everyone equally regardless of true market value. Furthermore, a misconception also exists that those who have invested previous time and money are more deserving of the value than the artist, and should have access below market value. But, from a capitalist perspective, this is incorrect. Previous time and money spent on the product are not investments to be cashed in on later, but rather, sunk costs that have no future value. You got what you paid for when you paid for it, and there is no obligation from the seller to provide anything more in the future. (On a side note: this is the same principle when people expect sex in the future for monies spent on a date in the present, which I am (maybe) coining now as a "sexvestment." But, the same principle applies of a sunk cost vs. an investment - there should be no future expectations of increasing value).

Clearly, the main motive is not profit for this producer as they provide the best seats (and what would be most expensive seats) to their fan club members. So, in a sense, the band is providing value on past investment of time and money. This should create great joy among the group of buyers as they are essentially getting an extremely high value for the tickets, and are being rewarded for previous purchases. The problem is that when some have invested more over time, and are not selected for an item where demand exceeds supply, they have a strong sense that an injustice has taken place. What they fail to realize is that the very market the producer has created is, from a profit perspective, a total injustice to the producer. 

Lastly, once a purchase is able to be made, a buyer can seek to increase that value in a couple of ways. First, you can gain financially by reselling a ticket purchased at well below market value for true market value. Or, if a buyer gets GA tickets, they can seek to increase the experiential value of their ticket by lining up early to turn a potential 25th row seat into a maximum 1st row seat, which will really maximize their overall utility on the ticket purchased with the relatively small investment of time.

In conclusion, your previous expenses are not investments, but rather sunk costs for which you should not hope to gain any future value on. The producers (Pearl Jam), from a strictly profit perspective, have created a market place where they are the biggest losers. Furthermore, they have done their best to keep secondary sales to a minimum so that their lost profits don't get into others' hands, and that those who have invested their time and money over the years have access to the best seats at an extraordinarily low cost. So, even if you didn't get selected in the lottery, you should not only be not gutted, you should be thanking the band (unless you have a lot of money where you could afford to pay true market value) for the opportunity to purchase something at well below market value.

Sorry for the long post; I love economics.
    That's an excellent post but the end result is that you skip over the correct conclusion. Pearl Jam should price tickets at or near market value like other bands are doing. That is the thing that most drastically cuts into a secondary market. All they've done here is create a system where supply is limited and there are artificially low prices, thereby creating a windfall for the people who are selling. This is particularly problematic by allowing anyone to sign up for a fan club membership and then having the fan club sale as being a full on lottery. So what's happening is that brokers will sign up for many accounts and then don't be fooled by any transfer restrictions, brokers have ways around each and every one. That is fact. Ironically, the venue where tickets are always the most expensive (MSG), the tickets there can't be limited from transfer so now you have brokers who can sign up for a lottery, win tickets (especially GA), and make way more money than they ever would if the tickets were priced at or near market value.

They have eliminated risk for brokers. Every ticket a broker gets is worth 20X the price they have to pay for it. That is a very large problem. It is only when brokers face risk that they will be deterred. If you look at how Mumford & Sons used platinum ticketing with the express purpose of limiting the prices tickets would go on the secondary market, it worked very well. I think the 10C does a great job but with the limited number of US shows that have been done in recent years and the fact that the fan club now makes it so easy for brokers to have much higher margins than they would under normal circumstances, the system needs to be reformed IMO.
    Post edited by Luckytwn1 on
  • NDJeff7NDJeff7 Posts: 213
    tdawe said:
    mpedone said:
    hihobibo said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    It's absurd.

The wait should be there. It seems so many people are ready to SELL on the exchange right now than buy. But why? We were only offered the tickets a couple weeks ago. Don't put in if you aren't going to go. This site now gives everyone an out, so they can get the thrill of winning the lottery, but then change their mind about flying across the country to actually go. The rumors thread was accurate for a few weeks ahead of the announcement, enough time to prepare plans in case you won. 

I think a lot of people are hoping to get tickets to MSG and/or Baltimore (and all the others, obviously) via the F2F exchange. Way more than are eager to sell.
    I've explained this too many times now in another thread but there are no going to be tickets available for MSG on the F2F exchange. Apparently some Redditor was told by TM that they weren't setting it up in the first place, but even if they do there won't be any tickets on it.

For the non-transferable shows, including Baltimore, I have a theory that scalpers bought up tickets like they would for any other show without really understanding how non-resellable they would be. There are some listed on second- or third-tier resale websites proposing sketchy arrangements involving sales of TM account passwords and whatnot, but I doubt they'll find many takers for those and in any event there don't seem to be as many listings as you would expect. My prediction is that there will be some tickets on the exchanges the minute they open up (a combination of scalpers trying to get their money back, the odd fan whose plans changed between the lottery/sale and 2/18, and maybe possibly TM holding back some primary inventory to throw on there just to get the traffic going). Those will sell immediately, then it will be a ghost town until late March when people who can't make the shows start to move their tix. 

If NY is not included on the face value exchange, then Pearl Jam is forcing their fans who want to sell on stub hub to recover cost to charge a 30% premium.  If everyone else gets to recover cost, so should us all.
    It's not up to PJ in NY. You've gotta take that argument up with your elected officials who passed the law enabling the free and easy scalping of tickets. 
  • Brisk. said:
    We are being notified our seat by email? 
    Twitter 
    Incorrect. Notifications coming via Tic Tok videos. But you needed an account, like, yesterday. 
  • jimcsotjimcsot Posts: 39
    Brisk. said:

.passenger pigeon.
  • PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,150
    I got mine after closing all three activity rings on my apple watch.  Only took twelve hours, but I figure thats how long you have to camp out for a rail spot so good training. 
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 || Chicago, IL August 29, 2024 
  • Why doesn't 10club understand that as soon as we get seat locations we can all start threads complaining about....

Seat location 
    Seat numbers
    Seniority
    10club allocations
    Ticketmaster.com 
    The TM plot against 10club members
    TM being a criminal enterprise
    Etc etc

This.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,269
    I like to buy MSG tickets and let them stay empty just to piss people off. Can't wait to see what seats I get to leave empty.
  • Has anyone actually got seat locations yet?
  • I'm pulling up my ticketmaster account for Denver show and nothing showing up except for 2 different upcoming shows I've bought tickets for. Any tricks? I also have 2 Oakland shows so I wonder if that has something to do with them not showing up in my account??? Thanks in advance for any tips.
  • mace1229 said:
    I like to buy MSG tickets and let them stay empty just to piss people off. Can't wait to see what seats I get to leave empty.
    If you get two floor tickets, you can tape off a spot next to yourself for more space!
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,838
    I'm pulling up my ticketmaster account for Denver show and nothing showing up except for 2 different upcoming shows I've bought tickets for. Any tricks? I also have 2 Oakland shows so I wonder if that has something to do with them not showing up in my account??? Thanks in advance for any tips.
    The tickets are not supposed to be added to your account until Friday afternoon.  I think TM figured out there was a trick to see Denver and Nashville tickets and stopped those tickets from showing.
  • tdawe said:
    mpedone said:
    hihobibo said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    It's absurd.

You’ve been corrected on this several times. You can sell anyway you like, why do you think you have to use stubhub? Sell it for the cost of face value including fees, idk what you’re talking about with 30% premium.
    Why sell at Face if I can't use them?  Then some scalper can just snag them and make the $$$$$$$$.  I have friggin awesome seats for Denver(if what I saw was correct and no games are played) 2nd row center in BBB right behind pit.  I also have MSG seats.  If I can't make it and there is no F2F in NY or CO, I guess it is open market sale for me or I could sell to someone here and transfer privately once paid through PayPal or something.  I think with no F2F and the transfer laws in these 2 states, my tix are considered mine and will show up in my standard TM account not my PJ/TM account.  Feedback other than "sell them to me..."?

• mace1229 said:
    If you get two floor tickets, you can tape off a spot next to yourself for more space!
    They let you bring in road cones now.  Only 2 per person and they can only be 36” each, but it’s a start!
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • DZ153527 said:
    tdawe said:
    mpedone said:
    hihobibo said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    It's absurd.

Why sell at Face if I can't use them?  Then some scalper can just snag them and make the $$$$$$$$.  I have friggin awesome seats for Denver(if what I saw was correct and no games are played) 2nd row center in BBB right behind pit.  I also have MSG seats.  If I can't make it and there is no F2F in NY or CO, I guess it is open market sale for me or I could sell to someone here and transfer privately once paid through PayPal or something.  I think with no F2F and the transfer laws in these 2 states, my tix are considered mine and will show up in my standard TM account not my PJ/TM account.  Feedback other than "sell them to me..."?
    Feedback is if you need to sell one find someone on here that you know will be stoked for a ticket(not hard) and sell it to them for face value. I’m not sure what you guys are suggesting? If you’re selling them over face your scalping them yourself.
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 2,089
    DZ153527 said:
    tdawe said:
    mpedone said:
    hihobibo said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    It's absurd.

Details are scarce at this point, but I think the conventional wisdom is that the "Fan To Fan Exchanges" are open to everybody. So if there were such exchanges for NY and CO, they would be crawling with bots who would snap up any tickets listed and resell them on StubHub.

If you can't use your tickets, you should find someone on this forum who wants them and arrange a transfer for a face value (+ fees) StubHub payment. 
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
  • mattcozmattcoz Posts: 2,202
    Brisk. said:
    You'll be sent instructions on how to access your tickets, which will likely just be how we're trying to access them now.
  • I'm pulling up my ticketmaster account for Denver show and nothing showing up except for 2 different upcoming shows I've bought tickets for. Any tricks? I also have 2 Oakland shows so I wonder if that has something to do with them not showing up in my account??? Thanks in advance for any tips.
    The tickets are not supposed to be added to your account until Friday afternoon.  I think TM figured out there was a trick to see Denver and Nashville tickets and stopped those tickets from showing.
    Thanks but bummer. I had wondered if they figured it out. Will find out tomorrow!.
  • AxillaAxilla Posts: 11
    edited January 2020
    This is the exact thing PJ is trying to fight. With stubhub now every loser thinks they can be a closet scalper. Help me justify my reasons for scalping my tickets since I suddenly can't make it!
  • DZ153527 said:
    tdawe said:
    mpedone said:
    hihobibo said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    It's absurd.

Feedback is if you need to sell one find someone on here that you know will be stoked for a ticket(not hard) and sell it to them for face value. I’m not sure what you guys are suggesting? If you’re selling them over face your scalping them yourself.
    Totally get that if I only need to sell one seat...never said that was aposibility in my most recent post....the system lets me transfer 1 of 2.  I smart and I reads well...but...my point was, outside of private sale to one of our fellow Club Members at Face private sale and private pay, if I tried to move them on my own through normal means, some scalper would suck them up and profitize.  I never said I wouldn't make sure they get to a club member at face, I simply said by no F2F I have the choice...one of them is not selling publically at face.  Get me know?

• OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,394
    Why doesn't 10club understand that as soon as we get seat locations we can all start threads complaining about....

Seat location 
    Seat numbers
    Seniority
    10club allocations
    Ticketmaster.com 
    The TM plot against 10club members
    TM being a criminal enterprise
    Etc etc

It was fun reading an old thread (from 2006) with people complaining about 10c seat location. This is back when the band played 33 North American shows in a year, it was easier to get tickets, and there were hundreds of thousands fewer fan club members. 
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • mattcozmattcoz Posts: 2,202
    I'm pulling up my ticketmaster account for Denver show and nothing showing up except for 2 different upcoming shows I've bought tickets for. Any tricks? I also have 2 Oakland shows so I wonder if that has something to do with them not showing up in my account??? Thanks in advance for any tips.
    It's only the email that we're supposed to receive on Friday, the tickets should be in your account before then.
    DZ153527 said:
    tdawe said:
    mpedone said:
    hihobibo said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    It's absurd.

I won't lie, I'd be tempted if I bought them directly from TM and I see the same tickets selling for 5-10 times what the face is. But if you are talking about 10c tickets, you agreed to only sell at face value and risk losing your membership if you dont. And I feel differently about fan club tickets than I do TM tickets. As someone already said if you dont want them to go to a scalper then sell them on here.
  • ClapperClapper Posts: 208
    mace1229 said:
    I actually feel this.  I'm surprised that ins't more a sentiment here.  There must be a collection of people that would rather set their tickets/phone on fire than pass along the tickets to the cry baby crowd. 
    1993 - Toronto
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Barrie
    2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Buffalo, Toronto
    2005 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2006 - Toronto I, Toronto II
    2008 - EV solo Toronto I
    2010 - Buffalo, Newark
    2011 - Toronto I, Toronto II, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Chicago, Buffalo, Brooklyn I, Brooklyn II, Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II
    2014 - Detroit
    2016 - Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II, New York I, New York II, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2018 - Boston I, Boston II
  • Vedd Hedd said:

Oh, A Pearl Jam Flame Thrower would be awesome!!! LOL
  • For those like me waiting for email confirmation are you seeing anything in your Ticketmaster account. I have the email confirmation that I got a pair of Denver tickets and my card was charged but logging in to Ticketmaster says “no events pending”. What are others eyeing on their Ticketmaster accounts?
  • ForceofNature101ForceofNature101 Posts: 1,282
    edited January 2020
    For those like me waiting for email confirmation are you seeing anything in your Ticketmaster account. I have the email confirmation that I got a pair of Denver tickets and my card was charged but logging in to Ticketmaster says “no events pending”. What are others eyeing on their Ticketmaster accounts?
    Same here.  Got two emails comfirming the LA shows but currently nothing in my Ticketmaster account - and ofc no seat location emails yet
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,590
    Spitballing here...because I wont be selling my tickets on F2F.    But if i DID.....couldnt I find someone on the boards who wanted them....and then work with them to let them know WHEN I was listing them on F2F.    We agree that we are going to do this at "3:35PM".   Then I put up my tickets, and the person sees them immediately and buys them?

I wonder if there is a hold on when they get posted.   
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
    mace1229 said:
    How many 10C accounts do you think I would need to statisically give me a chance to win every pair of GA seats? Lets say I make 100,000 accounts and put in GA only, do I have a chance of flooding it so much that I win every one and being there by myself? Maybe some place like Phoenix where it isn't as popular?