Seat Confirmations - Week of Jan. 27

Comments

• Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,536
    Saltzy23 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I don't understand why they don't release the ticket info to all since it seems like everything is in place.
    It's absurd.

The F2F marketplaces should all be up as well.

There is literally no reason to keep waiting.  Not so that they know where they are sitting as much as opening up the marketplaces to allow people to start posting and buying if they are looking.

I do not understand why we need to wait until mid-late February to be able to buy any secondary tickets for any shows that are not NYC or CO.

You can buy your Roger Waters MSG tickets right now.

It's in the round so many seats up close. 

But the close ones are $250 plus fees.
  • Saltzy23 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I don't understand why they don't release the ticket info to all since it seems like everything is in place.
    It's absurd.

There is literally no reason to keep waiting.  Not so that they know where they are sitting as much as opening up the marketplaces to allow people to start posting and buying if they are looking.

I do not understand why we need to wait until mid-late February to be able to buy any secondary tickets for any shows that are not NYC or CO.
    Im being serious cause i’ve never heard of F2F until this yr. 

is it already in place for other acts or is it a new system they may be designing?
  • Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,350
    Saltzy23 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    It's absurd.

is it already in place for other acts or is it a new system they may be designing?
    It's a new thing for me as well.  I'm pretty sure it's a new thing they are trying in general.  

I get the overall idea, even if I may disagree with it in many ways, but at least get the damn execution of it right. 

My personal belief is that if someone gets shut out of a show and is willing to pay market price to get in, they should be allowed to in a free market capitalist society, but I also understand that people are sick of people acquiring tickets SOLELY so that they can flip them and make a bundle of cash.

Having like 3 more weeks before these F2F marketplaces open up sucks one way or the other though.  

Just, why?
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Oh shit, they’re supposed to email us? Hoping TM will do what they say and email us without fucking up is like asking trump not to tweet. We’re all fucked.  This won’t go down without an issue. Gutted.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Been gutted since the 27th so I checked through my Avalanche account last night and saw my tickets there. Ungutted!!! Checked again this morning and they were gone. Regutted. 

• lexicondevillexicondevil Posts: 2,003
    Craigslist ad:
    "Customer service reps needed immediately. You will be in charge of answering emails from overly anxious customers who, many times, do not read what is already written on our website. They will invent many different scenarios/conspiracy theories to obsess about and question why they are being screwed out of what is so deservedly theirs. You have the option to delete any questions using the word "gutted". You will be paid per email response, so you could very well net a million dollars in one month."
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
    2024 Sacramento, CA
    Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    It's absurd.

It's a new thing for me as well.  I'm pretty sure it's a new thing they are trying in general.  

I get the overall idea, even if I may disagree with it in many ways, but at least get the damn execution of it right. 

My personal belief is that if someone gets shut out of a show and is willing to pay market price to get in, they should be allowed to in a free market capitalist society, but I also understand that people are sick of people acquiring tickets SOLELY so that they can flip them and make a bundle of cash.

Having like 3 more weeks before these F2F marketplaces open up sucks one way or the other though.  

Just, why?

Ticket Policy: We charge the same exact price for tickets for fans standing on the rail and those viewing from The International Space Station. We view all customer views as being of equal value.
  • mattcozmattcoz Posts: 2,202
    Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    It's absurd.

Just, why?
    Why? Because we don't even have our tickets yet. We still have months to go, why the rush?
  • PB11041PB11041 Posts: 2,805
    Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    It's absurd.

Just, why?
    that is not how markets work, the buyer of goods is not the only determining factor in an economic system, the producer is allowed to set prices and adjust or not adjust based on their choice
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• mattcozmattcoz Posts: 2,202
    PB11041 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    It's absurd.

Just, why?
    that is not how markets work, the buyer of goods is not the only determining factor in an economic system, the producer is allowed to set prices and adjust or not adjust based on their choice
    But in this case, the seller is not allowed to set the price, so it is not a free market.
  • The login information you use for standard Ticketmaster.com is Potentially different than if you went to the account manager page for say the Preds. 
    You wouldn’t just randomly have a Preds account. 
    The only way you have one is this drawing created an account for you based on what email you used when filling out your ticket request, and if you selected Nashville and won. I changed my email after submitting. When I tried to login with my new email, it didn’t work. My old one? That input on the request form? It worked. 

It’s the same way for Denver and OKC. 

Normally only season ticket holders even have accounts for these pages. 

All of that said, it is highly likely all of the tickets are sitting in our accounts. 10C is just probably trying to make sure everything is right. 
  • The login information you use for standard Ticketmaster.com is Potentially different than if you went to the account manager page for say the Preds. 
    The only way you have one is this drawing created an account for you based on what email you used when filling out your ticket request, and if you selected Nashville and won. I changed my email after submitting. When I tried to login with my new email, it didn’t work. My old one? That input on the request form? It worked. 

All of that said, it is highly likely all of the tickets are sitting in our accounts. 10C is just probably trying to make sure everything is right. 
    Or just truly waiting till late in the day on Friday to email everyone their ticket locations & not have to deal - this week - with the flood of angry 10c members who felt they were slighted on their seat locations in comparison to their 10c number.
    or you can come to terms and realize
    you're the only one who can forgive yourself oh yeah...
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense...

1995:  7/11 (Chicago) 2009: 8/23, 8/24 (Chicago) 2010:  5/9 (Cleveland) 2013 7/19 (Chicago) 2016: 4/9 (Miami), 5/1 (NYC), 8/20 & 8/22 (Chicago)
    2018: 8/18 (Chicago) & 8/20 (Chicago) 2022:  9/11 (NYC), 9/18 (STL) 2023:  9/5 (Chicago), 9/7 (Chicago) 2024:  8/29 (Chicago), 8/31 (Chicago)

• My tickets for Denver are also not there anymore. But, according to the app at one time, I got selected for GA (BA original selection), so I am assuming that is going to stay the same. Cautiously not gutted, but mentally prepared for a William Wallace level gutting. 
    "...what a different life had i not found this love with you..."
    PB11041 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    It's absurd.

Just, why?

Producer only sets the wholesale markets, not resale. 

In this case the producer is setting an artificially low price, and trying to prohibit the market to correct.

Then the producer is trying to artificially restrict resale supply, something that can not be successfully 100% accomplished.

So the result is that pairs of tickets that do squeeze out into the market, are 15 TIMES more expensive than comparable performer tickets.

Or just truly waiting till late in the day on Friday to email everyone their ticket locations & not have to deal - this week - with the flood of angry 10c members who felt they were slighted on their seat locations in comparison to their 10c number.
    True. But an auto email response would suffice. If you don’t like where your seat is, you can choose to not put in for 10C lottery tickets in the future. 

True. But an auto email response would suffice. If you don’t like where your seat is, you can choose to not put in for 10C lottery tickets in the future. 
    10c wouldn't have an auto response on just for this via their 10c email address; no reason to.  People have other issues/topics they need to email 10c for and having an auto email on something like this would be terrible customer service.

1995:  7/11 (Chicago) 2009: 8/23, 8/24 (Chicago) 2010:  5/9 (Cleveland) 2013 7/19 (Chicago) 2016: 4/9 (Miami), 5/1 (NYC), 8/20 & 8/22 (Chicago)
    2018: 8/18 (Chicago) & 8/20 (Chicago) 2022:  9/11 (NYC), 9/18 (STL) 2023:  9/5 (Chicago), 9/7 (Chicago) 2024:  8/29 (Chicago), 8/31 (Chicago)

• mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,946
    PB11041 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    It's absurd.

Just, why?

In this case the producer is setting an artificially low price, and trying to prohibit the market to correct.

Then the producer is trying to artificially restrict resale supply, something that can not be successfully 100% accomplished.

So the result is that pairs of tickets that do squeeze out into the market, are 15 TIMES more expensive than comparable performer tickets.

Solution: producer sets an absurdly high price, like 15 times what the most expensive MSG ticket is going for now. There's no secondary market if there's no primary market!
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • IlliniGuy76IlliniGuy76 Posts: 563
    edited January 2020
    PB11041 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    It's absurd.

Just, why?

And in the few instances where tickets leak (NY & DEN), oh well - the overall effort has been beyond successful in what they were trying to accomplish (as many tickets in 10c members hands & limited third party resale sites getting their hands on said tickets).  People would have an issue with Jesus Christ coming back & personally handing tickets to every single 10c member.
    Post edited by IlliniGuy76 on

• OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,394
    edited January 2020
    This board

Post edited by OceansJenny on
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    This board

Spot on.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."

10c wouldn't have an auto response on just for this via their 10c email address; no reason to.  People have other issues/topics they need to email 10c for and having an auto email on something like this would be terrible customer service.

The login information you use for standard Ticketmaster.com is Potentially different than if you went to the account manager page for say the Preds. 

Satire is lost. 
  • AxillaAxilla Posts: 11
    It's really cool that PJ is attempting to pry back some of the control over the ticketing experience from Ticketmaster. Unfortunately it seems that there is no stopping Ticketmaster's monopoly at this point and fans competing with bots/scalpers is a losing fight. So while they have had to partner up with a former enemy, they are attempting to stabilize the sky-rocketing concert ticket market and cut out the parasite scalpers at the same time. It will be interesting to see how the fan to fan exchange works out but I applaud the band for using their muscle to try to fix things. From the looks of things so far, ten club secured all the best seats for all the shows in the lottery so I think most of us will be very happy tomorrow when emails go out.
  • hihobibohihobibo Posts: 1,086
    Saltzy23 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    It's absurd.

The wait should be there. It seems so many people are ready to SELL on the exchange right now than buy. But why? We were only offered the tickets a couple weeks ago. Don't put in if you aren't going to go. This site now gives everyone an out, so they can get the thrill of winning the lottery, but then change their mind about flying across the country to actually go. The rumors thread was accurate for a few weeks ahead of the announcement, enough time to prepare plans in case you won. 
    hihobibo said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    It's absurd.

The wait should be there. It seems so many people are ready to SELL on the exchange right now than buy. But why? We were only offered the tickets a couple weeks ago. Don't put in if you aren't going to go. This site now gives everyone an out, so they can get the thrill of winning the lottery, but then change their mind about flying across the country to actually go. The rumors thread was accurate for a few weeks ahead of the announcement, enough time to prepare plans in case you won. 

I think a lot of people are hoping to get tickets to MSG and/or Baltimore (and all the others, obviously) via the F2F exchange. Way more than are eager to sell.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

• OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,394
    mpedone said:
    hihobibo said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    It's absurd.

I think a lot of people are hoping to get tickets to MSG and/or Baltimore (and all the others, obviously) via the F2F exchange. Way more than are eager to sell.
    It’s going to be a bloodbath that’s for sure.

It sucks because I would still want these two shows even if PJ had 10 east coast dates. Oh well. 
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • PB11041 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    It's absurd.

Just, why?

And in the few instances where tickets leak (NY & DEN), oh well - the overall effort has been beyond successful in what they were trying to accomplish (as many tickets in 10c members hands & limited third party resale sites getting their hands on said tickets).  People would have an issue with Jesus Christ coming back & personally handing tickets to every single 10c member.
    Lol, we get it. Illiniguy 😍 10c and TM.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
    mpedone said:
    hihobibo said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    It's absurd.

It’s going to be a bloodbath that’s for sure.

It sucks because I would still want these two shows even if PJ had 10 east coast dates. Oh well. 

Yup. I will be trying for Baltimore tickets. If they were playing in New England, I might not... But then again, Baltimore is such an easy trip from Manchester

• hihobibo said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    It's absurd.

Probably due to the hype. You will see even more action closer to showtime.  
    "This melody, inside of me, still searches for a solution."
  • estarr31estarr31 Posts: 575
    Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    It's absurd.

Just, why?
    10C has always limited resale of tickets. This is the first year they're even allowing tickets to be known before the week of the show. Not sure why they went all-in on ticketmaster but I guess it has to deal with logistics/ease and the larger number of 10C tickets as part of their deal. I didn't think the previous system needed tweaking though but the crowds should be fun being majority 10C. 
    Mansfield 6/30/08 -  Wrigley Field 7/14/13 -  Worcester I 10/15/13 -  Global Citizen 9/26/15 -  MSG II 5/2/16 -  Fenway I 8/5/16 -  Fenway II 8/7/16 -  Fenway II 9/4/18 - LA I 5/6/22 - LA II 5/7/22 - MSG 9/11/22 - Nashville 9/16/22 - St. Paul I and II 8/31/23-9/2/23