Options

All things Transgender related

Comments

• Options
    ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    I've never met a person who has complained that they were circumcised.  
    Not an argument in any way for taking control over and mutilating another persons body instead of letting that person A ) decide for themselves when being able to do so or B ) have a doctor come to the conclusion on a medical basis. 

And I'm fairly sure you know this. But at the same time I believeyou are not open to, or admit to, a change of position because A ) you yourself were circumcised without consent and therefore "need" that to be a-okey or B ) You have taken the decision to circumcise your kids and do not want to face your own choices and having to re-evaluate choices made in relations to that or C ) you are unable, for whatever reason, to raise your view a tad from where you are standing.

And yes, now I would bet you will throw in something about there being a few percentage less risk of HIV or something like that. In a weird try to justify it being the morally right thing to do. But I have seen that before on here and with the going in circles The Dream Master-thing, the topic is not worth discussing.

Hopefully instead, you one day will admit the absurdity of it all to yourself.
    You forgot D) I don't give a flying fuck.  There are plenty more things that I can gripe about regarding my childhood than that.  
    Dude this cracked me up!! 
    Liar. 😉
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,496
    edited January 2020
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Not an argument in any way for taking control over and mutilating another persons body instead of letting that person A ) decide for themselves when being able to do so or B ) have a doctor come to the conclusion on a medical basis. 

And I'm fairly sure you know this. But at the same time I believeyou are not open to, or admit to, a change of position because A ) you yourself were circumcised without consent and therefore "need" that to be a-okey or B ) You have taken the decision to circumcise your kids and do not want to face your own choices and having to re-evaluate choices made in relations to that or C ) you are unable, for whatever reason, to raise your view a tad from where you are standing.

And yes, now I would bet you will throw in something about there being a few percentage less risk of HIV or something like that. In a weird try to justify it being the morally right thing to do. But I have seen that before on here and with the going in circles The Dream Master-thing, the topic is not worth discussing.

You forgot D) I don't give a flying fuck. 

Then wouldn't you be able to find a "I have not met a person per has complained that they were circumcised. But that is not an excuse for mutilating boys without their contest and having them decide over their own bodies of course. So it's pretty absurd when you think about it"  from within yourself. Instead of whatever "I have not met a person per has complained that they were circumcised" is, if you are not giving a "flying fuck".
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    This is just a perfect example of accepting what one's culture does while rejecting what one's culture generally doesn't do, even when there are major similarities. One example of medically unnecessary genital surgery on children is accepted as normal, even positive, and another is abhorrent and unnatural.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Nice to meet you. Now you have. 
    Did you get one at a later age?
    Nope. At birth 
    I'm still angry that they cut my umbilical cord...
    Mama’s boy. 😉
    TY for getting my joke!
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,811
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Then wouldn't you be able to find a "I have not met a person per has complained that they were circumcised. But that is not an excuse for mutilating boys without their contest and having them decide over their own bodies of course. So it's pretty absurd when you think about it"  from within yourself. Instead of whatever "I have not met a person per has complained that they were circumcised" is, if you are not giving a "flying fuck".
    I have no idea what you mean.  If you're saying that I've never heard anyone complain about their circumcision because I don't care to hear it, well that's kind of dumb.  I hear about all sorts of things I don't care about. And remember, I don't care about MY circumcision.  That's the point. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I have no idea what you mean.  If you're saying that I've never heard anyone complain about their circumcision because I don't care to hear it, well that's kind of dumb.  I hear about all sorts of things I don't care about. And remember, I don't care about MY circumcision.  That's the point. 
    Oh, you don't care about yooouuur circumcision.

Well then.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    #leavethedicksalone =)

My husband is miffed about having been circumcised as a baby; I've no complaints!

My dad was circumcised as well; it was simply a given among the Jews in Germany, at that time (1920's).

I can't imagine a grown man subjecting himself to that as an adult.  I wonder if it's part of converting to Judaism...?

(someone please cue Elaine:  "It had no...personality!"
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    #leavethedicksalone =)

My husband is miffed about having been circumcised as a baby; I've no complaints!

My dad was circumcised as well; it was simply a given among the Jews in Germany, at that time (1920's).

I can't imagine a grown man subjecting himself to that as an adult.  I wonder if it's part of converting to Judaism...?

But you can still see the argument for not mutilating a baby for the reason of "eh... reasons"? Even with it being a given for your grandfather and maybe even for your husband.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    hedonist said:
    #leavethedicksalone =)

But you can still see the argument for not mutilating a baby for the reason of "eh... reasons"? Even with it being a given for your grandfather and maybe even for your husband.
    Yup.  Never said I didn't.

Just that I'm quite happy with the end result, so to speak.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    hedonist said:

That make two of us sistah

• Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,800
    Image result for stay on target gif
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    hedonist said:
    hedonist said:
    #leavethedicksalone =)

Ba da tss...  I like it!  

And yes Spiritual.. I don't care about MINE.  And I haven't met anyone that does, but I'm sure they're out there.  There's no law to do it, or not do it, so I definitely could care less about the topic.  My son was, and he's never asked me about it once.  He's 18 now.  
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,094
    mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    I'm happy to answer all these questions, but I am curious: how many of you with kids get asked why you're choosing to raise them as gendered?
    I'd assume very few.  But you have to understand you'd be in the vast minority and while many would have negative connotations in asking, many also would just like to understand.  I get asked a lot of questions about a lot of things.  Specifically related to parenting choices throughout all the years. It's not uncommon or unique for people to ask questions and even judge your parenting choices.  
    Was your initial decision to raise your daughter as a daughter a conscious choice? I.e., did you sit down and ask "should we raise our child as a girl?"
    Ummmm maybe since I wanted a girl more than anything, though certainly not in regards to marketing “girl” things. 
    Quick followup clarification, if I may. It sounds like you're saying to find out you were excited to *learn* you were having a girl, not that you decided to raise her as a girl. Is that right?
    See all five of our kids we raise as boys and girls.  What they end up choosing later on in life is up to them and I will love them all no matter what.  I just don’t think the gender neutral thing benefits anyone.  Imo calling them he/she has no bearing on whether or not they are trans. If anything I would think gender neutral would confuse a kid even more. 
    agreed 100%
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    to me, the infinitesimal reality of your child wanting/needing to transition at some point in life does not require everyone to start from a position of neutrality. as mcgruff said, i think that could be incredibly confusing to a kid who by default is highly likely going to identify as the traditional gender that goes with the biological sex they are born with. 

to me that's like preparing your budget based on the possibility of winning the lottery. it just doesn't make sense. 

we as a society have a long way to go in acceptance and normalization of those that want/need this in their lives, but I think it could be detrimental long term for everyone to take this road. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,040
    mrussel1 said:
    hedonist said:
    hedonist said:
    #leavethedicksalone =)

Ba da tss...  I like it!  

And yes Spiritual.. I don't care about MINE.  And I haven't met anyone that does, but I'm sure they're out there.  There's no law to do it, or not do it, so I definitely could care less about the topic.  My son was, and he's never asked me about it once.  He's 18 now.  
    I have four sons, all are snipped and no complaints. 

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    to me, the infinitesimal reality of your child wanting/needing to transition at some point in life does not require everyone to start from a position of neutrality. as mcgruff said, i think that could be incredibly confusing to a kid who by default is highly likely going to identify as the traditional gender that goes with the biological sex they are born with. 

to me that's like preparing your budget based on the possibility of winning the lottery. it just doesn't make sense. 

we as a society have a long way to go in acceptance and normalization of those that want/need this in their lives, but I think it could be detrimental long term for everyone to take this road. 

• Options
    This is just a perfect example of accepting what one's culture does while rejecting what one's culture generally doesn't do, even when there are major similarities. One example of medically unnecessary genital surgery on children is accepted as normal, even positive, and another is abhorrent and unnatural.
    my wife and I decided prior to our girls being born that if we were to have boys, no circumcision. it's barbaric and serves no purpose. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    my wife and I decided prior to our girls being born that if we were to have boys, no circumcision. it's barbaric and serves no purpose. 
    chicks dig it. 
  • Options
    edited January 2020

Well... part of being a parent is to listen and be attentive to ones child's needs and wants. So, if the child with the NON CIRCUMCISED penis start to express feeling more like a girl - then a good parent would be open minded and dynamic in the parenting. And if it comes down to the child wanting to be called a "she". Then just switch the pronoun... 

I have problems seeing the big deal here.

I mean. My niece loved Frozen. And I thought she still did. Then she said she HATED FROZEN and only loved pokemon. So I adjusted and started teasing her about her still having Olaf bedsheets.
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,156
    We talked about it briefly and couldn't decide.  We had a girl thankfully.  Not just for that, but it was a nice benefit.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    hedonist said:
    Welp, this has been an enlightening thread.

It's really brought out the best in some folks!
    as enlightening as this post. 
    It appears you're still het up.

I am not.

Let's not do this yet again.
    het up? I honestly don't know what that's supposed to mean. 

I just get annoyed when people jump into a thread flapping their morally superior gums around. I would expect someone to hold my feet to the fire if I was to act this way as well. there's just zero need for this type of "observation". 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

Well... part of being a parent is to listen and be attentive to ones child's needs and wants. So, if the child with the NON CIRCUMCISED penis start to express feeling more like a girl - then a good parent would be open minded and dynamic in the parenting. And if it comes down to the child wanting to be called a "she". Then just switch the pronoun... 

I mean. My niece loved Frozen. And I thought she still did. Then she said she HATED FROZEN and only loved pokemon. So I adjusted and started teasing her about her still having Olaf bedsheets.
    your post has nothing to do with what I wrote. I WOULD be attentive to their needs if they were to express the need to transition, in whatever form that took. 

But I already stated: starting from a point of neutrality, where 99.9% of all other kids are one or the other, could be incredibly harmful. The benefits just do not outweigh the cons on this. I think neutral gender kids could end up being confused when there was no actual need for it to begin with. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,457
    There’s also medically necessary circumcision that some men develop later in life ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options

your post has nothing to do with what I wrote. I WOULD be attentive to their needs if they were to express the need to transition, in whatever form that took. 

But I already stated: starting from a point of neutrality, where 99.9% of all other kids are one or the other, could be incredibly harmful. The benefits just do not outweigh the cons on this. I think neutral gender kids could end up being confused when there was no actual need for it to begin with. 
    99.4%, you giant liar.  
  • Options

I agreed with you...
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

99.4%, you giant liar.  
    LMAO
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

I agreed with you...
    that wasn't clear to me. my bad. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    There’s also medically necessary circumcision that some men develop later in life ...
    yes, of course, but doing it as a baby, in my eyes, is barbaric. I don't care that I was, as i obviously have no memory of it, but it's proven that for the vast majority of males, there is no medical reason to do it. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814

No, it's like buying life insurance even though the chances are slim you'll use it. 
  • Options
    ecdanc said:

No, it's like buying life insurance even though the chances are slim you'll use it. 
    There are bigger fights to be had. Let's head to Cyberdyne.