The coronavirus

Comments

• bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,945

People at After ski in Sweden , after people on the daily national press conference has said that it could end horrible to have them at this time.

Already cases of Corona connected to it.

Fuck idiots.
    This is today? I can’t even comprehend that. 
    bbiggs said:
    The economic impact is going to hit almost everyone in some way. Some worse than others. I’m in the mortgage business. 100% commission. I told my wife last night that I expect almost my entire year’s income to be what I did from Jan. 1 through what closes in April or early May at latest. Very few people will be buying homes right now. Interest rates have jumped because of the market turmoil, so no benefit to refinance for most. My wife is a self-employed hair stylist, so zero income for her for the foreseeable future. This is going to hit hard. 
    I'm in the same industry. Doing all refinances, though.
    We're trying to figure how how to do virtual closings. Has your place looked into that?
    @The Juggler  No virtual closing capabilities in place at the moment, but our title companies are doing “drive by closings.” Basically driving to customer’s home, opening the car window to hand off the closing package, letting them sign from a distance (garage for example) and witnessing the signatures from afar so they can still notarize. That’s the best option we have currently. How about you? It’s like the twilight zone. 
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,126
    dignin said:
    793 more deaths in Italy in the past 24 hrs.
    That’s insane they can’t seem to get it under control is that’s what’s happening? 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,055
    dignin said:
    793 more deaths in Italy in the past 24 hrs.
    That’s insane they can’t seem to get it under control is that’s what’s happening? 
    Sweden's state epidemiologist Anders Tegnell has been cautiously positive that there may be small signs of the spread of infection in Italy slowing down.

- It must be remembered that today's death toll is those who were diagnosed a few weeks ago. What I saw was some slowing down from the number of newly infected, the number of newly discovered cases, Anders Tegnell tells
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    edited March 2020
    bbiggs said:

People at After ski in Sweden , after people on the daily national press conference has said that it could end horrible to have them at this time.

Fuck idiots.
    This is today? I can’t even comprehend that. 
    Yes. The set amount of people allowed in a place is 500. So they let 499 in. 

After criticism ski resorts stop their after ski business. 

But yeah, they let that happen - and the fucking people in the picture let it happen.

EDIT: No, wait. That was last week I read now. And they stopped After Ski after heavy criticism for this week.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

Fuck idiots.
    Weren't you just YESTERDAY saying that people who aren't elderly should go about living normally?
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,383
    What s up with the z pack/ malaria drug combo?  Any truth that it is working?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    rgambs said:

Fuck idiots.
    Weren't you just YESTERDAY saying that people who aren't elderly should go about living normally?
    Not people fucking skiing. 
    (and only if the health care system can sustain it)
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,571
    edited March 2020
    I don't want to sound like I'm trying to tell anyone what to post here- that's not my job.  But I would at least like to express my wish that some of you would stop posting these death counts.  We all watch the news.  We all know people are dying and more people are going to die.  Is there really any reason to post these death count updates other than to create more anxiety?  Please consider desisting from doing this.  Thank you.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,617
    this illustrates how quickly this spreads...

Watch How the Coronavirus Spread Across the United States https://nyti.ms/33DCsY1

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    All of this is so crazy
    brianlux said:
    I don't want to sound like I'm trying to tell anyone what to post here- that's not my job.  But I would at least like to express my wish that some of you would stop posting these death counts.  We all watch the news.  We all know people are dying and more people are going to die.  Is there really any reason to post these death count updates other than to create more anxiety?  Please consider desisting from doing this.  Thank you.
    No problem I understand! 
    edited March 2020
    brianlux said:
    No problem I understand! 

Thank you, Jose!  :smile: 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

rgambs said:

Fuck idiots.
    Not people fucking skiing. 
    Right, so thousands of kids without sturdy concept of social distance or even simple personal space and basic hygiene should be mingling together, but not people skiing.
    Right, makes sense 🤣
    Fuck people if you don’t have any symptoms you don’t need to be tested, stay the fuck home I work in a hospital and haven’t been tested no one in my dept has! 
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,253
    I actually don’t see a problem with skiing, just the after ski drinking and eating together.
    This time of year when I go usually there’s no lines at all and every other chair lift is empty.  Seems more safe than all the people playing and walking their dog at the park down the street.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,253
    Al the ski resorts in Colorado already announced being closed for the season, despite having enough snow to be open until June again, in some cases even early July possibly. My guess is they are assuming no one is traveling, they won’t be selling daily tickets, only season pass holders will be coming and without selling food and drink there’s no money in it at this point. Otherwise no need to already announce closing for April, May and June.
    mace1229 said:
    Al the ski resorts in Colorado already announced being closed for the season, despite having enough snow to be open until June again, in some cases even early July possibly. My guess is they are assuming no one is traveling, they won’t be selling daily tickets, only season pass holders will be coming and without selling food and drink there’s no money in it at this point. Otherwise no need to already announce closing for April, May and June.
    The ski towns are hotspots and there is very little medical services available.
    Went for a walk with the family and dog. Several people out walking, which I would expect, but it makes it tough to avoid everyone. I don’t want to seem rude, but I am looking at every single person I see as if they have the virus. Therefore, I’m telling my kids to cross from one side of the street to the other every time we see people. Seems so weird to do, but I think it’s best for now. 
    Oh...and lots of kids playing at a local park which I found to be very odd behavior right now. I wouldn’t let my kids go near a park with a bunch of other kids playing. 
    bbiggs said:
    Went for a walk with the family and dog. Several people out walking, which I would expect, but it makes it tough to avoid everyone. I don’t want to seem rude, but I am looking at every single person I see as if they have the virus. Therefore, I’m telling my kids to cross from one side of the street to the other every time we see people. Seems so weird to do, but I think it’s best for now. 
    That does feel weird, b, but we just got back from our walk and did the same same when a person came down the road and passed us.  We crossed over and we all waved and said hello as we passed, but  I think she was glad we crossed the street. 

bbiggs said:
    Oh...and lots of kids playing at a local park which I found to be very odd behavior right now. I wouldn’t let my kids go near a park with a bunch of other kids playing. 
    Oh hell no, I'm wary of all that snot-collecting playground equipment in normal times.  Damn grunions.
    There could be an entire thread on potential positive effects this pandemic could create...
    I keep seeing memes about all the food service industry workers who are ridiculed every time the subject of living/minimum wages gets raised, now they are some of the few deemed "essential" to society.

rgambs said:
    bbiggs said:
    Oh hell no, I'm wary of all that snot-collecting playground equipment in normal times.  Damn grunions.
    Haha...I’m right there with you. 
    brianlux said:
    bbiggs said:
    That does feel weird, b, but we just got back from our walk and did the same same when a person came down the road and passed us.  We crossed over and we all waved and said hello as we passed, but  I think she was glad we crossed the street. 

Definitely does feel weird, but I should have mentioned that I am also giving a friendly wave and hello...just from across the street.  This social distancing thing is so bizarre, but I’m going to do everything I can to have my family and I follow the guidelines until it ends. 
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,424
    You do you!  I think that’s well past “enough”. That park business is nutso!! 

Interested to see how people not blowing this off handle social circles and stuff. Staying isolated for a few weeks and hoping my friends do the same. Have a guitar playing buddy, so they would be nice to have that to escape from the house.

Interesting work Iceland is doing. Getting more accurate numbers will do wonders for peace of mind I 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,477
    bbiggs said:
    wife and i got out of the house and went for a walk this afternoon. a decent amount of folks out too, but most doing that, crossing to the other side or just making sure they keep their distance as we pass each other. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    (and only if the health care system can sustain it)
    Our new heroes !!!  It will hopefully shift how we see Patriotism. Instead of being militaristic, it will be Doctors, Nurses & Healthcare Workers.
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

This discussion has been closed.