The coronavirus

Comments

• bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,945
    I decided I’m going NHL playoff style and growing a quarantine beard for as long as this goes on. Hopefully I get to shave soon. 
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,666
    bbiggs said:
    I decided I’m going NHL playoff style and growing a quarantine beard for as long as this goes on. Hopefully I get to shave soon. 
    Had the same thought not 5 minutes ago, hah
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,424
    edited March 2020
    How isolated is everybody staying? Just members of the household? Parents? Immediate family? Close friends? 
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,666
    DewieCox said:
    How isolated is everybody staying? Just members of the household? Parents? Immediate family? Close friends? 
    Trying to keep it immediate.  
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,945
    DewieCox said:
    If I had my way, it would be my wife, 2 kids and that’s it. Not sure my wife will fully buy into that. 
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,831
    Just me, a desk at home, and 14 hours a day of work.  Should be fun.  I may go into the office if no one is there. Live a block away and just easier to focus there especially when no one is there.
  • Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,350
    edited March 2020
    Just me, a desk at home, and 14 hours a day of work.  Should be fun.  I may go into the office if no one is there. Live a block away and just easier to focus there especially when no one is there.
    I walked in today at 9:30 and had all the lights click on when I walked in.  6 people in a 2 floor humongous office.  Completely surreal and eerie.

Crazy to think this will be the new normal for at least a while.

Had my boss tell me he'll see me in 8 weeks or so.

Within a week or so, there will be no one there except me, assuming they even let people out at all soon.

This is all completely insane.
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,580
    DewieCox said:
    Just me and my wife and Annie the cat.  We are going to wait five or six days to make sure we are free of symptoms and then talk about maybe getting together with a few people we know who are alone and self isolating.  Technically, we maybe shouldn't even do that but these are two women who live alone and if we wait out 5 or 6 days, I think we will be safe seeing them- but no hugs and kisses.  It has to suck being alone and isolated.  I lived that way sometimes for several days at a time for a few years when I first had hyperacusis and it was tough being alone that much of the time.

So in the meantime I call these two at least once or twice a day and check in.  If anyone knows people who are alone and in isolation, maybe reach out to them by phone when you can. 

MayDay10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    Had the same thought not 5 minutes ago, hah

When I read thes, MayDay and bb, I thought, "Hey cool idea!  I haven't shaved in a couple days anyway so why not?"  But then as I was thinking that I noticed I was already scratching at my stubble.  Man, I hate being paranoid about everything these days but I know darn well when I have a beard, the hand goes to the face much more often.  Dang!  Guess I'll be shaving in the AM.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,513
    mrussel1 said:
    bbiggs said:
    https://coronavirus.1point3acres.com/en

Not an encouraging graph from 3/1-3/16. 
    It's Monday night and Trump still hasn't mobilized the military to construct temporary hospitals.  10/10... isn't that his self appraisal number?

Dude he just told all the governors they are ON THEIR OWN when it comes to securing additional ventilators.

We get thru this that excerpt will be all over the place during the election.  If we have one.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,632
    mrussel1 said:
    bbiggs said:
    https://coronavirus.1point3acres.com/en

Not an encouraging graph from 3/1-3/16. 
    It's Monday night and Trump still hasn't mobilized the military to construct temporary hospitals.  10/10... isn't that his self appraisal number?

Dude he just told all the governors they are ON THEIR OWN when it comes to securing additional ventilators.

We get thru this that excerpt will be all over the place during the election.  If we have one.
    what he said was dont wait on us......
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,580
    I think its cool that some north east states are banding regionally to make fast preparations to get staff, supplies and hospitals ready for the possible (probable) onslaught over the next few weeks.  One gov I saw in a video basically stated flat out there's no point in counting on the current feds to help. 

Also, California is working hard to get more ventilators as well.  To bad there is so little help (as in, basically none) at the federal level. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    edited March 2020
    You people think I am stupid/silly/crazy for sharing what I shared before.
    Well, listen to this guy speak. It's nice to know I am not alone with my thoughts.
    https://www.facebook.com/mahmoud.elawadi.9/videos/10163288717110720/
    Post edited by Thoughts_Arrive on
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,059
    Woke up today, and my head is heavy, my throat is a bit sore and a bit runny noise. 

But maybe it's just because I overslept and still hasn't woken up yet... and I don't think the above things are signs of corona... I guess...
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    edited March 2020
    Sweden closes its high school/"secondary upper school" (schools for 16 to 19 year olds)

Also universities. 
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,097
    Well, listen to this guy speak. It's nice to know I am not alone with my thoughts.
    He first says that he doesn't believe in conspiracies, then goes on to talk about how cases are suspiciously low in some countries but high in others (you find what you test for), how it couldn't be possible for China's curbing efforts to be larger than Italy's (China was called 'draconian' in its efforts to lock down, Italy and the US have been called lax), and how this was orchestrated as revenge for China's trade deals (hell of a lot of trouble and risk). It's still reckless to share unsubstantiated bullshit like this at a time of crisis. 
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,097
    Woke up today, and my head is heavy, my throat is a bit sore and a bit runny noise. 

But maybe it's just because I overslept and still hasn't woken up yet... and I don't think the above things are signs of corona... I guess...
    Stay safe! I've had two anxiety attacks over the last two days where I convinced myself I'd die in my condo before making it down 20 flights of stairs. Those have been fun. So far no actual covid yet, just the premonitions. 
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • RenfieldRenfield Posts: 1,054
    benjs said:
    It's still reckless to share unsubstantiated bullshit like this at a time of crisis
    When are you going to stop this nonsense? Your  conspiracy thread got closed extremely quickly, you were shot down by board members yesterday for your other conspiracy thoughts/memes and now this. You are being deliberately antagonistic. Are you looking to be banned?
    just read an article abour fox news and the main personalities put forth similar  suggestions only adding in NK too. also completely downplaying the seriousness of this thing.  YET as soon as trump outwardly changed his tune , so did they.

so please forgive me for not believing a word of it.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    Renfield said:
    benjs said:
    It's still reckless to share unsubstantiated bullshit like this at a time of crisis
    When are you going to stop this nonsense? Your  conspiracy thread got closed extremely quickly, you were shot down by board members yesterday for your other conspiracy thoughts/memes and now this. You are being deliberately antagonistic. Are you looking to be banned?
    No I am not and no I am not.
    Anyhow, I won't say anymore about conspiracies. Just trying to say it sounds plausible to me.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    mickeyrat said:
    just read an article abour fox news and the main personalities put forth similar  suggestions only adding in NK too. also completely downplaying the seriousness of this thing.  YET as soon as trump outwardly changed his tune , so did they.

so please forgive me for not believing a word of it.
    You can believe what you want.

• brianlux said:
    NorCal on lockdown (some counties)
    Brian, guessing Placer was not one of the counties joining in the announcement today?

Not sure about Placer county, LOL.  I'm laughing because when I first heard about an opportunity to move to the Placerville area, I just assumed Placerville was in Placer county.  I guess I didn't know my own state's geography as well as I should have.  Placer county is actually north of here.  It's a weird ass narrow county that stretches all the way from Roseville down in the valley all the way up to the northwest shore of Lake Tahoe.

So anyway, Placerville is in El Dorado County.  Things are shutting down here very quickly.  We had to close down the bookstore and it will be shut down except for mail order sales (which is a small percentage of sales) for at least two weeks. I don't think there is an official shutdown in El Dorado County yet but some inside rumors say it will happen soon.  Fucking Coronavirus is wrecking a lot of businesses and lives. 

My little on-line book business is doing better than it ever has lately but it's just something I do on the side for fun and chump change and since we aren't supposed to leave home I will probably have to put it on "vacation" very soon.  And my record sales are in the store which is closed so that is a no go as well. 

What's that song called?  Unemployable?  :lol: 

Hilarious, my assumption was clearly wrong - Placerville is not in Placer County.
    Well, learned something new - thanks!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • rhanishanerhanishane Posts: 505

• CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927
    Sweden closes its high school/"secondary upper school" (schools for 16 to 19 year olds)

Also universities. 
    oh no!

where will all the swedes learn to misunderstand american politics now?
  • rhanishanerhanishane Posts: 505
    Getting ready to shut our borders in Australia (after the horse has already bolted of course) duh🙄... Government Calling home every Australian from overseas if they can get a flight that is. 2 week mandatory self quarantine when you land.

• Getting ready to shut our borders in Australia (after the horse has already bolted of course) duh🙄... Government Calling home every Australian from overseas if they can get a flight that is. 2 week mandatory self quarantine when you land.

Seeing her makes any day better. 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,383

I felt that way yesterday.  Took advil and zyrtec and feel much better.  Remember allergies are in full force and all of our bodies respond differently to stressful situations.   be well.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,134
    bbiggs said:
    More hair more germs!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,832
    bbiggs said:
    More hair more germs!

I SAW PEARL JAM
This discussion has been closed.