The coronavirus

Comments

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,059
    edited March 2020
    CM189191 said:
    Sweden closes its high school/"secondary upper school" (schools for 16 to 19 year olds)

Also universities. 
    oh no!

where will all the swedes learn to misunderstand american politics now?
    I think most people in that thread agreed you were the one not getting it, regarding that topic.

So, what is up with your questionable attitude?
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,004
    I want to discuss the economic impact of all of this.

Anyone who doesn't have a huge nest egg stashed away is going to be screwed.  That ever increasing gap between the middle class and the wealthy just got ripped open wider.

The bottom part of the economic scale?  Forget it.  They are stuck there for a long time now.

Everything some of us have worked for is going to be taken away in a month, I know my 401K is suffereing.

• JPPJ84JPPJ84 Posts: 3,461
    looks like the Euro 2020 championship is being postponed by a year! several reports about it have just been released
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,469
    We live on the  borderline of poverty without all of this. On state benefits  due to long term illness and i just had 2 good friends take food to my ex wife and children. 
    Good karma . And this is only the start.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • I want to discuss the economic impact of all of this.

Anyone who doesn't have a huge nest egg stashed away is going to be screwed.  That ever increasing gap between the middle class and the wealthy just got ripped open wider.

The bottom part of the economic scale?  Forget it.  They are stuck there for a long time now.

Everything some of us have worked for is going to be taken away in a month, I know my 401K is suffereing.

Small businesses are getting fucked left and right. 
    There is going to be a huge pile of businesses that shit out as a result of this. 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    We live on the  borderline of poverty without all of this. On state benefits  due to long term illness and i just had 2 good friends take food to my ex wife and children. 
    How can I help? Anything in particular you need that can be bought on Amazon?
    edited March 2020
    Without what?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Without what?
    he means even without the corona chaos
    JPPJ84 said:
    Without what?
    he means even without the corona chaos
    I just got that :)
    edited March 2020
    My brother just texted me about mom being worried she's gonna stop getting hours at the restaurant she has worked at since like 1990. 

This is getting shitty for real. 

Also - the virus are spreading outside of the big cities now in Sweden. 
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,945
    bbiggs said:
    I decided I’m going NHL playoff style and growing a quarantine beard for as long as this goes on. Hopefully I get to shave soon. 
    More hair more germs!

Ughh.  Good point.  There goes that idea.  Thanks for ruining my quarantine beard idea.  ;)
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,383
    Remote learning starts today for the next 2-8 weeks.  Good luck everyone!

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,513
    The news is saying trump was much more sober yesterday for the first time after saying he had it under tremendous control sunday.

I'm wondering if some cabinet members started threatening 25th amendment if he doest grow the eff up soon.

This economic impact will be felt far and wide.  I keep thinking about this and really feel terrible for those that are most impacted.  Most Americans do not have the savings to weather this storm, assuming they'll be out of work for an extended period.  Some of those small businesses will be forced to close.  People close to retirement that just lost 30% of their life savings (more likely to come) will be forced to continue working.  The list goes on and on.
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,012

You deserve scorn & contempt if you're pushing conspiracy theories right now.

Grow the fuck up.

mcgruff10 said:
    Woke up today, and my head is heavy, my throat is a bit sore and a bit runny noise. 

But maybe it's just because I overslept and still hasn't woken up yet... and I don't think the above things are signs of corona... I guess...
    I felt that way yesterday.  Took advil and zyrtec and feel much better.  Remember allergies are in full force and all of our bodies respond differently to stressful situations.   be well.
    Went home. Had a couple skype meeting anyways. So might as well do them with my cat nearby. 

More worried about my dad having a fever. And my moms job at risk. Than me coughing. 

But now I can blast the latest vault release atleast while working.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,134
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    I decided I’m going NHL playoff style and growing a quarantine beard for as long as this goes on. Hopefully I get to shave soon. 
    More hair more germs!

Ughh.  Good point.  There goes that idea.  Thanks for ruining my quarantine beard idea.  ;)
    Just wanna make sure my fellow posters here are safe..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    Had our first PM meeting via webex.
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,097
    I decided on Zoom for our company. Webex always seemed to cause usability challenges for people. 
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
    benjs said:
    I decided on Zoom for our company. Webex always seemed to cause usability challenges for people. 
    Yeah we are using zoom and so far so good.
    Started a discussion on my schoology page and everyone one of my students said they miss school so much.  I hope we all unite and kick the Corona Virus's ass soon.  
    I was using Skype (Sweden represent!) and Microsoft Teams (or what they call it) today....
    mcgruff10 said:
    Started a discussion on my schoology page and everyone one of my students said they miss school so much.  I hope we all unite and kick the Corona Virus's ass soon.  
    Weird students. Hah.

• Matts3221Matts3221 Posts: 658

New Hampshire has followed the lead of other states and as of Today all Restaurants , Bars , Cafes ect are closed except for Take out or delivery.

I truly feel for these people. I know Shaun King has set up an instapage to connect those whom do have money and those who don't , you can get paired with a family that needs help if you can help.

NH unemployment benefits have switch to no wait time ,  so if you lost your job today you start to get paid today.

Still those in the margins are at such risk  , I feel lucky to have enough savings to last me 4 months or so along with even if my office closed we could bank vacation sick time ( that would be 6 weeks added on )

I suggest to anyone who orders food delivery to give a hefty tip , tipped the pizza delivery 15 bucks the other night.

• Google Hangouts is free and works well for small groups and one to one stuff.  Been using it for a few years and is good.
    Also use Zoom, WebEx, all sorts of shit my partners/clients utilize.  All very similar.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    The data is clear that elderly people are not able to fight off this virus well; however, I wonder if there are cases where someone in their 80's HAS fully recovered.  You would think those cases do exist based on the amount of people that have contracted the virus.  Anyone see any news in regards to this?
    bbiggs said:
    The data is clear that elderly people are not able to fight off this virus well; however, I wonder if there are cases where someone in their 80's HAS fully recovered.  You would think those cases do exist based on the amount of people that have contracted the virus.  Anyone see any news in regards to this?
    Yes I have. There have been reports about people over 80 recovering, I specifically saw it about a lady from China or Thailand a few weeks ago.
    St Patty's day today and no amateurs out tonight to congregate and get drunk...
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,482
    bbiggs said:
    80 year old winnipegger diagnosed the other day. we shall see. I don't think they have been hospitalized yet. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

This discussion has been closed.