The coronavirus

Comments

• Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,520
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Purchase concert tickets for the first time in over a year this morning. So excited. 
    Who ya seeing and which venue?
    My morning jacket at Forest Hills. Fantastic venue. 
    I saw them there in 2018 or 2019. My first time there and yes, awesome venue with reasonable prices for food and drink. Getting out and on the subway or Uber was a bit of a cluster but I'd go back. Knowing the history of the place is cool too. We need more venues like Forest Hills. Or I need to find and go to them.
    I saw them in 2019 there and it was an incredible venue and a fantastic show. I said to myself I hope they play here every summer hahah!! Let me know if make it this year. 

I was checking out shows there, would love to see MMJ or Wilco, but aren’t they selling 100% capacity for this upcoming summer? The vaccine is doing really well and I like y’all, but to be packed in at 100% with 10-20,000 fans, it’s gonna take some time, for me at least.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,522
    edited May 2021
    tish said:
    ^ yup. Happy long weekend, with your household only, hughbaby.
    you too babe. 

watched the jets win as a family last night, and tonight we're having a zoom call happy hour with my entire family (my sister mentioned yesterday how she is struggilng with no adult contact-it's just her and her boy). we're making virgin pina coladas for the kids and real ones for us. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,426
    Canada just hit 50% on first doses given and is on pace to have 75% of people vaccinated with a single shot by early June. Hopefully the majority get their second shot when the time comes. 

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 Posts: 10,739

Give Peas A Chance…

Maybe he should have visited his parents in the 9-10 months that he is counting prior to the pandemic?
  • OnWis97OnWis97 Posts: 4,970
    mrussel1 said:
    PJNB said:
    Nice work USA! Love to see it. 

See? It was mask mandates that spread the virus.  Now they're going away and no virus!
    Did you see this seriously offered by a Covidiot somewhere?  I'm sure that's going to be the going "theory."

1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,348
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJNB said:
    Nice work USA! Love to see it. 

See? It was mask mandates that spread the virus.  Now they're going away and no virus!
    Did you see this seriously offered by a Covidiot somewhere?  I'm sure that's going to be the going "theory."

They consistently try to out-stupid each other, so I just assume this will come.  
    https://montrealgazette.com/news/local-news/quebec-to-move-up-appointments-for-second-covid-19-vaccine-doses

Things going in the right direction for Quebec with vaccinations. Hopefully we get news soon of other provinces bumping up the timeline on the second doses.
    PJNB said:

Maybe he should have visited his parents in the 9-10 months that he is counting prior to the pandemic?
    anything to hate on trudeau, even if the math doesn't check out. 

www.headstonesband.com

what a disaster Manitoba is right now. 6 cardiac patients have died waiting for surgery they (reportedly) could have had, had they not been bumped due to covid. several spinal injury patients have been sent to the US for surgery, others are left here in agony "until they lose control of their bowels/bladders and it becomes an emergency". 14 people in ICU sent to various hospitals in Ontario because of our capacity. 

this is exactly the type of shit I've been trying to get through the thick fucking skulls of the anti-maskers/lockdowners/vaxxers. it's always been about hospital capacity. and now we're there. we're fucking living it. 

and our premier is blasting manitobans for it all. sure, the public deserves some blame. but so does he and his aggressive reopening. he keeps blaming trudeau and the lack of vaccines. appointments aren't filling up when they should be, because there's no central system to deal with it. 

one of our crazy religious cults called Springs Church had a fucking graduation ceremony the other day, indoors, maskless, and no distancing. what's our premier's answer to that? "I won't speak to enforcement, but an investigation will happen, and either a fine or a warning". 

A WARNING??? you want to know why people aren't taking this seriously? because they keep getting away with it. throw these fuckers in jail. shut the church down. get the fucking message across. because it's currently not working, and the buck stops at leadership. 

www.headstonesband.com

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391
    A fine sure, but jail time for not social
    distancing?   Come on bro.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,303
    For those still on the fence regarding being vaccinated. Wouldn’t you rather want to be chip free?

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 Posts: 10,739
    Canada has only fully vaccinated about 4.5 percent of us

This man was in charge of procurement 

This is the prime minister…don’t know where it all went wrong..but i suspect the clues are in this picture.  In case you didn’t know our prime minister is white…

Give Peas A Chance…
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844

This is the prime minister…don’t know where it all went wrong..but i suspect the clues are in this picture.  In case you didn’t know our prime minister is white…

Third in the G20 in terms of doses given per capita.  Close to the top 10 in terms of percentage of population given first doses in the world. Every adult who wishes vaccination expected to have their first dose by early June and second dose by mid-September. 

Time to stop pretending that the vaccination program isn’t going well just because you hate Trudeau. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • OnWis97OnWis97 Posts: 4,970

Third in the G20 in terms of doses given per capita.  Close to the top 10 in terms of percentage of population given first doses in the world. Every adult who wishes vaccination expected to have their first dose by early June and second dose by mid-September. 

Time to stop pretending that the vaccination program isn’t going well just because you hate Trudeau. 
    That seems weird. Does that mean the average person is going to have a three-month gap?
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
    mcgruff10 said:
    A fine sure, but jail time for not social
    distancing?   Come on bro.  
    these people don't give two fucks about fines. the church is rich as fuck, and the idiots who attend willingly give up to half their income to them. so the next logical step is something that will deter. and don't diminish the severity by saying it's just "social distancing". I'm sure the people who have had loved ones die because of assholes like this who end up in ICU wouldn't appreciate it. 

www.headstonesband.com

My 17 year old daughter got vax number 1 today, so far so good. My twelve year old sons will all be getting their first shot in the next two weeks.  
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,745
    mcgruff10 said:
    My 17 year old daughter got vax number 1 today, so far so good. My twelve year old sons will all be getting their first shot in the next two weeks.  

what informed your decision? you were hesitant a couple weeks ago.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Honestly bud, just trust in the science.  
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,745
    mcgruff10 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Honestly bud, just trust in the science.  

fair enough. Moderna came out today or yesterday saying 100% effective for this age group. Pfizer was at or near that as well.

I would say as a first run of widespread use of MRna vax, its been a pretty big success given how much is left to learn about C-19.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    edited May 2021
    BC members I am sure you have heard by now but return to normal has a date for you guys. September 7th all restrictions maybe lifted if certain requirements are met. 

Post edited by PJNB on
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 6,433
    edited May 2021
    ^Yes, we're moving towards Weston's mindset of we've got the vax, nothing left but to re-open. Thanks for paving the way, USA! 

OnWise, we do have a big gap before the second dose due to limited supply. Fortunately, data favoured us as protection lasts longer than the interval between the recommended dosing. With one dose, our likelihood of severe illness is modelled at 80% (real values are closer to 90%). And we are 60% less likely to catch it. Some provinces are moving up the second doses, such as QC. Much of this info is in this thread.
    OnWis97 said:

That seems weird. Does that mean the average person is going to have a three-month gap?

There has been a lot of discussion on this in this thread so far which I won't repeat. This is the short form:

1. In February, in the face of limited vaccine supply, Canada made the decision to prioritize first vaccinations for as many people as possible as quickly as possible rather than both shots for half the number. This was based on emerging data on the solid protection offered by one dose (around 80%) and basic immunological principles that suggested it would be beneficial.

2. Since then, there has been a lot more data proving the benefits. First dose provides high level of protection for as long has has been tested so far for almost everyone, and delaying the second dose leads to an increase in antibody levels compared to providing second dose as per manufacturer's recommendations. This is because the vaccine manufacturers were not basing their intervals on science, they were basing it on convenience and getting a product to market as soon as possible. And so...

3. With the percentage of the population (entire population, not adult population) having had at least a first dose over 52% we're seeing cases dropping almost everywhere. 
    New covid cases in Canada have dropped 72% from their peak earlier this year and many provinces are announcing phased reopenings. Unfortunately, Manitoba continues to struggle with high case loads. 

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,083
    edited May 2021

I don't know when this image was taken, but I doubt it was at the same time he was involved in vaccinating the canadian people.

14,8% fully vaccinated in Sweden. Don't know if that is good or not. Sounds low.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,348
    US is 50% adult fully vaxed.  That feels pretty solid.  I really like the 5 lottery drawings that Ohio is offering, a million each to induce vaxes.  Really great idea by a Republican Gov that has managed the pandemic very well.  I think the under 18 population vax levels will be very high.  There's a strange cultural thing happening where teens are pressuring each other to get it done and it's a point of pride. Good for them. 
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,839
    mrussel1 said:
     I really like the 5 lottery drawings that Ohio is offering, a million each to induce vaxes. 
    I, on the other hand, can't even put into words how much I hate this. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com

I don't know when this image was taken, but I doubt it was at the same time he was involved in vaccinating the canadian people.

14,8% fully vaccinated in Sweden. Don't know if that is good or not. Sounds low.
    Here's a link you might want to check out, listing vaccination status for all countries. Sweden has delivered 46 doses per 100 people, and is at 35% of the population with 1 shot and 15% with two.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/world/covid-vaccinations-tracker.html

This discussion has been closed.