The coronavirus

Comments

• mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,257
    CM189191 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    the NY Post is terrible and Greg Abbott is a Neanderthal

ftfa:
    "But while the Lone Star State tallied zero fatalities that day, officials in the highly populated Dallas County no longer report new coronavirus data on Sundays — and the CDC’s tracker shows that Texas had 305 coronavirus deaths overall last week."

"A total of 650 more coronavirus cases were reported in Texas on Sunday, including 595 new cases, according to the Dallasnews.com, which noted county health officials don’t report new coronavirus data on Sundays."

So, the key to not having any deaths is to skip reporting them? What a brilliant idea! Why not take it a step further and not report positive tests too. Pandemic over, problem solved.
    I mean, you can't say it doesn't work. I worked at a school where they stopped offering geometry. Because math is the lowest when it came to state test scores, and geometry was the lowest math score, so by not offering geometry we didnt have to test for it. And math scores went up!
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,651
    CM189191 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

ftfa:
    "But while the Lone Star State tallied zero fatalities that day, officials in the highly populated Dallas County no longer report new coronavirus data on Sundays — and the CDC’s tracker shows that Texas had 305 coronavirus deaths overall last week."

"A total of 650 more coronavirus cases were reported in Texas on Sunday, including 595 new cases, according to the Dallasnews.com, which noted county health officials don’t report new coronavirus data on Sundays."

So, the key to not having any deaths is to skip reporting them? What a brilliant idea! Why not take it a step further and not report positive tests too. Pandemic over, problem solved.

The only reason America had so many positive cases was because we tested so many people. 

Stupid libs don't understand anything. 
    https://youtu.be/D5gA-uQo6L4
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,692
    mace1229 said:
    CM189191 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

ftfa:

I mean, you can't say it doesn't work. I worked at a school where they stopped offering geometry. Because math is the lowest when it came to state test scores, and geometry was the lowest math score, so by not offering geometry we didnt have to test for it. And math scores went up!

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,745
    CM189191 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

ftfa:

the desantis model....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,301
    The Cuomo model:

pocket 5 million dollars for writing a book about being a leader during a pandemic, mid pandemic, while also being accused of sexual harassment and covering up nursing homes deaths. 
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,038
    nicknyr15 said:
    The Cuomo model:

pocket 5 million dollars for writing a book about being a leader during a pandemic, mid pandemic, while also being accused of sexual harassment and covering up nursing homes deaths. 
    Has anyone here praised Cuomo in recent months? 

If so, I missed it. 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,522
    nicknyr15 said:
    The Cuomo model:

You won't get much argument on that douche. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,692
    nicknyr15 said:
    The Cuomo model:

That's OK, Rudy's boy is coming after him to right all the wrongs. 
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    CM189191 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

ftfa:

I should have known better than to take Abbott for his word.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
    nicknyr15 said:
    The Cuomo model:

If so, I missed it. 
    Did I say anyone Praised Cuomo recently?if so, I missed it 
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    The Cuomo model:

If so, I missed it. 
    lol
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,097
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    The Cuomo model:

If so, I missed it. 
    Got Cuomo on the mind even when no one's talking about him, eh? Seems he really got to you.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
    benjs said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    The Cuomo model:

If so, I missed it. 
    Got Cuomo on the mind even when no one's talking about him, eh? Seems he really got to you.
    News of how much he got paid for that ridiculous book came out yesterday. That is all. 

And yes he did really get to me. Is that ok? His actions have direct consequences to me since I live here. 
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    The Cuomo model:

If so, I missed it. 
    lol
    Lol 
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,561
    nicknyr15 said:
    benjs said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    The Cuomo model:

If so, I missed it. 
    News of how much he got paid for that ridiculous book came out yesterday. That is all. 

And yes he did really get to me. Is that ok? His actions have direct consequences to me since I live here. 
    You are only allowed to reference Trump or shitty republican politicians. Please keep that in mind for future reference.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,651
    Seems that there were likely a few other factors that contributed to these deaths from stroke and heart disease in folks between 60-79 that don't get a mention.
    Like how many of these folks smoked? (as it says a significant number came from West Pacific and Southeast Asian regions, I'd wager more than a few).
    How many were obese, had poor diets, high cholesterol, hypertension etc. etc.?
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    edited May 2021
    Poncier said:
    Seems that there were likely a few other factors that contributed to these deaths from stroke and heart disease in folks between 60-79 that don't get a mention.
    Like how many of these folks smoked? (as it says a significant number came from West Pacific and Southeast Asian regions, I'd wager more than a few).
    How many were obese, had poor diets, high cholesterol, hypertension etc. etc.?

These are experienced researchers and these factors are considered in the analysis. The issue is complex, of course, and there are several different mechanisms by which longer work hours contribute to increased morbidity and mortality, both by direct physiological actions and by increasing the likelihood of other unhealthy behaviours such as higher rates of smoking and lower physical activity.

Here is a link to the study, so you can look at the methodology and reasons for conclusions:

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0160412021002208

Edit: don't rely on mainstream media to fully report on scientific findings
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    tbergs said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    benjs said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    The Cuomo model:

If so, I missed it. 

You are only allowed to reference Trump or shitty republican politicians. Please keep that in mind for future reference.
    Haha. Sure seems that way. And that’s not a good thing at all. A shitty person is a shitty person no matter race, party , gender etc....  
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391
    nicknyr15 said:
    tbergs said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    benjs said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    The Cuomo model:

If so, I missed it. 

Haha. Sure seems that way. And that’s not a good thing at all. A shitty person is a shitty person no matter race, party , gender etc....  
    yeah cuomo has definitely fallen a lot recently after showing some real
    leadership skills in the beginning of the pandemic.  Hopefully he doesn’t go as low as Rudy.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    Trudeau just "announced" that Canada will have to get to 75% vaccinated before he reopens the Canada/US border. 

www.headstonesband.com

• oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    Trudeau just "announced" that Canada will have to get to 75% vaccinated before he reopens the Canada/US border. 

I don't have any certainty we will get to 75% but I hope we get close.  The older age cohorts have done a great job with vaccination rates in the 80+%. I've seen some modelling that suggests we will get to this rate, maybe by mid-summer, and others that suggest we won't. Earlier on in the pandemic the majority of Canadians had no interest in having the border open again, but that may be softening now. I hope that the feds are more using the 75% mark for opening up to goad people into getting vaccinated if they are on the fence.

Canada is projected to pass the US in rate of first dose vaccinations given by the end of this week. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,426

I don't have any certainty we will get to 75% but I hope we get close.  The older age cohorts have done a great job with vaccination rates in the 80+%. I've seen some modelling that suggests we will get to this rate, maybe by mid-summer, and others that suggest we won't. Earlier on in the pandemic the majority of Canadians had no interest in having the border open again, but that may be softening now. I hope that the feds are more using the 75% mark for opening up to goad people into getting vaccinated if they are on the fence.

Canada is projected to pass the US in rate of first dose vaccinations given by the end of this week. 
    Is this single shots or two?
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 6,433
    edited May 2021
    Single. Hope 20% both simultaneously.

Edit: that's what she said.
    Post edited by Spunkie on
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,426
    tish said:
    Single. Hope for 20% both simultaneously.
    Do you have an article that says single? Can't find it said anywhere where it clarifies. 
    My head hurts.
    I feel warm
    I am super tired
    Crappy. Let us know how it goes.
    I thought it was double. 

www.headstonesband.com

nicknyr15 said:
    tbergs said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    benjs said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    The Cuomo model:

If so, I missed it. 

You’re right. 
    Cuomo is no less an example of a shitty politician / person than Desantis or any one else. 

Apologies. 
    edited May 2021
    https://www.macleans.ca/news/canada-is-about-to-surpass-the-u-s-in-first-doses-of-the-covid-vaccine/

In Canada, only nine per cent say they won’t get the vaccine compared to 88 per cent who either will or have received a dose, according to a new Angus Reid poll, which bodes well for Canada achieving herd immunity

I think all of that 9% are on facebook. 
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on

www.headstonesband.com

edited May 2021
    I'll have a look for a source where I got that number in my head a few days back...

Cbc  may 14
    https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.6026991
    Post edited by Spunkie on
This discussion has been closed.