The coronavirus

Comments

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,135
    https://apple.news/A7Ow32oFERv2ofRlNtqgt1Atslk about cluelessness wtf is wrong with some people, I have no social life so I’m good but I work in a hospital that has now cancelled most elective surgeries, this shit is for real out here!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,945
    rgambs said:
    Ohio Governor Dewine has declared a partial shutdown of all bars and restaurants.  Take-out and delivery not prohibited, but dine-in service will no longer be allowed.
    Unprecedented times we are living.
    Same in IL. Just happened. 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,383
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,135
    bbiggs said:
    rgambs said:
    Ohio Governor Dewine has declared a partial shutdown of all bars and restaurants.  Take-out and delivery not prohibited, but dine-in service will no longer be allowed.
    Damn I feel for everyone who depends on these stablishments for their wages ughh man  I’m more worried today then at anytime even after 9/11 or the crash of 08 , this feels way different...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    https://apple.news/A7Ow32oFERv2ofRlNtqgt1Atslk about cluelessness wtf is wrong with some people, I have no social life so I’m good but I work in a hospital that has now cancelled most elective surgeries, this shit is for real out here!
    Reading that article is extremely sobering and alarming. A lot of young Americans simply don’t give a shit. Embarrassing. 
  • bbiggs said:
    rgambs said:
    Will they deliver booze and drunk girls?
    Jk

This makes good sense.  There is no way I would not be going out were I my 21 year old self.
    Thankfully, I am not!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    bbiggs said:
    rgambs said:
    Jk

This makes good sense.  There is no way I would not be going out were I my 21 year old self.
    Thankfully, I am not!
    Yeah, that is the hard part. Most 21 year olds are invincible and shrug these things off. My perspective at 21 was a lot different than today. 
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    mcgruff10 said:
    My old next door neighbor s sister just passed away from this.  Ugh
    How did she contract it?  Was she overseas or did she pick it up in the states?  What type of treatment did she get?

• myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    As an American, If I was in Europe right now seeing this, I'd might rather self quarantine in an apartment in Europe than to go through this insanity.
    What a Cluster F!@#$!

"The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    Laughing at some Americans stockpiling on guns. Wtf is wrong with people?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    rgambs said:
    Jk

Thankfully, I am not!
    Yeah, that is the hard part. Most 21 year olds are invincible and shrug these things off. My perspective at 21 was a lot different than today. 
    Not a chance I would not have been using this in my recruiting pitch at the bars.  (Want to self quarantine with me?)
    Lol.
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    rgambs said:
    Jk

Thankfully, I am not!
    Not a chance I would not have been using this in my recruiting pitch at the bars.  (Want to self quarantine with me?)
    Lol.
    Haha! I’m guessing that line was used a few times last night. 😂
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Well, closing all the restaurants and bars won't cause a mass panic at the supermarket.  Nuh, uh.  Have fun F.I.B.s and Ohioians.  
  • bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    rgambs said:
    Jk

Thankfully, I am not!
    Lol.
    "uhhhh, hey baby.....wanna come back to my place and watch some dvds and sit at opposite ends of the sofa for several days with me?"
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    rgambs said:
    Jk

Thankfully, I am not!
    Lol.
    "uhhhh, hey baby.....wanna come back to my place and watch some dvds and sit at opposite ends of the sofa for several days with me?"
    Not so much, lol.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,310
    Sad story coming out of NH that those in New England will hear about.  A woman in her late 50's who works for a company that works for mine, died yesterday.  She's an attorney.  She was in Naples/Ft Myers area last week.  Flew home Thursday next to someone from Australia.  Came into the office on Friday coughing.  They sent her home immediately.  She worsened over the course of Friday, rushed to the hospital and died on Sat of a cardiac event.  She had no known pre-existing conditions.  All of this happened very quickly for her.  They don't know that she had covid-19 but she's receiving an autopsy. 
  • damn man that is awful. sorry to hear about that.

sudden cardiac death doesn't typically just happen. She had to have had an underlying predisposition that nobody knew about. i am interested to see what the autopsy concludes.

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,666
    A confirmed case in my town.  
  • CO278952CO278952 Posts: 1,343
    One of the expert complainers on CNN just expressed frustration that the task force isn’t using the “450 page CDC manual on how to communicate during public health crises.”
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden 07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa 5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin 9.3.24 MSG 9.4.24 MSG
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 Posts: 23,035
    edited March 2020
    i saw above that someone said that their hospital is canceling all elective surgeries. i have to cover 2 big cases tomorrow and one on Tuesday. I am kind of wishing that they would postpone. I am starting to worry about my chances of contracting this thing being in and out of hospitals and surgery every day. I am waiting for them to kick reps out of hospitals and cases altogether until the situation improves. I have been getting email policies from accounts stating that we are not allowed in their offices for a few weeks, but nothing relating to surgical cases. I would think they would rather us go to their offices and stay out of cases, but they need us to assist with cases. crazy times we are in.
    Post edited by gimmesometruth27 on

Jason P said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    My old next door neighbor s sister just passed away from this.  Ugh
    How did she contract it?  Was she overseas or did she pick it up in the states?  What type of treatment did she get?

She was in contact with the first person who died.  Not sure how either were exposed. 
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,871
    Looks like Trump and Pence are finally getting real, and properly conveying info as advised by experts. This is the first US presser I have seen in over 3 years that actually seems reasonable.... aside from the little religious plug.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,350
    edited March 2020
    PJ_Soul said:
    Looks like Trump and Pence are finally getting real, and properly conveying info as advised by experts. This is the first US presser I have seen in over 3 years that actually seems reasonable.... aside from the little religious plug.
    Is this a joke?

He came out, bragged that he had a conference call with major CEO's, declared victory about the Fed slashing rates, bitched about fake news, and stormed off like a spoiled 5 year old child upset his mommy wouldn't let him have a chocolate bar.

Do you even remember what it was like when we had a real leader and POTUS in charge?
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • PJ_Soul said:
    i am watching too. i missed trump speak, but i kind of figured i knew what he was going to say. pence seems way more presidential, but i still do not believe much of what he says. he is a fucking slimeball too.

edited March 2020
    We do not have a POTUS right now.

We have a spoiled narcissist dick that really doesn't wanna have to be bothered by all this and is only concerned about how much it will impact his reelection.

• CO278952CO278952 Posts: 1,343
    Nothing will satisfy some of you. Don’t get all bent out of shape it is not good for your immune system. 
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden 07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa 5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin 9.3.24 MSG 9.4.24 MSG
  • YAKIMATSUYAKIMATSU Santa Fe Posts: 836
    edited March 2020
    "I'm very happy and we are doing a great job"

That is properly conveying info?

"Relax"
    Post edited by YAKIMATSU on
    Soldier Field 7-11-95, Alpine Valley 6-26-98, United Center 6-29-98, Riverport Amphitheater (St. Louis)7-2-98, MGM Grand Arena 10-22-00, Sprint Center (Kansas City)5-3-10, Adams Event Center (Missoula)9-30-12, Wrigley Field 7-19-13, Jobing.com Arena (Phoenix)11-19-13, Moda Center (Portland)11-29-13, Spokane Arena 11-30-13, Pepsi Center (Denver)10-22-14, Gila River Arena (Phoenix)5-9-22, Moody Center (Austin)9-18-23, Moody Center 9-19-23, Rogers Arena (Vancouver)5-4-24, Rogers Arena 5-6-24, MGM Grand 5-16-24, MGM Grand 5-18-24, Wrigley Field 8-29-24, Wrigley Field 8-31-24
    CO278952 said:
    Nothing will satisfy some of you. Don’t get all bent out of shape it is not good for your immune system. 
    I expect him to stand up there for the entire goddamn press conference and answer questions like an actual fucking president would.

How dare I ask so much of Dear Leader?!?
  • Saltzy23 said:
    CO278952 said:
    I expect him to stand up there for the entire goddamn press conference and answer questions like an actual fucking president would.

How dare I ask so much of Dear Leader?!?
    i agree. it is a very bad optic that he is not on that stage right now.

Nyc schools shut down until April 20th. all businesses have to go to 50%  occupancy. Calling it a wartime approach.  Wow
This discussion has been closed.