The coronavirus

Comments

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,383
    mace1229 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I belong to plant fitness but for now this will have to do.  I d love to get an elliptical or bike. 
    Is that a shake weight in there?
    Oh hell no
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    CM189191 said:
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Just read that the cdc recommends schools stay closed for six to eight weeks.  This really is surreal.  Are you guys allowing your kids to play with neighborhood kids?  What level of self quarantine is everyone doing.   @oftenreading Thank you for all you do, please be safe and try to remain healthy.  

What about food? Just eat everything in cans and freezer? No more take out? Restaurants seems to be the hardest hit as that’s the most exposure to each other.

No more food shopping, that’s probably the highest exposure?

2 weeks ago some experts were predicting 40-70% contamination and that seemed far fetched at the time. Not so much anymore. I don’t know if I can go without takeout. I know my wife will not unless we have martial law.
    Do you guys not know how to cook?  Check out The Food Thread on AET, we can help you!
    Wait... There's a food thread?!

at the grocery store today they were completely out of pasta, red sauce, and ground beef.  It was at that point I realized nobody knows how to cook anymore. 

I bought a corned beef, Swiss cheese, a loaf of pumpernickel, and some sauerkraut. Going to make a monster sandwich tomorrow.
    At my grocery store today they only things they were out of were tp and flour. Flour? Is everyone going to take up baking in their spare time? 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927
    CM189191 said:
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Just read that the cdc recommends schools stay closed for six to eight weeks.  This really is surreal.  Are you guys allowing your kids to play with neighborhood kids?  What level of self quarantine is everyone doing.   @oftenreading Thank you for all you do, please be safe and try to remain healthy.  

What about food? Just eat everything in cans and freezer? No more take out? Restaurants seems to be the hardest hit as that’s the most exposure to each other.

2 weeks ago some experts were predicting 40-70% contamination and that seemed far fetched at the time. Not so much anymore. I don’t know if I can go without takeout. I know my wife will not unless we have martial law.
    Do you guys not know how to cook?  Check out The Food Thread on AET, we can help you!

at the grocery store today they were completely out of pasta, red sauce, and ground beef.  It was at that point I realized nobody knows how to cook anymore. 

I bought a corned beef, Swiss cheese, a loaf of pumpernickel, and some sauerkraut. Going to make a monster sandwich tomorrow.
    At my grocery store today they only things they were out of were tp and flour. Flour? Is everyone going to take up baking in their spare time? 

I don't understand why people don't have flour at home. That's like basic stock. 
  • CM189191 said:
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Flour, sugar, and other basics for the kitchen should always be on hand, with an extra supply.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,666
    I'm a home gym guy.

In my basement I have adjustable dumbbells up to 95 lbs, bands, pull up/chin up bar, padded gym floor, adjustable bench, mounted corner tv, sonos/spotify, other workout accessories.  

You couldn't pay me to go to a gym.  I can get out of bed and get a great workout done in 30 mins and still be home.  No commute time, no idiots, no smell, no monthly fee, no contracts.  

• bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,945
    MayDay10 said:
    I'm a home gym guy.

In my basement I have adjustable dumbbells up to 95 lbs, bands, pull up/chin up bar, padded gym floor, adjustable bench, mounted corner tv, sonos/spotify, other workout accessories.  

You couldn't pay me to go to a gym.  I can get out of bed and get a great workout done in 30 mins and still be home.  No commute time, no idiots, no smell, no monthly fee, no contracts.  

My god...your home gym sounds better than the gym I pay to go to! 
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,582
    Another excellent Osterholm video.  Very informative and helpful:

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 6,388

• brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,582
    tish said:

:lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    My dad's hairdresser told him America started the coronavirus in China in order to take them out but it backfired by spreading around the world. What do you think about that theory?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Posts: 19,071
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
    edited March 2020
    228 cases, 4 deaths so far..
    Post edited by 23scidoo on
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• rhanishanerhanishane Posts: 505
    23scidoo said:
    228 cases, 4 deaths so far..
    5 deaths now
  • My dad's hairdresser told him America started the coronavirus in China in order to take them out but it backfired by spreading around the world. What do you think about that theory?
    That your father's hairdresser is a silly fool.
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,097
    My dad's hairdresser told him America started the coronavirus in China in order to take them out but it backfired by spreading around the world. What do you think about that theory?
    I think we should stop accepting epidemiology theories from hairdressers. There's enough garbage to sift through that we should absolutely stop sharing information, unless we're sharing information from qualified sources - especially when there's racist or nationalist rhetoric embedded in the info. The fact is: regardless of how this started, we're here. Now. Getting through it is what matters.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
    I've seen this theory shared around Facebook too. That it was a biological attack by the USA to cripple China as they are a growing superpower.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Posts: 3,461
    edited March 2020
    I think it’s true! If you wanna take out China, definitely use a virus with a 1% death rate. Subtle. It’s brilliant. 

............. sarcasm ......
    Post edited by JPPJ84 on
  • RenfieldRenfield Posts: 1,054
    JPPJ84 said:
    I think it’s true! If you wanna take out China, definitely use a virus with a 1% death rate. Subtle. It’s brilliant. 

............. sarcasm ......
    :lol:
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,666
    I also read that Bill Gates made it and released it because he already has the vaccine to sell everybody.  Lol
  • I heard the tooth fairy and Santa Claus created it.
    The guy working at the gas station and Twitter told me.
    Makes about as much sense.

• PapPap Posts: 28,733

Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
    I heard from my colleague's cousin's best friend's mother's aunty that it is a hoax.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,316
    That your father's hairdresser is a silly fool.
    Is she Chinese? 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    what in the fudge is going on with Mr. Hanks?
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,515
    edited March 2020
    Yesterday I was asking if people think it’s  safe to get any food from outside the home, not knowing the health status of any employees of the restaurants preparing the food and everyone else in and out of the establishment 

sure enough, at 12.30 am, right after I finished an episode of The Expanse, two bad cases of what appears to be food poisoning started here, there and everywhere. In over many years of being a parent and spouse, never had that kind of cleanup situation

Now combine that with our constant washing of hands and cleaning surfaces lifestyle now, ugh what a night. Things calmed down 4.30am. One patient resting comfortably now and the other is improved but so so. And my stomach ain’t exactly rock solid after that cleanup duty.

It seems to be something they ate, since both occurred almost same time and had the same sandwich. I’m thinking odds are the restaurant is so paranoid about disinfecting maybe a few disinfectant drops ended up in food. We’ve ordered there before
    , it’s a popular place, and never went thru something like it.

so it seems to be related to covid but not actually covid?  Edit, no fever no coughing thankfully 
    Post edited by Lerxst1992 on
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,659
    Jason P said:
    what in the fudge is going on with Mr. Hanks?
    From 3 days ago....

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,135
    https://apple.news/A5SatTuYhRUGo18UXwjIP5A
    Damn talk about a dangerous situation how can it not spread!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • MalrothMalroth Posts: 2,512
    What's next? Is this level of quarantine working?
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
This discussion has been closed.