The coronavirus

Comments

• Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,350
    edited March 2020
    Saltzy23 said:
    CO278952 said:
    Nothing will satisfy some of you. Don’t get all bent out of shape it is not good for your immune system. 
    I expect him to stand up there for the entire goddamn press conference and answer questions like an actual fucking president would.

How dare I ask so much of Dear Leader?!?
    i agree. it is a very bad optic that he is not on that stage right now.
    He's done the same thing at every one of these.

Comes out.  Talks about how beautiful everything is and what a great job he's doing, and walks off.

It's who he is.

How low is the bar for some people?  He came out, claimed victory over Fed rates and how fantastic everything is going and walked off without taking a single question.

Seriously, have some of you people completely forgotten what an actual president is supposed to do during the time of a national crisis?

Incredible....honestly incredible.  The bar cannot possibly be any lower.
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,310
    damn man that is awful. sorry to hear about that.

sudden cardiac death doesn't typically just happen. She had to have had an underlying predisposition that nobody knew about. i am interested to see what the autopsy concludes.
    Yes she could very well have had un-diagnosed heart disease or something, especially in the late 50's. 
  • CO278952CO278952 Posts: 1,343
    Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    CO278952 said:
    Nothing will satisfy some of you. Don’t get all bent out of shape it is not good for your immune system. 
    I expect him to stand up there for the entire goddamn press conference and answer questions like an actual fucking president would.

Comes out.  Talks about how beautiful everything is and what a great job he's doing, and walks off.

It's who he is.

How low is the bar for some people?  He came out, claimed victory over Fed rates and how fantastic everything is going and walked off without taking a single question.

Seriously, have some of you people completely forgotten what an actual president is supposed to do during the time of a national crisis?

Will tune into the debate tonight to hear what the other two contenders for the job are offering up
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden 07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa 5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin 9.3.24 MSG 9.4.24 MSG
    CO278952 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    CO278952 said:

It's who he is.

Will tune into the debate tonight to hear what the other two contenders for the job are offering up
    There is no bar low enough or distraction too easy to use to keep blinding yourself to the fact that you apparently continue to support a complete imbecile, even during a national emergency.
  • CO278952CO278952 Posts: 1,343
    edited March 2020
    Saltzy23 said:
    CO278952 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    CO278952 said:

It's who he is.

There is no bar low enough or distraction too easy to use to keep blinding yourself to the fact that you apparently continue to support a complete imbecile, even during a national emergency.
    I’m not smart enough to understand what you are saying. Take care and enjoy the tour. 
    Post edited by CO278952 on
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden 07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa 5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin 9.3.24 MSG 9.4.24 MSG
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,945
    Please try not to get this thread locked. We saw what happened to the other coronavirus thread. Thanks. 
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    Alberta schools closed indefinitely. Sounds like we now have community spread here now.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,580
    We just got word that California's governor Newsom is asking everyone over 65 years of age here to stay home.  No problem governor, no problem at all!  I am SO relieved.  Working in the bookstore- even my shortened hours- has been nerve wracking and C., being an owner, has been there even more.  She was actually glad to get the news.  Now we can stay home and be a lot safer.  We did have to work part of the day and I had to do one last trip to the grocery store today, so I will feel even better in 4 or 5 days if no symptoms show up.  Then I will really be able to breathe easier. 

I hope you're all doing well out there. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,135
    The hospital I work in just canceled all elective surgeries till April 18th..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,666
    brianlux said:
    We just got word that California's governor Newsom is asking everyone over 65 years of age here to stay home.  No problem governor, no problem at all!  I am SO relieved.  Working in the bookstore- even my shortened hours- has been nerve wracking and C., being an owner, has been there even more.  She was actually glad to get the news.  Now we can stay home and be a lot safer.  We did have to work part of the day and I had to do one last trip to the grocery store today, so I will feel even better in 4 or 5 days if no symptoms show up.  Then I will really be able to breathe easier. 

That's great!  Well, considering the situation that is...

I got the go ahead to work from home for awhile which is a relief.  Kids are off until April 20th at a minimum.  My 6 year old son (turns 7 next week) has asthma which makes me nervous.  My in-laws and step dad are also uniquely vulnerable.
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,316
    brianlux said:

Brian, if you were concerned and your wife was concerned, why did you wait for the governor to tell you what to do? 

Honest question and no judgment meant in the question. Did they offer some relief?
    hippiemom = goodness
    edited March 2020
    Who decides if a surgery is considered elective or not?

Seriously.

Is it just anything that is not considered life and death?
  • CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927
    Saltzy23 said:

our entire executive management was in vegas for a conference 2 weeks ago.  100s of our employees. 
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,831
    edited March 2020
    Saltzy23 said:

Seriously.

Probably.   We all need to work together to keep this country going.  368 dead in Italy today.   

No more games.  No more focus on winning and losing politically.  No more ignoring this as no big deal.    We need to do the right thing even if in the end it was a little overboard.  

If you aren’t a fucking doctor then listen to the experts.  Sick of the petty behavior.   

Edit:  not attacking anyone here.  Just annoyed with some family members not taking it seriously.
    MayDay10 said:
    brianlux said:

That's great!  Well, considering the situation that is...

I got the go ahead to work from home for awhile which is a relief.  Kids are off until April 20th at a minimum.  My 6 year old son (turns 7 next week) has asthma which makes me nervous.  My in-laws and step dad are also uniquely vulnerable.

Glad you can work at home, MayDay.  Good thoughts for your son and in-laws, I hope they stay well!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

brianlux said:

Brian, if you were concerned and your wife was concerned, why did you wait for the governor to tell you what to do? 

Honest question and no judgment meant in the question. Did they offer some relief?

Fair enough question, Cincy, no problem.

I had already told C. that I will mostly only work in the storage room/ behind the scenes.  She felt an obligation to her other employees to keep things going but was already seriously  considering shutting down.  The announcement from the gov made the decision much easier- kind of gave her an out from being the bad guy.  Besides which, it is her and her business partners' store.  I can make suggestions but I respect their autonomy as far as the store goes.  I've been there 18 1/2 years.  They've been running it 36 years.

No relief for used bookstore businesses.  We have one full time employee who may keep it open part-time.  If not, we'll be tightening belts.

Go to Your Local Pub': While Experts Call for Social Distancing, Rep. Devin Nunes Advises People to Leave Their Homes

https://time.com/5803470/devin-nunes-coronavirus-covid-19/
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,504
    What I don't get is if this is successful, and closing everything down slows it down... doesn't this mean we'll be dealing with it for month and months?  So many decisions are for 2 weeks to 6 weeks... but it would seem if those actions work, it could go on a very long while.. of which I wonder how long it can go on for before people go nuts.
    Zod said:
    What I don't get is if this is successful, and closing everything down slows it down... doesn't this mean we'll be dealing with it for month and months?  So many decisions are for 2 weeks to 6 weeks... but it would seem if those actions work, it could go on a very long while.. of which I wonder how long it can go on for before people go nuts.
    Dude, welcome to a new reality for a while. I don't see how this doesn't take at least 2 months to blow over.  

People are already going nuts.

Life is about to get seriously weird for an indefinite period of time.
    Saltzy23 said:
    Zod said:
    Dude, welcome to a new reality for a while. I don't see how this doesn't take at least 2 months to blow over.  

People are already going nuts.

Life is about to get seriously weird for an indefinite period of time.
    our work travel is already cancelled through the end of april.  not restricted. straight up cancelled.

no visitors allowed in the office. 

people who are able to work from home  should not come into the office.

it's ok though, we only have like 31k employees, so it's not that big of a deal
    Zod said:
    Yeah, it seems to be a delicate balance. You want it to run it's course, but not to be overwhelmed by it. I don't think there is any perfect solution.
    Seeing that Vegas is closed and they are shutting down all NYC restaurants except for pick up and delivery just put a shiver down my spine.

This is fucking surreal.
  • Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    I can’t believe I’m thinking about going to the store and stocking up on essentials. Marlboro Lights, coffee, canned no sugar added mangos.

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,253
    Laughing at some Americans stockpiling on guns. Wtf is wrong with people?
    Honestly, stockpiling guns and ammo makes more sense than toilet paper and water bottles to me at this point.
  • myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    Saltzy23 said:

Seriously.

Several major categories of common elective procedures include:
    • Plastic surgery. Cosmetic or reconstructive surgery that improves appearance and in some cases, physical function.
    • Refractive surgery. ... 
    • Gynecological surgery. ... 
    • Exploratory or diagnostic surgery. ... 
    • Cardiovascular surgery. ... 
    • Musculoskeletal system surgery.
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,945
    dignin said:

Go to Your Local Pub': While Experts Call for Social Distancing, Rep. Devin Nunes Advises People to Leave Their Homes

This shit is so irresponsible, it makes my blood boil. These are the messages that are brain-washing people (I know some personally) into thinking this is no big deal. Haven’t been this pissed off at the political mess this country is in quite some time. Fucking embarrassing. 
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,831
    bbiggs said:
    dignin said:

This shit is so irresponsible, it makes my blood boil. These are the messages that are brain-washing people (I know some personally) into thinking this is no big deal. Haven’t been this pissed off at the political mess this country is in quite some time. Fucking embarrassing. 
    I know some too and it makes me livid.  I have to bite my tongue as best I can because I don’t want to get in a argument with family and ruin relationships.  I just want to yell “You are the problem, you are the ones who won’t let this country move forward, you are the ones who are taking about a president no longer in office,  etc....”.
    dignin said:

Because Nunes says so.  Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.  Got it.  :lol: 

This discussion has been closed.