The coronavirus

Comments

• SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 6,388
    Our PM spoke with Trump yesterday. No pressure to conform to Trumps Euro ban. Saying citizen pressure on Fed Gov't is US posing danger as far as slowing spread here goes. 
    We have to self isolate now. My daughters boyfriend  is ill with fever and cough. She is at his house but came here 2 days ago and me and my 2 year old shared  a cake with her.And her house . My son with asthma  lives there.  This just got very real.
    Take it easy. Sorry to hear. I called Mom yesterday and asked her to limit contact with my other siblings as they have high social exposure after hearing one of them visited her this week.

Be well  :)
  • stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,365
    We have to self isolate now. My daughters boyfriend  is ill with fever and cough. She is at his house but came here 2 days ago and me and my 2 year old shared  a cake with her.And her house . My son with asthma  lives there.  This just got very real.

@lastexitlondon
    Please take care of yourself and your family. 
    Keep us posted
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,583
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Friend of a friend that works in the WH saying Trump is going to kill domestic and int'l flights.  I don't believe it, but that's the rumor.  Makes no sense to kill domestic.  
    Would it make more sense to require they limit capacity like movie theaters are doing? Squeezing three people next to each other seems like the sort of activity they're trying to avoid with all of these other social distancing measures. 

That sounds like a reasonable solution.  What we need these days is more reasonable solutions- good show!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• PapPap Posts: 28,733
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,114
    brianlux said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Friend of a friend that works in the WH saying Trump is going to kill domestic and int'l flights.  I don't believe it, but that's the rumor.  Makes no sense to kill domestic.  
    Would it make more sense to require they limit capacity like movie theaters are doing? Squeezing three people next to each other seems like the sort of activity they're trying to avoid with all of these other social distancing measures. 

That sounds like a reasonable solution.  What we need these days is more reasonable solutions- good show!
    That said, you couldn't pay me to get on a plane right now!
  • PapPap Posts: 28,733
    edited March 2020
    Post edited by Pap on
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,469
    Yes i will. This  place is like crack. I cant keep away
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,583
    pjl44 said:
    brianlux said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Oh my god, no way!  Nor a cruise ship!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,469
    edited March 2020
    Ive been taking vitamin  d3 for a week . There is evidence  its helpful  in the immune system against respiratory infections. Worth trying. https://youtu.be/W5yVGmfivAk
    Post edited by lastexitlondon on
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,945
    pjl44 said:
    brianlux said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:

My sister in law just flew in yesterday and is staying at my house.  So we might as well have been on that plane.  Ughhh.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,005
    Friend of mine lives in Colorado and is very smug about all that is happening with the rest of the US.

"Nothing going on here, nothing to worry about folks!" is her response and constant posts.  I hope that she and all that rally w her have the strength to endure it when it reaches them.
    edited March 2020
    Ive been taking vitamin  d3 for a week . There is evidence  its helpful  in the immune system against respiratory infections. Worth trying. https://youtu.be/W5yVGmfivAk
    I don't have any D3, but I've had the top down for some sunshine in the Spyder, cranking the two new PJ songs. The music comes out the Bose speakers in the car seat. Isn't that cool? I'll have to see if D3 is part of the vitamin D we get from the sun because I'm limiting supermarket outings. 

Stay hopeful!

Edits: Oops, just realized OP here said they are thinking about life w/o a car. Hope that wasn't you?? If so, I apologize for the insensitivity.
    Post edited by Spunkie on
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Posts: 19,071
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,286
    OIL OF OREGANO. Believe me when I tell you, it is amazing for your immune system. 
    pjl44 said:
    brianlux said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Not sure how I feel about this right now. I thought about heading down to Florida for a little while. My thought process is the planes are not crowded and they are cleaner than ever. I live in NY and own a retail store. I feel like I’m at a higher risk at my store, in the gym or even just grocery shopping than on a 3 hour flight to Florida. 
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,945
    nicknyr15 said:
    OIL OF OREGANO. Believe me when I tell you, it is amazing for your immune system. 
    Do you make it or purchase it (Vitamin Shoppe for example)?  Sorry if it's a dumb question. 

bbiggs said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Do you make it or purchase it (Vitamin Shoppe for example)?  Sorry if it's a dumb question. 

Not a dumb question. You purchase it. Read about it. It’s worked wonders for me over the past two years. 
    Anyone on here from Italy?

Anyone know anyone with it yet?
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,135
    My son is down in Vero beach with girlfriend they are flying back on Sunday, it is what it is he’s fine the flight is not to bad 3hrs .
    he has N95 masks for both of them gloves & sanitizers..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    nicknyr15 said:
    I am on my third day of taking it.

I did read that after 3 weeks to not take it for a week.

Are you doing that?
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Posts: 19,071
    ONLY pharmacies and food stores will be open from tomorrow..bars and restaurants closed..
    right decision from government, we are about ten days from Italy's numbers..
    don't know yet how i will get through this without job..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
    @tempo_n_groove: nope and nope. Although, I because acutely attuned to the societal piranha problem those persons have. Soon, my pretty...
    edited March 2020
    My son is down in Vero beach with girlfriend they are flying back on Sunday, it is what it is he’s fine the flight is not to bad 3hrs .
    he has N95 masks for both of them gloves & sanitizers..
    I know this is overboard, but I had bought googles too, were I to take a flight. I saw that he can adjust the airflow vent to aim it forwards to avoid potential small droplets. I figured it would also help the kid keep hands off of face. 
    Post edited by Spunkie on
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,312
    'There are two scandals in this event thus far: The first is the disbanding of the White House pandemic office and the testing issue.  Here is an excellent write up from the director under Obama.  It's a goddam travesty.  

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/nsc-pandemic-office-trump-closed/2020/03/13/a70de09c-6491-11ea-acca-80c22bbee96f_story.html#comments-wrapper
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,114
    nicknyr15 said:
    pjl44 said:
    brianlux said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Not sure how I feel about this right now. I thought about heading down to Florida for a little while. My thought process is the planes are not crowded and they are cleaner than ever. I live in NY and own a retail store. I feel like I’m at a higher risk at my store, in the gym or even just grocery shopping than on a 3 hour flight to Florida. 
    If you're talking one person per row I could get behind that. The usual 2 or 3 and I'm out. My other concern in your scenario is getting stuck somewhere if they do halt air travel. If you can swing being in Florida a few weeks, no big deal I guess. But I wouldn't want to get caught up in the chaos of trying to get a one-way car rental or whatever.
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,097
    I've got a trip booked to Patagonia at the end of the month. Don't think that's happening anymore :( 
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
    nicknyr15 said:
    I am on my third day of taking it.

I did read that after 3 weeks to not take it for a week.

Are you doing that?
    I’m on my second year and I’ve never missed a day. I’m not saying it’s right or wrong. I honestly don’t know. During cold or flu season, or if someone around me gets sick I’ll ramp up the drops. Otherwise I stick to 1 or 2 drops daily. 
  • Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,135
    https://apple.news/AmwThzp3cTIKhGgJyUGLjsw
    Nothing to worry about folks Jarred has it all under control just like the opioid crisis & peace in the Middle East! In other words he has saved the world.
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
This discussion has been closed.