Options

The coronavirus

Comments

• Options
    tish said:
    Are hospital staff in phase 1 in the US?

Found it weird they are in phase 2 here in Sweden.
    Who is in phase 1 there?

Phase 1
    - People who live in special housing for the elderly or have home care
    - Personnel in elderly care, health and medical care and other care personnel who work close to people as above.
    - Close household contacts to people who have home care.

Phases 2 and 3
    - Other persons 70 years and older
    - Other staff in health and care who work close to patients and care recipients with an increased risk of becoming seriously ill in covid-19
    - Other persons aged 18–69 who belong to risk groups

Phase 4
    Other persons aged 18–69 who do not belong to risk groups.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,678
    Many of my colleagues had no symptoms overnight and only a few had some (headache, chills, etc)

I’m already starting to feel much better, and am hearing the same from those around me.  Overall it sounds like the side effects are pretty mild, just don’t make any big plans the first 24-36 hours after you get it I would say
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,975
    Thanks for the first hand information. And for your front line battles!
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,411
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,565
    Many of my colleagues had no symptoms overnight and only a few had some (headache, chills, etc)

I’m already starting to feel much better, and am hearing the same from those around me.  Overall it sounds like the side effects are pretty mild, just don’t make any big plans the first 24-36 hours after you get it I would say
    Thanks for the updates.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,475
    My wife just got vaccinated at work she’s a assistant director at the hospital she works at..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    I wish I had a wife
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options

But reality did not become like any of FHM's scenarios. It got worse.

In a comparative modeling developed by SVT Nyheter, it is seen that the second wave is significantly higher than what the authority predicted.

According to FHM's scenario 1, the highest peak during the year would mean around 1,100 newly enrolled covid-19 patients in hospital during week 39, then it would drop to around a hundred around Christmas.

But the increase started later, became higher and does not yet appear to be declining.

According to the latest information from the National Board of Health and Welfare, the number of newly enrolled covid patients was close to 1,500 during week 47. The statistics are lagging behind, so there may be more.

I love Sweden.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,139
    I wish I had a wife
    agnes is available
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,305
    My wife just got vaccinated at work she’s a assistant director at the hospital she works at..
    Great news. Hopefully you're not too far behind.
  • Options
    marjenmarjen CT Posts: 805
    my mother works at a hospital and is scheduled to get the vaccine Saturday. This makes me happy as she is one of those who thinks she is safe but does a lot of risky things. Hoping it goes without issue, I assume it will. 
  • Options
    I wish I had a wife
    To shovel? 
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,610
    edited December 2020
    tish said:
    I wish I had a wife
    To shovel? 
    Is this a murder joke, or some expression I have never heard.. haha..?

Here is the bones of Freddy Krueger using a shovel:

• Options
    Lol ^ no. Dancingkind made a joke this morning on this thread.

But, I hear ya. Not the best time in the world not to paired up. Hugs, Spiritual guy.
  • Options
    dankind said:
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    At the 14 hour mark I’m getting some pretty bad chills and a mild temperature but no other symptoms.  Felt good most of the day though.  

I’m 28, active and healthy, no medications or medical conditions 

This is a totally normal immune response and not unexpected.  If anything, it’s proving to me that I’d never want to get the actual virus itself and reaffirming my decision to get vaccinated 

How did you get the vaccine. Are you a health care worker?
    Either that or a 4 digit 10 club number.
    Hahah I wish that was the case

but yes I’m a resident at a hospital outside of Boston

24 hour update, the chills went away after about 4 hours, but still having a good amount of fatigue today.  Kind of the classic “feels like you got hit by a truck” statement.
    Hope you don't have to shovel today.
    Feel better.
    My wife should be done with our driveway and walk soon. Should I send her his way when she's done here?
    Sc ^
  • Options
    tish said:

But, I hear ya. Not the best time in the world not to paired up. Hugs, Spiritual guy.
    i gather he's looking for more than hugs. 

given how many pictures he takes from his bed in the vinyl spinning thread. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    tish said:

i gather he's looking for more than hugs. 

given how many pictures he takes from his bed in the vinyl spinning thread. 

• Options
    HAHA love Bill Burr
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Leaked prices for the vaccin, from Belgium:

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,475
    https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1339654427570036743?s=21
    The scenario of this administration doing this would not surprise me at all..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844

Interesting that there is a price listed for Sanofi/GSK, given that they suspended their trial due to poor immune response and are considering whether to reformulate or scrap it altogether. That makes me question the accuracy of this source. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    The vaccine 💉 is free of charge in Belgium.  So what is that list???
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    The vaccine 💉 is free of charge in Belgium.  So what is that list???
    Free of charge to the public, which I think it will be pretty much everywhere, but someone still pays - ie, the government. I assume that reflects cost per dose from the manufacturer, but would expect economies of scale. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    Yes this is the price a gov pays.  
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,610
    edited December 2020

Interesting that there is a price listed for Sanofi/GSK, given that they suspended their trial due to poor immune response and are considering whether to reformulate or scrap it altogether. That makes me question the accuracy of this source. 
    Don't see how that would affect the info/list.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    rgambs said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Ridiculous imo. 
    What strikes me as ridiculous is the degree to which our society and economy depends on and revolves around people being too lazy to cook for themselves lol
    Obviously I don't want to see businesses closing and people losing livelihoods, but there are too many damn restaurants to begin with!  
    We are approaching a year since we have eaten take out (with the exception of a single pizza from our favorite joint for a birthday celebration) and it really isn't a big deal, even with full time jobs.  

i suppose if you're referring to KFC and mcdonald's, maybe. but my wife and I love to go out and share a nice dinner that is cooked for us to perfection, while we sit and relax with a glass of wine. 

sometimes we even like to take the kids. LOL

has zero to do with laziness. it's about enjoying each other's time. 

Yuck.  Have not eaten at a McDonald's KFC type of fast food drive through joint since 2003 and I never will again.

Going to go out on a limb and guess that Gambs doesn't put that garbage in his body, either. 

Straight up poison.  I don't even consider that food. 

I love eating at restaurants for myriad reasons, one of which is that I get the night off.  Own up to that, no problem. 
    Look forward to when I can eat food other people cooked again - but until then I will continue avoiding. 
    I know this was ages ago already lol but I wasn't talking about eating out on occasion for the pleasure of it...I was speaking to the millions upon millions of Americans who get the majority of their meals from outside the home from all levels, from FF junk to sit-down joint takeout.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Whip up some nice vegan food at home instead. 

BEETROOT IS A GOD SEND:

• Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,414

Thanks for the updates. Calming anxiety and concerns for others, perhaps. I believe you are the first poster to share of their experience. You're a bit of a celebrity. :wink:
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

BEETROOT IS A GOD SEND:

This message approved by an unrepentant meat-eater!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    rgambs said:

BEETROOT IS A GOD SEND:

This message approved by an unrepentant meat-eater!
    "I am an eater of beets."
    --Jitterbug Perfume
    I SAW PEARL JAM
This discussion has been closed.