The coronavirus

Comments

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,135
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    no Mention of China in Ed’s letter? Why? They are global bullies. And they caused this. The world needs to stand up to them. 
    lol you want Ed to call out China lol , how about the supreme leader stand up to bullies! Man it’s unreal how unrealistic people are. 
    they postponed the spring leg because of the incompetence of our president not China’s!
    I want THE WORLD to call out China. The spring leg is postponed because of an outbreak of a virus that started in China because of their complete disregard for everything. Am I wrong? If the European tour is postponed, who’s fault would that be? I’m just curious. I don’t give a fuck about trump. Let’s make believe he doesn’t exist. Is that possible for some of you? 
    The world lol yeah ok America’s incompetence should be absorbed by the world , tell us who dismantled Obama’s initiatives that were put in place when Ebola hit the fan I’ll give you one guess his orange ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,312
    nicknyr15 said:
    JimmyV said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    JimmyV said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    JimmyV said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    no Mention of China in Ed’s letter? Why? They are global bullies. And they caused this. The world needs to stand up to them. 
    lol you want Ed to call out China lol , how about the supreme leader stand up to bullies! Man it’s unreal how unrealistic people are. 
    they postponed the spring leg because of the incompetence of our president not China’s!
    I want THE WORLD to call out China. The spring leg is postponed because of an outbreak of a virus that started in China because of their complete disregard for everything. Am I wrong? If the European tour is postponed, who’s fault would that be? I’m just curious. I don’t give a fuck about trump. Let’s make believe he doesn’t exist. Is that possible for some of you? 

He is the President of the United States. His words and actions matter. We shouldn't need to pretend he doesn't exist.  
    🤦🏻‍♂️ 
    If/ when the European tour gets canceled, who’s to blame? 

The virus?
    Ok. 
    If the President tells us this just like the flu, that it is contained, that it will just go away and none of that is true, who's to blame?
    In America, he is. I just wish you would understand I’m not defending him. I’m just looking at the bigger picture. 
    The bigger picture is that blaming China isn't going to resolve anything.  Nor will it stop a future outbreak.  The fact that we are heavy trading partners with China is not why this virus is spreading around the world.  Unless you are arguing that we should isolate China like North Korea, then none of what people are complaining about regarding China would have prevented this virus from starting or spreading.  So I don't understand to what end this conversation is even happening.  The trade issues, slave labor, currency manipulation has nothing to do with this virus or the spread of it.  
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,005
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    JimmyV said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    JimmyV said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    JimmyV said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

He is the President of the United States. His words and actions matter. We shouldn't need to pretend he doesn't exist.  
    🤦🏻‍♂️ 

The virus?
    Ok. 
    If the President tells us this just like the flu, that it is contained, that it will just go away and none of that is true, who's to blame?
    In America, he is. I just wish you would understand I’m not defending him. I’m just looking at the bigger picture. 
    The bigger picture is that blaming China isn't going to resolve anything.  Nor will it stop a future outbreak.  The fact that we are heavy trading partners with China is not why this virus is spreading around the world.  Unless you are arguing that we should isolate China like North Korea, then none of what people are complaining about regarding China would have prevented this virus from starting or spreading.  So I don't understand to what end this conversation is even happening.  The trade issues, slave labor, currency manipulation has nothing to do with this virus or the spread of it.  
    The trade issues, slave labor, currency manipulation has nothing to do with this virus or the spread of it.  

Another brick in the wall comes to mind though, no?
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    JimmyV said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    JimmyV said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    JimmyV said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

🤦🏻‍♂️ 

The virus?
    Ok. 
    The trade issues, slave labor, currency manipulation has nothing to do with this virus or the spread of it.  

what do you mean?
  • Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,350
    edited March 2020
    LOL at anyone defending this pile of shit as he is actively tweeting what a fantastic job his administration has done handling this while the numbers of infected people go through the roof and the stock market is nose diving.

I don't blame him for what is going on, as that would be insane, but watching him spike the fucking football about how great and beautiful of a job he is doing while Rome is burning is making me wanna put my fist through my moniitor.

What....WHAT does it take for the supporters of this man to acknowledge that he is a CON ARTIST, used car salesman mongoloid with the intelligence of my morning shit and the leadership and management skills of a strip joint bathroom jizz cleaner.
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,516
    mace1229 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    dignin said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Are they touring China? Must have missed that announcement.
    Yeah no reason for any of that in the letter.

I do agree with the sentiment that the world should have discussions with China regarding this.  And businesses should take this into consideration for future as well.  There is a cost to that low cost labor and propping up that government. 
    Yes. No reason for that in the letter. I’m just bringing up a point that no one stands up to China and it’s getting bad. 
    I agree. The new green deal means nothing when we outsource almost all of our products to a country that doesn't care. Raising minimum wage isn't as effective when we rely on a country that uses child labor. Not having a green deal and keeping more business here would actually be far better for the environment. Tighter restrictions without involving China just means more business to China and in the end worse for the environment. So any politician that fights for a green deal and doesn't stand up to China is just playing politics, they aren't in it for the environment.
    But a tour announcement isn't really the place to start all that.

Maybe half of our political culture should stop turning regulation into something that should be vilified?

Perhaps if china had a competent FDA we wouldn't have messes like this?
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,516
    nicknyr15 said:

. How are we supposed to progress when one of the largest nations seem to not give a shit? 
    Don't throw stone in glass houses.

please dont.

Eventually we need him in public again playing riffs.
    Saltzy23 said:
    LOL at anyone defending this pile of shit as he is actively tweeting what a fantastic job his administration has done handling this while the numbers of infected people go through the roof and the stock market is nose diving.

I don't blame him for what is going on, as that would be insane, but watching him spike the fucking football about how great and beautiful of a job he is doing while Rome is burning is making me wanna put my fist through my moniitor.

What....WHAT does it take for the supporters of this man to acknowledge that he is a CON ARTIST, used car salesman mongoloid with the intelligence of my morning shit and the leadership and management skills of a strip joint bathroom jizz cleaner.
    Anytime you can compare someone to a jizz mopper, you know you've got a good rant going.  
  • stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,365
    nicknyr15 said:

. How are we supposed to progress when one of the largest nations seem to not give a shit? 

please dont.

:clap:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    JimmyV said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    JimmyV said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    JimmyV said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

🤦🏻‍♂️ 

The virus?
    Ok. 

what do you mean?
    None of what you mentioned has any direct effect on the virus but in the whole of China actions it's another brick in the wall.
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    JimmyV said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    JimmyV said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    JimmyV said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

🤦🏻‍♂️ 

The virus?
    Ok. 

what do you mean?
    None of what you mentioned has any direct effect on the virus but in the whole of China actions it's another brick in the wall.
    Sure, that's true.  But removing reliance on China will take a generation.  This means resurrecting TPP, buying back our bonds (which means increasing taxes, cutting entitlements, cutting defense, etc.), establishing new manufacturing sectors in Malaysia, Vietnam, etc.  "Calling them out" will do nothing to stop this scenario from recurring.  What they eat, and how they sell at markets is cultural.  The secrecy is endemic to the Communist gov't.  They hold the cards because they fundamentally control our economy right now.  
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,253
    JimmyV said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    JimmyV said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    JimmyV said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

🤦🏻‍♂️ 

The virus?
    Ok. 
    Are you suggesting Trump is to blame on how Europe handles the virus? I fail to see how he would be responsible for another continent with their own leadership.
    mace1229 said:
    JimmyV said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    JimmyV said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    JimmyV said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

🤦🏻‍♂️ 

The virus?
    Ok. 
    Are you suggesting Trump is to blame on how Europe handles the virus? I fail to see how he would be responsible for another continent with their own leadership.
    Trump is responsible for his cutting of CDC budget.  Trump is responsible for deconstructing the pandemic preparedness of the gov't that Obama established.  He's responsible for calling it a hoax, telling people to go to work, saying the cases would be "zero" very soon.  He's responsible for our CDC refusing to participate and receive teh test kits that Germany developed 45 days ago.  And now we have a massive shortage.  Trump is responsible for refusing to tell seniors not to travel.  He bears some responsibility as to how containment appears to have failed in this country.  
    The WHO just declared a pandemic.

Game over.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,659
    Its officially a pandemic!
    I'll be heading to my bunker now

Was Australia the tipping point or Antarctica?  What was the straw that broke this one I wonder?
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 6,401
    What does the upgrade in wording entail?
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,253
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    JimmyV said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    JimmyV said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    JimmyV said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

🤦🏻‍♂️ 

The virus?
    Ok. 
    Trump is responsible for his cutting of CDC budget.  Trump is responsible for deconstructing the pandemic preparedness of the gov't that Obama established.  He's responsible for calling it a hoax, telling people to go to work, saying the cases would be "zero" very soon.  He's responsible for our CDC refusing to participate and receive teh test kits that Germany developed 45 days ago.  And now we have a massive shortage.  Trump is responsible for refusing to tell seniors not to travel.  He bears some responsibility as to how containment appears to have failed in this country.  
    Okay. What does that have to do with Europe?
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    JimmyV said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    JimmyV said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    JimmyV said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

🤦🏻‍♂️ 

The virus?
    Ok. 
    Don't forget the beautiful, beautiful tests that are perfect.....like the phone call with the Ukraine....like the transcripts....

Fuck this fat fucking waste of life.
    edited March 2020
    Air Canada will now remove 100$ per person per way flight change fee for bookings made prior to March. Unfortunately, must rebook by end of December 2020. My options to rebook next weeks Disney Cruise have slightly improved. Disney offered a whole year from date of sailing which the airline hasn't matched thus far. I have been on a 72 hour call back list from a "lead" who can make exceptions.
    Post edited by Spunkie on
    mace1229 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    JimmyV said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    JimmyV said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    JimmyV said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

🤦🏻‍♂️ 

The virus?
    Ok. 
    Okay. What does that have to do with Europe?
    Maybe I got lost in the thread.  I didn't read that Jimmy was blaming Trump for Europe.  I don't care about Europe, only Sweden.  

How much cognitive dissonance do you need to have to defend the person that tweeted this, as the POTUS, on the day the WHO declares a pandemic and the stock market is down 1,200 fucking points?!? 
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,584
    edited March 2020
    EDIT:  Sorry, my link starts in the middle and the beginning is not to be missed.  Start at the beginning and watch it all.  Best info yet.

Well worth watching the whole video.  This is the best info I've found yet and Osterholm's credentials are excellent.  Highly recommended.

Post edited by brianlux on
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Posts: 1,019
    brianlux said:
    EDIT:  Sorry, my link starts in the middle and the beginning is not to be missed.  Start at the beginning and watch it all.  Best info yet.

Well worth watching the whole video.  This is the best info I've found yet and Osterholm's credentials are excellent.  Highly recommended.

Absolutely something we all should watch.

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,062
    edited March 2020
    497 infected in Sweden
    1 has died (from being infected in Sweden).

Big gatherings (over 500 people) forbidden for two months. 

Which means...

... THE NICK CAVE CONCERT I WAS GOING TO IS FUCKEEEEED

The Public Health Authority proposes that the government introduce a ban on public gatherings with more than 500 people throughout the country.

The government is following the proposal, says Finance Minister Per Bolund (MP) to Sweden Radio's news program Ekot.

"It is an infection protection measure that can have an effect on the situation we are in now," says Johan Carlson, Director General of the Public Health Authority.

Earlier today, the government also announced that "qualifying day of sickness" is being abolished in its work against the coronavirus.

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

Was Australia the tipping point or Antarctica?  What was the straw that broke this one I wonder?
    Trumps daftness maybe.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,119
    mace1229 said:
    JimmyV said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    JimmyV said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    JimmyV said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

🤦🏻‍♂️ 

The virus?
    Ok. 
    No, I am suggesting that Trump is responsible for his own words, actions, and piss poor leadership. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    nicknyr15 said:

please dont.

Haha. Took me a minute.
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,197
    Saltzy23 said:

How much cognitive dissonance do you need to have to defend the person that tweeted this, as the POTUS, on the day the WHO declares a pandemic and the stock market is down 1,200 fucking points?!? 
    Will Team Trump Treason call National Review a soon be out of business? Sums it up quite nicely.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/11/politics/national-review-donald-trump-coronavirus/index.html
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    ^ that was funny. should I rebook cruise to October? rebook it to September and do Ohano PJ sun night for extra 600? or try to get flight exemption and rebook next spring break? (That last option is kinda depressing thinking the future would be the same a year from now... but anyway...)

What I am asking is there any hope this will be better by the fall?
    Should I just go now while Disney cruise has no cases and there are free ventilators?

(I am middle aged and healthy travelling with healthy kid)
This discussion has been closed.