The coronavirus

Comments

• Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,197
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    CM189191 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    no Mention of China in Ed’s letter? Why? They are global bullies. And they caused this. The world needs to stand up to them. 

No mention of tRUmp in Ed's letter? Why?  He is a global bully.  He caused this.  The world needs to stand up to him.

Trump says he supports UK leaving EU without a Brexit deal
    Trump says he will withdraw from NAFTA
    Trump withdrawing from the Trans-Pacific Partnership
    Trump threatens to withdraw from World Trade Organization
    Obsessed. You take my post as defending trump. All I’m saying is it seems easy to blame him and even easier to leave China out because of the stranglehold they have on the world. Man there are some loonies out here. I can’t imagine being that obsessed with a president. You make the birth certificate wackos seem normal. 
    You clearly haven’t been paying attention.
    Unfortunately I have. 
    Then you would have read the WHO Report I linked to yesterday and had many of your questions and concerns perhaps addressed. But I don’t think you did. It’s only 40 pages, summarized quite nicely and easy to read for a “technical” report. No pictures though.
    You are a terrible human. That’s what I’ve gathered from stopping in AMT. Condescending and incredibly rude. Do you talk down to everyone ? Is that your thing? 
    Is your thing to spout nonsense as fact and not to take the time or effort to educate yourself with readily available facts? Or go after Ed because he spoke truth to power? Or scapegoat an entire nation because of the incompetence of your government? Is that your thing?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,286
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    CM189191 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    no Mention of China in Ed’s letter? Why? They are global bullies. And they caused this. The world needs to stand up to them. 

No mention of tRUmp in Ed's letter? Why?  He is a global bully.  He caused this.  The world needs to stand up to him.

Obsessed. You take my post as defending trump. All I’m saying is it seems easy to blame him and even easier to leave China out because of the stranglehold they have on the world. Man there are some loonies out here. I can’t imagine being that obsessed with a president. You make the birth certificate wackos seem normal. 
    Unfortunately I have. 
    Then you would have read the WHO Report I linked to yesterday and had many of your questions and concerns perhaps addressed. But I don’t think you did. It’s only 40 pages, summarized quite nicely and easy to read for a “technical” report. No pictures though.
    You are a terrible human. That’s what I’ve gathered from stopping in AMT. Condescending and incredibly rude. Do you talk down to everyone ? Is that your thing? 
    Is your thing to spout nonsense as fact and not to take the time or effort to educate yourself with readily available facts? Or go after Ed because he spoke truth to power? Or scapegoat an entire nation because of the incompetence of your government? Is that your thing?
    I was warned about you by multiple people. That says more than I can ever say. 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,484
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    CM189191 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Unfortunately I have. 
    i can already predict the response to this. Just don't bother. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    CM189191 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Unfortunately I have. 
    i can already predict the response to this. Just don't bother. 
    Lol. I won’t. Thanks for the advice. 
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    CM189191 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Unfortunately I have. 
    You are a terrible human. That’s what I’ve gathered from stopping in AMT. Condescending and incredibly rude. Do you talk down to everyone ? Is that your thing? Let’s see if you can respond without mentioning your obsession, trump. 
    A word of advice, I don't think you will have to worry about posting in the AMT for long if you continue down this path. 

As an aside, Halifax is great. A treasure of the AMT.
  • chiwhitesoxchiwhitesox Posts: 696
    From the glass half full side of things!

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/young-people-capitalize-cheap-coronavirus-flights-if-i-die-i-n1154326

You panic stricken shitbirds need to chill a bit.
    - Chicago G

chicago98-chicago00-chicago03-east troy03-chicago06-chicago09-east troy11_2-chicago13-moline14-milwaukee14-lexington16-chicago16_1-chicago16_2-chicago18_1-chicago18_2
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,114

dignin said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    CM189191 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Unfortunately I have. 
    You are a terrible human. That’s what I’ve gathered from stopping in AMT. Condescending and incredibly rude. Do you talk down to everyone ? Is that your thing? Let’s see if you can respond without mentioning your obsession, trump. 
    A word of advice, I don't think you will have to worry about posting in the AMT for long if you continue down this path. 

Down what path? Not agreeing with everything that you and Halifax say? What does that say about you? Weird. 
  • CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927
    nicknyr15 said:
    dignin said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    CM189191 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Unfortunately I have. 

Down what path? Not agreeing with everything that you and Halifax say? What does that say about you? Weird. 

every accusation is a confession
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,312
    nicknyr15 said:
    dignin said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    CM189191 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Unfortunately I have. 

No, he means calling H2M a terrible person.  That will get you warned here, at a minimum.  No wants to see anyone get booted..  well almost anyone.. 
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    nicknyr15 said:
    dignin said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    CM189191 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Unfortunately I have. 

Just trying to give you friendly advice about personal insults, and you respond with an insult. It's a great look.

Doesn't bother me, I've got a thick skin. Others, not so much.
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,114
    nicknyr15 said:
    dignin said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    CM189191 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Unfortunately I have. 

It takes a little while to figure out who not to bother replying to. Maybe get in a quick jab if they toss up a softball but otherwise it's better to disengage completely. 
    pjl44 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    dignin said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    CM189191 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Unfortunately I have. 

It takes a little while to figure out who not to bother replying to. Maybe get in a quick jab if they toss up a softball but otherwise it's better to disengage completely. 
    I’ll adjust. 
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,005
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    CM189191 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Unfortunately I have. 
    Yes, he does.

My .02
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,253
    mace1229 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    dignin said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Are they touring China? Must have missed that announcement.
    Yeah no reason for any of that in the letter.

I do agree with the sentiment that the world should have discussions with China regarding this.  And businesses should take this into consideration for future as well.  There is a cost to that low cost labor and propping up that government. 
    Yes. No reason for that in the letter. I’m just bringing up a point that no one stands up to China and it’s getting bad. 
    I agree. The new green deal means nothing when we outsource almost all of our products to a country that doesn't care. Raising minimum wage isn't as effective when we rely on a country that uses child labor. Not having a green deal and keeping more business here would actually be far better for the environment. Tighter restrictions without involving China just means more business to China and in the end worse for the environment. So any politician that fights for a green deal and doesn't stand up to China is just playing politics, they aren't in it for the environment.
    But a tour announcement isn't really the place to start all that.
    So where does this end -- should a country trade with a country that is not in the Paris Agreement? I mean, would that country be in it for the environment?
    Don't know about the end. But lets start by reducing our dependency and reliance on China instead of digging deeper into it. Lets begin to pay off our debt to them instead of doubling it with every president. At this point we are so in debt to China and rely on them for so much we really have no say on what goes on over there. 
    Anyone who cares about the environment should care about our national debt and our depedency on China. Now look where we are at, China is threatening to kill Americans by without vital products. We need to rebuild our own infrastructure so we can have a say in what China does.
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    dignin said:
    nicknyr15 said:

I do agree with the sentiment that the world should have discussions with China regarding this.  And businesses should take this into consideration for future as well.  There is a cost to that low cost labor and propping up that government. 
    Yes. No reason for that in the letter. I’m just bringing up a point that no one stands up to China and it’s getting bad. 
    I agree. The new green deal means nothing when we outsource almost all of our products to a country that doesn't care. Raising minimum wage isn't as effective when we rely on a country that uses child labor. Not having a green deal and keeping more business here would actually be far better for the environment. Tighter restrictions without involving China just means more business to China and in the end worse for the environment. So any politician that fights for a green deal and doesn't stand up to China is just playing politics, they aren't in it for the environment.
    So where does this end -- should a country trade with a country that is not in the Paris Agreement? I mean, would that country be in it for the environment?
    Don't know about the end. But lets start by reducing our dependency and reliance on China instead of digging deeper into it. Lets begin to pay off our debt to them instead of doubling it with every president. At this point we are so in debt to China and rely on them for so much we really have no say on what goes on over there. 
    Anyone who cares about the environment should care about our national debt and our depedency on China. Now look where we are at, China is threatening to kill Americans by without vital products. We need to rebuild our own infrastructure so we can have a say in what China does.
    People will call us "isolationists" and "nationalists" if we start relying on our country to stand on it's own 2 feet.

I mean that tongue in cheek but this is the type of conversations that start when certain political figures make mention of this.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,135
    nicknyr15 said:
    lol you want Ed to call out China lol , how about the supreme leader stand up to bullies! Man it’s unreal how unrealistic people are. 
    they postponed the spring leg because of the incompetence of our president not China’s!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    dignin said:
    nicknyr15 said:

People will call us "isolationists" and "nationalists" if we start relying on our country to stand on it's own 2 feet.

I mean that tongue in cheek but this is the type of conversations that start when certain political figures make mention of this.
    Sorry, but there's no way mass manufacturing is coming back to the States.  We are too comfortable with $400 65" Tv's and the like.  Americans haven't made a sacrifice since WWII.  However, we should have a global supply chain that is centered with free and open countries, not closed dictatorships.  Again... TPP.  
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,135
    dignin said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    CM189191 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Unfortunately I have. 

This^^^^^ 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    dignin said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Sorry, but there's no way mass manufacturing is coming back to the States.  We are too comfortable with $400 65" Tv's and the like.  Americans haven't made a sacrifice since WWII.  However, we should have a global supply chain that is centered with free and open countries, not closed dictatorships.  Again... TPP.  
    I'd like to debate this elsewhere so we stay on topic.

PM maybe?
    nicknyr15 said:
    lol you want Ed to call out China lol , how about the supreme leader stand up to bullies! Man it’s unreal how unrealistic people are. 
    they postponed the spring leg because of the incompetence of our president not China’s!
    I want THE WORLD to call out China. The spring leg is postponed because of an outbreak of a virus that started in China because of their complete disregard for everything. Am I wrong? If the European tour is postponed, who’s fault would that be? I’m just curious. I don’t give a fuck about trump. Let’s make believe he doesn’t exist. Is that possible for some of you? 
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,253
    edited March 2020
    I would argue debating China's bad practices is on topic with the coronaviris. The fact many countries rely on them so much is why they got away with not cooperating and sharing information about the virus when it started. Do you think Mexico would have gotten away with doing what China did? But if we start a thread this is an interesting topic I'd visit. I just don't want all the email notifications...
    Post edited by mace1229 on
    mace1229 said:
    I would argue debating China's bad practices is on topic with the coronaviris. The fact many countries rely on them so much is why they got away with not cooperating and sharing information about the virus when it started. Do you think Mexico would have gotten away with doing what China did?
    Hell no they wouldn’t have. 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,119
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    I want THE WORLD to call out China. The spring leg is postponed because of an outbreak of a virus that started in China because of their complete disregard for everything. Am I wrong? If the European tour is postponed, who’s fault would that be? I’m just curious. I don’t give a fuck about trump. Let’s make believe he doesn’t exist. Is that possible for some of you? 

He is the President of the United States. His words and actions matter. We shouldn't need to pretend he doesn't exist.  

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    dignin said:
    nicknyr15 said:

I'd like to debate this elsewhere so we stay on topic.

PM maybe?
    PM or a trade thread.  I don't know how many would be interested, but I am.  And I'm a not a tariff or isolationist guy; however, I do think equity of labor standards is critical for fair trade.  
    JimmyV said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

He is the President of the United States. His words and actions matter. We shouldn't need to pretend he doesn't exist.  
    🤦🏻‍♂️ 
    If/ when the European tour gets canceled, who’s to blame? 

nicknyr15 said:
    JimmyV said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

🤦🏻‍♂️ 

The virus?

JimmyV said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    JimmyV said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

🤦🏻‍♂️ 

The virus?
    Ok. 
    nicknyr15 said:
    JimmyV said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    JimmyV said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

🤦🏻‍♂️ 

The virus?
    Ok. 
    If the President tells us this just like the flu, that it is contained, that it will just go away and none of that is true, who's to blame?

JimmyV said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    JimmyV said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    JimmyV said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

🤦🏻‍♂️ 

The virus?
    Ok. 
    If the President tells us this just like the flu, that it is contained, that it will just go away and none of that is true, who's to blame?
    In America, he is. I just wish you would understand I’m not defending him. I’m just looking at the bigger picture. 
This discussion has been closed.