The coronavirus

Comments

• Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,834
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    static111 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I was at the doctor's last week for a sinus infection and a nurse taking my vitals swears that he heard from another big wig government doctor that this virus was a man made weapon and somehow leaked out of the lab.  The reason that it isn't killing children is because it was meant to take out the adult population.  
    Sounds legit! I think I will pass this on to as many people as I can.
    I hope the fuck you are kidding.
    If not, I might have to make you the first person I put on ignore. 
    Or hope you bet banned.
    brianlux said:
    static111 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I was at the doctor's last week for a sinus infection and a nurse taking my vitals swears that he heard from another big wig government doctor that this virus was a man made weapon and somehow leaked out of the lab.  The reason that it isn't killing children is because it was meant to take out the adult population.  
    I still want to know what's up with this comment.  Come clean, man.
    Lord almighty. Do you think he's saying here that he hopes to contract the virus and pass it onto someone? He's saying he'll "pass on" the information about the big wig goverment doctor's claim that the virus is a man-made weapon. 
    I read it as total sarcasm.
    Well that could be. He might be saying that the big wig government doctor's claim is bullshit and so he's sarcastically saying it sounds legit and will pass it on. But he's certainly not suggesting what I think brianlux thinks he's suggesting. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,587
    brianlux said:
    static111 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Or hope you bet banned.
    brianlux said:
    static111 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Lord almighty. Do you think he's saying here that he hopes to contract the virus and pass it onto someone? He's saying he'll "pass on" the information about the big wig goverment doctor's claim that the virus is a man-made weapon. 

I don't know.  That's why I asked.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    brianlux said:
    static111 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Or hope you bet banned.

I realize sarcasm does not translate well to the printed word on social media. Of course this is a sarcastic post.  FFS people losing their minds out here.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,491
    I read it as total sarcasm as well. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    static111 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Don't forget.. Obama's Fault
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,312
    static111 said:
    brianlux said:
    static111 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Or hope you bet banned.

I realize sarcasm does not translate well to the printed word on social media. Of course this is a sarcastic post.  FFS people losing their minds out here.
    Brian's sarcasm detector has been on the fritz lately. 
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    static111 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Or hope you bet banned.
    brianlux said:
    static111 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I read it as total sarcasm.
    Ding ding ding we have a winner. Honestly I thought that opening with Sounds Legit was a sure way to take the post out of the realm of seriousness.
    Scio me nihil scire

• hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Hold up!  Don't let this thread devolve like the others :no_mouth:
    Not a surprise with all the clowns running the show out there and the people that eat it up. I mean it’s just the flu nothing new to see here. Also Obama
    Scio me nihil scire

• brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,587
    OK, I guess it's me.  I'll leave ya'll be for now.  Bye.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

hedonist said:
    I will do my part by not replying unless I absolutely feel the need to be ridiculous.
    Scio me nihil scire

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,387
    Sitting at my desk, grading some essays, all of a sudden I turn to the left and literally six inches from my face is one of my students: "I feel like I"m going to puke, can I go to the nurse?"    fml
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,491
    mcgruff10 said:
    was this doctor actually Dean Koontz?
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    static111 said:
    hedonist said:
    I will do my part by not replying unless I absolutely feel the need to be ridiculous.
    ;)
    mcgruff10 said:
    Dr. Randall Flagg
    Scio me nihil scire

static111 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Dr. Randall Flagg
    Disease... disease...spreading the disease.. with some help from Captain Tripps, bring the world down to its knees...

Nice Stand reference..
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Dr. Randall Flagg
    Disease... disease...spreading the disease.. with some help from Captain Tripps, bring the world down to its knees...

Nice Stand reference..
    Believe it or not, King actually responded to comparisons to The Stand...

2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Dr. Randall Flagg

Nice Stand reference..

It's really one of the great American novels of the 20th century.  I think it's a fantastic book.  

mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Dr. Randall Flagg

Nice Stand reference..

It's really one of the great American novels of the 20th century.  I think it's a fantastic book.  
    I should re-read it. I read it like 15 years ago. I'm actually re-reading The Shining right now so maybe I'll read that next. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,062
    CM189191 said:
    The virus has reached my hometown of Trollhättan. Worried about my parents a bit. Both is getting up there in age. And mom works in a restaurant so she runs into a lot of people. And dad has had some lung problems in the past.

FIRST GENERAL MOTORS FUCKS SAAB FLINT-STYLE -- AND NOW THIS?!
    Maybe you need more political parties.  That would probably solve all your problems. 
    Your jealousy shines through.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,005
    New Rochelle is on lockdown...

And so the rest will follow suit soon?
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Dr. Randall Flagg

Nice Stand reference..

I love King and I haven't read that one, really need to.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,205
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Dr. Randall Flagg

Nice Stand reference..
    Who gets to be Trash Can Man?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    rgambs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Dr. Randall Flagg

Nice Stand reference..

It's his best book, except maybe Different Seasons IMO.  

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    mrussel1 said:
    rgambs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Dr. Randall Flagg

Nice Stand reference..

It's his best book, except maybe Different Seasons IMO.  
    Please read the Dark Tower series.  It is so much better than the disaster of a movie
    Scio me nihil scire

• SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 6,404
    Great minds think alike! I thought of making one of those early on today. I like step #7 the BEST.
    I really, really like the Dark Tower series.  The genre blending is superb, the characters are rich, and it has an epic tone that really sticks with you.
    Ka is a wheel.
    tish said:
    Great minds think alike! I thought of making one of those early on today. I like step #7 the BEST.
    I dug this one more though

tish said:
    I dug this one more though

Ew.  Did they write this in 6th grade?
This discussion has been closed.