The coronavirus

Comments

• bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,946
    I just had antibody test done here at work available for all employees..
    Cool.  Wouldn't it be great if you got the results that you have antibodies and never even knew you had the virus?  Perfect world scenario with this thing.

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,005
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    I love that her shirt says "moose"
    That too is classic , I’ll never ever touch a gas handle without gloves again for the rest of my life! 
    Luckily in New Jersey we don't pump our own gas!!!

You serious?  So how does that work?  I imagine the price at the pump is higher to offset the added expense.  Do you have to tip them?
    Oh heck no. I pull up to the gas station, give them my card and tell them to fill it regular.  That is it.  I paid $1.89 for regular yesterday.  
    Your car takes regular?  Is it a 78 Nova?
    I always put regular in my car.  Are you a 93 guy?  
    Nah, you're probably not old enough to remember 'regular' meant leaded back in the day.  You'd say "fill it up with regular" to the attendant, vs "unleaded". 
    Aaaah I did not know that.  lol.  
    Old man joke...
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,135
    bbiggs said:
    Cool.  Wouldn't it be great if you got the results that you have antibodies and never even knew you had the virus?  Perfect world scenario with this thing.

Would not be surprised would love to be able donate my plasma..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,005
    pjl44 said:
    As an asymptomatic cropduster, this is a huge relief

Did Trump ask about this too?
    mcgruff10 said:
    how long does it take to get results?
    5-8 days they’ll email my results 
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Posts: 19,075
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,312
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    That too is classic , I’ll never ever touch a gas handle without gloves again for the rest of my life! 

You serious?  So how does that work?  I imagine the price at the pump is higher to offset the added expense.  Do you have to tip them?
    Oh heck no. I pull up to the gas station, give them my card and tell them to fill it regular.  That is it.  I paid $1.89 for regular yesterday.  
    Nah, you're probably not old enough to remember 'regular' meant leaded back in the day.  You'd say "fill it up with regular" to the attendant, vs "unleaded". 
    Old man joke...
    Im not old,  I'm 47. You could have called me Dennis. 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,387
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Old man joke...
    Im not old,  I'm 47. You could have called me Dennis. 
    Damn boomer I didn’t realize you were born in 1947.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • KatKat Posts: 4,831
    We are going to get through this nightmare. Be safe all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LcLqIHzNkY

Falling down,...not staying down
    Kat said:

Yes , thanks you too.
    edited May 2020
    Kat said:

Kat, any talk of PJ doing something like this?  Maybe rock out Quick Escape?  Pretty please?  All it takes is a quick text to Ed.  
    Post edited by Kat on
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,424
    Truck loads of dead pigs flying around here. Worth more to kill and cash in on taxes, insurance and gov handouts than feed them for a few extra weeks for packing plants to catch up. 
  • KatKat Posts: 4,831
    mcgruff10 said:
    Kat said:

Kat, any talk of PJ doing something like this?  Maybe rock out Quick Escape?  Pretty please?  All it takes is a quick text to Ed.  
    I haven't heard of any plans at this time. My fingers are crossed also. :) Stay safe, mcgruff. :)
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,114
    pjl44 said:
    As an asymptomatic cropduster, this is a huge relief

Did Trump ask about this too?
    If it was spread through farts, I'm sure he would be on top of looking into which air fresheners are most effective in combating it
    Kat said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Kat said:

I haven't heard of any plans at this time. My fingers are crossed also. :) Stay safe, mcgruff. :)
    You stay safe as well!!!  Thank you for the reply.  
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 Posts: 23,035
    so, new cases in red states are rising the last few days. why are they being allowed to open up with this many new cases?
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    so, new cases in red states are rising the last few days. why are they being allowed to open up with this many new cases?
    Fake cases.  Duh
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 Posts: 10,739
    bbiggs said:

Why?  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,588
    mcgruff10 said:
    Fake cases.  Duh

LOL.

It amazes me that so many people (a small percentage, for sure, but still a lot) think the coronavirus is fake. 

I had a dream last night that some lady and her kid walked up to me (strange- why a lady and her kid?) and she told the kid to come up to me and say hi.  The kid got close and I asked him nicely to please keep some distance and the mom said, "Oh, it's OK.  This whole virus thing is fake, don't worry."  Riiiiiight.  I just backed off from them both.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

bbiggs said:

Why?  
    If I tested positive for antibodies that would tell me that I had the virus and was asymptomatic.  So for me, it would be perfect world scenario to know that I had the virus and survived it and would potentially be immune from getting it again.  Those of us who have not had it still have a high likelihood of getting it at some point and no guarantee as to our outcome. 
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,114
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:

Why?  
    If I tested positive for antibodies that would tell me that I had the virus and was asymptomatic.  So for me, it would be perfect world scenario to know that I had the virus and survived it and would potentially be immune from getting it again.  Those of us who have not had it still have a high likelihood of getting it at some point and no guarantee as to our outcome. 
    All of this AND you could donate plasma to help those who get one of the rough cases
    pjl44 said:
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:

Why?  
    All of this AND you could donate plasma to help those who get one of the rough cases
    Yes!  I left out one of the most important parts.  Helping others with bad symptoms would be a great thing.

As states ease coronavirus restrictions, some are taking a 'significant risk,' Fauci says

More than 30 states will have started easing social distancing restrictions for coronavirus by week's end -- and some are taking a "really significant risk" in doing so, the nation's top infectious disease expert says.

As the British like to put it, Brilliant!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

Watching the noon news today, they were showing thousands of people congratulating in close quarters, many without masks, in a non-permitted protest demanding to end restrictions and open businesses.  I support the right to protest- that is an important concept of democracy- but I can't understand how foolish these people are putting themselves and others at risk. 

At the end of hiss daily COVID-19 update today, during the question and answer period Governor Newsom was asked to respond to the protests and he really kept his cool, emphasizing the good work that has been done to flatten the curve in this state, reminding people that this is not a partisan issue, that we're all affected by it.  He kept his cool so amazingly well.  I would not be able to do that.  Newsom is working hard in the best interest of residents of this state.  Yet people call him a tyrant and and ego maniac.  Where do they get that?  They must not be following the updates.  I get go damned pissed off by fools who don't practice safe measures around this virus.  How the hell can people be so stupid?  I don't get it.

brianlux said:

As states ease coronavirus restrictions, some are taking a 'significant risk,' Fauci says

More than 30 states will have started easing social distancing restrictions for coronavirus by week's end -- and some are taking a "really significant risk" in doing so, the nation's top infectious disease expert says.

Potentially another 18-24 months of this. Hard to comprehend that scenario. 
    bbiggs said:
    brianlux said:

Yes, and majorly depressing. 

I have to stop watching the news or figure out how to filter out the news about fools and focus on the news about the heroes and the people who are working hard to get us through this thing.  I get too caught up in the bullshit of idiots. 

• Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,211
    brianlux said:

Brilliant brilliance beyond all brilliancy!
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    brianlux said:
    bbiggs said:
    brianlux said:

Yes, and majorly depressing. 

I have to stop watching the news or figure out how to filter out the news about fools and focus on the news about the heroes and the people who are working hard to get us through this thing.  I get too caught up in the bullshit of idiots. 
    Sure is.  I'm going to be optimistic that there will be ways to safely bring some state of normalcy back long before then.  Effective testing and tracing seems to be the most likely answer to allow that.  If this went 18-24 months with no real improvement, the mental health damage to society would wreak more havoc than the virus.

• jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    brianlux said:
    Watching the noon news today, they were showing thousands of people congratulating in close quarters, many without masks, in a non-permitted protest demanding to end restrictions and open businesses.  I support the right to protest- that is an important concept of democracy- but I can't understand how foolish these people are putting themselves and others at risk. 

At the end of hiss daily COVID-19 update today, during the question and answer period Governor Newsom was asked to respond to the protests and he really kept his cool, emphasizing the good work that has been done to flatten the curve in this state, reminding people that this is not a partisan issue, that we're all affected by it.  He kept his cool so amazingly well.  I would not be able to do that.  Newsom is working hard in the best interest of residents of this state.  Yet people call him a tyrant and and ego maniac.  Where do they get that?  They must not be following the updates.  I get go damned pissed off by fools who don't practice safe measures around this virus.  How the hell can people be so stupid?  I don't get it.
    The one in Huntington Beach? I just saw that on the news as well. Massive number of people, no masks, no social distancing. Orange County should see another spike in a couple of weeks.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
This discussion has been closed.