The coronavirus

Comments

• 23scidoo23scidoo Posts: 19,071
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,515
    tbergs said:
    The fact that trying to save lives and combat the virus has become overly political enrages me, but doesn't surprise me because of who the president is. He purposely avoided taking any action and now provokes these assholes to liberate. Fuck all of this. Work together and figure out a way to save lives you asshole!
    I heard an interview with a scientist working on the remdesivir treatment make a comment about the hydroquiniolooo (sp??) controversy: We have become so divided in this country, people are arguing over a drug. It's insane.

The president has an equity interest in hydroquiniolooo and is advising citizens take the drug without scientific proof that it works against this disease nor whether it is safe to use in this crisis.

it is stunning that could be interpreted as a “both sides” debate. (Not saying that is your intent, but it seems to be by many of potus defenders)
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,113
    HHS discovers DuPont has a bunch of Tyvek on hand that can be made into coveralls for healthcare workers. But they can't easily buy direct since DuPont doesn't have a government contract. You'd think that could get knocked out fast but apparently it's easier to use someone who already has a contract as the middleman. Enter Grainger who is willing to be that middleman at the reasonable markup of 100%!

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1187061?__twitter_impression=true
    edited April 2020
    Mike D88 said:
    I'll save everyone a click: This is dumb, but also, what are they putting in the water? Let's get some thoughts on that.

That video is selfish, dangerous and possibly illegal if he were an American.

i have been able to figure out how to purchase everything I need from the comfort of my home. And if I cant get a delivery time from the grocers, I have figured out secondary ways to acquire perishable products from the comfort of my home, or by using drive thru windows, curbside deliveries or figuring out secondary vendors to buy online from.

Maybe I am really good with tech. I’d disagree as I am about average, but I have been able to teach my seasoned citizen mom how to shop like this. And to gauge how savvy her tech ability is, the lesson to forward and email took 20 minutes. The biggest regret there, was advising her to buy Apple instead of android. Apple is a horror of a software company. 
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,635

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    tbergs said:
    The fact that trying to save lives and combat the virus has become overly political enrages me, but doesn't surprise me because of who the president is. He purposely avoided taking any action and now provokes these assholes to liberate. Fuck all of this. Work together and figure out a way to save lives you asshole!
    I heard an interview with a scientist working on the remdesivir treatment make a comment about the hydroquiniolooo (sp??) controversy: We have become so divided in this country, people are arguing over a drug. It's insane.

The president has an equity interest in hydroquiniolooo and is advising citizens take the drug without scientific proof that it works against this disease nor whether it is safe to use in this crisis.

Even Vox couldn't run with this. Trump has some shares of Sanofi through a mutual fund. Hydroxychloroquine is a generic drug produced by about 15 different companies, of which Sanofi is one. And a single generic drug is not the bread and butter of a pharmaceutical company that brought in $40 billion last year.

https://www.vox.com/2020/4/7/21211872/trump-coronavirus-hydroxychloroquine-covid19-drugs-sanofi-owns
    pjl44 said:
    tbergs said:

Even Vox couldn't run with this. Trump has some shares of Sanofi through a mutual fund. Hydroxychloroquine is a generic drug produced by about 15 different companies, of which Sanofi is one. And a single generic drug is not the bread and butter of a pharmaceutical company that brought in $40 billion last year.

https://www.vox.com/2020/4/7/21211872/trump-coronavirus-hydroxychloroquine-covid19-drugs-sanofi-owns

Hmmmm....

"one of the largest manufacturers of the drug, Novartis, previously paid Trump’s now-incarcerated former personal attorney Michael Cohen more than $1 million for healthcare policy insight following Trump’s election in 2016."
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    23scidoo said:
    Very cool! Thumbs up to my fatherland  :)

I hope this is happening elsewhere. 
    edited April 2020
    pjl44 said:
    tbergs said:

Hmmmm....

"one of the largest manufacturers of the drug, Novartis, previously paid Trump’s now-incarcerated former personal attorney Michael Cohen more than $1 million for healthcare policy insight following Trump’s election in 2016."
    Hmmmmmmmm. I wonder if that's for

A. A favorable environment for pharmaceutical companies, being one with about a dozen billion dollar drugs

or

B. The hope that if a viral pandemic hits in 3 years, he'll stump for a generic antimalarial produced by 15 other companies 

Maybe a toss-up, but true healthcare geniuses know it's really B
    In short, yes, Novartis giving Michael Cohen a million bucks should throw up all sorts of red flags. But it has absolutely nothing to do with hydroxychloroquine.
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,945
    These protests seem to be picking up steam. This could turn into a real shit show sooner rather than later. 
  • wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    dankind said:
    Keep protesting together, rednecks, nice and tight like. 

Natural selection at work, folks. 

Define Redneck....to me this is just stupidity..
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• densandensan Posts: 563
    There is nothing like talking about Killing deer and making deer sausage. 
    Be different & make a difference. Decency & kindness @ a grassroots level works.
  • I know lots of us are dealing with moronic old relatives.  Frustrating!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,383
    I know lots of us are dealing with moronic old relatives.  Frustrating!
    Siblings too!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,059
    edited April 2020
    Have old cars somewhere on the property.

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Big mouth bass?!  Come on bro. Large mouth bass.  Typical red sox fan.  @dankind
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,832
    mcgruff10 said:
    Big mouth bass?!  Come on bro. Large mouth bass.  Typical red sox fan.  @dankind
    Largemouth to yankees. Bigmouth to Southerners. 

I think yankees also call specs crappies, which doesn’t sound like anything I’d ever want to catch and beer batter. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    I saw a stat yesterday that alcohol sales were up ~55% in the month of March.  Staying at home = higher alcohol intake.
    dankind said:
    mcgruff10 said:

I think yankees also call specs crappies, which doesn’t sound like anything I’d ever want to catch and beer batter. 
    Haha.  I didn't know what a spec was in your original post.  I must be a yankee. 

• nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,286
    pjl44 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    I guess redneck white trash is an acceptable slur here. 
    Just this thread's most recent example of Here’s Why People I've Decided to Hate Deserve to Die. It will probably crest in a couple weeks when a bunch of these people actually get sick.
    And then they'll expect the government to take care of it.

But still blame President Obama for them getting sick
    Digging deep 
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,059
    bbiggs said:
    I saw a stat yesterday that alcohol sales were up ~55% in the month of March.  Staying at home = higher alcohol intake.
    Combine that with women not being able to get away from the house, or away to call for support/help.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    bbiggs said:
    Combine that with women not being able to get away from the house, or away to call for support/help.
    Yeah.  Could lead to problems.

I also think two numbers will rise following the stay at home orders.  Pregnancies and divorces.  Speculating, of course.
    dankind said:
    mcgruff10 said:

I didn't know that, very cool.  Yes we call specs crappies, they are good eating no matter what you call them.   
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    bbiggs said:o
    You’re talking domestic violence I assume.

I’ve never been more thankful I no longer drink. Could’ve turned really bad in many ways. 
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,832
    bbiggs said:
    Yeah, I’ve signed a few petitions to close liquor stores (what Massholes call “packies”) here because of this. Also, because legal recreational cannabis was supposed to be equitable with liquor sales here, but the puritanical government decided to shutter recreational cannabis shops, small businesses that get zero assistance from the federal stimulus program because of what they sell. So I feel like if they’re truly equitable, then close the liquor stores, too. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    I guess redneck white trash is an acceptable slur here. 
    The original American insult
    Ummmm, sure. Sure it is.
    Historically when they first started colonizing England looked at the colonies as a place to put their “waste people” and “trash people” so in a lot of ways it is
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
This discussion has been closed.