The coronavirus

Comments

• Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    Oh. And yes I did

Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    Don't be scared
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,282
    Don't be scared
    You were told to go start a thread. I said you did and it got shut down. That’s half defending you. The regret is that you then came at me. I really don’t care. 
  • You know what you are doing sharing that video.
    If you don't....well, I'm sorry for you.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    You know what you are doing sharing that video.
    I know that I'm showing the idiocy of these protesters. I said that above yet you keep on talking shit.
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,316
    static111 said:
    The CCP must be made to pay for this.
    You realize that none of this would have happened if the world didn’t turn a blind eye to human rights abuses in China at the cost of getting cheap TVs and smart phones.  Anyone that’s out there buying cheap consumer goods is as responsible as anyone. Not China’s fault that the corporations of the west decided to do away with jobs in their own countries so they could make a higher profit off of Chinese labor.  Want to be mad at someone try the hundreds of corporations that move production offshore so they can report higher profits at the expense of labor both foreign and domestically.
    It’s always the big corporations. Jesus h Christ. 

Certainly moving manufacturing to China didn’t include all the potential costs that we are now paying. But this is far more about the government in China then any corporation. Always the corporations fault... Jesus h Christ.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,059
    order in the classroom. please. 

thank you
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    nicknyr15 said:
    Don't be scared
    You were told to go start a thread. I said you did and it got shut down. That’s half defending you. The regret is that you then came at me. I really don’t care. 
    Sorry I mistook your post. I didn't see it that way at first.
  • You know what you are doing sharing that video.
    I know that I'm showing the idiocy of these protesters. I said that above yet you keep on talking shit.
    The ask is that you take your conspiracy theory/ pot stirring elsewhere.  It has been asked before...just repeating that 
    I'm being honest in my feelings.  No shit talking.
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,282
    nicknyr15 said:
    Don't be scared
    Sorry I mistook your post. I didn't see it that way at first.
    All good 🤙🏼
    I do think statements from leaders that they may not be any events until 2022 are stupid and reckless. They don’t know, why stir the pot with that nonsense? The reality that everyone should be discussing is the data, the current situation and the trend. Pretending to know how the next 18 months is going to go is dumb. 

This is a day to day, week to week issue. 
    hippiemom = goodness
    You know what you are doing sharing that video.
    The ask is that you take your conspiracy theory/ pot stirring elsewhere.  It has been asked before...just repeating that 
    I'm being honest in my feelings.  No shit talking.
    Wtf you on about?
    Once again seeing you don't understand English, I'm showing the idiocy of these protesters.

Have you literally lived up to your username or are you deliberately playing stupid with me to piss me off?
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,059
    Says who?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Not worth the time for my response.  
    If you want to keep going on about China and your dad hairdresser, Facebook, revolution, University bannings, asking questions about covid Trump death, or whatever else I will just ignore.
    Keep on keeping on.

Put the bong down man, it's affecting your cognitive capacity
  • I'm being talked down to by TA.
    :rofl:.   

Yeah and?
    Says who?
    The medical community. It’s new. No one knows. They are doing their best with the bad or incomplete data they get. 

You think someone knows that is going to be like for the rest of 2020 let alone all of 2021?
    hippiemom = goodness
    I'm being talked down to by TA.
    :rofl:.   

I know what you are trying to do. You want me to lash out and get banned.
  • This is a day to day, week to week issue. 
    Says who?
    The medical community. It’s new. No one knows. They are doing their best with the bad or incomplete data they get. 

You think someone knows that is going to be like for the rest of 2020 let alone all of 2021?
    I think it makes sense to plan ahead with being cautious but agree 100% that the people making the decisions should be heavily informed by actual people of science and not politics.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,135
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/18/us/deportations-coronavirus-guatemala.html
    I guess this is one way to get rid of the virus this administration probably looked at it like killing two birds with one stone! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Mike D88Mike D88 Posts: 723
    pjl44 said:
    DewieCox said:
    rgambs said:
    I don't hate Joe Rogan, but he is definitely the moron's smart man.
    The dumbest people I know think he's just so smart lol
    He has interesting interests and doesn’t really alienate anybody with his views. Well rounded enough to let smarter people do the work.
    This is the point about Rogan that everyone who fills a diaper over him misses. His fans don't like him because they think he's smart. He tells you ten times in every podcast that he isn't. He has two areas of expertise: comedy and MMA. For everything else, he seeks out experts on certain topics and peppers them with questions from the average person's perspective. People appreciate humility which is why he has so much more of a following than those who shriek about him. 
    Nah. Rogan has a habit of lending a voice to debunked conspiratorial nonsense (just three months ago he gave birtherism a boost!) This veneer of curiosity and false balance lends him weight amongst simpletons.

We are living in the dumbest period of modern American history, where our centering institutions have destabilized, our governing social norms seem unenforceable, and our fast-food restaurants routinely insult one another on Twitter. Into this breach have stepped myriad articulate charlatans, aggro-provocateurs, and other confident dullards who seek to capitalize on the end of authority by using the internet to proclaim their own truths. Their goal is to convince the world’s least-informed people that they are actually the most-informed people, and they are very good at their jobs.
    That's Rogan to a T.
    i-Brzk3Rdjpg
    2008 Tampa - 2013 Buffalo - 2016 Tampa - 2016 Fenway II
    Audioslave 2005 MSG
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,383
    "it's just like the flu."
    NJ Gov Phil Murphy:

If you think this is “just the flu” – you are 100% wrong.

In just six weeks, we’ve lost 4,070 New Jerseyans to #COVID19. That’s more than CDC statistics show we’ve lost over the past three entire flu seasons COMBINED.

COVID-19 is more virulent than the flu. One person with COVID-19 can infect many, many more without showing any symptoms. Once someone is exposed, it can take a long time – as much as 14 days – to develop illness.

The hospitalization rate for COVID-19 is far greater than what it is for the flu. The general hospitalization rate for the flu is about one-tenth of 1% of cases. For COVID-19, it’s roughly 10%.

You are 100 TIMES MORE LIKELY to end up in the hospital.

We have vaccines that can protect against the flu. We have proven anti-flu therapies.

We’re at least a year away from a vaccine for #COVID19, and there are currently no proven therapies.

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,113
    Mike D88 said:
    pjl44 said:
    DewieCox said:
    rgambs said:
    He has interesting interests and doesn’t really alienate anybody with his views. Well rounded enough to let smarter people do the work.
    This is the point about Rogan that everyone who fills a diaper over him misses. His fans don't like him because they think he's smart. He tells you ten times in every podcast that he isn't. He has two areas of expertise: comedy and MMA. For everything else, he seeks out experts on certain topics and peppers them with questions from the average person's perspective. People appreciate humility which is why he has so much more of a following than those who shriek about him. 
    Nah. Rogan has a habit of lending a voice to debunked conspiratorial nonsense (just three months ago he gave birtherism a boost!) This veneer of curiosity and false balance lends him weight amongst simpletons.

We are living in the dumbest period of modern American history, where our centering institutions have destabilized, our governing social norms seem unenforceable, and our fast-food restaurants routinely insult one another on Twitter. Into this breach have stepped myriad articulate charlatans, aggro-provocateurs, and other confident dullards who seek to capitalize on the end of authority by using the internet to proclaim their own truths. Their goal is to convince the world’s least-informed people that they are actually the most-informed people, and they are very good at their jobs.
    That's Rogan to a T.
    That's a media person projecting their own goals. That couldn't be more of a 180 to how Rogan approaches his show. Everyone who dislikes him focuses on the serious guests, but 3/4 of his episodes are comics, fighters, musicians, athletes, etc. shooting the shit. If anything, that's a description of Jon Stewart or John Oliver 
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,197
    Mike D88 said:
    pjl44 said:
    DewieCox said:
    rgambs said:

That's Rogan to a T.
    Exactly. Anyone who proclaims they’re going to vote Team Trump Treason over Sleepy Woke Joe because they believe the stress of being POTUS hasn’t aged them has absolutely no credibility, zero, zilch, nada, none.

Capitalizing on the ignorance and stupidity of people. PT Barnum was right.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • if rogan is going to support trump and tell his followers to do so, he can fuck right off as far as i am concerned.

keep dumbing down that audience, joe.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    static111 said:
    The CCP must be made to pay for this.
    You realize that none of this would have happened if the world didn’t turn a blind eye to human rights abuses in China at the cost of getting cheap TVs and smart phones.  Anyone that’s out there buying cheap consumer goods is as responsible as anyone. Not China’s fault that the corporations of the west decided to do away with jobs in their own countries so they could make a higher profit off of Chinese labor.  Want to be mad at someone try the hundreds of corporations that move production offshore so they can report higher profits at the expense of labor both foreign and domestically.
    It’s always the big corporations. Jesus h Christ. 

Certainly moving manufacturing to China didn’t include all the potential costs that we are now paying. But this is far more about the government in China then any corporation. Always the corporations fault... Jesus h Christ.
    Would we be this entangled with China had companies not chose to use cheap labor with little to no labor and environmental protections so they could boost the bottom line?  This isn’t a China issue this is a human rights, and environmental issue brought to you by unregulated profit at all costs predatory capitalism.  

I don’t see any small mom and pop shops moving production to overseas unregulated labor markets.  The volume producers (corporations) with the most pull could have set any number of standards environmental or worker protection wise as a requirement for doing business yet they didn’t.  Why? Profits.  I mean what’s the point of moving labor offshore if you have to then provide the same labor protection and pay standards as at home? Why move production offshore if you have to still be held accountable to the same EPA standards at home.

so yes Jesus h Christ big corporations that have gone in deep with China are just as responsible as anyone including myself typing this on an iPhone that likely was made with underpaid labor amongst unsafe worker conditions with little regard for environmental protection.   You can’t point the finger at China without asking why? Or I guess you can if you are completely ignorant.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,831
    brianlux said:
    This is a little misleading.  They basically just repealed a rule in the tax code that was only a year old.  Of course,  the loss limitation was included as a revenue offset to the reduction in tax rates.  They just let people carry losses back instead of carrying losses forward to offset future income.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,659
    edited April 2020
    Correct me if I'm wrong....these anti coronavirus lockdown protestors are mostly white, mostly men, and mostly republican and they are saying the government shouldn't be telling them what they can and cannot do with their bodies.

Hmmm I wonder how most women feel about that
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,580
    Correct me if I'm wrong....these anti coronavirus lockdown protestors are mostly white, mostly men, and mostly republican and they are saying the government shouldn't be telling them what they can and cannot do with their bodies.

Hmmm I wonder how most women feel about that
    ...and mostly dumb.  I keep seeing pictures of these idiots protesting in crowds, no masks, not distancing.  Underwhelming!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

This discussion has been closed.