The coronavirus

Comments

• brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,572
    Australia and New Zealand have had much success beating back the virus by physical distancing, but still allow exercise:

"Both countries have enacted strict physical distancing regimes, enforced by police. Planes have been grounded, workers have been told to stay home, schools have been closed in some places, and entire industries put into hibernation.
    Advertisement
    Across most of both countries, it is unlawful to be outside without the “reasonable excuse” of essential shopping, medical care, exercise, or compassionate grounds."

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• RideRickRideRick Posts: 703
    brianlux said:
    RideRick said:
    bbiggs said:
    cutz said:
    static111 said:
    Closing parks is dumb.  That’s basically saying that the only people allowed to get outside and have fresh air are those that are fortunate enough to have a house with a yard or a vacation home somewhere. Sorry apartment dwellers, you can walk down the sidewalk though. 
    I've seen lots of people walking in my neighborhood walking in packs. I would then see other packs would walk up to the other pack of people to BS.  I saw a guy on TV point out that was the reason why he was going to a Local park so he was away from most people.  He said he felt safer then in his neighborhood going for a walk. 
    I see this too. I still walk and run in my neighborhood but as the weather warms there are way too many people out. Might need to find a more remote area to go to. 
    You do know that if you run it is more likely you have a wider spread of the virus.
    So by running you are actually saying a big fuck you to all people who are staying inside to contain this virus because it is not likely to be under control for the coming weeks. 
    Don't run are cycle sportly wise, it has a bigger effect on spreading virus, maybe you are carrying it without knowing it. You can contaminate other people without knowing it.
    Only people who are tested are sure that they don't have the virus.

Whoa, Rick, back up there... You're assuming bbiggs a) hasn't been tested and b) is running close enough to others to give or receive the virus.  I didn't get that from what b said.  Even without being tested, I don't see that by walking running and cycling away from others is a problem.  If it is, I'd like some verifiable, sound information that shows that to be true.  My wife and I have found places to walk where we don't get closer than about 20 feet from any other walkers and most of the time much further than that.

Maybe don't make harsh accusations without getting more information first.  We'll all do better by being cool and helpful toward each other, not by being harsh and accusing.
    I can see now that it looks personal but it is meant general.  Bare with me..  i do not mean any harm to any person in person.
    Never, i don't know anyone here personally..  well..  only the Big Greek..  hahahaha..

As in" You know if you run..."   
    Nothing personal, nothing with knowledge about any person here what is health status is.
    But if the only thing you can do is sit at home as much as possible and minimize the risk of spreading well..  than just do that.
    People who are excersicing sport are spreading more then who is not running around. Not talking about normal walking or cycling.
    If you run or race on your bike your breath is heavier and you lose more wet air out of your mouth.
    That's all..  simply said.
    | Pinkpop 1992 *BEST EVER | Rotterdam 1993 | Amsterdam 1996 | Pinkpop 2000 | Arnhem 2006 | Nijmegen 2007 | Rotterdam 2009 | Nijmegen 2010 | Amsterdam I + II 2012 ** | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2012 First European Concert *EPIC*| Amsterdam I + II 2014 | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2016 night I  | Amsterdam I + II 2018 | Amsterdam I -> Canceled  +  II 2022 *EPIC
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,170
    CM189191 said:
    i saw that new unemployment claims are at 6.6 million. trump has the best numbers.
    6.6 million on TOP of the previous 10 million. Team Trump Treason has the best, biggest, most beautiful and incredible numbers. Brilliant brilliance in all its brilliancy. Some might call it 3D chess.
    there's always a tweet

On my birthday he said that dumb shit. I now wonder what brilliant great numbers will he throw out there just for attention. He truly is a moron.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,129
    tish said:
    Thank you for sharing how you celebrate victories with music! 
    :)
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,055
    Långfredag today. (Good Friday?)

Everything closed. Swedes are travelling through the country to visit friends and family spreading the disease. 

https://youtu.be/i1IaxIWnr6U

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 Posts: 10,739

Everything closed. Swedes are travelling through the country to visit friends and family spreading the disease. 

That’d be nice.  I miss getting together with my father (almost 90).  So I’ll be working...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    edited April 2020

That’d be nice.  I miss getting together with my father (almost 90).  So I’ll be working...
    Miss meeting my mom. Haven't met her since she find out all of this caused her to lose her job. And don't know when I dare to visit her, or any of my family again.

Weird times.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    We’re doing a drive by on Sunday to my mom’s house to drop off some food and just see my dad this blows all I wanna do is give both of them a hug 🤗 and we can’t ughh
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    We’re doing a drive by on Sunday to my mom’s house to drop off some food and just see my dad this blows all I wanna do is give both of them a hug 🤗 and we can’t ughh
    We're doing the same with my Mom on Saturday. It's not going to be easy.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    I just told my mom last I won't be able to see till August, which make it a year since I've seen her. However, She's not in any hurry to see anyone because she's battling Myeloma: cancer of the blood. Which weakens one's immune system so she hardly wants any visitors.

Sunday past we did this zoom thing with our cousins in England, Wilmington and DC/MD. That was the coolest thing that we could all see each other. My mother and daughter were asleep though but we plan to do this every Sunday. It's so important to keep up with your love ones, sharing thoughts and ideas as we get through this thing virus.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

mfc2006 said:
    No doubt it won’t be easy but we have too just to let them know they are not alone, stay safe Matt 
    g under p said:
    I just told my mom last I won't be able to see till August, which make it a year since I've seen her. However, She's not in any hurry to see anyone because she's battling Myeloma: cancer of the blood. Which weakens one's immune system so she hardly wants any visitors.

Sunday past we did this zoom thing with our cousins in England, Wilmington and DC/MD. That was the coolest thing that we could all see each other. My mother and daughter were asleep though but we plan to do this every Sunday. It's so important to keep up with your love ones, sharing thoughts and ideas as we get through this thing virus.

Peace
    Glad you can do that , stay safe bro 
    Sweden allows anesthesia used by veterinarians to be used on humans, because of the big risk of medical supplies. 

Maybe not a big deal at all, but it sounds odd.
    mfc2006 said:
    No doubt it won’t be easy but we have too just to let them know they are not alone, stay safe Matt 
    You too, buddy. Enjoy your visit.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    So now the governor here in Florida wants to open some schools in some counties. His rational that he does see anyone 25 and under has died from CV19. 

What, has he been in a cave, has he forgotten we have the oldest population in the country. Has he forgotten that most teachers are older than 25, janitors and other support staff. I said awhile ago this politician was born out of Trump's ass, what a moron.

Peace

g under p said:
    So now the governor here in Florida wants to open some schools in some counties. His rational that he does see anyone 25 and under has died from CV19. 

What, has he been in a cave, has he forgotten we have the oldest population in the country. Has he forgotten that most teachers are older than 25, janitors and other support staff. I said awhile ago this politician was born out of Trump's ass, what a moron.

Peace
    Moron. I hope he faces some backlash (& a swift kick in the ass towards reality) for this.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,510
    mfc2006 said:

My folks just got back from Florida a week ago. Haven't seen them since January.  Its brutal but there's far worse as you know.
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,945
    RideRick said:
    bbiggs said:
    cutz said:
    static111 said:
    Closing parks is dumb.  That’s basically saying that the only people allowed to get outside and have fresh air are those that are fortunate enough to have a house with a yard or a vacation home somewhere. Sorry apartment dwellers, you can walk down the sidewalk though. 
    I've seen lots of people walking in my neighborhood walking in packs. I would then see other packs would walk up to the other pack of people to BS.  I saw a guy on TV point out that was the reason why he was going to a Local park so he was away from most people.  He said he felt safer then in his neighborhood going for a walk. 
    I see this too. I still walk and run in my neighborhood but as the weather warms there are way too many people out. Might need to find a more remote area to go to. 
    You do know that if you run it is more likely you have a wider spread of the virus.
    So by running you are actually saying a big fuck you to all people who are staying inside to contain this virus because it is not likely to be under control for the coming weeks. 
    Don't run are cycle sportly wise, it has a bigger effect on spreading virus, maybe you are carrying it without knowing it. You can contaminate other people without knowing it.
    Hey bud.  First of all, show me the facts that state running by myself (not in packs) causes "a wider spread of the virus."  I'll be waiting.  Second, I'm saying "a big fuck you" to no one.  If you've followed along with this thread for more than 5 minutes, you'd know I'm one of the biggest supporters of staying at home and have followed those instructions before they were even mandated.  I certainly don't have to explain my actions to you, but just so you're aware, I run and move away from any nearby pedestrians that are walking or running (MUCH greater than 6 feet).  Finally, you know what they say about assuming right?

• kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    g under p said:

Peace
    Just horrible how ignorant some people are!
    Maybe there has to be a family member who dies before they realize what they're talking about. Unbelievable...
    bbiggs said:
    RideRick said:
    bbiggs said:
    cutz said:
    static111 said:
    Hey bud.  First of all, show me the facts that state running by myself (not in packs) causes "a wider spread of the virus."  I'll be waiting.  Second, I'm saying "a big fuck you" to no one.  If you've followed along with this thread for more than 5 minutes, you'd know I'm one of the biggest supporters of staying at home and have followed those instructions before they were even mandated.  I certainly don't have to explain my actions to you, but just so you're aware, I run and move away from any nearby pedestrians that are walking or running (MUCH greater than 6 feet).  Finally, you know what they say about assuming right?

No doubt you have been!
    g under p said:

Peace
    Whoa what a deplorable human! All he has to do is look at NY and see that the deaths have been from all ages..
    https://twitter.com/projectlincoln/status/1248367637631053828?s=21
    Biden should just start to get down&dirty against the idiot!
  • KatKat Posts: 4,831
    This reply to that one just nails it.

Falling down,...not staying down
  • CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927
    https://youtu.be/UHjJydZO99A

video for those twitter haters
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,282
    g under p said:

Peace
    Seriously ?
  • KatKat Posts: 4,831
    Remember when the gas mask happened?

Matt Gaetz Finally Gets Brutally Roasted for Mocking the Coronavirus by Wearing Gas Mask on House Floor
    “You should be resigning from Congress, sir,” the Fox News pundit said while scolding the congressman

Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.) got his ass handed to him on Fox News on Thursday, and it was a sight to behold.

Falling down,...not staying down
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 6,386
    edited April 2020
    Good morning, PJ friends! Happy Easter and hugs to those unable to hug their loved ones this weekend!

Thank you again to people like MickeyRat, SpeedyMike for driving our essential goods! Thank you to JoseE and other front line workers. Thank-you to the teachers who have had to revise their lesson plans!

I'm sorry to hear about the many parks that are closed in the States and abroad. In BC, we have closed provincial parks for day use, camping and boat launches. However, we are reminded to take care of our physical and mental health! I have been keeping spirits up by taking up cycling outdoors and walks along empty beaches in off peak hours.

I am grateful for the little things today. Like the sun on my face,.. The swingset in the yard,... New books,.. More time with my child playing foozball in the sun with the tunes cranked and letting her win so she doesn't throw a sh#t fit,.. A new puppy, who has yet to poop in public but I will pick it up,.. When family drops off a big plate of food,.. The occasional backyard distant chats with family,.. Drives with the top down and Gigaton blasting as well as online guitar performances! (Dave really nailed Don't Drink the Water with the addition of 'This land is my land' to contrast with the First Nation theme!)

Be well and keep up the kindness, folks!

Post edited by Spunkie on
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Posts: 19,067
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927
    Kat said:
    Remember when the gas mask happened?

Matt Gaetz Finally Gets Brutally Roasted for Mocking the Coronavirus by Wearing Gas Mask on House Floor
    “You should be resigning from Congress, sir,” the Fox News pundit said while scolding the congressman

Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.) got his ass handed to him on Fox News on Thursday, and it was a sight to behold.

I would expect to see more of this as tRUmp hurtles towards the trash bin of irrelevancy

remember when murdoch and mcconnell had that meeting?
    that was when fox news stopped tweeting
    these people are evil, but not stupid

remember when 21st Century Fox sold everything to disney except fox news?
    they don't have the rest of the media empire to support their propaganda shill
    fox news corp is now a stand alone business and they see the writing on the wall

OAN and sinclair are tRUmp's new media darlings, not fox anymore
    I look forward to watching the conservative media cannibalizing itself for the next few months
    tish said:
    Good morning, PJ friends! Happy Easter and hugs to those unable to hug their loved ones this weekend!

Thank you again to people like MickeyRat, SpeedyMike for driving our essential goods! Thank you to JoseE and other front line workers. Thank-you to the teachers who have had to revise their lesson plans!

I'm sorry to hear about the many parks that are closed in the States and abroad. In BC, we have closed provincial parks for day use, camping and boat launches. However, we are reminded to take care of our physical and mental health! I have been keeping spirits up by taking up cycling outdoors and walks along empty beaches in off peak hours.

I am grateful for the little things today. Like the sun on my face,.. The swingset in the yard,... New books,.. More time with my child playing foozball in the sun with the tunes cranked and letting her win so she doesn't throw a sh#t fit,.. A new puppy, who has yet to poop in public but I will pick it up,.. When family drops off a big plate of food,.. The occasional backyard distant chats with family,.. Drives with the top down and Gigaton blasting as well as online guitar performances! (Dave really nailed Don't Drink the Water with the addition of 'This land is my land' to contrast with the First Nation theme!)

Be well and keep up the kindness, folks!

Beautiful post thanks 🙏 this world needs folks like you! 
This discussion has been closed.