Options

***OFFICAL Dance of the Clairvoyants Reaction Thread!***

Comments

• Options
    REDVEDREDVED Posts: 65
    Love it, turn up full and enjoy
  • Options
    False_BeliefFalse_Belief Cardiff Posts: 750
    Hearing this has got me really stoked for the four-to-the-floor disco version of River Cross that's going to close the record. 

Leeds 2006, London 2007, Hartford 2008, London Shepherds Bush 2009, London O2 2009, Dublin 2010, London Hyde Park 2010, Amsterdam 1 2012, Amsterdam 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, EV solo London 30/7/2012, Berlin 2014, Stockholm 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Amsterdam 1 2018, London 1 2018, London 2 2018, EV solo Dublin 2019, London 1 2022, London 2 2022, New York City 2022 

• Options
    EB218946EB218946 Posts: 3,835
    Love it! Very impressed.  Ed sounds great.  
  • Options
    Wow... best debut track from a new album since.... 
    Memphis '94 / Charlotte '96 / Birmingham '98 / Knoxville '98 / Memphis '00 / Nashville '00 / Nashville '03 / St. Louis '04 / Nashville Ryman N1 '09 (EV solo) / Nashville Ryman N2 '09 (EV solo) / Memphis '09 (EV solo) / New Orleans Jazzfest '10 / St Louis '10 / Memphis '12 (EV solo) / Memphis '14 / Boston Fenway N1 '16 / Boston Fenway N2 '16 / Chicago Wrigley N1 '18 / Chicago Wrigley N2 '18 /  Ottawa '22 / Quebec City '22 / Nashville '22 / St Louis '22

Strong 2nd Amendment supporter and advocate targeted methods of reducing gun violence, sans-infringement. 
  • Options
    Best debut track since NAIS I'd say
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Uneed to have huge balls as band to go and put this as first single out there with they type of music u play all those years.. Brilliant muthafuckas
    The song has everything. Epic... Live will blow out minds

I adore it.. 
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    EB218946EB218946 Posts: 3,835
    Uneed to have huge balls as band to go and put this as first single out there with they type of music u play all those years.. Brilliant muthafuckas

I adore it.. 
    Agree 1000 %.  This song is high quality stuff.  Can not wait to hear the rest of this album.  
  • Options
    First thing, it’s different.  But, I really love it!   The song kinda has an 80’s rock vibe.  Very cool. 
  • Options
    False_BeliefFalse_Belief Cardiff Posts: 750

A few more thoughts after repeated listens:

The synths that I found so jarring in the preview clip - I barely register them now, with everything else that's going on.

Wasn't a fan of the growly vocals in the verses at first but the penny soon dropped that Ed is hamming it up and adding some theatrics, so I fucking love this now.

Total David Byrne vibes in the verses

Total Bowie (specifically Ashes To Ashes) vibes in the "I know the girls wanna dance...." part.

The chorus is understated and lovely.

The whole thing is arranged immaculately.  The vocal interplay in the outro is so great. 

Love Mike's jagged guitar tone. 

Production is wonderful.   It doesn't sound as organic and 'live' as, say, No Code but it's a nice middle point between that and the overly slick and sterile (imo) Lightning Bolt.

Leeds 2006, London 2007, Hartford 2008, London Shepherds Bush 2009, London O2 2009, Dublin 2010, London Hyde Park 2010, Amsterdam 1 2012, Amsterdam 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, EV solo London 30/7/2012, Berlin 2014, Stockholm 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Amsterdam 1 2018, London 1 2018, London 2 2018, EV solo Dublin 2019, London 1 2022, London 2 2022, New York City 2022 

• Options
    I'm REALLY excited for the new record, now!
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,939
    Sounds like its been bolted together with each member of the band coming in and adding a bit, which sort of fits the style of the track - but gee whiz I can't wait to hear this fucker played live!!!!
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    MKSNYCMKSNYC NYC Posts: 323
    jxchamb1 said:
    I like it.  First PJ song one could dance to.  Shows off their diversity.  To hear D of C and then Vegas 11/30/93 come on afterwards and yes it is the same band.  Nice!
    First PJ song you can dance to? If you haven't been dancing to You Are then you're really missing out.  
    I got a You Are feel for this which I like.  Also get the TH vibe.  Good start to Gigaton :-)
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,446
    I like it.  I think i will love it live.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    CridderCridder Posts: 165
    Eddie is reading the notecards, last minute or so seems like he was wandering around in his yard mumbling incoherently.  Maybe that’s the concept..... The music is cool 😎 
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,930
    I love that it didn't sound at all like I expected, that it isn't a 3 minute punk song, and that it sounds finished in a way Can't Deny Me never did.

Looking forward to hearing this one live. I'm betting Mike's guitar could be a lot of fun.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,537
    The future is definitely bright.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 2,002
    -Like a lot of people here, I’m glad heard trying something new and, even if this song hasn’t fully grown on me, it makes me much more excited to hear the album than previous lead singles. 

-For whatever reason, Matt’s drums sound a lot better on the version I’m streaming through Spotify than they did on the BS and twitter clips. Makes a big difference, and they’ll only be more muscular live. 

-With any PJ song, to me the question isn’t how much I like the studio version, it’s “how will this play live?” Sometimes you can tell off the bat which songs will be killers live, but I really don’t know here. It might be a really solid live song, but the best part to me is the layered vocals at the end which tend not to translate really well, because nobody in the band other than Ed can really sing. Definitely looking forward to seeing it though. 
  • Options
     They have done it again , surprised the hell out of me ! Might be a huge commercial hit . I've already listened  to this more than CDM and MYM put together . This is going to kill live ...
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,903
    I love  you  are 
     I bet @mcgruff10 doesnt dig this.
    @lastexitlondon you know me well my friend.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    donravendonraven Posts: 138
    This is really good. Love they came out with something experimental after 7 years
    Boston, MA - Sept 28, 2004
    Halifax, NS - Sept 22, 2005
    Toronto, ON - August 21, 2009
    Toronto, ON - Sept 11, 2011
    Toronto, ON - Sept 12, 2011
    London, ON - July 16, 2013
    Boston, MA - Aug 7, 2016
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    I love  you  are 
     I bet @mcgruff10 doesnt dig this.
    @lastexitlondon you know me well my friend.  
    Haha i do sir. A fine man. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346
    This will be a skip for me on the album, just not my style. I give them credit for being this experimental and secretly hoping the entire album isn’t all like this. 
    NYPJ
  • Options
    thank u Josh Evans so this time we can listen jeff bass 
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    tdawe said:
    -Like a lot of people here, I’m glad heard trying something new and, even if this song hasn’t fully grown on me, it makes me much more excited to hear the album than previous lead singles. 

-For whatever reason, Matt’s drums sound a lot better on the version I’m streaming through Spotify than they did on the BS and twitter clips. Makes a big difference, and they’ll only be more muscular live. 

-With any PJ song, to me the question isn’t how much I like the studio version, it’s “how will this play live?” Sometimes you can tell off the bat which songs will be killers live, but I really don’t know here. It might be a really solid live song, but the best part to me is the layered vocals at the end which tend not to translate really well, because nobody in the band other than Ed can really sing. Definitely looking forward to seeing it though. 
    Would be cool if Ed uses a loop pedal to layer his voices at the end live 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,903
    wall232 said:
    This will be a skip for me on the album, just not my style. I give them credit for being this experimental and secretly hoping the entire album isn’t all like this. 
    +1
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,771
    Related image
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 2,002
    tdawe said:

Ed Sheehan did a whole set in front of them at GCF 2015 that was just one big loop pedal demonstration so maybe he learned something. 
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,771
    tdawe said:
    tdawe said:

Ed Sheehan did a whole set in front of them at GCF 2015 that was just one big loop pedal demonstration so maybe he learned something. 
    He used looping for Arc and he has done it for something else in his solo sets so it is entirely possible.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    EB218946 said:

I adore it.. 
    Agree 1000 %.  This song is high quality stuff.  Can not wait to hear the rest of this album.  
     exactly
  • Options
    I'm on board man. This is weird as fuck and has got better with each listen. I applaud them for deciding to go in a new direction and dropping this as the single. Gigaton is going to be a very interesting listen!