Options

**St. Louis 2022 Roll Call**

Comments

• Options
    MelzombieMelzombie Charleston, SC Posts: 200
    SHZA said:
    Melzombie said:
    anyone else coming solo? I'm staying at an airbnb at Locust St. Apartments. Does anyone know if this is walkable after the show? Also, does St. Louis have Lime scooters to get around? 
    Locust street lofts or level on locust? The former would be a bit of a hike. No scooters. 
    I just sent you a message 
  • Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,761
    edited September 2022
    Apologize if this is a dumb question or if it is addressed somewhere else, but...

We are traveling to the show with another couple. My wife and I each got 2 tickets to this show through the fan club and held onto them all these years. They are in different locations in the arena.

The other couple is just going to pay us cash/trade for the airbnb, etc., so we're not exchanging money online or via any exchanges. 

What is the best way to get the other couple the tickets they will use? Let them login with our ticketmaster info and download them into their phone wallets? Print at the Enterprise Center box office? Something else? 

Post edited by know1 on
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,895
    mpedone said:
    mpedone said:
    Where's the merch going to be, and what time? Did you see email or post somewhere?

There was a general post that merch will be available before all the shows, starting at 1:00 (though the booths don't always open right at 1:00). Locations generally announced day of show.
    Okay thanks for responding. I assume by email. In years past i've wasted the day waiting in line for merch. Not sure what I'll do this year. Sometimes if you get inside right away, you can go straight to the inside booths and get everything you need. Also, in the event I cannot get what I want, or if you cannot, can we call each other? :)

I was a little off on the location announcement, but it's usually pretty obvious when you get to the arena - there will be two lines of PJ fans: one will have chairs, the other will have poster tubes. Chairs is GA, tubes is Merch. Follow mrtsurt on Instagram (and maybe Twitter?). He posts the show-specific merch the morning of the show (pretty early, too). I think Pearl Jam's social media accounts do, too.

Most people have seemed to have luck going to booths inside just after doors open this year (not my jam as I'd rather wait at midday and stash my merch in the car/hotel room than have to keep track of it during/after the show). Depending on the merch situation, you might even be able to wait until after the show - leaving Toronto, I saw people buying posters from the booth on the concourse. I wouldn't recommend that, but if you're not stressed about getting specific stuff, it is an option.

Sadly, I contracted covid in Canada and have had to cancel our plans for Nashville and St Louis, so no more merch for me this tour. I still follow these threads, though, as I'm a glutton for the punishment of what could have been.

Unfortunately the posters in Hamilton were gone by the time the show ended. I was fortunate however, and set up a trade for one. I contracted COVID about a week and half before the Hamilton show, so I was out of isolation and able to attend both there and Toronto. Honestly it was sort of a relief to get it then and not have to worry about getting it in Canada and missing Nashville, STL and OKC. I feel for you having to miss the shows. 
    The more I think about Toronto, the more I think it was an outlier. The outdoor stand was understaffed which caused ridiculous wait times, and they didn't have the poster on display outside, so there might have actually been a higher number of people not buying it outside than normal. On top of that, I wonder if the long outdoor line put people off merch entirely ("If the line's this long outside, it's going to be crazy inside!" type of thinking).

Yeah, I mean, our goal was to avoid having it altogether, but if we were going to get it, I'd rather have had it back in August. If I had known then what I know now...
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    Will be there in GA with a buddy who lost his son recently. Hoping for Just Breathe for Young William 
    Memphis '94 / Charlotte '96 / Birmingham '98 / Knoxville '98 / Memphis '00 / Nashville '00 / Nashville '03 / St. Louis '04 / Nashville Ryman N1 '09 (EV solo) / Nashville Ryman N2 '09 (EV solo) / Memphis '09 (EV solo) / New Orleans Jazzfest '10 / St Louis '10 / Memphis '12 (EV solo) / Memphis '14 / Boston Fenway N1 '16 / Boston Fenway N2 '16 / Chicago Wrigley N1 '18 / Chicago Wrigley N2 '18 /  Ottawa '22 / Quebec City '22 / Nashville '22 / St Louis '22

Strong 2nd Amendment supporter and advocate targeted methods of reducing gun violence, sans-infringement. 
  • Options
    mpedone said:
    mpedone said:
    mpedone said:
    Where's the merch going to be, and what time? Did you see email or post somewhere?

There was a general post that merch will be available before all the shows, starting at 1:00 (though the booths don't always open right at 1:00). Locations generally announced day of show.
    Okay thanks for responding. I assume by email. In years past i've wasted the day waiting in line for merch. Not sure what I'll do this year. Sometimes if you get inside right away, you can go straight to the inside booths and get everything you need. Also, in the event I cannot get what I want, or if you cannot, can we call each other? :)

I was a little off on the location announcement, but it's usually pretty obvious when you get to the arena - there will be two lines of PJ fans: one will have chairs, the other will have poster tubes. Chairs is GA, tubes is Merch. Follow mrtsurt on Instagram (and maybe Twitter?). He posts the show-specific merch the morning of the show (pretty early, too). I think Pearl Jam's social media accounts do, too.

Most people have seemed to have luck going to booths inside just after doors open this year (not my jam as I'd rather wait at midday and stash my merch in the car/hotel room than have to keep track of it during/after the show). Depending on the merch situation, you might even be able to wait until after the show - leaving Toronto, I saw people buying posters from the booth on the concourse. I wouldn't recommend that, but if you're not stressed about getting specific stuff, it is an option.

Sadly, I contracted covid in Canada and have had to cancel our plans for Nashville and St Louis, so no more merch for me this tour. I still follow these threads, though, as I'm a glutton for the punishment of what could have been.

Unfortunately the posters in Hamilton were gone by the time the show ended. I was fortunate however, and set up a trade for one. I contracted COVID about a week and half before the Hamilton show, so I was out of isolation and able to attend both there and Toronto. Honestly it was sort of a relief to get it then and not have to worry about getting it in Canada and missing Nashville, STL and OKC. I feel for you having to miss the shows. 
    The more I think about Toronto, the more I think it was an outlier. The outdoor stand was understaffed which caused ridiculous wait times, and they didn't have the poster on display outside, so there might have actually been a higher number of people not buying it outside than normal. On top of that, I wonder if the long outdoor line put people off merch entirely ("If the line's this long outside, it's going to be crazy inside!" type of thinking).

Yeah, I mean, our goal was to avoid having it altogether, but if we were going to get it, I'd rather have had it back in August. If I had known then what I know now...
    We successfully dodged it for 2.5 years despite friends, family and coworkers all around us getting it. We figured it was just a matter of time. Our cases were mild (thank you Moderna!)  We have GA for Nashville, really good reserved tickets for STL and I am going solo to OKC with a GA ticket. It would have been really hard letting those go. 
  • Options
    mpedone said:
    mpedone said:
    mpedone said:

We successfully dodged it for 2.5 years despite friends, family and coworkers all around us getting it. We figured it was just a matter of time. Our cases were mild (thank you Moderna!)  We have GA for Nashville, really good reserved tickets for STL and I am going solo to OKC with a GA ticket. It would have been really hard letting those go. 
    Sounds very familiar! My partner is an ICU nurse; she transitioned from bedside to an educator position early on in the pandemic, but was still in the hospital 5 days a week. Still amazed she didn't get it until just now. We are also both vaxxed+boosted (me Pfizer, her Moderna), and so hopefully our cases will be mild (mine already feels just like a really bad cold), so there's lots of positives to look at, but it still hurts.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

• Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,894
    Hyatt Regency at the Arch. Walkable? Or better off driving?
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,403
    Walkable. Straight down Market Street 
  • Options
    NewfieintheUSANewfieintheUSA Posts: 2,389
    edited September 2022
    know1 said:
    Apologize if this is a dumb question or if it is addressed somewhere else, but...

We are traveling to the show with another couple. My wife and I each got 2 tickets to this show through the fan club and held onto them all these years. They are in different locations in the arena.

The other couple is just going to pay us cash/trade for the airbnb, etc., so we're not exchanging money online or via any exchanges. 

What is the best way to get the other couple the tickets they will use? Let them login with our ticketmaster info and download them into their phone wallets? Print at the Enterprise Center box office? Something else? 

Login with your TM account and download the tickets to their phones
    Post edited by NewfieintheUSA on
  • Options
    SHZA said:
    Walkable. Straight down Market Street 
    Thanks! 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    know1 said:

Thanks. I thought that might be the best way. We'll probably walk in together so that won't be an issue, but then we will split up and might switch up later.

• Options
    mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,181
    SHZA said:
    mattcoz said:
    SHZA said:
    Melzombie said:
    Anyone know if Locust St. Apartments is walkable to and from the venue? Does downtown have Lime scooters? I just got back from Denver and we rode Lime scooters everywhere... so much cheaper than Uber and worrying about Surge hours. 
    The scooters used to be available but the city has now banned them 
    What?! Damn, I was counting on those. I used them a lot when I was in town last year.

Yeah, apparently teenagers were riding them all over downtown, zooming down sidewalks and terrorizing tourists and such. 

Dang whippersnappers! Seems to be only downtown only though, right? I'm staying outside of downtown, so I might at least be able to use them to get around everywhere else.

I'm going to the Cardinals game on Sunday, doubt any posters will be available afterwards, might have to test my luck inside. Or maybe I can trade a Pujols bobblehead for one, heh.

• Options
    Will there be a red STL themed hat similar to the blue MSG hat you think?
    Once you hold the hand of love, it's all surmountable
  • Options
    VAPJFAN said:
    Will there be a red STL themed hat similar to the blue MSG hat you think?
    Probably not.

• Options
    Still ISO 2 GA for this one.
  • Options
    STL locals, looking for your best and favorite record stores you’d recommend hitting up.  I’m hoping to go to at least one on Monday morning/early afternoon before leaving town.  Been trying to look up good BBQ places or restaurant to hit for lunch that day and it seems a lot of them are closed Mondays, not sure if record stores are similar. Apologies if it’s already been mentioned in thread.
    No time to be void or save up on life, you gotta spend it all.
  • Options
    STL locals, looking for your best and favorite record stores you’d recommend hitting up.  I’m hoping to go to at least one on Monday morning/early afternoon before leaving town.  Been trying to look up good BBQ places or restaurant to hit for lunch that day and it seems a lot of them are closed Mondays, not sure if record stores are similar. Apologies if it’s already been mentioned in thread.
    Not a local but I’ll be hitting up vintage vinyl and having BBQ in the Delmar loop area on Sunday before the show.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,017
    know1 said:
    know1 said:

Thanks. I thought that might be the best way. We'll probably walk in together so that won't be an issue, but then we will split up and might switch up later.
    if you walk in together just screenshot them their tickets...they won't need scanned again
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,932
    If anyone has a pair of GA for St. Louis and would like to trade for a pair in 118, row H, seats 1/2 (aisle near 117), please PM me.  We have a group of six going to the show with four of us in GA.  The other two would like to join.  Only interested in a trade for GA and would have to meet on Sunday to get tickets downloaded to each other's Apple Wallet (Android works also).
  • Options
    BE257117 said:
    food: Mac’s local eats has the best burger in town.
    Ooh, I'm going to the Science Center on Monday and that would be perfect for lunch, thanks.
  • Options
    mattcoz said:
    BE257117 said:
    Ooh, I'm going to the Science Center on Monday and that would be perfect for lunch, thanks.
    I saw Mac’s mentioned above as well, but their website says they are closed Mondays and Tuesdays.:(
    A lot of places I’ve seen recommended in different areas seem to be closed Mondays.
    No time to be void or save up on life, you gotta spend it all.
  • Options
    mattcoz said:
    BE257117 said:
    I saw Mac’s mentioned above as well, but their website says they are closed Mondays and Tuesdays.:(
    A lot of places I’ve seen recommended in different areas seem to be closed Mondays.
    Nooooooo! Oh well, maybe I'll have some leftover BBQ. I had this same problem when I visited Denver this summer, was there Mon-Wed and everything was closed on Monday. I get it though, tough to stay open with rising costs on days where they're likely not going to get much business.
  • Options
    On record store question Vintage Vinyl and Euclid Records are the two I've gone to the most.  Almost positive both are open Mondays.
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    I'm looking for a St. Louis merch buddy.  If you plan on lining up and you grab my poster, tube, sticker, and pin(s), I'll gladly pay for your poster, tube, sticker, and pin(s) too.  Let me know if anyone is interested.

Thanks,
    Tom
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,111
    Not a local but I’ll be hitting up vintage vinyl and having BBQ in the Delmar loop area on Sunday before the show.
    Euclid records in Webster is my favorite record store in STL. It is not near enterprise though, about 15-20 minutes west. 
  • Options
    know1 said:
    know1 said:

if you walk in together just screenshot them their tickets...they won't need scanned again
    Good point. That might be what we do.

• Options
    Euclid records in Webster is my favorite record store in STL. It is not near enterprise though, about 15-20 minutes west. 
    Thanks! 15-20 minutes is no problem at all. I’m not in GA, I’m 47 so shirts, posters, pins, and stickers have no meaning to me, especially standing in line for said stuff. I’ll be showing up to the enterprise center shortly before showtime. Looking forward to spending some time in other areas of St. Louis.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Thanks! 15-20 minutes is no problem at all. I’m not in GA, I’m 47 so shirts, posters, pins, and stickers have no meaning to me, especially standing in line for said stuff. I’ll be showing up to the enterprise center shortly before showtime. Looking forward to spending some time in other areas of St. Louis.
    Cool. Webster Groves (I live there) has a fairly small little downtown but it’s pretty awesome. Some great bars and restaurants all walking distance from Euclid Records. 

I definitely recommend Perrenial a small batch brewery and restaurant right there near Euclid. 
    Post edited by Abe Froman on
  • Options
    Cool. Webster Groves (I live there) has a fairly small little downtown but it’s pretty awesome. Some great bars and restaurants all walking distance from Euclid Records. 

I definitely recommend Perrenial a small batch brewery and restaurant right there near Euclid. 
    Awesome. Good breakfast spot around there?
  • Options

Awesome. Good breakfast spot around there?
    Yup. The Clover and the Bee. My 15 year old son loves this place. (I actually haven’t eaten there)