Options

**St. Louis 2022 Roll Call**

Comments

• Options
    aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,121
    Sarava said:
    Been looking forward to this show for a few years. Unfortunately my wife had a small stroke early last week. She is getting better and she really wants to go. She gives me the pouty face if I even suggest cancelling the PJ weekend (we also have 2 tickets to Nashville) for her health's sake.

I'm certain she wont be able to handle hours of standing that comes with GA tickets. Does anyone think it's worth calling the arena and asking if they can help accommodate her?
    If you have pit, I assure you, you'll have no problem finding someone with decent lowers they'd be willing to trade for them.
  • Options
    bmurray06bmurray06 Austin, Texas Posts: 138
    Sarava said:
    Been looking forward to this show for a few years. Unfortunately my wife had a small stroke early last week. She is getting better and she really wants to go. She gives me the pouty face if I even suggest cancelling the PJ weekend (we also have 2 tickets to Nashville) for her health's sake.

I'm certain she wont be able to handle hours of standing that comes with GA tickets. Does anyone think it's worth calling the arena and asking if they can help accommodate her?
    Hard Yes!
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    Anyone have pre-party info yet?
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    BE257117BE257117 Posts: 42
    Sarava said:

If you have pit, I assure you, you'll have no problem finding someone with decent lowers they'd be willing to trade for them.
    Really sorry to hear about your wife. I have a pair of seated floor seats (Section C, Row 5) if you're interested in a trade.
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,793
    @Sarava - Sorry to hear of your wife's recent health issues. Hopefully she is on the mend and well enough to attend. Perhaps with the shorter set lists, she would be okay leaning against the wall at the back of GA? Here's to hoping! 

Should you decide to attend but wish to trade tickets, please feel free to me. I just posted a couple days ago that I was looking to trade 2 Sec C Row 10 seats for GA. I'm certain you will receive better offers, but if not, feel free to reach out.

Chris
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,438
    I have GA for this show and it's a first time with GA. I like to drink a few beers before a show and not really looking to get there super early. Funny, I'll stand in-line two hours for a poster and shirt, but not to see the band a few feet away. Anyway, if I get there about 20 minutes before the band hits the stage, am I just stuck in the back or is there wiggle room during the show? Is it worth getting in early for GA? 

Just curious.
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • Options
    mattsavardmattsavard Posts: 518
    edited August 2022
    If you get there 30 minutes before the show you'll be starting toward the back.

Generally speaking: 

25% forward is pretty easy. 

50% of the way up can be done with tact and looking for a path. Be respectful. Once you cross this point, going to the bathroom is ill advised. 

75% of the way up will require some work and some patience and, frankly if you wanted to be up that far you probably should have gotten there earlier. You're likely to piss a few folks off. 

Beyond that? Good luck 😂

Ill be in the pit as well, with an old buddy. Will be my 5th or 6th Pit. It's fun. We'll probably work to about halfway up. I've been rail before in 94 and it was amazing, but not worth the effort for me, nowadays. 

Post edited by mattsavard on
    Memphis '94 / Charlotte '96 / Birmingham '98 / Knoxville '98 / Memphis '00 / Nashville '00 / Nashville '03 / St. Louis '04 / Nashville Ryman N1 '09 (EV solo) / Nashville Ryman N2 '09 (EV solo) / Memphis '09 (EV solo) / New Orleans Jazzfest '10 / St Louis '10 / Memphis '12 (EV solo) / Memphis '14 / Boston Fenway N1 '16 / Boston Fenway N2 '16 / Chicago Wrigley N1 '18 / Chicago Wrigley N2 '18 /  Ottawa '22 / Quebec City '22 / Nashville '22 / St Louis '22

Strong 2nd Amendment supporter and advocate targeted methods of reducing gun violence, sans-infringement. 
  • Options
    CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,149
    Closest I got was Jacksonville. Odds on GA at the time were 50%, so maybe not as many people there. I got in line about 2:45. I ended up three people back in front of Ed. That’s one of my favorite shows. Although other cities in more demand are probably requiring a longer wait.
  • Options
    involutionaryinvolutionary sun diego Posts: 105
    edited August 2022
    I’m hoping  to land a single GA for this show. If anyone has any leads they can point my way please lmk. Thank you kindly.
  • Options
    BSullyBSully Indiana Posts: 1,043
    Coming in from Indiana for my 10th show overall, but my first for GA.

I'm not going to be there until Sunday, so I'm hoping I have enough time to get merch and get a decent spot up front.

From those of you with experience, what do you do with your merch during the show if you have GA?
    1998: Noblesville, IN 08-17
    2000: Noblesville, IN 08-18
    2003: Noblesville, IN 06-22
    2006: Cincinnati, OH 06-24
    2010: Noblesville, IN 05-07
    2016: Lexington, KY 04-26, Wrigley Field 2 08-22
    2018: Wrigley Field 1 08-18, Wrigley Field 2 08-20
    2022: St. Louis, MO 09-18
    2024: Noblesville, IN 08-26, Wrigley Field 1 08-29, Wrigley Field 2 08-31
  • Options
    MelzombieMelzombie Charleston, SC Posts: 200
    edited August 2022
    This is a long shot, but is anyone staying at the Locust St. apartments via Expedia? I booked this via a property management company on Expedia. There are a ton of different listings at this apartment complex. It's supposedly a 15-20 min walk from the arena. 
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    Thanks for the well wishes guys. My wife is improving and doing better, which means everything.

Standing in GA is 100% out of the question. I emailed 10 club and didn't hear back. I then called the arena. They were super nice there and said she could exchange the GA tickets for ADA seats. They said I could lock it down now, or even bring it up when I arrive and that they would find something for me, though no guarantees of where. It's neat to see them so willing to take care of people that have medical issues come up.
  • Options
    joe159joe159 Decatur, IL. Posts: 307
    So dumb question but here goes. I have 4 tickets to the STL show, 2 ten club tix, 2 Ticketmaster tix. Taking 3 friends, all tix are on my phone. Shouldn’t be any issue with us all getting in the venue just using my phone right?
  • Options
    RK50065RK50065 St. Louis, MO Posts: 885
    joe159 said:
    So dumb question but here goes. I have 4 tickets to the STL show, 2 ten club tix, 2 Ticketmaster tix. Taking 3 friends, all tix are on my phone. Shouldn’t be any issue with us all getting in the venue just using my phone right?
    no issue. if your 10C tix are GA and Ticketmaster ones are Reserved, you can go to the box office and get the Ticketmaster ones printed since the 4 of you might not walk in together in that situation.
  • Options
    joe159joe159 Decatur, IL. Posts: 307
    RK50065 said:
    joe159 said:
    no issue. if your 10C tix are GA and Ticketmaster ones are Reserved, you can go to the box office and get the Ticketmaster ones printed since the 4 of you might not walk in together in that situation.
    Thanks for the info
  • Options
    Melzombie said:
    This is a long shot, but is anyone staying at the Locust St. apartments via Expedia? I booked this via a property management company on Expedia. There are a ton of different listings at this apartment complex. It's supposedly a 15-20 min walk from the arena. 
     I would advise against walking that far in downtown st louis at night. 
  • Options
    scrappysatticscrappysattic Lawrence, KS Posts: 302
    4 of us from Kansas City will be there!!!

96' - Hartford
    98'- Hartford, Mansfield Night 2
    00' - Mansfield Night 2
    03' - Mansfield Night 1
    04' - VFC St Louis
    10' - Kansas City
    13' - OKC
    14' - St Louis, Tulsa, Lincoln
    16' - Chicago Night 1

17' EV  Louisville, KY

18' Wrigley Night 1

• Options
    iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,303
    Sarava said:
    Thanks for the well wishes guys. My wife is improving and doing better, which means everything.

Standing in GA is 100% out of the question. I emailed 10 club and didn't hear back. I then called the arena. They were super nice there and said she could exchange the GA tickets for ADA seats. They said I could lock it down now, or even bring it up when I arrive and that they would find something for me, though no guarantees of where. It's neat to see them so willing to take care of people that have medical issues come up.
    Hopefully your wife is doing better.  It’s a reasonable accommodation due to a medical issue, most venues will accompany that.  Hope to see you in St. Louis.
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Options
    jcummerjcummer Iowa City Posts: 6
    edited August 2022
    Hi, all. STL will be my 12-year-old son’s first PJ show (woo hoo!). We booked a room at the Live! By Loews hotel, which Google Maps says is .4 miles away on foot, right by Busch Stadium. I know nothing about STL. Is this a walk I should feel safe making with a 12-year-old after the show? Appreciate any feedback from those who know!
    Post edited by jcummer on
  • Options
    jcummer said:
    Hi, all. STL will be my 12-year-old son’s first PJ show (woo hoo!). We booked a room at the Live! By Loews hotel, which Google Maps says is .4 miles away on foot, right by Busch Stadium. I know nothing about STL. Is this a walk I should feel safe making with a 12-year-old after the show? Appreciate any feedback from those who know!
    no problem with this walk down Clark. you will pass a few bars, and then it's right in the Ballpark Village area so people will be around. 
  • Options
    jcummerjcummer Iowa City Posts: 6
    RK50065 said:
    jcummer said:
    no problem with this walk down Clark. you will pass a few bars, and then it's right in the Ballpark Village area so people will be around. 
    Beautiful! Many thanks for this insight.
  • Options
    jcummer said:
    RK50065 said:
    jcummer said:
    Beautiful! Many thanks for this insight.
    no worries. I have a 12 yr old, and hope you and your son have an absolute blast.
  • Options
    BSullyBSully Indiana Posts: 1,043
    This will be my first-ever GA show.

What does everyone do with their merch during the show if you're in GA?
    1998: Noblesville, IN 08-17
    2000: Noblesville, IN 08-18
    2003: Noblesville, IN 06-22
    2006: Cincinnati, OH 06-24
    2010: Noblesville, IN 05-07
    2016: Lexington, KY 04-26, Wrigley Field 2 08-22
    2018: Wrigley Field 1 08-18, Wrigley Field 2 08-20
    2022: St. Louis, MO 09-18
    2024: Noblesville, IN 08-26, Wrigley Field 1 08-29, Wrigley Field 2 08-31
  • Options
    theebradnesstheebradness Quincy, IL originally from Weymouth, MA Posts: 278
    BSully said:

Swing tshirts around like a hype man on an NBA bench. For posters, thems are used for paddling.
    Lollapalooza 1992 Mansfield MA
    STL 2014
    Wrigley Aug 20th 2016
    St Louis 2022

I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love.
  • Options
    CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,149
    BSully said:

If it’s just a shirt and poster, bring a tube with a strap and I just tuck tshirt into my pocket. Otherwise, get someone to hold your spot and run it back to car or hotel.
  • Options
    Booked a hotel late, Double Tree Hilton near Forest Park. Is this walkable to the arena or not advised? Thanks!
  • Options
    Booked a hotel late, Double Tree Hilton near Forest Park. Is this walkable to the arena or not advised? Thanks!
    no, I would not advise walking that after the show. Quick Uber though. 
  • Options
    Awesome, thanks! Is it an okay place to stay neighborhood wise?
  • Options
    Awesome, thanks! Is it an okay place to stay neighborhood wise?
    yep. right in the medical campus. go north on Euclid for good bars/restaurants.
  • Options
    Hello!  Due to various factors, I find myself with an extra ticket for St. Louis.  I'd like to hand it over to a Ten Club member for face value. Would anyone want to meet out front  and go in together? If so, shoot me a DM.