Options

**St. Louis 2022 Roll Call**

1272829303133»

Comments

• Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,789
    ddeschler said:
    I concur.  Not an IPA to be had in the whole building.  I stooped to drinking Bud "Select."  Yuck.
    I found a stand right when I walked in that was selling Sierra Nevada Hazy Little Thing. For a mass produced brew, I find it extremely solid! And I may be the only one because....I bought a lot of it!!!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,789
    STL locals, looking for your best and favorite record stores you’d recommend hitting up.  I’m hoping to go to at least one on Monday morning/early afternoon before leaving town.  Been trying to look up good BBQ places or restaurant to hit for lunch that day and it seems a lot of them are closed Mondays, not sure if record stores are similar. Apologies if it’s already been mentioned in thread.
    Not a local but I’ll be hitting up vintage vinyl and having BBQ in the Delmar loop area on Sunday before the show.

me and my buddy just saw the Descendents at The Pagaent, which is on Delmar. There's a killer place called Seoul Tacos. Korean inspired mexican food....so good!!

Made this my last stop before leaving town on Monday. Those Korean tacos were straight 🔥! Thanks for the rec.

Also, don't think I saw it here but I did see it on a different message board: Giola's (sandwich shop on "The Hill") was a fantastic sammich as well.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    BSullyBSully Indiana Posts: 1,039
    I stopped at Hi-Pointe Drive-In and got a tasty burger on Sunday myself.
    1998: Noblesville, IN 08-17
    2000: Noblesville, IN 08-18
    2003: Noblesville, IN 06-22
    2006: Cincinnati, OH 06-24
    2010: Noblesville, IN 05-07
    2016: Lexington, KY 04-26, Wrigley Field 2 08-22
    2018: Wrigley Field 1 08-18, Wrigley Field 2 08-20
    2022: St. Louis, MO 09-18
    2024: Noblesville, IN 08-26, Wrigley Field 1 08-29, Wrigley Field 2 08-31
  • Options
    ddeschler said:
    I concur.  Not an IPA to be had in the whole building.  I stooped to drinking Bud "Select."  Yuck.
    I found a stand right when I walked in that was selling Sierra Nevada Hazy Little Thing. For a mass produced brew, I find it extremely solid! And I may be the only one because....I bought a lot of it!!!
    It's not bad.  I never saw that.  I saw a kicked keg of Kona Big Wave Golden Ale which is not very good...but better than what I ended up drinking.

Whole time I was in line for beer I kept thinking about how AB has completely ruined that arena's variety.  
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,165
    mpedone said:
    Between Rats in Nashville and Glorified G here, I'd have finished Vs.
    Glorified G finished it for me, if I count getting WMA as a Daughter tag. That was a great surprise.
    mpedone said:
    BH38140 said:
    Also, I thought the crowd was flat at times. In particular, when PJ went off stage for the encore, there was no crowd reaction. No calling the band back out on stage.  It was quietest I have heard a crowd, while they are waiting for the band to come back out. Just an observation.
    The crowd not cheering during the encore break is becoming more normal, I think, as most (if not all) know that the band is coming back out - it's not a true "encore" anymore, except for rare instances, and even then, it's after the "encore" set, and usually before the band leaves the stage.
    It's more of an "intermission" than an "encore", heh.
  • Options
    mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,165
    STL locals, looking for your best and favorite record stores you’d recommend hitting up.  I’m hoping to go to at least one on Monday morning/early afternoon before leaving town.  Been trying to look up good BBQ places or restaurant to hit for lunch that day and it seems a lot of them are closed Mondays, not sure if record stores are similar. Apologies if it’s already been mentioned in thread.
    Not a local but I’ll be hitting up vintage vinyl and having BBQ in the Delmar loop area on Sunday before the show.

me and my buddy just saw the Descendents at The Pagaent, which is on Delmar. There's a killer place called Seoul Tacos. Korean inspired mexican food....so good!!

Made this my last stop before leaving town on Monday. Those Korean tacos were straight 🔥! Thanks for the rec.
    Yeah, those are really good, they have locations in Chicago too.
  • Options
    We had one in Champaign for several years, which my wife and I loved.  Unfortunately, it closed in early 2019.
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • Options
    deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,114
    mattcoz said:
    mpedone said:
    Glorified G finished it for me, if I count getting WMA as a Daughter tag. That was a great surprise.
    mpedone said:
    BH38140 said:
    Also, I thought the crowd was flat at times. In particular, when PJ went off stage for the encore, there was no crowd reaction. No calling the band back out on stage.  It was quietest I have heard a crowd, while they are waiting for the band to come back out. Just an observation.
    The crowd not cheering during the encore break is becoming more normal, I think, as most (if not all) know that the band is coming back out - it's not a true "encore" anymore, except for rare instances, and even then, it's after the "encore" set, and usually before the band leaves the stage.
    I just realized I have all of VS but Indifference. Heard wma in 1996. 
  • Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,873
    mattcoz said:
    mpedone said:
    mpedone said:
    BH38140 said:

I know the online trackers don't consider the tag as having "seen it", but I do. I would still love to see the full version, but I'm not holding my breath. Then again, I would have guessed they'd play the full WMA before Rats again, so who knows?
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,904
    edited September 2022
    deb1211 said:
    mattcoz said:
    mpedone said:
    mpedone said:
    BH38140 said:
    I just realized I have all of VS but Indifference. Heard wma in 1996. 
    Leash finished it for me this tour. I also finished Ten this tour with Garden and Oceans.

• Options
    BSullyBSully Indiana Posts: 1,039
    mpedone said:
    mattcoz said:
    mpedone said:
    mpedone said:
    BH38140 said:

I know the online trackers don't consider the tag as having "seen it", but I do. I would still love to see the full version, but I'm not holding my breath. Then again, I would have guessed they'd play the full WMA before Rats again, so who knows?
    I'm in the same boat... I've seen the W.M.A. tag and I'm counting it, so Glorified G finished it off for me as well.

Plus, I got Once right after that so I could finish off Ten!
    1998: Noblesville, IN 08-17
    2000: Noblesville, IN 08-18
    2003: Noblesville, IN 06-22
    2006: Cincinnati, OH 06-24
    2010: Noblesville, IN 05-07
    2016: Lexington, KY 04-26, Wrigley Field 2 08-22
    2018: Wrigley Field 1 08-18, Wrigley Field 2 08-20
    2022: St. Louis, MO 09-18
    2024: Noblesville, IN 08-26, Wrigley Field 1 08-29, Wrigley Field 2 08-31