Shut out once again. Ten Club, I would like an explanation

Comments

• aidt17aidt17 Posts: 633
    I put in for the 4 Canadian shows all with best available and won all 4. Is there a chance that the GA odds and the RESERVED SEATING odds were only reflected by the people who applied for ga only and reserved seating only? Or the GA odds reflected best available and ga?  Then the reserved seating odds went way down after the GA Tickets were exhausted and then all those Best available people got moved down into reserved seating pool?  

Side note my buddy didn’t have his Ticketmaster account in line with his 10 club account and his “loser” email said they just couldn’t fulfill his order. Not that he made a user error 
    Hamilton 05, 11, Cleveland 06, Toronto 09, 16, Buffalo 10,13, London 13, Seattle 13, Detroit 14, Milwaukee 14, Ottawa 16, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Wrigley 1 & 2

• mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,268
    PJammin said:
    It's also worth noting that there is language in the "thank you for submitting" email that states "if you are confirmed for a show, but your card is declined for any reason, you will be contacted by Ticketstoday". That kind of kicks out the theories of there being something wrong with the credit card and this becomes more of a processing error on the part of Ticketmaster. 
    Yes, but the confusing thing is it can’t be due to high demand as stated in the email either. 3rd and 4th round picks are going through, so it’s not demand either. 
    It seems more likely there could be CC issues and the decline email just hasn’t gone through yet. Especially since they warned people out of the country to notify their account of a USA purchase.
    But who knows, the only thing I know is it can’t be the one thing they claimed, high demand, if the lotto works the way they say it works.
  • UseUrIllusionsUseUrIllusions Posts: 537
    edited January 2020
    Same I was shout-out as well, but chose GA or bust for the Toronto gig. It was my only show. Top that off, I forgot to sign-up for the presale next Thursday. Anyone have an extra presale link I can have or an extra GA ticket (yup I’m travelling by myself) to sell?? Please pm me, I need your help!
    "This melody, inside of me, still searches for a solution."
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,534
    edited January 2020
    mace1229 said:
    PJammin said:
    It's also worth noting that there is language in the "thank you for submitting" email that states "if you are confirmed for a show, but your card is declined for any reason, you will be contacted by Ticketstoday". That kind of kicks out the theories of there being something wrong with the credit card and this becomes more of a processing error on the part of Ticketmaster. 
    Yes, but the confusing thing is it can’t be due to high demand as stated in the email either. 3rd and 4th round picks are going through, so it’s not demand either. 
    It seems more likely there could be CC issues and the decline email just hasn’t gone through yet. Especially since they warned people out of the country to notify their account of a USA purchase.
    But who knows, the only thing I know is it can’t be the one thing they claimed, high demand, if the lotto works the way they say it works.
    The reject email said due to demand

We are going to get the easiest explanation possible and that likely to be the odds were overstated 
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,815
    edited January 2020
    The odds are BS and demand for this tour will be higher than ever. Demand exceeds supply which means that some people will not get tickets. That is all, there is your explanation.
  • gw246601gw246601 Ontario Posts: 18
    I just got off phone with Ticketmaster and they said at this time they don’t see my request for Toronto (as my number one pick BA) as declined or approved. They said they have until Sunday and then call back if I haven’t heard anything.
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,534
    Good to see the PJ Forum Lottery Statistical  Detective Club is on this case.  

When you enter into a 99% show and get a denial due to demand email...two times...

You might not think its funny 
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,355
    Good to see the PJ Forum Lottery Statistical  Detective Club is on this case.  

When you enter into a 99% show and get a denial due to demand email...two times...

You might not think its funny 
    Yeah I don't find it funny.  If they really had best available and got shut out...that's worrisome for all.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • LostpawnLostpawn Posts: 414
    Get_Right said:
    The odds are BS and demand for this tour will be higher than ever. Demand exceeds supply which means that some people will not get tickets. That is all, there is your explanation.
    That WOULD make sense... if TOR weren't his 1st choice, and others got in with TOR as their 3rd choice.  So no, it's not an odds issue.
  • Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,591
    aidt17 said:

Side note my buddy didn’t have his Ticketmaster account in line with his 10 club account and his “loser” email said they just couldn’t fulfill his order. Not that he made a user error 
    Interesting
  • Another thought... what type of CC was used? I've had issues with TM and AMEX in the past, and I don't believe Discover is a thing in Canada.
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,946
    Lostpawn said:
    Get_Right said:
    That WOULD make sense... if TOR weren't his 1st choice, and others got in with TOR as their 3rd choice.  So no, it's not an odds issue.

This is why my money is on TM screwing up the lottery.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
    Lostpawn said:
    Get_Right said:
    LOTTERY - a process whose success or outcome is governed by chance. Sometimes your name is called, sometimes it is not. It is not complicated.
  • In 2016 I tried to get tickets for Toronto and was shut out too. It happens, that’s what lotteries are for.
  • kristophedkristophed Posts: 73
    edited January 2020
    Just looked again at the email I read this morning about not getting tickets. The email was only in reference to not getting tickets for the Hamilton show. It did not say anything about the Toronto show?

Anyone with a rejection email know if it states all the shows you selected in the email?
    Get_Right said:
    Lostpawn said:
    Get_Right said:
    LOTTERY - a process whose success or outcome is governed by chance. Sometimes your name is called, sometimes it is not. It is not complicated.
    So you are suggesting the the priority that you put on your request is meaningless?  That's the only way your idea of "he just didn't picked" would make any sense at all.  I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here.
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    Hope you get some tickets, moses-i.  
  • CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927
    ibtl
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,268
    mace1229 said:
    PJammin said:
    The reject email said due to demand

We are going to get the easiest explanation possible and that likely to be the odds were overstated 
    Impossible though. Even if they were overstated you can’t lose a round 1 and others he t round 3 and 4.
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,946
    Get_Right said:
    Lostpawn said:
    Get_Right said:

Except that the way we've understood the ticket lottery is that there are rounds. The first round is all of the fans who selected that show as their #1 priority. They draw names until they either run out of allocated tickets, or run out of names. If there are tickets left after the first round, the fans that chose that show as their #2 priority go in the hat.

So, a 99% priority seems to indicate that there are more tickets than people selecting that show, and thus, it's not so much a lottery as a giveaway.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,678
    Just looked again at the email I read this morning about not getting tickets. The email was only in reference to not getting tickets for the Hamilton show. It did not say anything about the Toronto show?

Anyone with a rejection email know if it states all the shows you selected in the email?
    You should get an individual email (accept or reject) for each show.

Did you check spam folder for Toronto email?
    This weekend we rock Portland

moses-i got separate rejections for his 2 shows.  See page 2 of this thread.
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,212

Each show is a separate email.
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    edited January 2020
    Get_Right said:
    Lostpawn said:
    Get_Right said:
    You are right it is not complicated. There is no way a 3 priority BA pick should win if a 1st priority BA pick loses. Defining what a lottery is has nothing to do with how this is set up. 
  • ParksyParksy Posts: 1,749
    I have to sympathize with the OP here.   For those saying 'yadda yadda, it's a lottery, you win some you lose some' I think the OP makes a pretty good point here.  From what I can tell, this system was created to make it fair and equal for folks to get tickets to a show. So if some people went 4/4 including Tor and Ham, and these blokes went bust... something is amiss.  Hopefully those who missed on 10C for whatever reason are still going to enjoy the shows. 
    Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx
  • pjrusspjruss Posts: 494
    Is the screenshot showing the 99% odds a screenshot of the odds when the entry was submitted? If so, odds could have dropped much lower. 
    I don’t recall if Toronto reserved dropped below 99% by the end of entry period. I assume it did. If it didn’t, obviously I have no explanation and feel we definitely all need to understand how 99% doesn’t equal best available tickets. 
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Posts: 2,549
    Regarding submissions of requests, did you (@moses-i or @kristophed ) submit one singular request? Or did you review later in the request window and submit any updated request(s)?

Just wondering if any glitch could've occurred within a specific time frame of submissions or with the possibility of multiple requests canceling one another out. Maybe a reach. Sorry for your frustration.
    Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
    Lostpawn said:
    Get_Right said:
    Lostpawn said:
    Get_Right said:
    So you are suggesting the the priority that you put on your request is meaningless?  That's the only way your idea of "he just didn't picked" would make any sense at all.  I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here.
    I am suggesting that when they stuck their hand in the bag to pull out a name, his was not pulled.  Nobody really knows the process. Its a crapshoot and always has been. Pontificating the why is a waste of time.  
  • agentpinckneyagentpinckney Posts: 267
    edited January 2020
    If you put in real early, the odds would have showed 99 percent for both. The odds dropped considerably by 11:59pm on January 15. When I put in for Hamilton on the morning of 1/15 (BA), the odds of GA were around 50 percent.
    Post edited by agentpinckney on
    October 1, 1996 ... Marine Midland Arena, Buffalo-NY (USA)
    October 12, 2013 ... First Niagara Center, Buffalo-NY (USA)
    May 2, 2016 ... Madison Square Garden, New York-NY (USA)
    May 8, 2016 ... Canadian Tire Centre, Ottawa-Ontario (Canada)
    May 10, 2016 ... Air Canada Centre, Toronto-Ontario (Canada)
    May 12, 2016 ... Air Canada Centre, Toronto-Ontario (Canada)
    August 5, 2016 ... Fenway Park, Boston-Mass. (USA)
    August 7, 2016 ... Fenway Park, Boston-Mass. (USA)
    November 7, 2016 ... TOTD, Madison Square Garden, New York-NY (USA)
    September 2, 2018 ... Fenway Park, Boston-Mass. (USA)
  • Shit I messed up.

I added Hamilton after I sent in the Toronto request. Didn't realize I had to select Toronto again when I submitted the Hamilton show.