Shut out once again. Ten Club, I would like an explanation

Comments

• MANTISMANTIS Posts: 272
    did you have enough space on your credit card. The fine print says insufficient funds will result in loss of tickets...

Columbus 00 -- Toronto 00 -- Toronto 03 -- Hershey 03 -- Boston I 04 -- Boston II 04 -- Toledo 04 -- Kitchener 05 -- London 05 -- Hamilton 05 -- Ottawa 05 -- Toronto 05 -- Toronto I 06 -- Toronto II 06 -- Cleveland 06 -- Detroit 06 -- Gorge I 06 -- Gorge II 06 -- Chicago Lolla 07 -- Toronto 09 -- Buffalo 10 -- Hamilton 11 -- Toronto I 11 -- Toronto II 11 -- Buffalo 13 -- London 13 -- Toronto I 16 -- Toronto II 16 -- Ottawa 16 -- Chicago I  18 -- Chicago II 18 -- Hamilton 22 -- Toronto 22

Ed Ved - Toronto I 08--Toronto II 08

• pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,190
    edited January 2020
    moses-i said:
    moses-i said:
    For all the "you picked GA or bust so it's your own fault ppl"...I did Toronto and Hamilton BA. In that order. And the probability works this way: it is 99% for each show then getting Toronto as your third pick is .99^3 which is about .97 or 97%. While getting Toronto as your first pick should 99%. In fact that is an oversimplification, I assumed that tickets were replaced on each draw or that there are basically infinity tickets. So if the draw is done as it APPEARS it should (I.e. you pick from first priority ppl first then 2nd and 3rd and so on) it is basically impossible for someone to get a Toronto 3rd pick over a Toronto 1st.

What? The percentage chance, you can only use for your 1st choice. 2nd, 3rd you can't use math for - because it depends on how many has put it on their list and the amount of tickets available.

The ones who put it as 2nd choice are only able to get one if there are tickets left after the 1st choice-round (as in, there were more tickets than fans putting it as their 1st choice). Then the rest of the tickets are given out at random to those who put it as the 2nd choice. And then of there are tickets left, the lottery go down to the ones who has put it as their 3rd choice.
    As I said, it is an oversimplification that assumes the odds stay the same with each round. Your explanation of the system as we understand proves by point-it is impossible to get shut out at a first choice pick while others get it at third.
    Yeah, there's no way a 3rd priority would get selected over a 1st BA. Was your entry invalidated for some reason? Do your 10C and TM names not match?
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    As others have said, email 10c. And keep emailing and calling until you get an explanation. My guess is that there was some problem with your entry but if so they should be able to tell you what it was.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • PB11041PB11041 Posts: 2,805
    Can you share the email that said you did not win along with the email of your confirmation of entry?  Something does not jive here.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• moses-imoses-i Posts: 138
    MANTIS said:
    did you have enough space on your credit card. The fine print says insufficient funds will result in loss of tickets...
    I have probably $10000 on my cc and I never have issues with cc. I regularly buy stuff from all over the place online. No flags, no declines.
    if jah is the ship, we smile at the storm.
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 3,013
    Did anyone get contacted by Tickets Today regarding any issue with their payment?
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,946
    Here's the only thing I can think of, and it makes no sense, but then, it is TicketMaster:
    Numbers were not drawn for each show sequentially by round. Meaning, they didn't put all the Toronto Priority #1 numbers in a hat, draw, then put all the Ottawa P1 numbers in a hat, draw, etc.

Instead, they put all the Quebec City P1 numbers in a hat, drew, then put all the p2 Quebec City numbers in a hat, drew, then P3, then P4. Then, all the fans who were shut out of Quebec City got dumped into the Ottawa hat, along with the Ottawa Priority #1 fans, and the draw proceeded.

This is my hunch, as Quebec City emails went out first, followed by Ottawa. I'm not sure of the Hamilton/Toronto timeline, as I was already in bed, but it seems like TM went East-to-West instead of chronologically (so, hey, if this is the stupid, stupid system they're using, good news for NYC and Baltimore).

Again, it doesn't make much sense, but it would explain how you could pick a show as your #1 Priority, but miss out to someone who ranked it lower.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Are they already sending out confirmations on shows?? Anyone else get a confirmation that they won or lost?
    Chicago 6/29/98, Alpine Valley(EV) 6/13/99, Alpine Valley 10/08/00, Chicago 10/09/00, Phoenix 10/20/00, Orlando 4/12/03, Tampa 4/13/03, San Diego 6/05/03, Vegas 6/06/03, Phoenix 6/07/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Orlando 10/08/04, D.C. 10/11/04, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, LA 7/12/08, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09 (Front Row Center, Finally), Phoenix(EV) 11/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Denver 10/22/14, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16
    mpedone said:
    Here's the only thing I can think of, and it makes no sense, but then, it is TicketMaster:
    Numbers were not drawn for each show sequentially by round. Meaning, they didn't put all the Toronto Priority #1 numbers in a hat, draw, then put all the Ottawa P1 numbers in a hat, draw, etc.

Instead, they put all the Quebec City P1 numbers in a hat, drew, then put all the p2 Quebec City numbers in a hat, drew, then P3, then P4. Then, all the fans who were shut out of Quebec City got dumped into the Ottawa hat, along with the Ottawa Priority #1 fans, and the draw proceeded.

This is my hunch, as Quebec City emails went out first, followed by Ottawa. I'm not sure of the Hamilton/Toronto timeline, as I was already in bed, but it seems like TM went East-to-West instead of chronologically (so, hey, if this is the stupid, stupid system they're using, good news for NYC and Baltimore).

Again, it doesn't make much sense, but it would explain how you could pick a show as your #1 Priority, but miss out to someone who ranked it lower.
    even then there is literally no way you could lose 2x with BA on 99%, it is theoretically possible, but totally unbelievable.

Are they already sending out confirmations on shows?? Anyone else get a confirmation that they won or lost?
    yesterday was Canada, today will be Denver, LA and Oak

PB11041 said:
    Can you share the email that said you did not win along with the email of your confirmation of entry?  Something does not jive here.
    +1

• mrk2mrk2 Posts: 2,067
    Have you done something naughty in the past?
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,902
    moses-i said:
    As the title says. I'm a loyal Ten Club member who once again didn't get Ten Club tickets to any shows (specifically in my town Toronto). I would like someone from the Ten Club to explain how this happened when other ppl got all four shows (and will probably get even more US dates) with a third choice Toronto pick. And it appears I'm not the only one. I'm sorry but this is ridiculous and needs be addressed! Thank you.

To the good ppl in the Ten Club. If anyone by chance got two extra tickets for Toronto and/or Hamilton, I will be happy to take them off your hands. Thanks!

I lost on the first Toronto show (hometown) during the 10C lottery in 2016 and also wasn’t present for the second Toronto show drop on Ticketmaster. It was the first time I had lost out on Toronto via 10C; however, I was still at both shows thanks to the generous spirit of our fellow 10C members. Take a deep breath and let the dust settle, wait for people to receive ticket location confirmations and look out for posts offering up spares. Be patient, stay positive, and you’ll be rewarded. You may not have 2 tickets together but if you want to get into the show you likely will.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
    I posted a screen grab of my confirmation email earlier. Here is the reject email:

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,214
    I feel for you I’ve gotten lucky twice with lottery picks , but never for hometown shows @MSG in 0-6 or what ever it might be but all I know I’ve been shutout every single MSG show with lottery that also includes TOTD ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • 1st choice Toronto BA
    2nd Choice Hamilton BA

Shut out
    Unpossible.  Unless you had a name issue that didn't match 10C and Ticketmaster, or a credit card issue.   
    And here is Toronto:

Keep after 10c until they explain what happened. Email and call. What you describe should be almost impossible and it is likely something else went wrong, but 10c should tell you what that was. Keep us posted.

• drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,450
    JimmyV said:
    Keep after 10c until they explain what happened. Email and call. What you describe should be almost impossible and it is likely something else went wrong, but 10c should tell you what that was. Keep us posted.
    Wouldn’t it be Ticketmaster that would know? 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,355
    This thread has me concerned.  
    hippiemom = goodness
    JimmyV said:
    Wouldn’t it be Ticketmaster that would know? 
    Ticketmaster hasn't been operating in a vacuum. 10c has been involved and Santos specifically asked that they be emailed if there are questions.

• drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,450
    On another note, are you the only one that has received an email stating you didn’t win tickets so far? That alone would make me think something else happened other than odds being against you. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • andrew68andrew68 Posts: 1,804
    0-4 as well

explanation is we DID NOT WIN the lottery .....such is life 
    Any new realizations... would have to wait...
    Til he had more time,... more time...
    Time to dream,... to himself... he waves goodbye,
    To himself... I'll see you on the other side...
  • Another theory is that a lot of people did as they said and waited until the very end to enter their lotto picks. If the odds did their final update at 5:00pm PST on Wednesday but the lotto ran until 12am PST, it’s possible that the reserved odds dropped below 99% and we wouldn’t know because we wouldn’t see the odds right before lotto close, not to mention a further dip in GA. So it could be possible that a very unlucky few did indeed get legitimately shutout.
    Not saying it’s cool/right/wrong/etc. just impartially saying it could be possible. 
    2016: Toronto I, Chicago I + II
    2018: Seattle I + II, Chicago I + II
    2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec, Hamilton, Nashville, St. Louis, Krakow, Budapest, Zurich
  • This thread has me concerned.  
    This thread has me concerned.  

I wouldn't sweat it.  If you entered the correct info and chose best available for a show that had 99%, you will get tickets.  The only ways someone got "shut out" of a show that had 99% at the time the lottery closed is:

1. They chose GA only.
    2. Their name didn't match between TM and 10C.
    3. They had issues with their credit card
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,678
    Something definitely doesn't add up here.
    Either the odds were incorrectly listed at 99%, or Ticketmaster is doing something crazy with the draws completely different to what 10club did in the past.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • RP123663 said:
    1st choice Toronto BA
    2nd Choice Hamilton BA

Shut out
    Unpossible.  Unless you had a name issue that didn't match 10C and Ticketmaster, or a credit card issue.   
    I don't think there would be a name issue. Same credit card (Amex)I pay for 10C with and all previous concert tickets. 
  • chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,469
    This doesnt add up, it said that the odds work exactly the same as they did in 10C. And if thats the case, the Home/AWAY shows were almost identical in regards to odds being so great and 10C securing "more tickets than ever before". Clearly you submitted correctly, as you received a confirmation email along with emails saying you didnt win tickets. Do you live in the US and maybe your bank blocked a international charge?
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • RP123663 said:
    1st choice Toronto BA
    2nd Choice Hamilton BA

Shut out
    I don't think there would be a name issue. Same credit card (Amex)I pay for 10C with and all previous concert tickets. 
    I know some people put their short version of their name for their 10 club profile (Bill instead of William).  If that doesn't match with Ticketmaster, it could be rejected.  

Otherwise, I think a lot of people may have clicked on GA only and not both GA and RES.  This would be the only other way to get shut out of a 99% show.  

At the bottom of the email confirming your request shows you exactly what you picked.  If you wanted best available, it will show that you chose 2 types of tickets for each show.
    This doesnt add up, it said that the odds work exactly the same as they did in 10C. And if thats the case, the Home/AWAY shows were almost identical in regards to odds being so great and 10C securing "more tickets than ever before". Clearly you submitted correctly, as you received a confirmation email along with emails saying you didnt win tickets. Do you live in the US and maybe your bank blocked a international charge?
    I live in toronto