Options

***Spring 2020 Lottery Results***

Comments

• Options
    BmyersBmyers Posts: 58
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    I don't think it's unreasonable to be annoyed by the lack of information re: GA v. reserved. I'm just curious if anyone has a reasonable explanation for NOT sending that info? I'm seeing the "TM is nefarious" theories (which I wouldn't dismiss entirely), but one of two things must be true:
    1) They don't yet know who got GA and who got reserved. Why/how would that be the case? or,
    2) They do know, but have chosen not to provide that information now. Why would that be the case?
    1) that is definitely not the case
    2) I think it's specifically to discourage people from playing the ticket trading/upgrading game. You Get What You Get, And You Don't Get Upset.
    A reasonable guess, though "you don't get upset" is perhaps not within their control. I also wonder how much of an effect it will have on trading/upgrading. Will NOT knowing make people less likely to buy different tickets via the VF sale (because that's the only significant even that happens before our seats are revealed)? 
    If i "win" the lottery I still need 2 (my wife and brothers wife) so... I will be buying at least 2 regardless of the location of the seats or GA
  • Options
    SB117186SB117186 Posts: 346
    ecdanc said:
    SB117186 said:
    i'm constantly refreshing me email, only put my name in for one show... if I can't find a babysitter, I will have to sell them  :(
    Your kids?
    lol, the tickets not the kids!
  • Options
    TA243471TA243471 The Great Northwest Posts: 1,226
    So, all I've seen so far is Quebec, and anyone that mentioned it, said that it was their 1st choice, and picked Best Available.  I haven't seen a comment from someone who only picked GA, or only picked Reserved, and no 2nd choices yet.
    • 2006: Gorge 1
    • 2009: Seattle 1
    • 2013: Seattle
    • 2016: Wrigley 1 & 2
    • 2018: Seattle 1&2, Montana
    • 2020: San Diego, LA 1&2, Oakland 1&2
    • 2022: San Diego, LA 1&2, Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Denver
    • 2024: Vancouver 1, Portland, Las Vegas 1&2, Seattle 1&2
  • Options
    MD190661MD190661 Posts: 394
    How many shows were less that 99%? 2 or 3? Won't everyone who put in for any show, besides the ones with less than 99% get tickets? If they aren't telling where the seats are today-Sunday, what is there to even be anxious about today? I put in for 2 Oakland show and I expect to get them both. Why wouldn't I? I am anxious to know where my seats are since there is a sale to the public before I know. I have to trust whatever I get via 10 Club will be better than the VF sale, but I don't really have any way of knowing this. So it bothers me.
    10/1/94, 6/22/95, 6/24/95, 9/16/96, 7/22/98, 10/21/01, 6/1/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 9/1/05, 7/15/06, 7/18/06, 8/28/09, 10/07/09, 10/3/12, 11/26/13, 6/18/18, 8/10/18, 5/12/22, 5/13/22, 5/13/24, 5/25/24

• Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,442
    TA243471 said:
    So, all I've seen so far is Quebec, and anyone that mentioned it, said that it was their 1st choice, and picked Best Available.  I haven't seen a comment from someone who only picked GA, or only picked Reserved, and no 2nd choices yet.
    A friend of mine won 1st priority GA
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,415
    well I guess the nice thing about putting only GA or only reserved in this case is that you will know exactly what you got without them having to confirm it 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    BV84003BV84003 Holt, MI Posts: 360
    afgpj said:
    Zod said:
    yocum136 said:
    I'm worried since I haven't been a member very long, just over two years, that if I end up with reserved (I chose best available) I won't have good seats. If that's the case I'm more than willing to pay more to upgrade, but with public tickets going on sale first I'm kind of put in a predicament..... should I try to purchase the best ticket available through Verified Fan/Public Sale without knowing where my 10c seats are going to be? According to what I've read it seems I'd be able to sell the 10c tickets at face value through the Fan to Fan Exchange but I know that's a brand new process so I'm not 100% sure that'd be the case. 

I love the band and will be grateful just to be in the building, I'm just trying to maximize my concert experience 
    I think it's moot.  PJ takes up all the best seats.  Ergo (unless something goes wrong). The worst 10c seat should still be better than the best public seat.   The only exception might be release holds later on.   Stuff that was held for friends/family/radio but not used.  Sometimes some side stage tix closer to the day of the show kind of thing.   For the most part though... TM will be worse.
    I wonder what % of GA is available for TC?  Will the entire PIT be TC and the rear "floor" sections be for everyone else?
    That's pretty much how it's always been with some exceptions, but I'm sure some GA tickets will wind up on the ticket exchange.
    2003 Clarkston MI #2 | 2004 Grand Rapids MI | 2013 London ON | 2014 Detroit MI | 2016 Toronto ON #1
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,220
  • Options
    TorontonianTorontonian Posts: 543
    edited January 2020
    Well I haven't got an email yet but I won somethin'!:

Ticketstoday*Pearl Jam
    Pending Entertainment Purchase
    $310.20
  • Options
    ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814
    JPPJ84 said:
    TA243471 said:
    A friend of mine won 1st priority GA
    Someone on another thread said they won GA. Presumably they'd only know that if they'd requested GA only. 
  • Options
    Well I haven't got an email yet but I won somethin'!:

Ticketstoday*Pearl Jam
    Pending Entertainment Purchase
    $310.20
    You request QC?
  • Options
    ecdanc said:
    Zod said:
    yocum136 said:
    I'm worried since I haven't been a member very long, just over two years, that if I end up with reserved (I chose best available) I won't have good seats. If that's the case I'm more than willing to pay more to upgrade, but with public tickets going on sale first I'm kind of put in a predicament..... should I try to purchase the best ticket available through Verified Fan/Public Sale without knowing where my 10c seats are going to be? According to what I've read it seems I'd be able to sell the 10c tickets at face value through the Fan to Fan Exchange but I know that's a brand new process so I'm not 100% sure that'd be the case. 

I love the band and will be grateful just to be in the building, I'm just trying to maximize my concert experience 
    I think it's moot.  PJ takes up all the best seats.  Ergo (unless something goes wrong). The worst 10c seat should still be better than the best public seat.   The only exception might be release holds later on.   Stuff that was held for friends/family/radio but not used.  Sometimes some side stage tix closer to the day of the show kind of thing.   For the most part though... TM will be worse.
    I think you're glossing over people's concerns. Some here are unconvinced--especially given TM's role in the process--by the bit I bolded. I'd like to think you're right, but we don't/can't really know, can we?
    Completely agree, this was gonna be my response. I hope you're right, pretty much have to wait and see. 
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,220
    benjs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I chose the “help Ed make the setlist” option.  $500 Canadian which equates to $2 usd.  
    For only $4500 CDN more, I got "Pearl Jam plays only Rush and Tragically Hip songs".
    How much to replace Rush with Alexisonfire?

Sorry no thrash here. We only take City and Color requests. Only if it’s requested with the American spelling. 
    Dallas Green is just a short kayak ride away from me, I can put in a request?

Closer to Lakeside Park or Erica Strange?
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,378
    tdawe said:
    JBob87 said:
    jcoudriet said:
    awilkins said:
    I got an email saying I got QC; it was my first and only priority, I selected best available.
    I assumed, based on the wording, that we'd be notified of GA vs Reserved in this email, and that actual physical seat locations would be released the week of January 27.  There would be no way that they wouldn't know between GA and reserved, so why not include that.
    While I am happy to have 10C tix and be in the door, I would like to know what general location they are, especially given that I won't find out until after the two other sales--we're still trying to sort out numbers of people, tickets, travel, etc., so it would be nice to know GA vs. Reserved...
    This is what I am concerned about. Hopefully, the 10C tickets will be better than the tickets that are sold to the general public right?
    I feel like because it is all in the hands of TM and the odds are 99% for most shows this may no longer be true.
    I'm starting to get worried that the deal cut here was a higher number of total tickets potentially available for the lottery in exchange for more "flexibility" around which tickets those actually end up being.
    The 99% would only be reflective of the quantity of tickets, not the quality?

I could be wrong, but it would seem odd if PJ put in all this effort and let some of the best tickets go to general sale/scalpers?
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,631
    =)

• Options
    edited January 2020

You've Scored Pearl Jam Tickets for Quebec City, QC!

We have charged your credit card for CA$310.20; the charge will appear on your credit card statement as Ticketstoday*Pearl Jam. A summary of your transaction is at the bottom of this email.

All sales are final. No refunds. If you selected a Commemorative Ticket Package, this will appear as a separate charge on your card, billed January 23.

What Happens Next?
    We will email you instructions on how to view your tickets during the week of January 27.
  • Options
    Lost_And_No_GuideLost_And_No_Guide Posts: 73
    edited January 2020
    well I guess the nice thing about putting only GA or only reserved in this case is that you will know exactly what you got without them having to confirm it 
    I wonder how many people, had they known that you wouldn't find out til after the public sale, would have put reserved only, or GA only, as their request
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 2,005
    BV84003 said:
    afgpj said:
    Zod said:
    yocum136 said:

I wonder what % of GA is available for TC?  Will the entire PIT be TC and the rear "floor" sections be for everyone else?
    That's pretty much how it's always been with some exceptions, but I'm sure some GA tickets will wind up on the ticket exchange.
    I looked back and in the 2016 tour announcement, they made a point of saying that the club had "acquired" the entire GA pits. Unless I missed it I don't think they said that this time, so we're just guessing.

https://pearljam.com/ten-club/event/2016-pearl-jam-tour-announcement
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    A whole buncha people (on these boards) gonna be upset if they do MSG after, say, Nashville, OKC, etc. 
    Maybe they'll do it last!
    Post edited by ecdanc on
  • Options
    MooMoo Posts: 12
    Wife requested only 1 show for Quebec, best available, she got the email. I requested best available for 1 Canada (Ottawa) show, 1 US show, and I haven't heard anything yet.
  • Options
    awilkinsawilkins Posts: 984
    I wonder how many people, had they known that you wouldn't find out til after the public sale, would have put reserved only, or GA only, as their request
    I definitely would have thought about it.
  • Options
    BmyersBmyers Posts: 58
    I wonder how many people, had they known that you wouldn't find out til after the sale, would have put reserved only, or GA only, as their request
    Me probably... One would think they would say YAY you get Reserved or GA 
    and you can view them later..
     Torontonian said:

What Happens Next?
    We will email you instructions on how to view your tickets during the week of January 27.
     This just means to me we will see actual seats...  maybe I'm a dumbass?
  • Options
    QC tix confirmed
    That I no longer give a fuck
    Who is wrong and who’s right
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,033
    is it weird how slow this is rolling out?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    ritg19 said:
    Just confirming - the commemorative ticket option gets me a picture with Ed, right?
    I read that if you chose the commemorative ticket option, then you'd be pulled up to the side of the stage for the show.

And fuck that with getting a cup to pass. They give you your own bottle of Barolo, too! 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    BV84003BV84003 Holt, MI Posts: 360
    tdawe said:
    BV84003 said:
    afgpj said:
    Zod said:
    yocum136 said:

I looked back and in the 2016 tour announcement, they made a point of saying that the club had "acquired" the entire GA pits. Unless I missed it I don't think they said that this time, so we're just guessing.

https://pearljam.com/ten-club/event/2016-pearl-jam-tour-announcement
    Hm, that's true. I feel like if they didn't have access to the entirety of what's already a small pit area though, that the odds of GA tickets would be much lower than they were for most of these shows. Unless there's substantially less demand than in previous tours, which I doubt?
    2003 Clarkston MI #2 | 2004 Grand Rapids MI | 2013 London ON | 2014 Detroit MI | 2016 Toronto ON #1
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,026
    Can the people that are getting the Quebec tickets say what they picked and what round? Help out those that are still waiting. 
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 2,005
    awilkins said:
    I definitely would have thought about it.

I might have too but would have immediately dismissed it. It would be better to know but it doesn't REALLY make a difference, at least to those of us looking at the high-demand shows in NY and MD - I need more tickets for both to accommodate family & friends and will be scrapping for whatever I can get next Thursday regardless of if/where I have club tickets. To me the issue is not that I'm being harmed by them not telling us now, it's that I can't escape the conclusion that Ticketmaster is playing some kind of game here and that pisses me off.
  • Options
    is it weird how slow this is rolling out?
    Yeah, why start with show 3?
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    PJNB said:
    Can the people that are getting the Quebec tickets say what they picked and what round? Help out those that are still waiting. 
    #1 Ottawa BA
    #2 Quebec BA
    #3 Hamilton BA
    #4 Toronto BA
    Only informed and charged for Quebec so far.