Options

***Spring 2020 Lottery Results***

Comments

• Options
    ritg19ritg19 Posts: 111
    why are people still typing up their member number with x's? like their 10C identity could stolen?
    Easier to remember the first 3 then the entire 6 (in my case).  Could not tell you what the whole number is and the extra numbers don't change the story and not worth looking up
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on....
  • Options
    RD171825RD171825 Posts: 440
    Obsessively checking my email all day, now its getting worse with word of confirmations being sent out. Put in for Hamilton *crosses fingers*
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,033
    my member number is somewhere in the 500,000's and my code was in the 590,000's. I would imagine these numbers were randomly generated. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,552
    Saltzy23 said:
    Yeah, not knowing where you were sitting until the day of the show, which required you to get to the arena hours beforehandf you didn't wanna wait in line at the 10C Will Call window closer to show time was a real treat.

I for one am certainly gonna miss that.
    This is a huge upgrade.   Some of those lines were ridiculous.  
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    MooMoo Posts: 12
    My wife got the email confirmation for Quebec.  She confirmed that in 10c my tickets was not updated.  Still waiting on my confirmation for Ottawa.
  • Options
    I would hope that regardless of how many seats are available for 10C fans vs what gets sold that they would just fill up the best seats for all 10C. Then the remaining would go to the TM verified and then to general with out big gaps in the seating for 10C memebrs. Of course, this would probably be too good to be true but if all kinds of 10C members were in the upper decks surrounded by non 10C tickets it would look really bad.
    Vancouver 05-11-00, Vancouver 05-30-03, Hamilton 09-13-05, Toronto 05-10-06, Toronto 08-21-09, Toronto 09-11/12-11, London 07-16-13, Buffalo 10-12-13, Ottawa 05-08-2016, Toronto 05-10-2016, Toronto 05-12-2016, Seatle 08-10-2018
  • Options
    ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814
    I don't think it's unreasonable to be annoyed by the lack of information re: GA v. reserved. I'm just curious if anyone has a reasonable explanation for NOT sending that info? I'm seeing the "TM is nefarious" theories (which I wouldn't dismiss entirely), but one of two things must be true:
    1) They don't yet know who got GA and who got reserved. Why/how would that be the case? or,
    2) They do know, but have chosen not to provide that information now. Why would that be the case?
  • Options
    JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Yeah, not knowing where you were sitting until the day of the show, which required you to get to the arena hours beforehandf you didn't wanna wait in line at the 10C Will Call window closer to show time was a real treat.

This is a huge upgrade.   Some of those lines were ridiculous.  
    Terrible those lines
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,355
    Saltzy23 said:

GET OUT OF MY HEAD.

seriously though.  it’s getting to the point where people are fine tuning their selective memory to be able to complain about stuff
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    There are actually 10C seats in the upper level? I just rejoined after I let it expire, my last 10C seats were fine, in the lower bowl at least for the Binaural show. I would definitely try the public sale if I knew for sure the 10C tix were upper level...
    Yes, the seat diagrams in the presale suggested that 10c has seats in upper levels.   And I believe in the past, some 10C people had upper deck tickets, too.  

What was your previous number?  What is your current number?  (mine is 18X,XXX, or something)
    I don't remember (or know how to find my previous #).  My new # is 704XXX.    my presale code was 317XXX
    I've only even been upper level once for PJ, and it was the 1st row, so I still felt like I was part of the party. 

Ah wow.  Do you remember when you first registered for 10C?  I am trying to determine if I passed you up haha. 

I only joined in 2015, for the 2016 tour. So my number wasn't great. I was always able to get ok tickets to every PJ show I've been to. I've only had 10C tix once, and they were ok. Sec 105 at the ACC  (so 106, 107, 108 and 109 were the better sections).
  • Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    edited January 2020
    This is a completely random side effect, but at MSG in 2016 I blatantly saw people skip the entire merch line by saying they needed to go to will call to pick up their 10C tickets, walk through security, grab their tickets, walk over to the to the merch stands in the inner concourse, buy their stuff without waiting on line at all and walk right out.
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,552
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    There are actually 10C seats in the upper level? I just rejoined after I let it expire, my last 10C seats were fine, in the lower bowl at least for the Binaural show. I would definitely try the public sale if I knew for sure the 10C tix were upper level...
    Yes, the seat diagrams in the presale suggested that 10c has seats in upper levels.   And I believe in the past, some 10C people had upper deck tickets, too.  

What was your previous number?  What is your current number?  (mine is 18X,XXX, or something)
    I don't remember (or know how to find my previous #).  My new # is 704XXX.    my presale code was 317XXX
    I've only even been upper level once for PJ, and it was the 1st row, so I still felt like I was part of the party. 

Ah wow.  Do you remember when you first registered for 10C?  I am trying to determine if I passed you up haha. 

I only joined in 2015, for the 2016 tour. So my number wasn't great. I was always able to get ok tickets to every PJ show I've been to. I've only had 10C tix once, and they were ok. Sec 105 at the ACC  (so 106, 107, 108 and 109 were the better sections).
    Gotcha
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    PeterEDPeterED Posts: 365
    question for those who have rec’d confirmation: was it sent to your TM email account or your 10C (assuming you use different addresses)?
    Barrie, Ontario (August 05, 1992); Toronto, Ontario (August 18, 1993); Toronto, Ontario (October 05, 2000); Buffalo, New York (May 02, 2003); Toronto, Ontario (May 09, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (May 10, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (August 21, 2009); Buffalo, New York (May 10, 2010); Toronto, Ontario (September 11, 2011); Toronto, Ontario (September 12, 2011); Toronto 1 (May 10, 2016); Toronto 2 (May 12, 2016); Ottawa (September 3, 2022); Hamilton (September 6, 2022); Toronto (September 8, 2022)
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,994
    Has anyone who was confirmed today written to tickets@pearljam.com and asked why there is no indication of GA or RES? 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    estarr31 said:
    MD190661 said:
    JP218404 said:
    MD190661 said:
    JP218404 said:
    Who cares where it is! You got the tickets. Assume whatever you put first and the order you put in is what you’re getting. You’re in the building. Be happy. 
    I care. I paid for tickets. I'd like to know where they are before the regular or TM presale. Not that much to ask, esp now that the 10 Club sale has crap seats available. I'm happy to see them, but what else do you spend $125 for and not know exactly what you are getting? 
    this is nothing new.  outside of choosing GA or Reserve and maybe 2018 I think, we have always put in for the lottery on the blind on where our seats are going to be.
    But I'll be bothered if I could have gotten better seats on the regular sale than I receive via 10 Club. That's all. Esp now that 10 Club has upper level seats. I don't see any reason why they can't let you know before the regular sale. It's still a week away. I do trust 10 Club to take care of their folks, but as others have stated, don't trust TM to ever do the right thing. So we'll see.
    From the look of the seating charts, why do you think the public sale will have better seats than 10C? Only possibility is the remaining 10C seats that get released back, but that would imply 10C received the best of those available. (assuming 10C had all those sections available which I think they did initially). They should have mentioned GA or reserved in the confirmation however.

I hope you're right. :) If I get my two shows they are drafting a good chunck of money from my bank account, so I would be upset if I could have bought better seats in general public sale. Surely the 10C tickets will be better. I will be happy to be in the building obviously.
  • Options
    halshakarchihalshakarchi Toronto Posts: 176
    YAKIMATSU said:
    I have 420xxx.
    I remember the important part. 
    Did your code start with 69? If so, nice.
  • Options
    TA243471TA243471 The Great Northwest Posts: 1,226
    So far only Quebec notifications?
    • 2006: Gorge 1
    • 2009: Seattle 1
    • 2013: Seattle
    • 2016: Wrigley 1 & 2
    • 2018: Seattle 1&2, Montana
    • 2020: San Diego, LA 1&2, Oakland 1&2
    • 2022: San Diego, LA 1&2, Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Denver
    • 2024: Vancouver 1, Portland, Las Vegas 1&2, Seattle 1&2
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,795
    by not thinking through the GA vs Reserved answer for better or worse they have opened a can of worms.  
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    Since no one has mentioned Toronto, it seems like perhaps they're not going in chronological order? And that they opted to start with a show that had less demand? Makes one wonder which US show(s) they'll do first. 
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,220
    ajflicker said:
    kaw753 said:
    ajflicker said:
    PJNB said:
    Excited for today.  Made sure to call my credit card company to allow multiple charges from “TicketsToday Pearl Jam” as advised.

I changed my final order at 10 pm last night, based on GA odds, to:

1.  Ottawa Best Available
    2.  Quebec Best Available
    3.  Hamilton Best Available
    4.  Toronto Best Available

Would be amazing to get Ottawa and Quebec GA and Hamilton and Toronto Reserved  but just thankful to the Ten Club for all they do and acquiring so many tickets this tour.  The new system is great and makes me think back to those F5 days (still have my PJF5 shirt! 😁).  Exciting week this has been! 🤟
    I did the same for OTT and QBC for first and second but went GA only. Just a bit nerve racking! 
    At this point, I'm perfectly happy with "in the building". I'd like at least one GA, though, so I put OTT, TO, QC, Ham - best available for all.

But I also put in for San Diego, and that's my only US date. So, with any luck, at least one of those should come out in my favour.
    Toronto almost certainly won’t make it to the 2nd round for GA.  It was at 30% for GA at the end of the lottery...

GA odds at 10:18 pm last night were:

Toronto 33%
    Hamilton 42%
    Ottawa 59%
    Quebec 79%
    Yep, and I'm perfectly OK with that. I live in Ottawa and will be taking the train into TO day-of. My ticket-buddy bailed last minute, so I'm going solo to TO. I'd much rather wait in line for GA for my home city than have to run from my train to GA. Plus, this gives me a little more time to peruse merch and the like :)
    Last tour I went to the Ottawa show. Took me 6 hours to get there but it was worth it. The arena is in an odd place. There is nothing around there.
    Don't worry, we people from Ottawa noticed that in 1997 and were too polite to say anything at the time. Probably should have said something.

The real answer is that they expected the tech boom to continue in Kanata and all the money was going to be on that side of the city. Whoops!
    Does Ottawa still have the "Beer Store"?....that place is awesome.  Order up a 12-er of Labatt's and they roll it out on an industrial revolution "conveyor" from the warehouse to the front of the store.  
    The Beer Store has crap beer. Hit the LCBO and get some Munich Gold.

Hey, quick question. Can the benefits of socialized booze be discussed here or in AMT?
  • Options
    MakeUSmileMakeUSmile NJ Posts: 1,069
    PeterED said:
    question for those who have rec’d confirmation: was it sent to your TM email account or your 10C (assuming you use different addresses)?
    Good question. Need to know what email to constantly refresh tomorrow.  
    Also, anyone get confirmed who only put in for GA? 
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • Options
    PB11041 said:
    by not thinking through the GA vs Reserved answer for better or worse they have opened a can of worms.  
    Yeah. Even if the answer is "it just didn't occur to them that anyone cared..." That seems a misjudgment. 
  • Options
    Trying to compare apples with apples...
    In 2016, my lottery tickets in Qc city got me section 120, row OO...side stage but quite high.... Had asked for best available. 
    And in 2005, still in Qc city, I got floor seventh row in front of McCready!
     Go figure

My membership# is 220xxx
    Biggest difference between those two concerts was that there was also a show in Montreal in 05. So many fans just went to MTL. 
  • Options
    Haven't seen that many confirmations here on the board for QC, but perhaps that's due to the demand.
    "This melody, inside of me, still searches for a solution."
  • Options
    ecdanc said:
    I don't think it's unreasonable to be annoyed by the lack of information re: GA v. reserved. I'm just curious if anyone has a reasonable explanation for NOT sending that info? I'm seeing the "TM is nefarious" theories (which I wouldn't dismiss entirely), but one of two things must be true:
    1) They don't yet know who got GA and who got reserved. Why/how would that be the case? or,
    2) They do know, but have chosen not to provide that information now. Why would that be the case?
    1) that is definitely not the case
    2) I think it's specifically to discourage people from playing the ticket trading/upgrading game. You Get What You Get, And You Don't Get Upset.
  • Options
    halshakarchihalshakarchi Toronto Posts: 176
    ecdanc said:
    Since no one has mentioned Toronto, it seems like perhaps they're not going in chronological order? And that they opted to start with a show that had less demand? Makes one wonder which US show(s) they'll do first. 
    Maybe they’re doing Quebec -> Ottawa -> Toronto -> Hamilton.

I have requested tix for Toronto and Hamilton so I wonder if I get one confirmation email or two.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    tdawe said:
    ritg19 said:
    Just confirming - the commemorative ticket option gets me a picture with Ed, right?
    I read that if you chose the commemorative ticket option, then you'd be pulled up to the side of the stage for the show.

I considered doing commemorative ticket, but then I saw the "stage used tambourine + signed setlist" option which I thought was better.
    I chose the “help Ed make the setlist” option.  $500 Canadian which equates to $2 usd.  

I am kinda new here. Help who?
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    I chose the “help Ed make the setlist” option.  $500 Canadian which equates to $2 usd.  
    For only $4500 CDN more, I got "Pearl Jam plays only Rush and Tragically Hip songs".

Play Vapor Trail(s)

two birds one stone. 
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:
    why are people still typing up their member number with x's? like their 10C identity could stolen?
    This made me laugh. I never really understood it, but did it because every other person in here does. 

it is because only the first few numbers are important and memorable.  I know I am 308xxx.  dont know or care about the last 3 digits.  

It isnt a fraud protection thing, it is practicality.
    Oh, I'm a nerd and have memorized mine.  It's like my PJ social security number.
    Boston (4/10/94), Hartford (10/2/96), Barre (8/22/98), Hartford (9/13/98), Mansfield (9/15/98 + 9/16/98), Mansfield (8/29/00 + 8/30/00), Mansfield (7/2/03 + 7/11/03), Boston (9/28/04), Hartford (5/13/06), Boston (5/24/06 + 5/25/06), Hartford (6/27/08), Mansfield (6/28/08 + 6/30/08), Philadelphia (10/31/09), Hartford (5/15/10), Worcester (10/15/13 + 10/16/13), Hartford (10/25/13), New York (5/1/16), Boston (8/5/16 + 8/7/16), Boston (9/2/18 + 9/4/18)
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    ecdanc said:
    1) that is definitely not the case
    2) I think it's specifically to discourage people from playing the ticket trading/upgrading game. You Get What You Get, And You Don't Get Upset.
    A reasonable guess, though "you don't get upset" is perhaps not within their control. I also wonder how much of an effect it will have on trading/upgrading. Will NOT knowing make people less likely to buy different tickets via the VF sale (because that's the only significant even that happens before our seats are revealed)? 
    Post edited by ecdanc on