Options

***Spring 2020 Lottery Results***

Comments

• Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,220
    mcgruff10 said:
    I chose the “help Ed make the setlist” option.  $500 Canadian which equates to $2 usd.  
    For only $4500 CDN more, I got "Pearl Jam plays only Rush and Tragically Hip songs".
    How much to replace Rush with Alexisonfire?

Sorry no thrash here. We only take City and Color requests. Only if it’s requested with the American spelling. 
  • Options
    halshakarchihalshakarchi Toronto Posts: 176
    PeterED said:
    question for those who have rec’d confirmation: was it sent to your TM email account or your 10C (assuming you use different addresses)?
    Ack for some reason I was remembering that your 10c and Ticketmaster email addresses needed to be the same to be eligible but it’s your name that had to be. Whew.
  • Options
    ajflickerajflicker Canada Posts: 166
    RD171825 said:
    Obsessively checking my email all day, now its getting worse with word of confirmations being sent out. Put in for Hamilton *crosses fingers*
    I put Hamilton as first choice. Anxiously waiting
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,222
    Save Who said:
    e-mail from ticketmaster!  Just letting me know Foreigner is coming to town ...

Image result for who cares meme
    Hahaha this got me 😂
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    I'm worried since I haven't been a member very long, just over two years, that if I end up with reserved (I chose best available) I won't have good seats. If that's the case I'm more than willing to pay more to upgrade, but with public tickets going on sale first I'm kind of put in a predicament..... should I try to purchase the best ticket available through Verified Fan/Public Sale without knowing where my 10c seats are going to be? According to what I've read it seems I'd be able to sell the 10c tickets at face value through the Fan to Fan Exchange but I know that's a brand new process so I'm not 100% sure that'd be the case. 

I love the band and will be grateful just to be in the building, I'm just trying to maximize my concert experience 
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,995
    mcgruff10 said:
    I chose the “help Ed make the setlist” option.  $500 Canadian which equates to $2 usd.  
    For only $4500 CDN more, I got "Pearl Jam plays only Rush and Tragically Hip songs".

Sorry no thrash here. We only take City and Color requests. Only if it’s requested with the American spelling. 
    Dallas Green is just a short kayak ride away from me, I can put in a request?
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    I don't think it's unreasonable to be annoyed by the lack of information re: GA v. reserved. I'm just curious if anyone has a reasonable explanation for NOT sending that info? I'm seeing the "TM is nefarious" theories (which I wouldn't dismiss entirely), but one of two things must be true:
    1) They don't yet know who got GA and who got reserved. Why/how would that be the case? or,
    2) They do know, but have chosen not to provide that information now. Why would that be the case?
    1) that is definitely not the case
    2) I think it's specifically to discourage people from playing the ticket trading/upgrading game. You Get What You Get, And You Don't Get Upset.
    A reasonable guess, though "you don't get upset" is perhaps not within their control. I also wonder how much of an effect it will have on trading/upgrading. Will NOT knowing make people less likely to buy different tickets via the VF sale (because that's the only significant even that happens before our seats are revealed)? 
    oh yeah, the don't get upset part was a joke--people are going to be upset no matter what.  the second part is interesting--definitely possible that it would in fact lead to more people attempting to 'upgrade' on the unknown
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 2,005
    ecdanc said:
    I don't think it's unreasonable to be annoyed by the lack of information re: GA v. reserved. I'm just curious if anyone has a reasonable explanation for NOT sending that info? I'm seeing the "TM is nefarious" theories (which I wouldn't dismiss entirely), but one of two things must be true:
    1) They don't yet know who got GA and who got reserved. Why/how would that be the case? or,
    2) They do know, but have chosen not to provide that information now. Why would that be the case?
    This is where I'm at too. 1 simply cannot be true, it would be impossible for them to run the lotteries without sorting the winners into GA & reserved unless (a) they had so few entries vs. available tickets that they could accommodate any permutation of GA/reserved requests (not likely) or (b) every person who entered chose "Best Available" (also not likely). 

I still can't think of a decent answer for 2. I don't have a great theory about exactly how Ticketmaster would be juking things around to their benefit, but in the absence of some kind of alternative colorable argument for why they might be doing this I'm left to assume the worst about them.
  • Options
    JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    mcgruff10 said:

How about The Blue Stones?
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    No email yet for Quebec . Man , I thought technology was supposed to make things easier . 2 companies websites  , 2 codes , 4 links , 4 choices , 2 e-mail confirmations and I'm still here stressing waiting for an email . From who , I don't know .   
  • Options
    afgpjafgpj Upstate NY Posts: 142
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    2) I think it's specifically to discourage people from playing the ticket trading/upgrading game. You Get What You Get, And You Don't Get Upset.
    A reasonable guess, though "you don't get upset" is perhaps not within their control. I also wonder how much of an effect it will have on trading/upgrading. Will NOT knowing make people less likely to buy different tickets via the VF sale (because that's the only significant even that happens before our seats are revealed)? 
    oh yeah, the don't get upset part was a joke--people are going to be upset no matter what.  the second part is interesting--definitely possible that it would in fact lead to more people attempting to 'upgrade' on the unknown
    Yes, you have nothing to lose with trying in the VF and Public sale.  I know I can easily sell extra tix to fellow fans.
  • Options
    SB117186SB117186 Posts: 346
    ... the waiting drove me mad...
  • Options
    ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814
    ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    I'm guessing the difference is negligible, but I don't know. Would someone who hoped for GA, but has a high 10c number take a flyer on VF sale tickets in the hope they'd be better than the 10c tickets? 
  • Options
    dlymnflddlymnfld CT Posts: 917

Springfield 4/6/94, Boston 4/6/94, Hartford 10/2/96, New York 9/11/98, Hartford 9/13/98, Mansfield 8/30/00, Boston 9/28/04, Reading 10/1/04, Quebec City 9/20/05, Boston 5/24/06, Hartford 5/13/06, New York 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08 Philadelphia 10/31/09, Hartford 10/15/10,
    Boston 10/17/10, East Troy 9/3/11, East Troy 9/4/11, Missoula 9/30/12, Worcester 10/15/13, Hartford 10/25/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13,
    St. Paul 10/19/14, New York 9/26/15, Quebec City 5/5/16, Boston 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18, Boston 9/4/18, Quebec City 9/1/22, Camden 9/14/22, Oklahoma City 9/20/22 
  • Options
    guitar101guitar101 Sutton, ON Posts: 397
    At this rate I'm starting to wonder if they're literally pulling names out of a hat.
    2005-9-12 London, ON
    2006-5-09 Toronto
    2007-8-03 (ed w/ ben harper) chicago / 2007-8-05 chicago
    2008-8-12 (ed solo) toronto
    2009-10-08 (ed solo) Albany
    2011-9-11 Toronto / 2011-9-12 Toronto
    2013-7-16 London, ON / 2013-7-19 Chicago / 2013-10-12 Buffalo
    2016-5-11 Toronto, On / 2016-5-13 Toronto, On
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,378
    yocum136 said:
    I'm worried since I haven't been a member very long, just over two years, that if I end up with reserved (I chose best available) I won't have good seats. If that's the case I'm more than willing to pay more to upgrade, but with public tickets going on sale first I'm kind of put in a predicament..... should I try to purchase the best ticket available through Verified Fan/Public Sale without knowing where my 10c seats are going to be? According to what I've read it seems I'd be able to sell the 10c tickets at face value through the Fan to Fan Exchange but I know that's a brand new process so I'm not 100% sure that'd be the case. 

I love the band and will be grateful just to be in the building, I'm just trying to maximize my concert experience 
    I think it's moot.  PJ takes up all the best seats.  Ergo (unless something goes wrong). The worst 10c seat should still be better than the best public seat.   The only exception might be release holds later on.   Stuff that was held for friends/family/radio but not used.  Sometimes some side stage tix closer to the day of the show kind of thing.   For the most part though... TM will be worse.
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,533
    Hopefully this creates one place for results & excitement. Would be helpful if people sharing results could post:

(1) Show 
    (2) GA, Reserved or Best selected
    (3) Result
    (4) 10C number if Reserved.

for each show in the order you ranked them. 

Good luck everyone!

• Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 2,005
    For anyone who hasn't received an email confirmation yet: I know this is hard to hear but you really can relax. It takes them a long time to get through the credit card charging process and the emails roll out over several hours. These were all 99% shows, if you picked Best Available you're going.
  • Options
    dlymnfld said:

Nice!!
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,033
    guitar101 said:
    At this rate I'm starting to wonder if they're literally pulling names out of a hat.
    LMAO. I had the same thought. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    RenfieldRenfield NYC NY Posts: 1,054
    edited January 2020
    D-Rod said:
    Did somebody say popcorn ? 
    @Saltzy23 He’s giving out free 3.0 oz bags
  • Options
    tdawe said:
    ecdanc said:
    This is where I'm at too. 1 simply cannot be true, it would be impossible for them to run the lotteries without sorting the winners into GA & reserved unless (a) they had so few entries vs. available tickets that they could accommodate any permutation of GA/reserved requests (not likely) or (b) every person who entered chose "Best Available" (also not likely). 

I still can't think of a decent answer for 2. I don't have a great theory about exactly how Ticketmaster would be juking things around to their benefit, but in the absence of some kind of alternative colorable argument for why they might be doing this I'm left to assume the worst about them.
    Right. The BEST case is "we didn't think y'all cared!" but that level of ignorance sounds implausible, right? Lost_and_no_guide's theory sounds reasonable, if potentially misguided. 
  • Options
    benjs said:
    I'm now imagining you paddling up to him, asking for an autograph. He escapes by...walking further inland.
  • Options
    i'm constantly refreshing me email, only put my name in for one show... if I can't find a babysitter, I will have to sell them  :(
  • Options
    i know this has been asked a few times in this thread, but not sure if it's been answered (apologies if it has been answered and i missed it)....for the people that have gotten quebec city confirmations, was it you first priority choice? I have it as my 3rd choice behind ottawa and toronto and nothing for me yet, so just wondering...
    Fargo, North Dakota (June 15, 2003) St. Paul, Minnesota (June 16, 2003)
    Winnipeg, Manitoba (September 08, 2005) Thunder Bay, Ontario (September 09, 2005) Ottawa, Ontario (September 16, 2005)
    Montreal, Quebec (September 07, 2011) Ottawa, Ontario (September 14, 2011) Hamilton, Ontario (September 15, 2011)
    Seattle Night 1 (August 08, 2018) Seattle Night 2 (August 10, 2018)
    Ottawa, Ontario (September 03, 2022) Hamilton, Ontario (September 06, 2022) Toronto, Ontario (September 08, 2022)
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,533
    cutz said:
    Hopefully this creates one place for results & excitement. Would be helpful if people sharing results could post:

(1) Show 
    (2) GA, Reserved or Best selected
    (3) Result
    (4) 10C number if Reserved.

for each show in the order you ranked them. 

Good luck everyone!

• Options
    Zod said:
    yocum136 said:

I think it's moot.  PJ takes up all the best seats.  Ergo (unless something goes wrong). The worst 10c seat should still be better than the best public seat.   The only exception might be release holds later on.   Stuff that was held for friends/family/radio but not used.  Sometimes some side stage tix closer to the day of the show kind of thing.   For the most part though... TM will be worse.
    I think you're glossing over people's concerns. Some here are unconvinced--especially given TM's role in the process--by the bit I bolded. I'd like to think you're right, but we don't/can't really know, can we?
  • Options
    SB117186 said:
    i'm constantly refreshing me email, only put my name in for one show... if I can't find a babysitter, I will have to sell them  :(
    Your kids?
  • Options
    afgpjafgpj Upstate NY Posts: 142
    Zod said:
    yocum136 said:

I wonder what % of GA is available for TC?  Will the entire PIT be TC and the rear "floor" sections be for everyone else?
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,995
    benjs said:
    I'm now imagining you paddling up to him, asking for an autograph. He escapes by...walking further inland.
    Only reason I'd paddle over is to bring a guitar and a spliff and see if he'd join me :D ...or to ask the PJ question
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1