Comments

• Options
    PeterEDPeterED Posts: 365
    JB111896 said:
    MD190661 said:
    PeterED said:
    MD190661 said:
    JB111896 said:
    Your odds of getting tickets to a show and being in the building are exactly the same regardless if you pick Reserved Only or Best Available.  The only difference is if you choose Best Available and when it’s “your turn to be distributed tickets” if there’s still GA tickets available you will be given GA tickets instead of a reserved seat.

Think of it this way.  Everyone who chooses a show as their #1 choice is randomly placed in a virtual line.  Then everyone who picked that show as their #2 choice are randomly placed in line behind the first group.  Then everyone who picked that show as their #3 choice are added to the end of the virtual line and so on.

The first person in this virtual line will be let into the building.  If they chose GA only or Best Available as their ticket choice then they will be given GA tickets.  If they chose Reserved Seats as their choice then they will be given reserved seats. Then it’s time for the next person in this virtual line to get tickets.  If they chose GA only or Best Available as their ticket choice then they will be given GA tickets.  If they chose Reserved Seats then they will be given reserved seats.  This continues for the next person and then for the person after them and keeps continuing until there’s no more GA tickets available.

When there’s no more GA tickets available, then when they go to the next person in this line if that person chose Best Available or Reserved seats as their ticket choice then they will be let in the building with reserved seats.  If that person chose GA only they would be sent home with no tickets to the show.  This will continue through the line until the rest of the reserved seats are distributedBest Best Explanation!
    Except that once only reserved seats are left or you only picked reserved seats, your actual seat will be based on seniority no matter where you are in line. If there are enough seats to cover someone's third choice and they have a lower 10 Club number, they will get better seats then the first person in line to get reserved seats. After reading and going back and forth today, this is how I understand it. So all shows with 99% will be able to take all priorities, and they all are pooled together. Correct? 
    JB111896 (excellent) explanation. All of the Choice 1 people will be processed before moving on to Choice 2, etc. 

Definitely conflicting info in this thread. I assumed it would work as you just stated -All of the Choice 1 people will be processed before moving on to Choice 2, etc - but others have said that the choices only work to get you in the pool. So if a show has 100%, everyone who selected the show will get in and then their seniority will take over for reserved seats, with no regard to what your priority order was.  This is a grey area and makes a difference for how one might select their shows. (Forget GA, I get how that works if you selected Best or GA only)

PeterED said:
    MD190661 said:
    JB111896 said:
    Your odds of getting tickets to a show and being in the building are exactly the same regardless if you pick Reserved Only or Best Available.  The only difference is if you choose Best Available and when it’s “your turn to be distributed tickets” if there’s still GA tickets available you will be given GA tickets instead of a reserved seat.

Think of it this way.  Everyone who chooses a show as their #1 choice is randomly placed in a virtual line.  Then everyone who picked that show as their #2 choice are randomly placed in line behind the first group.  Then everyone who picked that show as their #3 choice are added to the end of the virtual line and so on.

The first person in this virtual line will be let into the building.  If they chose GA only or Best Available as their ticket choice then they will be given GA tickets.  If they chose Reserved Seats as their choice then they will be given reserved seats. Then it’s time for the next person in this virtual line to get tickets.  If they chose GA only or Best Available as their ticket choice then they will be given GA tickets.  If they chose Reserved Seats then they will be given reserved seats.  This continues for the next person and then for the person after them and keeps continuing until there’s no more GA tickets available.

When there’s no more GA tickets available, then when they go to the next person in this line if that person chose Best Available or Reserved seats as their ticket choice then they will be let in the building with reserved seats.  If that person chose GA only they would be sent home with no tickets to the show.  This will continue through the line until the rest of the reserved seats are distributedBest Best Explanation!
    Except that once only reserved seats are left or you only picked reserved seats, your actual seat will be based on seniority no matter where you are in line. If there are enough seats to cover someone's third choice and they have a lower 10 Club number, they will get better seats then the first person in line to get reserved seats. After reading and going back and forth today, this is how I understand it. So all shows with 99% will be able to take all priorities, and they all are pooled together. Correct? 
    JB111896 (excellent) explanation. All of the Choice 1 people will be processed before moving on to Choice 2, etc. 

Reserve seats have always been based on seniority.  So after it is determined who all received reserved seats for a show then the tickets will be assigned by seniority.  Someone with member number 138xxx could pick a show as their 10th choice and have better seats then member #605xxx who picked that show as their first choice show
    If experience supports that then so be it (though it  seems odd to me that a member who selects a show as Choice 1 could do worse than a member who ranks the same show as Choice 10.)
    Barrie, Ontario (August 05, 1992); Toronto, Ontario (August 18, 1993); Toronto, Ontario (October 05, 2000); Buffalo, New York (May 02, 2003); Toronto, Ontario (May 09, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (May 10, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (August 21, 2009); Buffalo, New York (May 10, 2010); Toronto, Ontario (September 11, 2011); Toronto, Ontario (September 12, 2011); Toronto 1 (May 10, 2016); Toronto 2 (May 12, 2016); Ottawa (September 3, 2022); Hamilton (September 6, 2022); Toronto (September 8, 2022)
  • Options
    Ya’ll a bunch of n00bs
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,588
    PeterED said:
    JB111896 said:
    MD190661 said:
    PeterED said:
    MD190661 said:
    JB111896 said:

Definitely conflicting info in this thread. I assumed it would work as you just stated -All of the Choice 1 people will be processed before moving on to Choice 2, etc - but others have said that the choices only work to get you in the pool. So if a show has 100%, everyone who selected the show will get in and then their seniority will take over for reserved seats, with no regard to what your priority order was.  This is a grey area and makes a difference for how one might select their shows. (Forget GA, I get how that works if you selected Best or GA only)

PeterED said:
    MD190661 said:
    JB111896 said:

Reserve seats have always been based on seniority.  So after it is determined who all received reserved seats for a show then the tickets will be assigned by seniority.  Someone with member number 138xxx could pick a show as their 10th choice and have better seats then member #605xxx who picked that show as their first choice show
    If experience supports that then so be it (though it  seems odd to me that a member who selects a show as Choice 1 could do worse than a member who ranks the same show as Choice 10.)
    Experience.  And fact.  No gray.  

Show ranking - impacts odds of getting ticket.
    Seniority - impacts seating assignment based on those who got tickets.  
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,786
    About 4 hours left with these odds... really happy to see reserved holding up as well as it is. 

Toronto: 33/99
    Ottawa: 59/99
    Quebec City: 79/99
    Hamilton: 42/99
    Baltimore: 15/68
    NYC: 10/59
    Nashville: 21/99
    St Louis: 22/99
    OKC: 63/99
    Denver: 21/99
    Glendale: 36/99
    San Diego: 70/99
    LA: 28/99; 26/99
    Oak: 30/99; 37/99
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,495
    mace1229 said:
    I actually just felt the springs in my couch cushions collapse a little, I’ve been scrolling through sitting here too long chucking how many times people ask about seniority and how newer members can’t get GA. 

Same here !
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,973
    edited January 2020
    15/68 for Baltimore is better than I would have expected.

Good luck everybody! Looking forward to starting a long wait with you all in the morning.
    Post edited by JimmyV on

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    PeterED said:
    drando said:
    Folks.  seniority takes precedence when it comes down to seat location for reserved seats.  It has always been this way and always will.  GA,  get there at 3AM in the morning day of show,  maybe earlier.  Wait in line and than run as fast as you can to the rail.  See you got front row,  no seniority determined just how much pain you are willing to take sleeping on the street and how fast your legs can get you to the rail  when they open the doors.  Like target on Black Friday.
    Unless the whole floor is GA, I see no reason to make myself miserable by waiting in line for hours, just to sit on the floor in front of the barrier for hours....I am admittedly old though...
    With age comes wisdom. Standing at the back of North American GA pits with loads of room around is concert heaven. And frankly, the sound is far better than jammed at the rail.
    PeterED understands.....see you at the back of GA...unless I only get reserved....which will be a bummer...even more so considering the amount of time I have spent on this site monitoring everything tour related....
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,816
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Quick question, are reserved seating locations determined by seniority?  Thanks.  
    mcgruff10 said:
    Quick question, are reserved seating locations determined by seniority?  Thanks.  
    I see what you did there McGruff....and we aren't going to bite at your obvious attempt to bait us into telling you that "yes, it is determined by seniority" before waxing on about how stunned we are that the previous 50 or 60 times that info has been relayed on this post were overlooked by the poster.....not going to do it.  Wait...I think I just did....damnit McGruff you just took a "bite out of time"
    Lol. This is awesome. 
    Lol, what a goofball ...I love it. Mcgruff is the man 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    just added Baltimore to NYC to hopefully get at least one show...
  • Options
    ajflickerajflicker Canada Posts: 166
    This wait is going to be painful.
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,487
    MSG is at 59% now
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    vp20vp20 Posts: 56
    Sorry if this has been covered, I just got off work. I found out I have I can make a second show. If I’m selected. I ordered 1 pair and then a 2nd at a different time— how do I change the priority now?  Any advice/info is appreciated!!  Like all of you, I hope to catch as many as I can. For this leg it’s 2 max. Such is life with work and a toddler etc. 
  • Options
    dmbolpdmbolp ATL Posts: 1,189
    vp20 said:
    Sorry if this has been covered, I just got off work. I found out I have I can make a second show. If I’m selected. I ordered 1 pair and then a 2nd at a different time— how do I change the priority now?  Any advice/info is appreciated!!  Like all of you, I hope to catch as many as I can. For this leg it’s 2 max. Such is life with work and a toddler etc. 
    Redo your order all over again, and sort by priority
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,816
    ajflicker said:
    Yes, yes it is.  I guess thats why I’m still awake 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 839
    If you win tickets and can’t make a show, can you resell them (at face value) on that verified fan site?
  • Options
    vp20 said:
    Just start from scratch.  Redo your picks.  It automatically voids your prior entry.  You cannot edit entries.  On start over.  
  • Options
    vedpunk said:
    If you win tickets and can’t make a show, can you resell them (at face value) on that verified fan site?
    Yes.
  • Options
    madhat181madhat181 Posts: 367
    JB111896 said:

When there’s no more GA tickets available, then when they go to the next person in this line if that person chose Best Available or Reserved seats as their ticket choice then they will be let in the building with reserved seats.  If that person chose GA only they would be sent home with no tickets to the show.  This will continue through the line until the rest of the reserved seats are distributed.
    Does that mean anyone who put MSG lower than their 1st choice will most likely not get a ticket since the odds are so low ?
  • Options
    vp20vp20 Posts: 56
    edited January 2020
    Thanks guys. Fortunately some of you are out there and understand. Surprisingly, info at pj got back to me really fast. I didn’t expect that, panicked, and posted on here. I guess they will be working their asses off for awhile with all that is going on. Best of luck to all of you!  
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,932
    This thread makes me laugh. 
  • Options
    ajflickerajflicker Canada Posts: 166
    D-Rod said:
    ajflicker said:
    Yes, yes it is.  I guess thats why I’m still awake 
    Even booze isn't putting me to sleep.
  • Options
    DSTRUBDSTRUB Posts: 290
    Never tell me the odds 
    2013= Wrigley 1, Dallas, OKC
    2014= Amsterdam 1&2, St. Louis, Lincoln, Detroit, Moline, Denver
    2015= Mexico City
    2016= Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Lexington, MSG1, Fenway1, Wrigley 2&3
    2017= EV @ Ohana
    2018= London 1, Boarderline, Seattle 1&2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 4&5
  • Options
    Is this a thread I can post in?
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,932
    tschav said:
    Is this a thread I can post in?
    Only if you have questions about seat seniority or if reserved is best available over GA. Post away...
  • Options
    Oh, answered my original question. Does my response in this thread appear based on seniority?
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,172
    mcgruff10 said:
    drando said:
    Folks.  seniority takes precedence when it comes down to seat location for reserved seats.  It has always been this way and always will.  GA,  get there at 3AM in the morning day of show,  maybe earlier.  Wait in line and than run as fast as you can to the rail.  See you got front row,  no seniority determined just how much pain you are willing to take sleeping on the street and how fast your legs can get you to the rail  when they open the doors.  Like target on Black Friday.
    this is not true, ga is also determined by seniority.  there are little spots on the floor with your fan club number.  if you put in for one ga, there will be one number.  if you put in for two numbers then there are two numbers.  they start with ed center and work toward mike....stone side is usually reserved for higher fan club numbers.  only difference between ga and reserved is that reserved has actually seats to sit between sets.  ga...yeah we have to stand the whole time.
    good luck to all!

This is not entirely true, ga is also determined by special requests. When I forgot to renew years ago and tried to get back in, after 10c mgmt laughed at me, they were running a special deal for an extra 10 cents a day.

in addition to my absurdly high member number spot on the floor, I got to pay for, in this special deal, is have the letters sz after my member number spot on the floor. Because I insist being in the Stone Zone. Beat that fringe benefit.
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,172
    Melzombie said:
    New numbers as of 9:58 East Coast time:

How is Baltimore at 68% and MSG at 59%, but every other city it still at 99%??? I mean you would think the 99% would at least go down a little bit??

”but every other city it still at 99%???”

well said

I mean seriously Mel, this band can’t find 15,000 fans in any city west of Baltimore that wants to go to a Gig a ton show? Like why bother with the whole new album thing, they should have followed Tool and waited another 7 years? 

Then they could find some fans at least a 100 miles west of the Atlantic Ocean that want to see a show?.

I don’t get what this world is coming to. Why don’t the millennials like guitar rock?
  • Options
    LostpawnLostpawn Posts: 414
    mcgruff10 said:
    drando said:
    this is not true, ga is also determined by seniority.  there are little spots on the floor with your fan club number.  if you put in for one ga, there will be one number.  if you put in for two numbers then there are two numbers.  they start with ed center and work toward mike....stone side is usually reserved for higher fan club numbers.  only difference between ga and reserved is that reserved has actually seats to sit between sets.  ga...yeah we have to stand the whole time.
    good luck to all!

This is not entirely true, ga is also determined by special requests. When I forgot to renew years ago and tried to get back in, after 10c mgmt laughed at me, they were running a special deal for an extra 10 cents a day.

in addition to my absurdly high member number spot on the floor, I got to pay for, in this special deal, is have the letters sz after my member number spot on the floor. Because I insist being in the Stone Zone. Beat that fringe benefit.
    We are getting seriously punchy in here. Time to sleep?  Nah!
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,892
    Lostpawn said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    drando said:
    good luck to all!

We are getting seriously punchy in here. Time to sleep?  Nah!
    155 minutes to go, then...
    https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/283155/spring-2020-lottery-results#latest
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,460
    Does anyone know (sorry if it was asked before) if by reentering my code it voids what I’d submitted before? Thanks in advance!
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022