Options

North American Tour Odds

Comments

• Options
    MD190661MD190661 Posts: 370
    Any rough idea of how big the average arena pit is? I was in the pit for Oakland last time and also for Springsteen in 2012. I sort of remember the cut off for Springsteen was around 1200, but I could be making this up. The pit size for PJ a year later seemed about the same as Springsteen. 
    10/1/94, 6/22/95, 6/24/95, 9/16/96, 7/22/98, 10/21/01, 6/1/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 9/1/05, 7/15/06, 7/18/06, 8/28/09, 10/07/09, 10/3/12, 11/26/13, 6/18/18, 8/10/18, 5/12/22, 5/13/22, 5/13/24

• Options
    JB111896 said:
    Your odds of getting tickets to a show and being in the building are exactly the same regardless if you pick Reserved Only or Best Available.  The only difference is if you choose Best Available and when it’s “your turn to be distributed tickets” if there’s still GA tickets available you will be given GA tickets instead of a reserved seat.

Think of it this way.  Everyone who chooses a show as their #1 choice is randomly placed in a virtual line.  Then everyone who picked that show as their #2 choice are randomly placed in line behind the first group.  Then everyone who picked that show as their #3 choice are added to the end of the virtual line and so on.

The first person in this virtual line will be let into the building.  If they chose GA only or Best Available as their ticket choice then they will be given GA tickets.  If they chose Reserved Seats as their choice then they will be given reserved seats. Then it’s time for the next person in this virtual line to get tickets.  If they chose GA only or Best Available as their ticket choice then they will be given GA tickets.  If they chose Reserved Seats then they will be given reserved seats.  This continues for the next person and then for the person after them and keeps continuing until there’s no more GA tickets available.

When there’s no more GA tickets available, then when they go to the next person in this line if that person chose Best Available or Reserved seats as their ticket choice then they will be let in the building with reserved seats.  If that person chose GA only they would be sent home with no tickets to the show.  This will continue through the line until the rest of the reserved seats are distributedBest Best Explanation!
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,950
    edited January 2020
    on2legs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    drando said:
    Folks.  seniority takes precedence when it comes down to seat location for reserved seats.  It has always been this way and always will.  GA,  get there at 3AM in the morning day of show,  maybe earlier.  Wait in line and than run as fast as you can to the rail.  See you got front row,  no seniority determined just how much pain you are willing to take sleeping on the street and how fast your legs can get you to the rail  when they open the doors.  Like target on Black Friday.
    this is not true, ga is also determined by seniority.  there are little spots on the floor with your fan club number.  if you put in for one ga, there will be one number.  if you put in for two numbers then there are two numbers.  they start with ed center and work toward mike....stone side is usually reserved for higher fan club numbers.  only difference between ga and reserved is that reserved has actually seats to sit between sets.  ga...yeah we have to stand the whole time.
    good luck to all!
    =)

What shows are you doing, Mike?
    Hopefully Quebec City and msg.  You?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Great Explanation- Thanks!
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,484
    mcgruff10 said:
    on2legs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    drando said:
    Folks.  seniority takes precedence when it comes down to seat location for reserved seats.  It has always been this way and always will.  GA,  get there at 3AM in the morning day of show,  maybe earlier.  Wait in line and than run as fast as you can to the rail.  See you got front row,  no seniority determined just how much pain you are willing to take sleeping on the street and how fast your legs can get you to the rail  when they open the doors.  Like target on Black Friday.
    this is not true, ga is also determined by seniority.  there are little spots on the floor with your fan club number.  if you put in for one ga, there will be one number.  if you put in for two numbers then there are two numbers.  they start with ed center and work toward mike....stone side is usually reserved for higher fan club numbers.  only difference between ga and reserved is that reserved has actually seats to sit between sets.  ga...yeah we have to stand the whole time.
    good luck to all!
    =)

What shows are you doing, Mike?
    Hopefully Quebec City and msg.  You?
    Very hopefully, MSG, Baltimore, Nashville and St. Louis.  Fingers crossed.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    mrvectormrvector NY, NY Posts: 39
    JB111896 said:
    Your odds of getting tickets to a show and being in the building are exactly the same regardless if you pick Reserved Only or Best Available.  The only difference is if you choose Best Available and when it’s “your turn to be distributed tickets” if there’s still GA tickets available you will be given GA tickets instead of a reserved seat.

Think of it this way.  Everyone who chooses a show as their #1 choice is randomly placed in a virtual line.  Then everyone who picked that show as their #2 choice are randomly placed in line behind the first group.  Then everyone who picked that show as their #3 choice are added to the end of the virtual line and so on.

The first person in this virtual line will be let into the building.  If they chose GA only or Best Available as their ticket choice then they will be given GA tickets.  If they chose Reserved Seats as their choice then they will be given reserved seats. Then it’s time for the next person in this virtual line to get tickets.  If they chose GA only or Best Available as their ticket choice then they will be given GA tickets.  If they chose Reserved Seats then they will be given reserved seats.  This continues for the next person and then for the person after them and keeps continuing until there’s no more GA tickets available.

When there’s no more GA tickets available, then when they go to the next person in this line if that person chose Best Available or Reserved seats as their ticket choice then they will be let in the building with reserved seats.  If that person chose GA only they would be sent home with no tickets to the show.  This will continue through the line until the rest of the reserved seats are distributed.
    anyone who is confused should just refer to this 👏
    '98: MSG, 9/10
    '00: Jones Beach, 8/24
    '00: Camden, 9/02
    '03: Camden, 7/06
    '06: Hartford, 5/13
    '08: MSG, 6/24
    '08: MSG, 6/25
    '10: Hartford, 5/15
    '10: MSG, 5/20
    '13: Barclays, 10/18
    '16: MSG, 5/02
    '16: Fenway 2, 8/07
    '18: Wrigley 1, 8/18
  • Options
    jdizzle8291jdizzle8291 Erie, PA Posts: 456
    tinz. said:
    Canada Just updated: 
    Toronto : 33%
    Ottawa : 64 > 59%
    Quebec City: 88 > 79% 
    Hamilton : 42%
    What was Hamilton reserved? Still 99%?
    Yeah, I just re-entered. All Canada reserved are still 99%. 
    2016: Toronto I, Chicago I + II
    2018: Seattle I + II, Chicago I + II
    2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec, Hamilton, Nashville, St. Louis, Krakow, Budapest, Zurich
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,072
    Canada Just updated: 
    Toronto : 33%
    Ottawa : 64 > 59%
    Quebec City: 88 > 79% 
    Hamilton : 42%
    Thank you! 
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 2,003
    Mozzy said:
    FINAL ODDS UPDATE!!!

Odds are updating at 6:30 PST and changes in odds from this morning: 

Baltimore: 16 to 15 / 74 to 68
    MSG: 11 to 10 / 66 to 59
    Nashville: 24 to 21 / 99
    STL: 25 to 22 / 99
    OKC: 77 to 63 / 99
    Denver: 27 to pending /99
    PHX: 44 to pending / 99
    SD: 42 to pending / 99
    LA1: 35 to pending / 99
    LA2: 32 to pending / 99
    OAK1: 37 to pending / 99
    OAK2: 47 to pending / 99
    You know, if this remains and is true it’s amazing. This is an amazing job by the band and the fan club to get tickets to the fans. 
    Yeah it really seems that way. I wonder if this will be the new normal or if it’s just for this leg. 
  • Options
    JB111896 said:

When there’s no more GA tickets available, then when they go to the next person in this line if that person chose Best Available or Reserved seats as their ticket choice then they will be let in the building with reserved seats.  If that person chose GA only they would be sent home with no tickets to the show.  This will continue through the line until the rest of the reserved seats are distributedBest Best Explanation!
    Except that once only reserved seats are left or you only picked reserved seats, your actual seat will be based on seniority no matter where you are in line. If there are enough seats to cover someone's third choice and they have a lower 10 Club number, they will get better seats then the first person in line to get reserved seats. After reading and going back and forth today, this is how I understand it. So all shows with 99% will be able to take all priorities, and they all are pooled together. Correct? 
    10/1/94, 6/22/95, 6/24/95, 9/16/96, 7/22/98, 10/21/01, 6/1/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 9/1/05, 7/15/06, 7/18/06, 8/28/09, 10/07/09, 10/3/12, 11/26/13, 6/18/18, 8/10/18, 5/12/22, 5/13/22, 5/13/24

• Options
    droptheleash9droptheleash9 Posts: 1,353
    edited January 2020
    Do you guys think everyone who put MSG as their first choice will get tickets? What about 2nd choice?

(Maybe should have posted this in the panicky questions thread =)  )
  • Options
    I have no preference for GA or Reserved as long as I’m in the building. I am curious to know if you’re a newer member and GA odds are below say 50% or even 75% there’s very little to 0 chance of getting GA since most members will have seniority over the newer member and will be assigned them before you.  Is this correct?
  • Options
    drandodrando Posts: 68
    on2legs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    drando said:
    good luck to all!
    =)

What shows are you doing, Mike?  Certainly not the one where his 10 club number is going to be on the floor so he can stand on it like the price is right.
  • Options
    MelzombieMelzombie Charleston, SC Posts: 200
    New numbers as of 9:58 East Coast time:

How is Baltimore at 68% and MSG at 59%, but every other city it still at 99%??? I mean you would think the 99% would at least go down a little bit??

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,950
    mcgruff10 said:
    drando said:
    good luck to all!
    Yeah, that was the way it was at OKC in 2013.  It was like a North Korean army parade formation. 
    In went to Phoenix, 2013.  More Cuba then North Korea.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    dmbolpdmbolp ATL Posts: 1,189
    edited January 2020
    captcola said:
    I have no preference for GA or Reserved as long as I’m in the building. I am curious to know if you’re a newer member and GA odds are below say 50% or even 75% there’s very little to 0 chance of getting GA since most members will have seniority over the newer member and will be assigned them before you.  Is this correct?
    Getting GA or Reserves has nothing to do with seniority

Seniority only comes into play when assigning Reserve seat assignments, after it's been determined randomly if you get GA, Reserve, or nothing
  • Options
    lfitzpatrick9lfitzpatrick9 NJ Posts: 372
    Do you guys think everyone who put MSG as their first choice will get tickets? What about 2nd choice?

(Maybe should have posted this in the panicky questions thread =)  )
    Fingers crossed! I put MSG Reserved as my first and only choice so really hoping the Ten Club gods help out and I would just be happy to be in the building.
  • Options
    If I want a couple GA out of the four Canadian shows would it not be best to order like this all Best Available?:

Ottawa
    Quebec
    Hamlton
    Toronto

I would get tickets for all four just Hamilton and Toronto are going to be Reserved but my chances at GA for 2 shows are best?  This seems like the best approach no?  I just want to make sure I don’t lose getting in the building in Toronto or Hamilton.  Seems weird putting them last but seems to be the best strategy?
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Melzombie said:
    New numbers as of 9:58 East Coast time:

How is Baltimore at 68% and MSG at 59%, but every other city it still at 99%??? I mean you would think the 99% would at least go down a little bit??
    Supply and demand. Looks like the Baltimore venue is quite a bit smaller than say the LA venue. And the LA venue can offer seats all the way up to the rafters while Baltimore doesn't have the upper level seats marked as available. So PJ has fewer seats to offer. Or course MSG is going to have high demand no matter what. 

• Options
    If I want a couple GA out of the four Canadian shows would it not be best to order like this all Best Available?:

Ottawa
    Quebec
    Hamlton
    Toronto

I would get tickets for all four just Hamilton and Toronto are going to be Reserved but my chances at GA for 2 shows are best?  This seems like the best approach no?  I just want to make sure I don’t lose getting in the building in Toronto or Hamilton.  Seems weird putting them last but seems to be the best strategy?
    I would think so
  • Options
    PeterEDPeterED Posts: 365
    drando said:
    Unless the whole floor is GA, I see no reason to make myself miserable by waiting in line for hours, just to sit on the floor in front of the barrier for hours....I am admittedly old though...
    With age comes wisdom. Standing at the back of North American GA pits with loads of room around is concert heaven. And frankly, the sound is far better than jammed at the rail.
    Barrie, Ontario (August 05, 1992); Toronto, Ontario (August 18, 1993); Toronto, Ontario (October 05, 2000); Buffalo, New York (May 02, 2003); Toronto, Ontario (May 09, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (May 10, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (August 21, 2009); Buffalo, New York (May 10, 2010); Toronto, Ontario (September 11, 2011); Toronto, Ontario (September 12, 2011); Toronto 1 (May 10, 2016); Toronto 2 (May 12, 2016); Ottawa (September 3, 2022); Hamilton (September 6, 2022); Toronto (September 8, 2022)
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,049
    Just made a my final lottery submission!!  Anxious for results.  
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,152
    If people are still confused there’s just no way to help them.  Pull the plug.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,039
    I actually just felt the springs in my couch cushions collapse a little, I’ve been scrolling through sitting here too long chucking how many times people ask about seniority and how newer members can’t get GA. 

• Options
    PeterEDPeterED Posts: 365
    MD190661 said:
    JB111896 said:

Except that once only reserved seats are left or you only picked reserved seats, your actual seat will be based on seniority no matter where you are in line. If there are enough seats to cover someone's third choice and they have a lower 10 Club number, they will get better seats then the first person in line to get reserved seats. After reading and going back and forth today, this is how I understand it. So all shows with 99% will be able to take all priorities, and they all are pooled together. Correct? 
    JB111896 (excellent) explanation. All of the Choice 1 people will be processed before moving on to Choice 2, etc. 

Barrie, Ontario (August 05, 1992); Toronto, Ontario (August 18, 1993); Toronto, Ontario (October 05, 2000); Buffalo, New York (May 02, 2003); Toronto, Ontario (May 09, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (May 10, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (August 21, 2009); Buffalo, New York (May 10, 2010); Toronto, Ontario (September 11, 2011); Toronto, Ontario (September 12, 2011); Toronto 1 (May 10, 2016); Toronto 2 (May 12, 2016); Ottawa (September 3, 2022); Hamilton (September 6, 2022); Toronto (September 8, 2022)
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    PeterED said:
    MD190661 said:
    JB111896 said:

JB111896 (excellent) explanation. All of the Choice 1 people will be processed before moving on to Choice 2, etc. 

Definitely conflicting info in this thread. I assumed it would work as you just stated: All of the Choice 1 people will be processed before moving on to Choice 2, etc.Others have said that the choices only work to get you in the pool. So if a show has 100%, everyone who selected the show will get in and then their seniority will take over for reserved seats, with no regard to what your priority order was.  This is a grey area and makes a difference for how one might select their shows. (Forget GA, I get how that works if you selected Best or GA only)
    Post edited by MD190661 on

• Options
    PD279656PD279656 Posts: 119
    Yeah i just redid it and switched Baltimore in front of Nashville since that looks like a guaranteed ticket and some people will be left to fight it out with the commoners for Baltimore.
  • Options
    PeterED said:
    drando said:
    Unless the whole floor is GA, I see no reason to make myself miserable by waiting in line for hours, just to sit on the floor in front of the barrier for hours....I am admittedly old though...
    With age comes wisdom. Standing at the back of North American GA pits with loads of room around is concert heaven. And frankly, the sound is far better than jammed at the rail.
    Wise words PeterED.  Wise words
    It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe
  • Options
    JB111896JB111896 Posts: 21
    edited January 2020
    MD190661 said:
    PeterED said:

Definitely conflicting info in this thread. I assumed it would work as you just stated -All of the Choice 1 people will be processed before moving on to Choice 2, etc - but others have said that the choices only work to get you in the pool. So if a show has 100%, everyone who selected the show will get in and then their seniority will take over for reserved seats, with no regard to what your priority order was.  This is a grey area and makes a difference for how one might select their shows. (Forget GA, I get how that works if you selected Best or GA only)

PeterED said:
    MD190661 said:
    JB111896 said:

Reserve seats have always been based on seniority.  So after it is determined who all received reserved seats for a show then the tickets will be assigned by seniority.  Someone with member number 138xxx could pick a show as their 10th choice and have better seats then member #605xxx who picked that show as their first choice show
    Post edited by JB111896 on
  • Options
    JB111896 said:
    MD190661 said:
    PeterED said:
    MD190661 said:
    JB111896 said:

Definitely conflicting info in this thread. I assumed it would work as you just stated -All of the Choice 1 people will be processed before moving on to Choice 2, etc - but others have said that the choices only work to get you in the pool. So if a show has 100%, everyone who selected the show will get in and then their seniority will take over for reserved seats, with no regard to what your priority order was.  This is a grey area and makes a difference for how one might select their shows. (Forget GA, I get how that works if you selected Best or GA only)

PeterED said:
    MD190661 said:
    JB111896 said:

Reserve seats have always been based on seniority.  So after it is determined who all received reserved seats for a show then the tickets will be assigned by seniority.  Someone with member number 138xxx could pick a show as their 10th choice and have better seats then member #605xxx who picked that show as their first choice show
    Perfect. Thanks!