Options

North American Tour Odds

Comments

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,663
    Latest Canadian Tour odds. Presale closes TONIGHT @ 11:59pm PT!

• Options
    MUZIKMUZIK Posts: 627
    For lower member numbers the reserved seating option is the way to go as far as I see it , GA is for folks who wanna line up and wait ..
    I have a low number as well. 

The way I look at it, just to get into the building your better off choosing both GA & reserved. The odds are in your favor as opposed to selecting just one.

for whatever 7% reason that you get selected for GA.

you have two options 

Sell them using there new system.

or try and work out a trade with someone. That might be difficult but I’m sure it’s possible. 
    09.11.98, 08.24.00, 08.25.00, 04.30.03, 07.08.03, 07.08.03, 09.15.05, 09.16.05, 09.19.05, 09.30.05, 10.01.05, 05.12.06, 05.13.06, 05.25.06, 05.27.06, 05.28.06, 06.01.06, 06.03.06, 06.19.08, 06.20.08, 06.22.08, 06.24.08, 06.25.08, 06.27.08, 06.28.08, 06.30.08, 07.01.08, 08.05.08, 08.07.08, 10.27.09, 10.30.09, 10.31.09, 05.18.10, 05.20.10, 05.21.10, 10.15.13, 10.18.13, 10,19,13, 9.23.15, 9.26.15, 04.28.16, 04.29.16, 05.01.16, 05.02.16, 05.06.22, 05.07.22, 09.14.22
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,383
    imagine how many posts could be saved if someone official just explained it to us all. 

I thought I understood, then I read through this thread lol
    It wouldn't make a difference. They could lay it out completely and there would still be 200 follow up questions. As it is, many people are confusing or misstating stuff in the directions. Or making assumptions and stating them as facts, further confusing people.
  • Options
    Hoping for GA at Both Ottawa and Quebec City. Both are at 99% for Reserved so getting tickets is not a risk. It's all about GA. 

Currently have: 
    1) Ottawa 64% of GA
    2) Quebec City 88% of GA

My thoughts are this gives me the best odds of GA with a slim shot of Zero GA. 
    Or do I switch priority and all but guarantee GA at one show, but run slim odds of getting both. 

What's everyone else thinking? What time (EST) are the odds updating? 
    That's exactly what I did in 2016...got QC only. Eventually traded my extra QC for an Ottawa GA
    Thanks! 
    Were odds comparable? 
    Memphis '94 / Charlotte '96 / Birmingham '98 / Knoxville '98 / Memphis '00 / Nashville '00 / Nashville '03 / St. Louis '04 / Nashville Ryman N1 '09 (EV solo) / Nashville Ryman N2 '09 (EV solo) / Memphis '09 (EV solo) / New Orleans Jazzfest '10 / St Louis '10 / Memphis '12 (EV solo) / Memphis '14 / Boston Fenway N1 '16 / Boston Fenway N2 '16 / Chicago Wrigley N1 '18 / Chicago Wrigley N2 '18 /  Ottawa '22 / Quebec City '22 / Nashville '22 / St Louis '22

Strong 2nd Amendment supporter and advocate targeted methods of reducing gun violence, sans-infringement. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,019
    mcgruff10 said:
    Quick question, are reserved seating locations determined by seniority?  Thanks.  
    mcgruff10 said:
    Quick question, are reserved seating locations determined by seniority?  Thanks.  
    I see what you did there McGruff....and we aren't going to bite at your obvious attempt to bait us into telling you that "yes, it is determined by seniority" before waxing on about how stunned we are that the previous 50 or 60 times that info has been relayed on this post were overlooked by the poster.....not going to do it.  Wait...I think I just did....damnit McGruff you just took a "bite out of time"
    Lol. This is awesome. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    ajflicker said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Yes by seniority.
    Are you sure?
  • Options
    drandodrando Posts: 68
    mcgruff10 said:
    ajflicker said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Yes by seniority.
    Are you sure?
    I think they start from Biggest to smallest number.  I read it 10 times.
  • Options
    Anyone have recent MSG and Baltimore odds??
  • Options
    Evel KEvel K Posts: 520
    mcgruff10 said:
    The higher your member number, the better your seat!
    AKA Grand Rapids, MI 2006 
    Things were different then
  • Options
    DoDaFooDoDaFoo Seattle, WA Posts: 247
    USA odds have not updated yet 
  • Options
    Folks.  seniority takes precedence when it comes down to seat location for reserved seats.  It has always been this way and always will.  GA,  get there at 3AM in the morning day of show,  maybe earlier.  Wait in line and than run as fast as you can to the rail.  See you got front row,  no seniority determined just how much pain you are willing to take sleeping on the street and how fast your legs can get you to the rail  when they open the doors.  Like target on Black Friday.
  • Options
    MickeyMouseMickeyMouse Posts: 1,053
    My thinking for wanting a seat but putting in Best Available is that my main goal is to be in the building. I would rather have two shots at that then putting in Reserved Seating and not getting anything. That happened to me for the Copenhagen show and I had to scramble for gen pop tickets. 
    What am I missing here? It’s not like reserved is gonna full up before GA. If all you want is reserved, put reserved. 
    What I’m saying is I’ve done that very thing a few times and ended up not getting any tickets. The latest occurrence was for the upcoming Copenhagen show for this year. 
    Right but this is the first time best available has been an option. Before, reserved and GA had to be ranked 1 and 2. With best available, if your name gets pulled and GA is still available, you get GA. If not, you get reserved. 

By saying you chose best available but would prefer to sit, you aren’t giving yourself 2 chances. It’s the same chance with 2 different options, and the first one is the thing you don’t want. If you just put reserved and your name gets pulled, you’ll get a seat. If you put best available and your name gets pulled and GA is still available you’ll get GA but you could have had a seat if you’d just put reserved. 
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,631
    Just checked at 9:00EST and no update in the odds from this morning.
  • Options
    NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    Maybe these odds were nonsense and just to make us feel better.
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Options
    MozzyMozzy Posts: 154
    Just checked at 9:00EST and no update in the odds from this morning.
    yeah, looks like they're updating later than last night
  • Options
    jcmitchell28jcmitchell28 Fort Worth Posts: 212
    edited January 2020
    My thinking for wanting a seat but putting in Best Available is that my main goal is to be in the building. I would rather have two shots at that then putting in Reserved Seating and not getting anything. That happened to me for the Copenhagen show and I had to scramble for gen pop tickets. 
    What am I missing here? It’s not like reserved is gonna full up before GA. If all you want is reserved, put reserved. 
    What I’m saying is I’ve done that very thing a few times and ended up not getting any tickets. The latest occurrence was for the upcoming Copenhagen show for this year. 
    Right but this is the first time best available has been an option. Before, reserved and GA had to be ranked 1 and 2. With best available, if your name gets pulled and GA is still available, you get GA. If not, you get reserved. 

By saying you chose best available but would prefer to sit, you aren’t giving yourself 2 chances. It’s the same chance with 2 different options, and the first one is the thing you don’t want. If you just put reserved and your name gets pulled, you’ll get a seat. If you put best available and your name gets pulled and GA is still available you’ll get GA but you could have had a seat if you’d just put reserved. 
    I give myself multiple chances at being in the building by choosing best available. While I prefer a seat I’ll stand rather than miss the show. I just looked at my 10 Club ticket purchase history. I had reserved serving only selected for 2020 Copenhagen and 2016 Fenway night one and lost both. When I think about it further I’ve never lost on GA tickets before. Just reserved when that was all I selected. 
    Post edited by jcmitchell28 on
  • Options
    drando said:
    Folks.  seniority takes precedence when it comes down to seat location for reserved seats.  It has always been this way and always will.  GA,  get there at 3AM in the morning day of show,  maybe earlier.  Wait in line and than run as fast as you can to the rail.  See you got front row,  no seniority determined just how much pain you are willing to take sleeping on the street and how fast your legs can get you to the rail  when they open the doors.  Like target on Black Friday.
    These GA pits are so small, I don't understand why people would get in line for hours before the show.  Full disclosure, I am 6'5" so the idea of being on the rail isn't directed by my need for a good sight line.  With that said, I have been to a number of shows with this relatively new and small GA section.  In a lot of them the worst standing position would be at the most 15 rows back and because they are limited for fire safety reasons on the number of people they can allow into the section, there is a ridiculous amount of room from about 2/3rds of the way back to the front row of the floor seats.  Unless the whole floor is GA, I see no reason to make myself miserable by waiting in line for hours, just to sit on the floor in front of the barrier for hours....I am admittedly old though...
  • Options
    drando said:
    this is not true, ga is also determined by seniority.  there are little spots on the floor with your fan club number.  if you put in for one ga, there will be one number.  if you put in for two numbers then there are two numbers.  they start with ed center and work toward mike....stone side is usually reserved for higher fan club numbers.  only difference between ga and reserved is that reserved has actually seats to sit between sets.  ga...yeah we have to stand the whole time.
    good luck to all!
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,153
    This seems to be true. I agree with you based on how I think this works
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    This is different then the lotteries I’ve been in for 10c in the past though. They use to separate GA and reserved for the same show into different priorities. Not any more 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Also in Europe they have huge GA sections and 10c doesn’t get many reserved seats.  So over there it’s easy to get GA and hard to get reserved.  Opposite to NA.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    MickeyMouseMickeyMouse Posts: 1,053

I give myself multiple chances at being in the building by choosing best available. While I prefer a seat I’ll stand rather than miss the show. I just looked at my 10 Club ticket purchase history. I had reserved serving only selected for 2020 Copenhagen and 2016 Fenway night one and lost both. When I think about it further I’ve never lost on GA tickets before. Just reserved when that was all I selected. 
    Do what you want man. You’re obviously not understanding what I’m trying to explain. This is different than all previous lotteries. 
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,631
    mcgruff10 said:
    drando said:
    this is not true, ga is also determined by seniority.  there are little spots on the floor with your fan club number.  if you put in for one ga, there will be one number.  if you put in for two numbers then there are two numbers.  they start with ed center and work toward mike....stone side is usually reserved for higher fan club numbers.  only difference between ga and reserved is that reserved has actually seats to sit between sets.  ga...yeah we have to stand the whole time.
    good luck to all!
    Yeah, that was the way it was at OKC in 2013.  It was like a North Korean army parade formation. 
  • Options
    MozzyMozzy Posts: 154
    edited January 2020
    FINAL ODDS UPDATE!!!

Odds are updating at 6:30 PST and changes in odds from this morning: 

Baltimore: 16 to 15 / 74 to 68
    MSG: 11 to 10 / 66 to 59
    Nashville: 24 to 21 / 99
    STL: 25 to 22 / 99
    OKC: 77 to 63 / 99
    Denver: 27 to 21 /99
    PHX: 44 to 36 / 99
    SD: 42 to 34 / 99
    LA1: 35 to 28 / 99
    LA2: 32 to 26 / 99
    OAK1: 37 to 30 / 99
    OAK2: 47 to 37 / 99

So big movements in OAK 7pts and 10pts respectively dropped for each night;
    MSG is lowest at 10%
    All but 2 shows still at 99% for Reserved seats, which seems amazing. Good luck everyone!
    Post edited by Mozzy on
  • Options
    mattsavardmattsavard Posts: 518
    edited January 2020
    Canada Just updated: 
    Toronto : 33%
    Ottawa : 64 > 59%
    Quebec City: 88 > 79% 
    Hamilton : 42%
    Post edited by mattsavard on
    Memphis '94 / Charlotte '96 / Birmingham '98 / Knoxville '98 / Memphis '00 / Nashville '00 / Nashville '03 / St. Louis '04 / Nashville Ryman N1 '09 (EV solo) / Nashville Ryman N2 '09 (EV solo) / Memphis '09 (EV solo) / New Orleans Jazzfest '10 / St Louis '10 / Memphis '12 (EV solo) / Memphis '14 / Boston Fenway N1 '16 / Boston Fenway N2 '16 / Chicago Wrigley N1 '18 / Chicago Wrigley N2 '18 /  Ottawa '22 / Quebec City '22 / Nashville '22 / St Louis '22

Strong 2nd Amendment supporter and advocate targeted methods of reducing gun violence, sans-infringement. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    drando said:
    good luck to all.

So If they put your fan club number on the floor,  I should be able to stroll in at 5 minutes before showtime, if I am fan number 2 in the club,  I should be front and center?.  Why the lineup?  I always go for reserve because I am to old to jostle with the younger folks.  So I am just asking for how it works for my own knowledge.  My previous comments were to have a joke just like yourself.
  • Options
    Mozzy said:
    FINAL ODDS UPDATE!!!

Odds are updating at 6:30 PST and changes in odds from this morning: 

Baltimore: 16 to 15 / 74 to 68
    MSG: 11 to 10 / 66 to 59
    Nashville: 24 to 21 / 99
    STL: 25 to 22 / 99
    OKC: 77 to 63 / 99
    Denver: 27 to pending /99
    PHX: 44 to pending / 99
    SD: 42 to pending / 99
    LA1: 35 to pending / 99
    LA2: 32 to pending / 99
    OAK1: 37 to pending / 99
    OAK2: 47 to pending / 99
    You know, if this remains and is true it’s amazing. This is an amazing job by the band and the fan club to get tickets to the fans. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    tinz.tinz. Posts: 2,692
    Canada Just updated: 
    Toronto : 33%
    Ottawa : 64 > 59%
    Quebec City: 88 > 79% 
    Hamilton : 42%
    What was Hamilton reserved? Still 99%?
    EV~Toronto Night 2 - 2008
    Toronto - 2009
    NYC Night 2 - 2010
    Toronto Night 2 - 2011
    Music Midtown, Atlanta - 2012
    London,ON - 2013
    Wrigley Field, Chicago - 2013
    Buffalo - 2013
    Charlottesville - 2013
    Charlotte - 2013
    Detroit - 2014
    Ottawa - 2016
    Toronto Night 1&2 - 2016
    Wrigley Field 1, Chicago - 2016
    EV~Dana Point CA - 2016
    Wrigley Field 1, Chicago - 2018
  • Options
    Your odds of getting tickets to a show and being in the building are exactly the same regardless if you pick Reserved Only or Best Available.  The only difference is if you choose Best Available and when it’s “your turn to be distributed tickets” if there’s still GA tickets available you will be given GA tickets instead of a reserved seat.

Think of it this way.  Everyone who chooses a show as their #1 choice is randomly placed in a virtual line.  Then everyone who picked that show as their #2 choice are randomly placed in line behind the first group.  Then everyone who picked that show as their #3 choice are added to the end of the virtual line and so on.

The first person in this virtual line will be let into the building.  If they chose GA only or Best Available as their ticket choice then they will be given GA tickets.  If they chose Reserved Seats as their choice then they will be given reserved seats. Then it’s time for the next person in this virtual line to get tickets.  If they chose GA only or Best Available as their ticket choice then they will be given GA tickets.  If they chose Reserved Seats then they will be given reserved seats.  This continues for the next person and then for the person after them and keeps continuing until there’s no more GA tickets available.

When there’s no more GA tickets available, then when they go to the next person in this line if that person chose Best Available or Reserved seats as their ticket choice then they will be let in the building with reserved seats.  If that person chose GA only they would be sent home with no tickets to the show.  This will continue through the line until the rest of the reserved seats are distributed.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,552
    mcgruff10 said:
    drando said:
    good luck to all!
    =)

What shows are you doing, Mike?
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore