Options

North American Tour Odds

Comments

• Options
    front spacerfront spacer Earth Posts: 3,246
    Sarava said:
    Well, the window has closed. I just took a look at the Pre-sale Timeline page on 10C and it looks like all Canadian dates should  be drawn today. Herrrrre we go!

For anybody questioning my sanity, I always wake up this early - not just to check in on all-things PJ.
    Did you happen to see the final odds? Not available on the page anymore 
    Dimi posted these on facebook:

Toronto: 32/99
    Ottawa: 56/99
    Quebec City: 795/99
    Hamilton: 40/99
    Baltimore: 14/65
    NYC: 9/57
    Nashville: 21/99
    St Louis: 22/99
    OKC: 63/99
    Denver: 21/99
    Glendale: 36/99
    San Diego: 34/99
    LA: 28/99; 26/99
    Oak: 30/99; 37/99
    Thank you for this. Appreciate it.
    So ALL shows except Baltimore and NYC are locks to get seats if you wanted them with ANY priority designation....

At 20% or so, I wonder if GA tickets will be had with a person's 2nd choice?
    I would never say its a "lock".....
    99% for ALL shows except Baltimore and NYC = reserved tickets if you requested them.....no denials.

If Baltimore total odds are 65% any guesses what the first pick odds are for best available?
    With 1st priority.....pretty decent.
    Indy - 08.17.98
    Indy - 08.18.00
    Indy - 06.22.03
    Indy - 05.07.10
    EV StL - 07.01.11
    Alpine Valley - 09.03.11, 09.04.11 (PJ20)
    ATL - 09.22.12 (Music Midtown Festival)
    EV Jax - 11.24.12
    Chicago - 07.19.13
    Pittsburgh - 10.11.13
    Moline - 10.17.14 (The No Code Show)
    Milwaukee - 10.20.14 (The Yield Show)
    FtL - 04.08.16
    Miami - 04.09.16
    Tampa - 04.11.16
    Lexington - 04.26.16
    Chicago - 08.20.16, 08.22.16
    Chicago - 08.18.18, 08.20.18
    Boston - 09.02.18, 09.04.18
  • Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,242
    For any of the people concerned about the lack of a $1 auth... I have worked in financial crimes for a long time and merchants can run these checks to make sure the card is open active and not compromised. The auth will give them a response and let them know your card is good and it never shows up on your end. Ticketmaster is probably synced up to this way of testing cards compared to true $1 holds that go on your account. I don't think you have anything to worry about.
  • Options
    Sarava said:
    Well, the window has closed. I just took a look at the Pre-sale Timeline page on 10C and it looks like all Canadian dates should  be drawn today. Herrrrre we go!

For anybody questioning my sanity, I always wake up this early - not just to check in on all-things PJ.

So ALL shows except Baltimore and NYC are locks to get seats if you wanted them with ANY priority designation....

99% for ALL shows except Baltimore and NYC = reserved tickets if you requested them.....no denials.

If Baltimore total odds are 65% any guesses what the first pick odds are for best available?

My guess is alot of people are doing MSG and Baltimore, and majority put MSG first. I would assume about 60-70% of people put Baltimore first choice. Assuming 70% first choice, the odds would be around 92% for first choice people
  • Options
    clpdot133 said:
    Any reason to be concerned if I haven't seen the $1 charge on my CC yet? I did receive the email confirming my request for tickets.
    Same thing happened too me 
    As long as you received the email...you're good.  I have alway's used American Express and they never show a $1 hold

Cleveland 03'
    Cincinnati 03' (Flooded)
    Cincinnati 06'
    Cincinnati 14'
    Chicago N2 23'
    Indy 23' (Cancelled)
    For any of the people concerned about the lack of a $1 auth... I have worked in financial crimes for a long time and merchants can run these checks to make sure the card is open active and not compromised. The auth will give them a response and let them know your card is good and it never shows up on your end. Ticketmaster is probably synced up to this way of testing cards compared to true $1 holds that go on your account. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Thanks. It made me so paranoid that I even went back in and submitted my request again last night to ensure that I had the numbers entered correctly ha.
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,138
    edited January 2020
    Question for the veterans of 10c:

Doesnt having a separate draw for each show significantly complicate the process and have a 
     multiple amount of more draws:

[Number of shows x number of rounds]

Whereas if they did one draw for everyone's first pick they would need only one draw per round for all shows?  Isnt that much simpler?
  • Options
    ajflickerajflicker Canada Posts: 166
    clpdot133 said:
    Any reason to be concerned if I haven't seen the $1 charge on my CC yet? I did receive the email confirming my request for tickets.
    I didn't get it either. No worry
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,903

Doesnt having a separate draw for each show significantly complicate the process and have a 

Whereas if they did one draw for everyone's first pick they would need only one draw per round for all shows?  Isnt that much simpler?
    no mr. red hook.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,138
    Sarava said:

My guess is alot of people are doing MSG and Baltimore, and majority put MSG first. I would assume about 60-70% of people put Baltimore first choice. Assuming 70% first choice, the odds would be around 92% for first choice people

Thanks. My guess is very similar. I estimated a 30% better chance for having Baltimore as  first pick so about 85%. Not too bad considering very few Atlantic shows.

Have to give a ton of credit to the club. I did alot of whining about obstructed Fenway seats with no warning. This time they showed us the club sections per arena in advance and allowed us to pick best available.

Even with a higher # I have a chance to get a fairly decent seat in a smallish venue. Thanks 10c!
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,400

they've done this lottery draw before and it works, that's why they aren't changing it up...just sit back and relax, nothing you can do now...
  • Options
    1 thing I didn’t see mentioned... the ability to have 2 #1 priorities.

someone could put MSG as their #1 for US then also put Toronto as their CA #1. The old format through 10C would not allow this benefit.

this moves a potential #3 and 4 priorities to 2 twice (if US and CA).
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    buck hates everyone
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,218

someone could put MSG as their #1 for US then also put Toronto as their CA #1. The old format through 10C would not allow this benefit.

It's been done before.  The 2013 tour had 2 legs and was treated as two different tours.   It made it almost impossible to get Seattle tickets, because a significant amount of fans from the East coast were able to utilize a second 1st pref on Seattle :(
  • Options
    PushinPaintPushinPaint Posts: 431
    edited January 2020
    I put in two shows as best available with 99% reserved.. based on those odds id be disappointed if i didn't get both. Figure 10c would be conservative with odds bc I'm sure alot are thinking that way
  • Options
    Sarava said:

THIS.  

PJ has a ton of fans in the NE area.  Why they are doing 1 show for all of the NE is ridiculous.  Baltimore is covering the DMV and south?

Not sure as to why they did it like this but I hope it's a warm up for a bigger tout to come...
  • Options
    Zod said:

It's been done before.  The 2013 tour had 2 legs and was treated as two different tours.   It made it almost impossible to get Seattle tickets, because a significant amount of fans from the East coast were able to utilize a second 1st pref on Seattle :(
    I did this Zod, guilty.
  • Options
    I don’t even care about GA I just hope I can get into Balt and MSG at this point 
    I have yet to win a PJ lottery for NY...  Only one I have won so far was TOTD... and I live here...
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,929
    Gotta think big things are ahead for the northeast. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    I don’t even care about GA I just hope I can get into Balt and MSG at this point 
    I have yet to win a PJ lottery for NY...  Only one I have won so far was TOTD... and I live here...
    That's because they know who you are Chris!

• Options
    ajflicker said:
    clpdot133 said:
    I had a $0 charge on my card. Called the number on the back and checking recent transaction history. 
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    JimmyV said:
    Gotta think big things are ahead for the northeast. 
    And Midwest. 
  • Options
    I actually think when we get email confirmations we will also find out our seats, not having to wait for the tickets to be delivered digitally week of January 27th to find out based on this from the ticket info page:

Email confirmations with seat locations will be sent out on a show-by-show basis over the course of 7 days, beginning Thursday, January 16. Tickets will be digitally delivered in your Ticketmaster account during the week of January 27.
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 2,002
    I actually think when we get email confirmations we will also find out our seats, not having to wait for the tickets to be delivered digitally week of January 27th to find out based on this from the ticket info page:

Email confirmations with seat locations will be sent out on a show-by-show basis over the course of 7 days, beginning Thursday, January 16. Tickets will be digitally delivered in your Ticketmaster account during the week of January 27.
    Not doubting you (it would make a lot more sense to do it this way so people have seat locations before the VF presale) but where are you seeing that? I see this:

Seat Locations Revealed In Advance Of The Show
    Email confirmations will be sent out on a show-by-show basis over the course of 4 days, beginning Thursday, January 16th. Tickets will be digitally delivered with seat locations during the week of January 27th.

Here: https://pearljam.com/news/ten-club-ticket-presale-info
  • Options
    I don’t see seat assignments happening this quickly. Get notice of won/lost this weekend. Seat specifics in 2 weeks. 
  • Options
    That's because they know who you are Chris!

lol.  That's funny!  Will I see you here on the east coast Andy?
  • Options
    I don’t see seat assignments happening this quickly. Get notice of won/lost this weekend. Seat specifics in 2 weeks. 
    TM in NY has to give you hard tix so it should happen pretty quickly.
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 2,002
    This is also what I expect, but given that they're only drawing four shows per day and having Ticketmaster do it, it seems to me like they could let us know locations immediately if they wanted to. 
  • Options
    jtr101jtr101 Posts: 260
    Then let the complaining begin  =)
    Enjoy difference. Without it we're all boring!

• Options
    TM would need to tie seniority to their system. We don’t know if that happened cause it’s not a requirement for the lottery. 
  • Options
    Matts3221Matts3221 Posts: 658
    ajflicker said:
    clpdot133 said:
    I had a $0 charge on my card. Called the number on the back and checking recent transaction history. 

As someone who works at a credit union , trust me when I say you will not always see the $1 dollar authorization charge on hold. In fact if you call your bank / credit union most likely there are only a few people in the back office who would see the charge.

When you pump gas it is supposed to hold $1, typical it runs your debit or credit card knows its good and you don't see the $1 dollar charge. A few institutions may place it so I think they put that up there so you know why 1 dollar may be on hold.

If you got your confirmation email from Ticketmaster saying you will hear back from us by the 19th you are all set and in the lottery.