Options

North American Tour Odds

Comments

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,641
    Noload said:
    Are there multiple drawings for each show until they run out of tickets?  Do they start with NYC and pull everyone that had NYC as a 1st show choice, and then onto those that had NYC as a 2nd show choice and so on, or is it one big pool of everyone that put in for NYC in one drawing?  Has to be the former correct or the show priority really wouldn't matter?  This is the kind of thing that would have been useful to take deep dive into on the Faithful Forum, other than "hey, what shows plan to attend on the tour".
    Yeah, they are going to go show by show.  From the 16th - 19th.  Not sure if they will send by show or once all of your picks are done.
  • Options
    Noload said:
    Are there multiple drawings for each show until they run out of tickets?  Do they start with NYC and pull everyone that had NYC as a 1st show choice, and then onto those that had NYC as a 2nd show choice and so on, or is it one big pool of everyone that put in for NYC in one drawing?  Has to be the former correct or the show priority really wouldn't matter?  This is the kind of thing that would have been useful to take deep dive into on the Faithful Forum, other than "hey, what shows plan to attend on the tour".
    Yeah, they are going to go show by show.  From the 16th - 19th.  Not sure if they will send by show or once all of your picks are done.
    They'll charge your card as you get picked
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,457
    For lower member numbers the reserved seating option is the way to go as far as I see it , GA is for folks who wanna line up and wait ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,042
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    ajflicker said:
    So with the ability to sell your 10C tickets for face value in the fan-to-fan exchange its now possible to have non 10C members in the 10C only GA pit. Not that I'd expect alot of GA tickets to be sold but still. 
    So lets say the odds for the show I request are 50/99 and I chose reserved seats as my priority. Do they draw the GA and Best Available priorities first and the people who don't get GA from that cut into the ticket pool for the people who went strickly seats as their priority? I guess I am trying to not be in GA but give myself the best chance of being drawn for a seat if that makes any sense.
    They draw names at random, and if your option is available, you get tickets. 
    I thought they took everyone who wanted GA first as a Priority 1, and then drew random names until GA is filled up.  

Lets say, for argument....if only 50 people wanted GA as their #1 priority....they would take all of those GA people and they would all get tickets.  THEN they would find everyone who had GA as their #2 priority, and start in with them.  Then go through the rest. 

Then if there were still GA tickets available....they would then dig into the "Best Available" groups and start filling them in.   Once they run out, they would then pool the rest of Best Available and the Reserved Only.

Best Available is the same as requesting GA as your preference first, the only difference is that if you select GA only.....you miss out all together if you don't get selected for GA.  There is no longer a secondary reserved option to fall back on.
    I got that part....but lets say that YOU selected Best Available, and I selected Reserved Only. 

So, the very last GA seat was given out, and you didnt get GA. 

Who goes next?   Best Available? or Reserved Only?  Or are we pooled together?
    All pooled together and they seniority is applied....
    Only for reserved seating is seniority in play ..

Sorry...thought that was a priori knowledge....the poster asked :
    So, the very last GA seat was given out, and you didnt get GA. 

Who goes next?   Best Available? or Reserved Only?  Or are we pooled together?
    My response was to that specific question.  So...after GA is all dried up, Best Available and Reserved Only are pooled together and seniority comes into play....
    I think people are overthinking the “best available” vs the just GA or Reserved.

before if you wanted to gamble with GA that meant you were likely to not get any tickets if Reserved was #2.

This just puts both GA and Reserved at equal priority. So when GA runs out you still have a very good shot at reserves. It doesn’t mean that those who chose just Resevred will get priority over Best Available. Even choosing best available just defaults to checking both the GA and R options. 
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,645
    For lower member numbers the reserved seating option is the way to go as far as I see it , GA is for folks who wanna line up and wait ..
    I like being in front of the stage more than the side so I go for GA. I don’t line up for more than 30 minutes though. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    ComeToTX said:
    I like being in front of the stage more than the side so I go for GA. I don’t line up for
  • Options
    Sorry I screwed the quote function up ..
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,047
    When is the evening update again? I wonder if we get two more or not. It ends 4am my time so won't matter either way for me. 
  • Options
    pearldavidsonpearldavidson PA Posts: 1,356
    Is there anyway to check on the tickets odds? I see the OP, but it's only as of Jan 13.
  • Options
    jdizzle8291jdizzle8291 Erie, PA Posts: 456
    Is there anyway to check on the tickets odds? I see the OP, but it's only as of Jan 13.
    Just have to go back into the request pages but not actually put in any new requests. 
    2016: Toronto I, Chicago I + II
    2018: Seattle I + II, Chicago I + II
    2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec, Hamilton, Nashville, St. Louis, Krakow, Budapest, Zurich
  • Options
    pearldavidsonpearldavidson PA Posts: 1,356
    edited January 2020
    Just have to go back into the request pages but not actually put in any new requests. 
    Just did that before I read your post. Thanks though!! Fellow PA human..nice!
  • Options
    Just did that before I read your post. Thanks though!! Fellow PA human..nice!
    😀
    2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec, Hamilton, Nashville, St. Louis, Krakow, Budapest, Zurich
  • Options
    ComeToTX said:
    I like being in front of the stage more than the side so I go for GA. I don’t line up for more than 30 minutes though. 
    I hear you ..
  • Options
    RobZRobZ Park City, Utah Posts: 181
    Odds Update:  My two shows still sitting at a sweet 99%
    2006: Las Vegas, Nevada
    2009: Salt Lake City, Utah
    2012: Missoula, Montana
    2014: Denver, Colorado
    2018: Missoula, Montana

• Options
    RobZ said:
    Odds Update:  My two shows still sitting at a sweet 99%
    Great, thanks for the update!
  • Options
    MozzyMozzy Posts: 154
    PJNB said:
    When is the evening update again? I wonder if we get two more or not. It ends 4am my time so won't matter either way for me. 
    It was around 5:30pm PST yesterday
  • Options
    RE4790RE4790 Posts: 795
    How about the full list team?
  • Options
    RE4790 said:
    How about the full list team?
    Rt^
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,567
    So with the ability to sell your 10C tickets for face value in the fan-to-fan exchange its now possible to have non 10C members in the 10C only GA pit. Not that I'd expect alot of GA tickets to be sold but still. 
    You always had non ten club members in GA.  Except now they'll pay face value instead of buying super expensive tix that were scalped by fan club members.

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    PeterEDPeterED Posts: 365
    edited January 2020
    BV84003 said:
    At this point in my life I would prefer having a seat, but I put best available and will take what I get. 
    Odds for reserved seats are far greater for every show, depending on which show many of them are practically a guarantee at 99%. If you prefer a seat, there's no reason to even shoot for GA.
    Sure there is: Using the Scotia Bank Arena as my point of reference, I would much rather have a seat in 109-108 than anywhere in GA. But, I would much rather have a spot in GA at back where people aren’t crammed (keeping in mind the GA section is not the entire floor), than a seat in any section from 106-121.
    Post edited by PeterED on
    Barrie, Ontario (August 05, 1992); Toronto, Ontario (August 18, 1993); Toronto, Ontario (October 05, 2000); Buffalo, New York (May 02, 2003); Toronto, Ontario (May 09, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (May 10, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (August 21, 2009); Buffalo, New York (May 10, 2010); Toronto, Ontario (September 11, 2011); Toronto, Ontario (September 12, 2011); Toronto 1 (May 10, 2016); Toronto 2 (May 12, 2016); Ottawa (September 3, 2022); Hamilton (September 6, 2022); Toronto (September 8, 2022)
  • Options
    Noload said:
    So requested Toronto and Hamilton. Will I find out my results tomorrow?
  • Options
    jonsey30jonsey30 Rochester Hills, MI Posts: 998
    Good to be platinum at Sheraton hotels.  Booked a King bed room for Hamilton when I thought my wife was going.  Now a buddy is going so I wanted to switch to 2 queens.  They are already booked up, so they upgraded me to a deluxe corner king room on the club floor.  Other dude gets the sofa bed
    7/19/13 - Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL
    10/11/13 - Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 - Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014 - Detroit, MI
    5/10/2016 - Toronto, ON
    3/24/2020 - Hamilton, ON
    9/7/2023 - Chicago, IL

• Options
    PeterEDPeterED Posts: 365
    Any idea what is considered a lower number in 2020?
    Barrie, Ontario (August 05, 1992); Toronto, Ontario (August 18, 1993); Toronto, Ontario (October 05, 2000); Buffalo, New York (May 02, 2003); Toronto, Ontario (May 09, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (May 10, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (August 21, 2009); Buffalo, New York (May 10, 2010); Toronto, Ontario (September 11, 2011); Toronto, Ontario (September 12, 2011); Toronto 1 (May 10, 2016); Toronto 2 (May 12, 2016); Ottawa (September 3, 2022); Hamilton (September 6, 2022); Toronto (September 8, 2022)
  • Options
    Really can't believe MSG is holding at 66%, figured it would be under 50/50. That's high enough that I'm going to be really annoyed if I don't hit 
    "Change don't come at once, it's a wave, building before it breaks"
  • Options
    PeterED said:
    Any idea what is considered a lower number in 2020?
  • Options
    jdopjjdopj Posts: 652
    Both of my choices I put in for reserved only with a low number it makes more sense ...
    Me too
  • Options
    jdopjjdopj Posts: 652
    MD190661 said:
    OK. I'm focused on Oakland. I put in for 2 shows and let's say all seats are reserved. I am going to get tickets to both shows no matter what order I put them in. If I assume most people put Saturday as their first choice and I put Sunday first, wouldn't I get higher priority for better seats over anyone who put Saturday as their first choice? Even if my member number is higher? If there is 100% odds of getting both shows, then what is the point of even prioritizing the date if everyone with a lower member number gets better seats than me no matter what their priority show was?
    All reserved seats are determined by seniority
  • Options
    I requested the following...

Toronto - GA
    Toronto - RESERVED
    Hamilton - GA 
    Hamilton - RESERVED

With the current odds, should my GA requests be granted?
  • Options
    smaksmak Posts: 232
    It seems to me that if a show is at 50% GA, it includes people that put best available.  Which means the people who put best available, that don't get GA, will flow into the reserved section, maybe meaning the reserve % is a bit too high.

• Options
    lfitzpatrick9lfitzpatrick9 NJ Posts: 374
    Really can't believe MSG is holding at 66%, figured it would be under 50/50. That's high enough that I'm going to be really annoyed if I don't hit 
    It is at 66% for now.  It should update within the next hour and then it will update once more probably since the lottery ends at 2:59am EST.  But if its at 50% or higher thats way better than what it was in 2016 when they had two nights.  You would think it would the complete opposite since its only one show.