Options

North American Tour Odds

Comments

• Options
    MD190661MD190661 Posts: 394
    edited January 2020
    MD190661 said:
    OK. I'm focused on Oakland. I put in for 2 shows and let's say all seats are reserved. I am going to get tickets to both shows no matter what order I put them in. If I assume most people put Saturday as their first choice and I put Sunday first, wouldn't I get higher priority for better seats over anyone who put Saturday as their first choice? Even if my member number is higher? If there is 100% odds of getting both shows, then what is the point of even prioritizing the date if everyone with a lower member number gets better seats than me no matter what their priority show was?
    I think I get it. Priority is only to determine if will get selected to buy tickets. After that selection, assuming you get picked,  you have the same chance of getting GA or reserved as anyone else no matter what the priority order. So for Oakland, there is no difference in selecting your priority if both shows stay 100%. The odds of GA are true odds, not your odds based on priority. If each show is 100%, all priority selections are lumped together and selected show priority means nothing. 
    10/1/94, 6/22/95, 6/24/95, 9/16/96, 7/22/98, 10/21/01, 6/1/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 9/1/05, 7/15/06, 7/18/06, 8/28/09, 10/07/09, 10/3/12, 11/26/13, 6/18/18, 8/10/18, 5/12/22, 5/13/22, 5/13/24, 5/25/24

• Options
    So with the ability to sell your 10C tickets for face value in the fan-to-fan exchange its now possible to have non 10C members in the 10C only GA pit. Not that I'd expect alot of GA tickets to be sold but still. 
    Columbus 6/24/03, Pittsburgh 9/28/05, Cleveland 5/20/06, Pittsburgh 6/23/06, Chicago 8/5/07, New York 6/24/08, New York 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield 6/28/08, Mansfield 6/30/08, EV D.C. 8/16/08, EV Chicago 8/22/08, EV Baltimore 6/14/09, Chicago 8/23/09, Philadelphia 10/27/09, Philadelphia 10/28/09, Philadelphia 10/30/09, Philadelphia 10/31/09, Columbus 5/6/10, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Cleveland 5/9/10, Buffalo 5/10/10, EV Detroit 6/26/11, Toronto 9/12/11, Hamilton 9/15/11, Pittsburgh 10/11/13, Buffalo 10/12/13, San Diego 11/21/13, Los Angeles 11/23/13, Los Angeles 11/24/13, Cincinnati 10/1/14, Detroit 10/16/14, New York 9/26/15, Greenville 4/16/16, Hampton 4/18/16, Columbia 4/21/16, Philadelphia 4/29/16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/22/16, Denver 9/22/22, Los Angeles 5/21/24
  • Options
    ajflickerajflicker Canada Posts: 166
    edited January 2020
    So with the ability to sell your 10C tickets for face value in the fan-to-fan exchange its now possible to have non 10C members in the 10C only GA pit. Not that I'd expect alot of GA tickets to be sold but still. 
    So lets say the odds for the show I request are 50/99 and I chose reserved seats as my priority. Do they draw the GA and Best Available priorities first and the people who don't get GA from that cut into the ticket pool for the people who went strickly seats as their priority? I guess I am trying to not be in GA but give myself the best chance of being drawn for a seat if that makes any sense.
    Post edited by ajflicker on
  • Options
    Rival178Rival178 Posts: 608
    what are current odds?
  • Options
    ajflicker said:
    So lets say the odds for the show I request are 50/99 and I chose reserved seats as my priority. Do they draw the GA and Best Available priorities first and the people who don't get GA from that cut into the ticket pool for the people who went strickly seats as their priority? I guess I am trying to not be in GA but give myself the best chance of being drawn for a seat if that makes any sense.
    They draw names at random, and if your option is available, you get tickets. 
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,563
    Am I wrong in assuming that by requesting "best available" you are prioritizing GA over Reserved?

Why would a "best available" have an advantage over "Reserved only"?
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,042
    I really don't think the odds are accurate anymore (if I am understanding the selection process correctly) because of the "best available" option. I hope I'm very wrong, but I'm worried that the 99% is way wrong and will get people's hopes up.
    I never saw this confirmed anywhere, but when selecting tickets huge sections were in blue and spread out. I thought that might be 10c tickets. If that is the case, it was like half the venue, which is a ridiculously huge amount. Imagine if half the show were 10c members.
    And in that case, pretty much everyone is getting tickets, except those who chose MSG as 2 or 3rd choice.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,047
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Am I wrong in assuming that by requesting "best available" you are prioritizing GA over Reserved?

Why would a "best available" have an advantage over "Reserved only"?
    You are correct and will be selected GA if its available. Thats how they are wording it anyway.
  • Options
    davidosdavidos Posts: 471
    Current odds?
  • Options
    ajflicker said:
    I thought they took everyone who wanted GA first as a Priority 1, and then drew random names until GA is filled up.  

Lets say, for argument....if only 50 people wanted GA as their #1 priority....they would take all of those GA people and they would all get tickets.  THEN they would find everyone who had GA as their #2 priority, and start in with them.  Then go through the rest. 

Then if there were still GA tickets available....they would then dig into the "Best Available" groups and start filling them in.   Once they run out, they would then pool the rest of Best Available and the Reserved Only.

Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,417
    edited January 2020
    imagine how many posts could be saved if someone official just explained it to us all. 

I thought I understood, then I read through this thread lol
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    front spacerfront spacer Earth Posts: 3,246
    Vedd Hedd said:
    MD190661 said:
    JR86440 said:
    I really don't think the odds are accurate anymore (if I am understanding the selection process correctly) because of the "best available" option. I hope I'm very wrong, but I'm worried that the 99% is way wrong and will get people's hopes up.
    They update twice a day. Doubt the computer is wrong
    That's not what I mean, at all.  The question is where were the "best available" people allocated for purposes of the odds?  Based on the numbers, I think they were allocated to the GA pot.  That means that once GA is sold out, the remaining "best available" people will spill over into the "reserved" pot and that will drastically change the "reserved" odds.  Again, I hope I'm wrong.  I just don't see how for a majority of the shows they could have more reserved tickets than were requested by both the "reserved" entries and the "best available" entries. That is what would be needed to have 99% odds.

I think they do have more spots than requests so far. I bet most orders are best available and that automatically gets added to the GA odds pool. Say they have 5000 GA spots and another 5k reserved. If the odds for GA are at 50%, then that show has gotten 10k best available requests. 5k will get GA and 5k will get reserved. So 100% odds reserved is accurate. For most shows they have way more than 5k reserved. Probably close to 10k. (I also think the pit is smaller than 5k, but I wanted to make it easy). Does this make sense?
    Agreed, and I bet very few people are "reserved only", so those GA odds are dropping quick. 
    and it doesn't do you any more good to put reserved only instead of best available....it just depends on when your name gets pulled, IF it does
    So should I put best available or just reserved as I want reserved only, don’t want to stand or does it make more sense to put both just in case. Only putting in for one show too. (QC)
    If you just want reserved seats, just put reserved seats as your selection.
    Indy - 08.17.98
    Indy - 08.18.00
    Indy - 06.22.03
    Indy - 05.07.10
    EV StL - 07.01.11
    Alpine Valley - 09.03.11, 09.04.11 (PJ20)
    ATL - 09.22.12 (Music Midtown Festival)
    EV Jax - 11.24.12
    Chicago - 07.19.13
    Pittsburgh - 10.11.13
    Moline - 10.17.14 (The No Code Show)
    Milwaukee - 10.20.14 (The Yield Show)
    FtL - 04.08.16
    Miami - 04.09.16
    Tampa - 04.11.16
    Lexington - 04.26.16
    Chicago - 08.20.16, 08.22.16
    Chicago - 08.18.18, 08.20.18
    Boston - 09.02.18, 09.04.18
  • Options
    imagine how many posts could be saved if someone official just explained it to us all. 

Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    Vedd Hedd said:
    ajflicker said:
    I thought they took everyone who wanted GA first as a Priority 1, and then drew random names until GA is filled up.  

Lets say, for argument....if only 50 people wanted GA as their #1 priority....they would take all of those GA people and they would all get tickets.  THEN they would find everyone who had GA as their #2 priority, and start in with them.  Then go through the rest. 

Then if there were still GA tickets available....they would then dig into the "Best Available" groups and start filling them in.   Once they run out, they would then pool the rest of Best Available and the Reserved Only.

Best Available is the same as requesting GA as your preference first, the only difference is that if you select GA only.....you miss out all together if you don't get selected for GA.  There is no longer a secondary reserved option to fall back on.
    Indy - 08.17.98
    Indy - 08.18.00
    Indy - 06.22.03
    Indy - 05.07.10
    EV StL - 07.01.11
    EV Jax - 11.24.12
    Chicago - 07.19.13
    Pittsburgh - 10.11.13
    FtL - 04.08.16
    Miami - 04.09.16
    Tampa - 04.11.16
    Lexington - 04.26.16
  • Options
    MD190661MD190661 Posts: 394

Where's the fun in that?  
    10/1/94, 6/22/95, 6/24/95, 9/16/96, 7/22/98, 10/21/01, 6/1/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 9/1/05, 7/15/06, 7/18/06, 8/28/09, 10/07/09, 10/3/12, 11/26/13, 6/18/18, 8/10/18, 5/12/22, 5/13/22, 5/13/24, 5/25/24

• Options
    Vedd Hedd said:
    ajflicker said:

Best Available is the same as requesting GA as your preference first, the only difference is that if you select GA only.....you miss out all together if you don't get selected for GA.  There is no longer a secondary reserved option to fall back on.
    I got that part....but lets say that YOU selected Best Available, and I selected Reserved Only. 

So, the very last GA seat was given out, and you didnt get GA. 

Who goes next?   Best Available? or Reserved Only?  Or are we pooled together?
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options

Can you imagine what a dumpster fire that would become?

the information provided in the email is more than sufficient. Way too many people with their own connotations of how things are done. That is the issue. 
  • Options
    Vedd Hedd said:
    ajflicker said:

No, they just draw people at random and if their option is available they get it. So if you get selected with Best Available as your option and GA is available, you get it. 
  • Options

Can you imagine what a dumpster fire that would become?

the information provided in the email is more than sufficient. Way too many people with their own connotations of how things are done. That is the issue. 
    Not really, the "best available" thing is new now. 
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    ajflicker said:

I got that part....but lets say that YOU selected Best Available, and I selected Reserved Only. 

All pooled together and they seniority is applied....
  • Options
    ajflickerajflicker Canada Posts: 166
    ajflicker said:
    ajflicker said:
    So selecting reserved seats at 99% does not guarantee you a seat or increase your odds of getting into the building?
  • Options
    foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    dear santos l halper, i agree with your comment . good on 10 c to get as many tickets as they could for their fans. they know how dedicated we are.  when people think they don't care about their fans they are wrong. they do . their prices are still at the lower end of the scale for a major act. hope everyone gets to at least one show. 
  • Options
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    ajflicker said:

• Options
    Vedd Hedd said:
    MD190661 said:
    JR86440 said:
    They update twice a day. Doubt the computer is wrong
    That's not what I mean, at all.  The question is where were the "best available" people allocated for purposes of the odds?  Based on the numbers, I think they were allocated to the GA pot.  That means that once GA is sold out, the remaining "best available" people will spill over into the "reserved" pot and that will drastically change the "reserved" odds.  Again, I hope I'm wrong.  I just don't see how for a majority of the shows they could have more reserved tickets than were requested by both the "reserved" entries and the "best available" entries. That is what would be needed to have 99% odds.

I think they do have more spots than requests so far. I bet most orders are best available and that automatically gets added to the GA odds pool. Say they have 5000 GA spots and another 5k reserved. If the odds for GA are at 50%, then that show has gotten 10k best available requests. 5k will get GA and 5k will get reserved. So 100% odds reserved is accurate. For most shows they have way more than 5k reserved. Probably close to 10k. (I also think the pit is smaller than 5k, but I wanted to make it easy). Does this make sense?
    Agreed, and I bet very few people are "reserved only", so those GA odds are dropping quick. 
    and it doesn't do you any more good to put reserved only instead of best available....it just depends on when your name gets pulled, IF it does
    So should I put best available or just reserved as I want reserved only, don’t want to stand or does it make more sense to put both just in case. Only putting in for one show too. (QC)
    If you just want reserved seats, just put reserved seats as your selection.
    Thanks!
  • Options
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    ajflicker said:

The lottery looks at one show at a time and then We are randomly selected one entry at a time.....if I am selected before You and have Best Available marked, then I get GA if available.  If GA is not available, I get seats. 

Most of these shows are at a 99% probability, so getting "seats" won't be an issue.  (With Balitmore and NYC as the exceptions)

You and I then get the quality of the seats assigned to us based upon senority.
    Indy - 08.17.98
    Indy - 08.18.00
    Indy - 06.22.03
    Indy - 05.07.10
    EV StL - 07.01.11
    EV Jax - 11.24.12
    Chicago - 07.19.13
    Pittsburgh - 10.11.13
    FtL - 04.08.16
    Miami - 04.09.16
    Tampa - 04.11.16
    Lexington - 04.26.16
  • Options
    hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,067
    ajflicker said:
    ajflicker said:
    ajflicker said:
    So selecting reserved seats at 99% does not guarantee you a seat or increase your odds of getting into the building?
    100% is a guarantee, but 99% is as good as guaranteed. I think lawyers said to start there. 
  • Options
    ponytdponytd Nashville Posts: 654
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    ajflicker said:

Seniority is only applied to the seat location, not the selection process. 
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,457
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    ajflicker said:

Only for reserved seating is seniority in play ..

jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    ajflicker said:

Only for reserved seating is seniority in play ..

Sorry...thought that was a priori knowledge....the poster asked :

My response was to that specific question.  So...after GA is all dried up, Best Available and Reserved Only are pooled together and seniority comes into play....
  • Options
    NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    Are there multiple drawings for each show until they run out of tickets?  Do they start with NYC and pull everyone that had NYC as a 1st show choice, and then onto those that had NYC as a 2nd show choice and so on, or is it one big pool of everyone that put in for NYC in one drawing?  Has to be the former correct or the show priority really wouldn't matter?  This is the kind of thing that would have been useful to take deep dive into on the Faithful Forum, other than "hey, what shows plan to attend on the tour".
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin