Options

Fan-To-Fan Face Value Ticket Exchange

Comments

• Options
    My one big question is: how will TM prevent bots from seeing the F2F ticket postings first?

I'm not going to theorize conspiratorially, it's just on my mind.
  • Options
    My one big question is: how will TM prevent bots from seeing the F2F ticket postings first?

IF bots purchase F2F I'd suppose the only tickets they'd be able to get a profit off of would be NY & Denver, right?
    or you can come to terms and realize
    you're the only one who can forgive yourself oh yeah...
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense...

2009: 8/23, 8/24 (Chicago) 2010:  5/9 (Cleveland) 2013 7/19 (Chicago) 2016: 4/9 (Miami), 5/1 (NYC), 8/20 & 8/22 (Chicago)
    2018: 8/18 (Chicago) & 8/20 (Chicago) 2022:  9/11 (NYC), 9/18 (STL) 2023:  9/5 (Chicago), 9/7 (Chicago)

• Options
    euchrideuchrid Posts: 840
    I assume they will just use the system they have had for years...but will restrict the PJ events from changing prices. Either through your "my tickets" page where tickets show up as "verified re-sale" on the standard TM event page...or since they mention "portal" it is possible they use the ticketexchange site that sports teams and bands use.

Some of the events here just lead back out to TM event page and others (like Tame Impala below) keep all transactions, etc on the ticketexchange site
    https://www.ticketexchangebyticketmaster.com/scotiabank-arena-tickets/venue/24

https://www.ticketexchangebyticketmaster.com/tame-impala-perfume-genius-tickets-toronto-on-6-2-2020/tickets/2872923?_ga=2.23545138.90224573.1579890710-1958743826.1579890710

• Options

IF bots purchase F2F I'd suppose the only tickets they'd be able to get a profit off of would be NY & Denver, right?
    Probably?
  • Options
    I've already talked to tickemaster folks, who don't know anything about the fan-to-fan exchange and Tickets Today who are setting up the fan-to-fan exchange, but running it through ticket master.  At least the Tickets Today guy new something about it all, but the only detail he had is the exchange is on February 18th on the TicketMaster website.  Nothing else is known- time, pre-registration, etc.  It's quite mythical in a way... and annoyingly so. 
  • Options
    UseUrIllusionsUseUrIllusions Posts: 469
    edited January 2020
    I've already talked to tickemaster folks, who don't know anything about the fan-to-fan exchange and Tickets Today who are setting up the fan-to-fan exchange, but running it through ticket master.  At least the Tickets Today guy new something about it all, but the only detail he had is the exchange is on February 18th on the TicketMaster website.  Nothing else is known- time, pre-registration, etc.  It's quite mythical in a way... and annoyingly so. 
    Yeah, the ticketmaster folks are totalIy lost. Is the exchange a one day thing or ongoing until day of the show?
    "This melody, inside of me, still searches for a solution."
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 1,995
    We all just need to chill out and take a break until the 18th. 

Chances are that landing tickets on the exchange will be very difficult (in proportion to how high-demand the particular show is), but who knows it might work out great. Either way, we're not going to know until it opens. 
  • Options
    SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,915
    I was trying to find out through another thread how or if I could trade up if anyone was interested.
    I have 4 Ottawa tickets in the 300's in 2 different sections. I want to trade up for two better seats... Is there anything wrong with that?
    The moderator shut the thread with a condescending comment to boot... Why? I'm trying to educate myself and or improve my seats.. What"s wrong with that? In no way am I trying to profit...
    https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/283636/iso-toronto-2020-tickets
    So now I'm actually worried about even going with 3 friends... What happens after we enter the venue and have to go to our respective seats and the tickets are on my phone only? How will the other 2 people be allowed to their seats ?
    I'll have to get my answers through ticketmaster...

You have me confused with another comment. The thread was closed and I posted a link to the presale.   https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/comment/7101488#Comment_7101488

Please see the pre-sale info posted.

Thank you

• Options
    ajflickerajflicker Canada Posts: 166
    NM70698 said:
    Are assigned seat locations still a mystery until night of the show?  I've been out of the loop a long time.  Do a portion of seats still get assigned at random so that high number members have a shot at good seats?  Thanks.
    Jan 27th I think we find out.
  • Options
    JBob87 said:
    ritg19 said:
    It seems to me that once everyone receives their tickets, 10C, Verified Fan or General, there will be no more distinction between a "fan club" ticket and others.  All bets are off after that.  No one can transfer a ticket in name only (ex CO and NY).  The only option is to put it up for an anonymous face value sale on the Fan to Fan exchange which will include ALL tickets (10C, Verified or General).  I have to think the amount of tickets available on Fan to Fan will always be pretty small for shows.  How many people are buying a ticket to just sell it for face?  Probably those that got 10C tickets and weren't sure they were able to go, but did so just in case.  And very likely those will be snatched up really quickly for face since the seats are better than any non member could have gotten.       

Agree fully with your view. Secondary market is going to be weird. Expect most will fly off of the fan to fan exchange especially for sold out shows. I assume it is going to be a random crapshoot. I’m not seeing any way to actually scalp a ticket to this? Stubhub might not exist for these shows. Unless I am missing something. Which is both great in the sense that more people get in for face but means high 10c #s like me basically have no ability to upgrade beyond constantly refreshing the exchange and praying. 
    Ya I was hoping to grab better seats off the fan to fan if my 10C ones are floor. Last time because we got a physical ticket I was able to trade before the show.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    JBob87 said:
    ritg19 said:
    It seems to me that once everyone receives their tickets, 10C, Verified Fan or General, there will be no more distinction between a "fan club" ticket and others.  All bets are off after that.  No one can transfer a ticket in name only (ex CO and NY).  The only option is to put it up for an anonymous face value sale on the Fan to Fan exchange which will include ALL tickets (10C, Verified or General).  I have to think the amount of tickets available on Fan to Fan will always be pretty small for shows.  How many people are buying a ticket to just sell it for face?  Probably those that got 10C tickets and weren't sure they were able to go, but did so just in case.  And very likely those will be snatched up really quickly for face since the seats are better than any non member could have gotten.       

Agree fully with your view. Secondary market is going to be weird. Expect most will fly off of the fan to fan exchange especially for sold out shows. I assume it is going to be a random crapshoot. I’m not seeing any way to actually scalp a ticket to this? Stubhub might not exist for these shows. Unless I am missing something. Which is both great in the sense that more people get in for face but means high 10c #s like me basically have no ability to upgrade beyond constantly refreshing the exchange and praying. 
    Ya I was hoping to grab better seats off the fan to fan if my 10C ones are floor. Last time because we got a physical ticket I was able to trade before the show.
    Post edited by ajflicker on
  • Options
    I was trying to find out through another thread how or if I could trade up if anyone was interested.
    I have 4 Ottawa tickets in the 300's in 2 different sections. I want to trade up for two better seats... Is there anything wrong with that?
    The moderator shut the thread with a condescending comment to boot... Why? I'm trying to educate myself and or improve my seats.. What"s wrong with that? In no way am I trying to profit...
    https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/283636/iso-toronto-2020-tickets
    So now I'm actually worried about even going with 3 friends... What happens after we enter the venue and have to go to our respective seats and the tickets are on my phone only? How will the other 2 people be allowed to their seats ?
    I'll have to get my answers through ticketmaster...
    I think the problem is trying to trade 4 for 2. I think 1 for 1 trades are still allowed on here. I’ve done it in the past.
  • Options
    halshakarchihalshakarchi Toronto Posts: 176

The tickets are not transferrable. The barcode changes constantly. There is no way the scalpers can resell the tickets (unless they’re in NY or CO).

Essentially this system guarantees the ticket never make a profit beyond its face value.
  • Options
    ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814

Probably?
    Right, which means they probably won't do a F2F ticket exchange for those cities, right? Because it would simply give the scalpers a chance to get their hands on even more tickets. 
  • Options

The tickets are not transferrable. The barcode changes constantly. There is no way the scalpers can resell the tickets (unless they’re in NY or CO).

Essentially this system guarantees the ticket never make a profit beyond its face value.
    I'm a big fan of the attempt they're making but you really can't use the words "no way" or "guarantee". We can already see knuckleheads trying to work the system with the TM account sharing.
  • Options
    ecdanc said:

Probably?
    Right, which means they probably won't do a F2F ticket exchange for those cities, right? Because it would simply give the scalpers a chance to get their hands on even more tickets. 
    I think they still will. If I had an extra for either of those cities I’d def be selling it on here tho.
  • Options
    ecdanc said:

Probably?
    I think they still will. If I had an extra for either of those cities I’d def be selling it on here tho.
    I'd have to think if it's PJ/10c's call they won't. Would seem pretty naive. 
  • Options

I'm a big fan of the attempt they're making but you really can't use the words "no way" or "guarantee". We can already see knuckleheads trying to work the system with the TM account sharing.
    What if the system doesn’t allow you to set a price in the exchange? There’s no field to type in a figure? It’s just you offering up a ticket, and someone wants it and buys it for a set price.
  • Options

What if the system doesn’t allow you to set a price in the exchange? There’s no field to type in a figure? It’s just you offering up a ticket, and someone wants it and buys it for a set price.
    I believe Benny is suggesting they'd avoid the F2F exchange entirely and work some other type of shenanigans. 
  • Options
    ecdanc said:

I believe Benny is suggesting they'd avoid the F2F exchange entirely and work some other type of shenanigans. 
    I can’t fathom any way they could do that with constantly changing barcodes and the system not letting you transfer tickets.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    ecdanc said:

I can’t fathom any way they could do that with constantly changing barcodes and the system not letting you transfer tickets.
    [ebay link removed]
    Post edited by Sea on
  • Options
    ecdanc said:

As he said: "TM account sharing." 
  • Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,363
    ecdanc said:

Like they are on ebay, sell the TM login.
  • Options
    ecdanc said:

Correct. At the least difficult end, you might have to walk in and sit beside your scalper but you still pay above face. There are probably many things I can't think of, because I am a fairly honest person (shout out to my Mom).
  • Options
    ecdanc said:

Correct. At the least difficult end, you might have to walk in and sit beside your scalper but you still pay above face. There are probably many things I can't think of, because I am a fairly honest person (shout out to my Mom).
    Like I said in the other thread, I'm pretty encouraged that there aren't a lot of listings out there right now. If the scumbags had a plan it would be clear by now. They might genuinely be wrong-footed by this.
  • Options
    It's possible I'll have an extra to Baltimore (BA, so probably seated), but all these boards make me think is: if I sell it, I'll have to sit next to one of these people. 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,735
    ecdanc said:
    It's possible I'll have an extra to Baltimore (BA, so probably seated), but all these boards make me think is: if I sell it, I'll have to sit next to one of these people. 
    You are one of us!
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    ecdanc said:
    You are one of us!
    Exactly: I wouldn't want to be stuck next to me for a few hours. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,700
    tdawe said:
    ecdanc said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Pearl-Jam-GA-Pit-Tickets-for-Saturday-3-28-20-Royal-Farms-Arena-Baltimore/293433461629?hash=item4451ff4b7d:g:VT0AAOSwArteJQ6I
    Nice. Selling GA and reserved. That’s awesome. 
  • Options
    tdawe said:
    Like I said in the other thread, I'm pretty encouraged that there aren't a lot of listings out there right now. If the scumbags had a plan it would be clear by now. They might genuinely be wrong-footed by this.
    Sure, me too. The impact of the bots and brokers will be minimized and 10C seems to have told sites like StubHub and Seatgeek that they can't list these shows. The attempts to still scalp will be smaller in scale and using other methods.

Still an improvement though. 100%.