Options

Fan-To-Fan Face Value Ticket Exchange

Comments

• Options
    ddeschler said:
    There won't be any market for scalpers outside NY and CO, with the bar codes on the tickets changing.  Stubhub isn't even listing shows outside those states.  I'm thinking the scalpers/bots may dump back tickets into the F2F when they realize there is no $ to be made.
    I wouldn't be so sure.  Scalpers are not going to roll over without a fight.  Check Ebay.  Tix for every show with notes like this:

*The buyer will be given the Ticketmaster account to use for the show. Price is for all 4 tickets.
    Gorge
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 1,996
    ddeschler said:
    There won't be any market for scalpers outside NY and CO, with the bar codes on the tickets changing.  Stubhub isn't even listing shows outside those states.  I'm thinking the scalpers/bots may dump back tickets into the F2F when they realize there is no $ to be made.
    I wouldn't be so sure.  Scalpers are not going to roll over without a fight.  Check Ebay.  Tix for every show with notes like this:

*The buyer will be given the Ticketmaster account to use for the show. Price is for all 4 tickets.
    You'd have to be insane to spend real money on that arrangement.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,420
    ddeschler said:

Or this one for $900 - they have to be 10 Club seats since he has no idea where they are yet.

'This sale is for 2 Pearl Jam Full View Tickets for Saturday 3/28/20 Royal Farms Arena Baltimore. Tickets will be somewhere in the arena and give you full view of the stage.  They WILL NOT be behind the stage or side view."

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,954
    ddeschler said:

That's crazy....it does beg the question if these tighter controls might end up with fans getting completely hosed for tickets rather than just having to pay a premium through stub hub, etc.  
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    I have a question.  Say I get 2 tickets and cannot make the show.  Can I sell both my Ten Club ticket and my guest Ten Club ticket for face value via the Exchange or only the guest ticket and I must eat my Ten Club ticket?  This would help me decide on what shows I pick knowing that if I can't make it to Quebec I can at least sell both tickets for face value and help someone else out at the same time.
    I'm pretty certain you won't be able to sell just 1 ticket if you put in for 2, since it's clear that the tickets will be tied to one barcode
    That's not true. There is one barcode per ticket. They will all have to remain on the purchasers phone. And if you bought two tickets you CAN sell only one
  • Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,366
    ddeschler said:

That's crazy....it does beg the question if these tighter controls might end up with fans getting completely hosed for tickets rather than just having to pay a premium through stub hub, etc.  
    That seems to be whats happening for in demand shows.
  • Options
    on2legs said:
    ddeschler said:

Or this one for $900 - they have to be 10 Club seats since he has no idea where they are yet.

'This sale is for 2 Pearl Jam Full View Tickets for Saturday 3/28/20 Royal Farms Arena Baltimore. Tickets will be somewhere in the arena and give you full view of the stage.  They WILL NOT be behind the stage or side view."

This is very upsetting as a 20+ yr member and true diehard loyalist. I can’t get in , yet this clown somehow has tickets ? 
    I'll keep taking punches until their will grows tired..
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,896
    Jeez, at this point I hope I can just get rid of my Quebec reserved seats. Hopefully the public sale will fill up those seats!
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,765
    on2legs said:
    ddeschler said:

I am not sure what is more crazy, paying thousands of dollars to hopefully access some turds account the day of the show or buying an old ticket stub for like $30.  people are crazy
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,420
    PearlJutt said:
    on2legs said:
    ddeschler said:

This is very upsetting as a 20+ yr member and true diehard loyalist. I can’t get in , yet this clown somehow has tickets ? 

Same clown also has Baltimore Pit tickets too... only $2850.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    LaFleurLaFleur Posts: 787
    Anybody have a current view of Denver VF seat map? Curious what prospects are tomorrow for general sale. 
    Barrie - '98
    Toronto - '96, '00, '03, '05, '06, '16, '20, '22
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22
  • Options
    PearlJutt said:
    on2legs said:
    ddeschler said:

He might or might not - there's a good chance he's speculating here, hence the long lead time for delivery (at least in the one listing I looked at, he said he'd be delivering some time in mid-March).
  • Options
    MD190661MD190661 Posts: 340
    I do have to say it was nice getting into the Oakland VF sales this morning and seeing good/decent seats at 10:05, even for Saturday. Sure, they were going quickly, but I've been in these sales before and there was basically nothing left even at 10:01. If this were any other popular band, there would have nothing left after the scalper/bots took their tickets first. Getting rid of the scalper element meant way more tickets for actual fans. Sure, the most popular shows were tough, but that's more on the band's scheduling and less on the ticket system implemented. 
    10/1/94, 6/22/95, 6/24/95, 9/16/96, 7/22/98, 10/21/01, 6/1/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 9/1/05, 7/15/06, 7/18/06, 8/28/09, 10/07/09, 10/3/12, 11/26/13, 6/18/18, 8/10/18, 5/12/22, 5/13/22

• Options
    tdawe said:
    PearlJutt said:
    on2legs said:
    ddeschler said:

He might or might not - there's a good chance he's speculating here, hence the long lead time for delivery (at least in the one listing I looked at, he said he'd be delivering some time in mid-March).
    And for the record the notion that he's speculating is much worse than the idea that he (I should probably say "they") was actually able to get all of these tickets already. It means that we will indeed be battling bots in the F2F exchange.
  • Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    Why are they waiting 3 weeks to launch this thing?

Not really getting why it wouldn't be up now.
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,887
    Only speculating but they likely are trying to sell as many tickets as possible before the F2F market opens. TM doesn't want people not buying 300 level seats because they keep seeing 100 level pop up in the exchange.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,954
    Yeah they want to sell original seats before there is a secondary market
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,776
    Is it stated anywhere whether you have to have signed up for verified fan in order to use the fan to fan face value exchange system?  Unfortunately I missed the deadline for verified fan. Ridiculous I know but life is crazy right now. 
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    Is it stated anywhere whether you have to have signed up for verified fan in order to use the fan to fan face value exchange system?  Unfortunately I missed the deadline for verified fan. Ridiculous I know but life is crazy right now. 
    No, it doesn't seem those two things are related. I believe F2F will be open to everyone but details are limited ATM.
  • Options
    ATM = at the moment

Not the other thing
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,776
    No, it doesn't seem those two things are related. I believe F2F will be open to everyone but details are limited ATM.
    Thank you 
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,346
    F2F instructions were present for vF sale today so that means it's NOT just 10c. ANYONE who buys these safe tix and doesn't want will only be able to off load on F2F
  • Options
    lawilczewski2lawilczewski2 Posts: 60
    edited January 2020
    Anybody have a current view of Denver VF seat map? Curious what prospects are tomorrow for general sale. 
    here is what is available as of 351 central time thursday 1/23/2020

Limited seats along the top 5 or 6 rows. Still 10 seats together in some of those sections but not a lot.
    Post edited by lawilczewski2 on
  • Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    ATM = at the moment

Not the other thing
    I'm beginning to think I may need to give someone a little ATM to get into this fucking Baltimore show.
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options
    YAKIMATSUYAKIMATSU Santa Fe Posts: 543
    I think 10c members should post here when they will be surrendering tickets to f2f.  Giving all ticket information.  That would give 10c members a better chance than the public.
  • Options
    LaFleurLaFleur Posts: 787

Limited seats along the top 5 or 6 rows. Still 10 seats together in some of those sections but not a lot.
    yikes, thanks. 
    Barrie - '98
    Toronto - '96, '00, '03, '05, '06, '16, '20, '22
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,346

yikes, thanks. 
    You do know they didn't release ALL available tickets today.... don't you? 
  • Options
    wbutler29wbutler29 Posts: 911

yikes, thanks. 
    I’m sure they hold some seats back to public sale, but not many. Be early and best of luck.
  • Options
    Saltzy23 said:
    ATM = at the moment

Not the other thing
    I'm beginning to think I may need to give someone a little ATM to get into this fucking Baltimore show.
    I think you'd have to get it
  • Options
    Evel KEvel K Posts: 516
    benjs said:
    • Buying tickets today to barter with someone to get to another show wouldn't be possible since tickets can only be resold anonymously - lowers demand

So if I went to Nashville with GA tickets. Posted on the day of the show I'd trade a Nashville GA for a St. Louis GA. We meet at the pre-party have a drink and talk Pearl Jam until we walk in. You pay face value for the ticket right there as you're heading in. Two days later I call you in St. Louis. We meet up at the pre-party have a drink talk about the Nashville show until we head in. I pay face value for your GA ticket as we're walking in. Now if you would skip out on me in St. Louis after I just hooked you up with a GA ticket in Nashville, you wouldn't be on this board. 
    Things were different then